Community > Posts By > IdAppreciate

IdAppreciate's photo
Fri 08/14/09 10:04 PM
Hi there-ya never know who you're gonna meet on here!
Welcome!!
waving

IdAppreciate's photo
Thu 07/30/09 01:19 AM

ok this is now the official mingle2 goin to the uk thread
lol
anyone else down for the trip
but yea i need to goto sleep
i just cant
tired as shite but not sleepy...
lol
i may resort to nyquil

I'm in on the traveling!

Try a Benadryl or 2- works really well to make you sleep for a good 8 hours.
asleep

IdAppreciate's photo
Wed 07/22/09 07:38 PM

Nope. Not goin' to Burnin' Man, and I don't plan to. I'm just not into those "mind-expanding" kinds of activities.

Awesome!
See you there!
I'll see you at the Boobie Bar, Tuesday at 2pm!

IdAppreciate's photo
Wed 07/22/09 07:32 PM

I camped on my own in the past, but I am trying to think of something to do to participate more this year,(something humorous &
entertaining) any ideas?

Get on the BM website and check the theme camp message boards. Lots of choices but they are starting to set deadlines.
I hear the roller disco folks have openings in their camp. I've been chattin it up with the Black Rock City Roller Girls. I might be camping with them.

IdAppreciate's photo
Wed 07/15/09 11:03 PM
Craig Ferguson, of course.

IdAppreciate's photo
Wed 07/15/09 11:01 PM
When you click "reply", under "message" there's a link "add smiley":wink:

IdAppreciate's photo
Wed 07/15/09 10:57 PM

im new and i may lack the mingle forum common sense. my question is, is there mingle forum common sense or do we just go along with the flow of things??????

Some of the people on here...I tell ya.....slaphead
I may come off as a party-pooper but I pretty much answer things quite literally.
spock

**veers up at the topic**

What does General Discussion mean?

I can't spell big words like that so the dictionary isn't taking it

:banana:

what sad2 spock

IdAppreciate's photo
Wed 07/15/09 10:44 PM

im new and i may lack the mingle forum common sense. my question is, is there mingle forum common sense or do we just go along with the flow of things??????

Some of the people on here...I tell ya.....slaphead
I may come off as a party-pooper but I pretty much answer things quite literally.
spock

IdAppreciate's photo
Wed 07/15/09 10:40 PM
Welcome!flowerforyou

I've had some fun with the folks on the forums so far. There are some nice, thoughtful people on here...as well as many smarty-pantses!
Good luck and have fun!!
waving

IdAppreciate's photo
Wed 07/15/09 10:27 PM

Hi i'm looking for people who love travelling to new places and seeing new cultures. Any ideas of cool places to visit ?

You might like the website: www.couchsurfing.com
Check it out!

IdAppreciate's photo
Wed 07/15/09 04:59 PM

if the person is on stealth mode or doesn't have their IM activated then you can't IM them. I believe you can IM even if they aren't online...they just aren't there to answer

I don't see their IM button when they aren't online

IdAppreciate's photo
Wed 07/15/09 04:48 PM

my IM button. Where is it? I have used it before but it has been a loooong time, now I can't find it.what

OK, so the answer to the question is:
the person you want to IM has to be online, and have their account set to accept IMs. If a person isn't online, there is no IM button.

IdAppreciate's photo
Wed 07/15/09 10:07 AM

Hello, IdAppreciate. You can read up on IMs on the following page (look for the 'INSTANT MESSAGING' section). It can also be reached from your Home page.
http://mingle2.com/welcome/help

One thing that is not included on that page is that a user in Stealth Mode will not have the 'Instant Message' button in his/her profile.

Got it-
Thank you-that was very helpful!

IdAppreciate's photo
Tue 07/14/09 07:52 PM

my IM button. Where is it? I have used it before but it has been a loooong time, now I can't find it.what

I have the same problem-no IM button. I looked at the settings too and it just gives the option to turn off incoming IMs. Didn't find info on how to send an outgoing IM.
Where could they be?
spock
what

IdAppreciate's photo
Tue 07/14/09 07:33 PM

That you are single?

I don't meet up with any single men in my regular daily activities, I don't hang out at bars, & frankly don't know where the "out of the box" thinking men are hiding themselves.

Also, I think people tend to expect me to be mainstream, or conservative, or whatever label that would be...and I'm just not that kind of girl. Don't fit in very well with men my own age-I'm an adventurer at heart and don't find traditional roles work for me.

IdAppreciate's photo
Tue 07/14/09 07:08 PM

I plan to this year, it will be my 3rd time since 2000. drinks

That's great!
I haven't decided where I'm going to camp this year, but I might camp with either the Black Rock Roller Disco, or the Couch Surfers camps.
Do you stay with a theme camp or on your own?

IdAppreciate's photo
Mon 07/13/09 12:37 AM

Last summer was my first time-it was so much fun I have to go again!

I was just wondering if any Mingle folks are headed there as well?

I've always wanted to go, probably won't make it out there this year...but probably next year, sounds like a lot of fun! I heard about it a couple of years ago from some friends that said I would probably enjoy it, just never made it out that way...but definitely next year for sure!

I think you would really like it! (you seem like someone who would) It takes some determination and survival skills to hang in there with the location and the dust storms, but it is totally worth it!

IdAppreciate's photo
Mon 07/13/09 12:27 AM

:heart:Is it ever ok to be with someone because you're afraid that you won't find anyone else better?:heart:

I feel that a problem lies in feeling "afraid".
How about just feeling good with who you are spending time with and enjoying yourself in the moment?
I think a healthy relationship requires trust in yourself that you are making a choice to be with them because you feel good about yourself when you're with them. If you are thinking about "someone better" then maybe your thoughts are elsewhere? Another concern is that if you feel that there is another "better" mate out there, what does that make you feel about who you ARE with? Are they ...not good enough? How would you treat them if you felt that way?

IdAppreciate's photo
Mon 07/13/09 12:03 AM

Switched in 2001. Insulated like crazy. Soundproofed floors. Radiance paint with insulation R19 rating. My electric bill went from 110 bucks a month to 25 a month year round.

That is amazing...can you come fix up my place?

IdAppreciate's photo
Sun 07/12/09 09:53 AM

Eh, I dont think I wanna be anywhere where there are no rules thanks.

Reminds me of anarchy, and Im not into idealisim.

Utopia, not practical. I likes my rules, and laws, they keep me safe.

Thanks.

Oh there are rules. There are principles and are all based on personal responsibility and contribution. They have a list of 10 principles to follow that include inclusion-respect for strangers, civic responsibility, participation, leaving no trace by taking care to clean up everything after yourself, and most importantly you get a week away from advertising and commercial exploitation.

At night it is beautiful, brightly decorated art cars on the horizon, fiery art installations all around. I walked around the playa in the middle of the night, and I felt completely safe. Everyone's got your back out there. It's like Disneyland for grown ups-but without the sales or the hype.

It's comforting how people do know how to treat each other with caring and respect in an environment that is so open and full of self-expression.

I see your "rules", and I raise you respect, common decency and freedom of expression.