Community > Posts By > MrJoshua123

no photo
Mon 03/16/09 08:35 AM
Well thanks all for showing me the hospitality I can hope to receive here. I guess you get what ya pay for huh? Oh yeah right it's free.

no photo
Mon 03/16/09 05:45 AM

But...but...I really DO wanna know where all the nice guys are at...!

Crap! I'm an Attention Whore now...I feel so dirty.

LOL I love that name, very clever!

no photo
Mon 03/16/09 05:27 AM
Edited by MrJoshua123 on Mon 03/16/09 05:30 AM

Welcome and Good Luck in what your seeking.flowerforyou smokin

Whoa I have a friend who is into cougars but I didn't know they had the ability to use a computer and get online.

So you are saying she is too stupid to use a computer? spock tongue2

The bad 'cougar' label and the off colored joke ... mmmmm slaphead

Seems like good luck is in order for you until you slow down on the archaic vernacular. winking waving :angel: tongue2 flowerforyou

No she has pictures of actual cougars in her profile so it was a crack at that (actual cougars can't use computers as they are wild animals) and a play on the "archaic" label. I didn't realize being called a cougar was a bad thing, I have never seen a woman take that negatively. I was not implying she was too stupid to use a computer. Since I have to explain this all the humor was obviously lost.

no photo
Sun 03/15/09 10:09 PM

Welcome and Good Luck in what your seeking.flowerforyou smokin

Whoa I have a friend who is into cougars but I didn't know they had the ability to use a computer and get online.

no photo
Sun 03/15/09 10:04 PM

Ok gentlemen what do ya think. Will it get any reactions?

Your pics and the fact your a woman will get you plenty of responses. lol I'd would have liked to have read what your "good qualities" are instead of knowing that some guy is gonna come along and know what they are. I would also make your subject line more appealing. Make it stick out and cause the reader to think...hey....I wanna know more about this person.

Just my two cents. I'm single and on here too so what do I know? lol

no photo
Sun 03/15/09 09:58 PM
Edited by MrJoshua123 on Sun 03/15/09 10:05 PM
Would my profile entice you back to shore?

Pro's, Con's, too salty, too sweet?

no photo
Sun 03/15/09 09:55 PM
Edited by MrJoshua123 on Sun 03/15/09 09:57 PM

welcome to mingleflowerforyou after just posting once I don't think you know about the men on mingleflowerforyou try a positive attitude and enjoy the siteflowerforyou

Yeah because we're good enough, we're smart enough, and gosh darn it people like us.

And holy crap, no pun intended, you're from Heaven? Who would have guessed Heaven was in Texas. I thought it was in a corn field about an hour west of here.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 09:37 AM

sound like a smart kid..nothing wrong with benchmarking...but there will be something wrong if the adjustments that are made to reach or exceed the benchmark is not the genuine you..

roco

I totally agree. I never said I was going to change who I am or pretend to be someone I'm not. Say a lot of women like to see a large list of interests...ok it won't kill me to expand on that. Maybe they wanna here more about my profession, again isn't changing who I am just giving more of what they want.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 08:57 AM

I sit in the corner rocking until someone says hello to me out of sympathy. I then latch on to this person and follow them everywhere they go, not taking the hint that they dont want me around. When they finally get angry at me i fake an epilectic fit. When the ambulance arrives i stand up and sprint off shouting 'TRACTORS'.

Funny but don't think that would work out to my benefit unless my goal was to be known as the tractor guy. Of course I do live in Iowa so maybe that might be a good thing.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 08:55 AM

You're fine for 7-9 years, IMO.

I find it a red flag if men are older, but not your age.

So I still have a few years to close on a deal. Whew. :-p Is there a stigma, in your opinion, of a man who doesn't or chooses not to have kids. Outside of say your own feelings as I see your a mom.

No, choosing not to have kids is no big deal. Neither is not being married.

But what does me concern is the fact that a person has not committed to a relationship. If, for example, you got engaged and it ended due to illness, death, cheating on her part... well then I would understand. But a 38 year-old man (or older) with no marriage and no kids just makes me think, uh oh... commitment phobe. Or worse...

I have no problem with commitment but the women I seem to be attracted to do. lol I am beginning to see why some men run from it. It's a crappy, painful mess to clean up afterwords.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 08:50 AM
Edited by MrJoshua123 on Mon 03/09/09 08:51 AM

I usually stick with being myself (whatever that may be)...but if someone comes up to me and promises me Starbucks, I start melting from the waist down. I'm a whore for Starbucks. blushing

So can I buy you a coffee sometime? :-)

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 08:49 AM

I make eye contact, I smile, I talk. I loathe pick up lines or comments about the weather.

Shy, well, that is a turn off for me. I'm not shy, I don't do shy, and I don't really think I understand it.

