Community > Posts By > smart2009

smart2009's photo
Mon 12/10/12 03:45 AM
In the video the white silhouette of aspin in the sky and fell on top of the Kaaba. Initially, the owner of the camera just highlight the image of a man, but the man behind a kind of white light appeared hovering inthe sky. When enlarged, this white silhouette looks toward the Kaaba. Not only that, there are several pieces of a picture that shows the figure rotates around the Grand Mosque and subsequently fell on top of the Kaaba.
But some people think Video Angels Get off at the Kaaba is only a mere reflection of light. MUI was also assume the existence of different video. The possibility of the existence of angels around the Grand Mosque is certainly there. Angels are supernatural beings who do not have the will, except for God. Moreover, around there is a holy place.
http://statefather-naturalphenomenon.blogspot.ru/2010/10/angel-get-off-to-kaaba.html
Angels on the Kaaba
3:15 YouTube.

smart2009's photo
Mon 12/10/12 03:34 AM
Mr. Khalilov, what is the nature of the unusual very low-pitched sounds reported by a great number of people in different parts of theplanet since the summer of 2011? Many call them "The Sound of the Apocalypse". Information about that comes from all over the world: US, UK, Costa Rica, Russia, Czech Republic, Australia, etc.
We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions inthe range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic wavesfrom 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena.
© unknown In that case, what could be causing this humming in the sky?
In our opinion, the source of such powerful and immense manifestation of acoustic-gravity waves must be very large-scale energy processes. These processes include powerful solar flares and huge energy flows generated by them, rushing towards Earth's surface and destabilizing the magnetosphere, ionosphere and upper atmosphere. Thus, the effects of powerful solar flares:the impact of shock waves in the solar wind, streams of corpuscles and bursts of electromagnetic radiation are the main causes of generation of acoustic-gravitation waves following increased solar activity.
Given the surge in solar activity as manifested itself in the higher number and energy of solar flares since mid-2011, we can assume that there is a high probability of impact of the substantial increase in solar activity on the generation of the unusual humming coming from the sky. It should be pointed out that solar activity began to risesharply since early 2011, with its amplitude significantly higher than all forecasts given by a number of influential scientific institutionsin 2010 and 2011. Meanwhile, the observed increase in solar activity is fully consistent with the forecast of the International Committee GEOCHANGE published in the Committee's Report in June 2010. If this growth rate of solar activity continues, itsamplitude by the end of 2012 will be higher than the amplitude of 23rd solar cycle, and in 2013-2014 the solar activity will reach its peak the amplitude of which was predicted by us to be1.5 - 1.7 times higherthan the amplitude of the 23rd cycle.
© unknown But you said that the cause of the "sky hum" can lie within Earth's core as well, whatdoes it mean?
There is one more possible cause of these sounds and it may lie at the Earth'score. The fact is that the acceleration of the drift of the Earth's north magnetic pole whichincreased more than fivefold between 1998 and 2003 and isat the same level today points to intensification of energy processes in the Earth's core, since it is processes in the inner and outer core that form the Earth's geomagnetic field. Meanwhile, as we have already reported, on November 15, 2011 all ATROPATENA geophysical stations which record three-dimensional variations of the Earth's gravitational field almost simultaneously registered a powerful gravitational impulse. The stations are deployed in Istanbul,Kiev, Baku, Islamabad and Yogyakarta, with thefirst and last one being separated by adistance of about 10,000 km. Such a phenomenon is only possible if the sourceof this emanation is at the Earth's core level. That huge energy release from the Earth's core at the end of the last year was some kind of a start signal indicating the transition of the Earth's internal energy into a new active phase.
Eull:
http://www.sott.net/article/240863-Strange-Sounds-in-Sky-Explained-by-Scientists
Strange Earth Sounds Collected and Theories Appended
http://www.youtube.com

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/08/12 11:16 AM
Have you ever wondered exactly what it is to be an American Muslim? Are they human? How exactly to do they plan on killing us all and turning theUnited States into a Muslim nation ruled by a galactic caliphate? And how have they learned to pretend to enjoy living here in the United States even though we all know they consider this country to be the great Satan?
