Community > Posts By > justmerit

no photo
Mon 09/28/09 08:34 PM
Well I hate it when I felt stuff that I didn't intentionally want to felt...hopefully the fabric softener and gentle stretching will work...or the mittens....or here's an idea....if worse comes to worse make a bag out of it. I love the crochet felted bags I've made from scratch or from those sweaters I washed and shrunk...good luck.

no photo
Mon 09/28/09 08:29 PM
Good job picking up the white key tag...I got my first white tag in '05 and I had to get another in '09. Nine months clean now and finally doing better because I have been following every suggestion given this time and the most important one is...recovery has to come first...and I can finally say that it does this time around. I do not want to go back to where I was and what I was when using. So...do follow all suggestions...work those steps...do service work...and keep coming back it works it if you work it.

Hugs to all you recovering addicts out there...peace and love
justmerit

biggrin

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 06:57 PM

Another medication is Neurontin, it was developed for siezures but they found out it also is good for many types of pain including joint and muscle pain. You must see a physician and get a RX. It is not a narcotic.

No...it's listed in the PDR as an anti-convulsent(sp)...it works for neuro pain associated with diabeties, fibromyalgia and other nerve problems. I took it for years...sure it works but...least with me after taking it for ten years or more I realized once I stopped it I had no brain during that time....go figure....guess it's a trade off...neurontin is gabapentin new med they use is Lyrica which is pregabalin(sp) very similiar meds to the best of my knowledge (although I'm not a doctor nor a pharmacist - just a patient and a recoverying addice :banana:) Good luck with this stuff....

Try glucosomine & chondrotin works very well for most people with little side effects....also I take an RX naproxene called Etodolac 400mg twice a day and when it's really nasty pain Tramadol which is a non-narcotic pain relieve as listed in the PDR...then again there are days I need the help of hydrocodone...a hot tub works wonders, as well as soaking in a hot tub of epsom salt. And some swear by applie cider vinegar with honey every morning.

Good luck...play safe...and peace
waving

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 12:06 PM
49 here...closing in on 50 happy and hopefully it'll be the beginning of a new era...lolnoway

isn't 50 the new 30...hmmm maybe it's the new 40...geesh I don't know huh

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 11:56 AM

Doesn't this remind you of a coupla folk songs from the 60s?

Well...now that you mention it...sort of...oh my!

no photo
Thu 09/17/09 12:37 PM

I'm just posting 'cause it's an Arkanas thread. Ain't a good guy or a nice buy - few and far between - but I'm . . . I don't know. Just what the heck am I?

I too posted here cuz it's an Arkansas thread. I sure do know I'm not a good guy, bad guy or even a guy LOL....

but I'd say that maybe to answer the "Just what the heck am I?" you wrote....maybe just a guy...hehe. Looks that way to me.

Okay enough of that....

peace all
smile2 justmerit

no photo
Tue 09/15/09 04:02 PM
Clean and sober here 9months...well on 9/15...working those steps...doing that service work...gotta love it...thanks NA

keep coming back it works if you work it

waving

no photo
Tue 09/15/09 09:41 AM
Wow...people are posting here...I guess I should look on here more often. Yes it does take patience, persistence, and work... I don't know. Anyway, I guess I'll keep looking around here and maybe something will surface. Peace all...
justmerit

no photo
Wed 09/02/09 08:22 AM
Good question I say...good to see a couple of responses.
So...are there any others out there?

no photo
Wed 09/02/09 08:19 AM
Something happening in Vt....omg....I'm not there but I'm here...
laugh
How's it going up there in VT?

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:29 PM
Oh Yeah...those were the days

I was just talking to a neighbor about some of those things this morning...go figure aye

I didn't notice mention of ice cream trucks and the bells...gotta love that Good Humor...geesh now I want ice cream.

Anyway thanks for the memories...
biggrin

no photo
Wed 05/20/09 09:39 PM
Native Vermonter...hmmm didn't know there were any there anymore...I'm not a native vermonter but I lived there long enough to be considered one finally :banana: But...had to move...couldn't afford to live in that state...moved to one that's equally if not more depressed than VT...go figure.... but the rents are better ohwell
Now my ? is can we really consider Brandon part of VT?...hmmm sorry being a oops wise arse winking Lived in the gateway to the northeast kingdom too long I guess...thanks for letting me ramble on...

peace,
justmerit

no photo
Fri 03/27/09 04:22 PM
I got zip, zero, zilch here

no photo
Fri 03/27/09 04:05 PM
Yes...Happy Bday OldSage flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 03/27/09 04:02 PM
My my that is the great white north...I'm from the great white north flippin cold Vermont...had to leave that kind of weather ...bbbrrrrr

welcome to mingle2...
hope you find what you're looking for

peace,
justmerit

no photo
Fri 03/27/09 09:58 AM
LOL...that's the best bunch of chuckles I've had in a dogs age
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Fri 03/27/09 09:52 AM
How's everyones morning been? I've been rather productive and I found some money...maybe I can get out and buy some furniture for my new apt....anyway

Rainbow...good luck with the mechanic and vehicle situation. I haven't had a car in months and being new here to this area trying to find an apt. etc. it's made it tricky. I too hate being w/out a vehicle...maybe that will change...

OldSage...desktop not working...bummer...I also hate being w/out a computer. That might happen for a bit when I move :( using someone else's laptop now...maybe they'll let me borrow it when I move...

well anyway....hope you all have a good friday afternoon.

peace waving
justmerit

no photo
Fri 03/27/09 05:47 AM

Extremely dysfunctional to the point of almost not bein fixable by a highly educated and licensed psychiatrist. However, the meds do wonders!!shades

Oh yeah...that sounds familiar. Yes the meds do help ill biggrin

no photo
Fri 03/27/09 05:39 AM
For sure...content...works for me happy

no photo
Fri 03/27/09 05:05 AM
Morning all...hope everyone has a good day.
waving

Previous 1