I think I understand "Shy". I see a lot of men make a complete jack ass of themselves and after years of observation I've grown fearful of coming off the same. My biggest difficulty comes from making conversation from nothing. I kinda live by the motto it's better to be assumed an idiot then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 08:18 AM

You're fine for 7-9 years, IMO.

I find it a red flag if men are older, but not your age.

So I still have a few years to close on a deal. Whew. :-p Is there a stigma, in your opinion, of a man who doesn't or chooses not to have kids. Outside of say your own feelings as I see your a mom.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 08:10 AM
Edited by MrJoshua123 on Mon 03/09/09 08:13 AM
Nope I moved out when I was 16 and besides a short period where I had to live with my mom due to a bad car accident(19) I been on my own since.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 08:03 AM
In about 2 weeks I'm turning 31 and I'm wondering is it socially acceptable to be 31, a man, never married and no kids? I'm getting this vibe from some people that is a red flag for some women. Here I thought I was being intelligent about the whole marriage and kids thing but now it looks like being smart isn't hip.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:59 AM
How would you best describe your personality in a social setting and what is the best way to approach you in a social setting?

no photo
Tue 03/03/09 08:11 PM

I just finished two research papers this evening and was getting bored so I decided to amuse myself with judgmental aka honest comments about moi out of pure curiosity~

Soooooo bring it! >:]

*goes off to get some coffee*

Way too long. Of course I don't like reading anything that doesn't have fun little buttons to press that make sounds to help you associate personalities of characters or actions in the story. OUUU I also love pop-ups.....yeah pop-ups!!!

no photo
Tue 03/03/09 08:05 PM

Sounds like he hit a rough spot with his ex and wanted a stand in OR he was looking for play on the side. The fact that he wasn't up front about his intentions at the very beginning is a BIG RED FLAG and the only one ya need to see before hitting eject.

Life is too short and there are way too many cool people out there.

But I'm an alcoholic so what do I know?

Ummm....then quit drinking and you'll know even more.:wink: flowerforyou

Sobriety is for quitters. It takes dedication, determination, and true desire to become an alcoholic. Besides it will make my songs and comedy that more marketable when I die too young in a fiery crash.

no photo
Tue 03/03/09 08:02 PM

Well, to know what I need help with, you have to know what happened, lol. I went to a bar couple of weeks ago, and met some of my customers from work, we didnt plan to meet, they just showed up. Never hung out with them before, well, One of them, Ryan we'll call him, talked to me more. We hung out all night, and everything was great, but then they got me to drink, and I know I only had 2 1/2 beers, but I'm seriously a light weight, and I got drunk, I told them I was only buzzed, but I think they knew better, lol. Ne ways, I ended up going home with Ryan. We hung out, and he kept asking me if I was talking to anyone, as in guys, I kept telling him no, not knowing where he was going with it. Well, short story, we slept together, not full intercourse, cuz we didnt have a condom, which is also confusing, cuz I was so drunk that I didnt care, but he did. Usually guys dont care, but he did, which I didnt know if to take that as a bad sign. Even right before we started, we were laying in bed and he asked me again if I was talking to ne one. -guys- We did it, slept, played around the next moring, he had to go to work, I fell asleep. We met up again last week and had actual sex, gave me his number cuz he didnt call me, and told me to call on Monday. But him and his ex might try to work things out. I knew that was a bad sign. lol. Well, Monday comes around and he calls me. Just to tell me that him and his ex are trying to work things out. I told him that I was happy for him, but I wanted to scream. Then he invited me to the bar this week, which I'm pretty sure was a pitty invite. I dont know what to do. I am also pretty sure that he's not trying to get with his ex, it was just a way of saying, "I'm just not that into you." What do I do? I feel like I want to cry, but the tears just wont come. I'm just grateful that I didnt love him, or was in love with him. But I did like him. I liked hanging out with him. How can I get him back? Of course not right away, pfft, I am going to lose weight before I plan on seeing him again.

How can you get him back? Jessica, darling, you never had him.

You had a fling. The fling was a two parter since you didn't have a condom the first time, but you had a fling.

Your weight should have no bearing on whether you pursue a guy! Don't allow that in your mind.

He is not the guy to pursue! winking

I didnt mean to say that. lol. "how do I get him back." I meant to say, how do I get him. lol. Sorry, I know what your saying, and I do believe you, but I want him. I dont know why him, I know I think he's cool, and cute, even though most girls dont think so...

Because some women crave what they can not have. Tao of Steve said it best, We pursue that which retreats from us.

no photo
Tue 03/03/09 07:57 PM
Sounds like he hit a rough spot with his ex and wanted a stand in OR he was looking for play on the side. The fact that he wasn't up front about his intentions at the very beginning is a BIG RED FLAG and the only one ya need to see before hitting eject.

Life is too short and there are way too many cool people out there.

But I'm an alcoholic so what do I know?

Previous 1