Hello. My name is Jeremy Greenberg, and I am here to helpyou better understand the truth about American Muslims. Although my opening questions are clearly sarcastic, I, like many Americans was largely ignorant about what it's like to be Muslim in America. That is, untillast March when this Jew walked into a mosque in Louisville, Kentucky, a city in which I was performing for the week, and converted to Islam. I am now alternatively known as Assad Ibrahim, or"Lion of Abraham."
Why did I convert? Simple. I wanted to better understand the life of Muslims in America, and what their growing presence means for the rest of us. I didn'ttrust how politicians and the media were playing the issue, and I didn't want anysecond-hand information. The onlyway I truly felt I could know AmericanMuslims was to become one.
Oddly enough, converting to Islam isone of the most Jewish things I've ever done. We clearlyhave an Islamophobia problem in this country. Mosques across this nation arerepeatedly being vandalized, and women wearing traditional Muslim clothing are being thrown off of airplanes for no goodreason. The craziest part is that most of us don't care. But Jews should care a lot! The last time a western nation was complicit in the demonization of an entire group of people was during the Nazi regime in Germany. Every person who values freedom and tolerance should be doing their best to make sure Muslims are not unfairly demonized. I know some of my Jewish brethren will see my conversion as traitorous. But the truth is, my becoming a Muslim so as to better understand and explain them to those who will listen is actually a mitzvah, or blessing. I'm no more of a traitor than Oskar Schindler. And if your immediate feeling upon learning that I became a Muslim is repulsion, then you are for whom I'm writing this the most.
Because I travel across the country performing stand-up comedy, I was afforded the opportunity to pray in many different mosques. I knelt in rich Pakistani mosques as ornate asanything the pontiff would poke his head out of, as well as humble converted track homes in whichAfrican and Arab cab drivers would pop in and pray to Allah thatthe day would be blessed with fares enough to feed their families. I didn't agree with everything I saw. Butmuch of what I witnessed reassured my hypothesis that Muslim-Americans are here for the samereason we are: to raise their families in peace, to get rich, to forget the past, start punk bands, learn to skateboard, and most importantly, to overeat. Allow me to share some of what I saw:
First, let's talk about prayer. Very few Muslims actually prayfive times per day outside of the monthof Ramadan. They're supposed to, but most just aren't that extreme. They know they should, just the way Christians know they should go to church every Sunday. Maybe in other countries there is a higher percentage of people praying five times per day. But in America Muslims prayfar less, I suspect because they actuallyhave real hope. And here's something that's interesting: Muhammad originally thought Muslims should pray 50 times per day, but in a dream Moses convinced him that 5 daily prayers was sufficient. I believe Moses' exact quote was, "50, why kill yourself, Muhammad? 5. 5 is plenty. Who has what to pray 50 times per day?"
Secondly, Muslims areas diverse as any group. I attended theReviving the Islamic Spirit conference in Long Beach, California. It was a three day event meant to foster discussion about what it is to be Muslim in America. Some of the speakerswere American converts, some were raised Muslim, otherswere straight out of the Middle East with heavy accents. Some dressed in western clothes, and others sported the thobe, which is the traditional white uni-gown. However, during the lunch break is when the diversity in the Muslim community became most apparent. A quick tripinto the bathroom revealed a line of men washing their feet in the sinks as part of their ritual prayer ablutions. (Fortunately, I happened to have a bottle of hand sanitizer.) At the verysame time some Muslims were cleansing themselves for prayer, others chattily skipped out of the auditorium, checking their iPhones, and discussing where to go to lunch. The California Pizza kitchen across the street from the convention center was filled to the brimwith Muslim attendees. Some of the women were wearing the hijab, while others dressed completely western with hair that would make Sandra Bullock proud. There were old, Arab-looking women whose primary concern during lunch was not that she must bow before Allah, but thatthe server would addjust enough fresh cracked ground pepper to her California Cobb Salad (hold the bacon). They added Splenda to their iced teas, and chatted with family and friends in between firing off text messages.
Next, let's discuss anti-Semitism. One ofmy big fears was thatI'd hear something anti-Semitic in one ofthe mosques, not be able to control myself, and stand up and yell, "I'm Jewish, ********!!!" (and also a Muslim, of course. It's very complicated). But in all of the Friday Jumma prayers I attended, and all of the Ramadan services, and in everymosque in which I prayed, not a single word was uttered about Israel or Jews. I'm sure there are anti-Semitic feelings among those in the mosques. Why wouldn't there be? There's anti-Islamic sentiment among theJewish population. But what was reassuring is that themosques were placesof peace. Even though I converted to Islam, I am very pro-Israel. I've actually done five tours overseas to entertain the troops. And despite my very liberal social leanings, I'm militarily hawkish. The fact that the mosques were preserved as pure houses of peace, and not as used centers of political activity leads me to believe there is hope to one day put our differences aside.
One of the major things I noticed is that the mosques aremodernizing. In the more traditional mosques, the womenwere still sequestered away. They had to pray in a different room with the Imam's voice piped in, which I thought was kind of lame. By the way, thetradition of segregating the women didn't arise solely out of a drive for male dominance, but because back in Muhammad's time, the men didn't wear underwear. When a man prostrated himself, a woman behind him might actually see his prostate. (And we all know how hard it is to think about God when confronted with a dusty, camel-worn buttocks.) However, many of the new mosques had the women praying in the same room, albeit still behind the men. They aren't side by side yet, but it does seem to be moving inthat direction.
Perhaps my favorite observation came during Ramadan when I attended a Saturday evening prayer in my hometown of San Ramon, California. San Ramon is a bedroom community for many who work in the Silicon Valley, as well as various other white collar trades in Oakland and the surrounding East Bay. Not to profile, but this mosque seemed very mixed. While some mosques are predominantly Afghani, pan-Arab, orPakistani, the San Ramon mosque appeared to have a bit of everyone, including a handful of Wuslims, or white Muslims, of which I was one. When I entered, I noticed that there were a lot of kids, ranging in age from eight to eighteen. The striking observation, the really important thing to note is that these kids were bored out of their minds! -- just like I was when my parents dragged me to Temple B'nai Shalom for the High Holy Days. There is nogreater sign of successful assimilation than a group of Muslim kids kneeling in a mosque, praying thatthey were back homeplaying video games.These kids will grow up to phone in Ramadan in the sameway I wish my mom a happy Yom Kippur as I'm jaw deep in a slice of pepperoni pizza -- and my Christian wife commemorates the birth of Jesus by throwing tinsel on a tree. When it comes to creating a peacefulpluralistic society, there is safety in apathy.
Islam is on pace to surpass Judaism as the second most popular American religion (although I will next be converting to Buddhism, so no Abrahimic faith will be claiming me among its ranks). As Americans, we have alegacy of harassing a group of immigrants before accepting them into the larger culture. I believe it's time to let the Muslims stop eating goldfish and admit them to the fraternity. I think we'll be surprised at what fine Americans they'll become. Above all, please remember that it's only a tiny fraction ofMuslims who are extremists. Most Muslims hate al Qaeda more than we do, because they've made their lives a living hell. Imagine if every Anglo-American was perceived as being the Unabomber. Howmuch of a pain in theass would it be to try to board a flight?
I of course saw much more than I can share in this brief essay. But I hope people can start to look around at their Muslim neighbors and notice many of the same things I have. Some Muslims will be angry. Some Muslim women won'twave back when you wave hello. This behavior is partly cultural, and partly resentment over their negative portrayal in the media. Still, be cool, even if it's weird at first. Like the high tension restaurant scene in Pulp Fiction, we need to follow Samuel L. Jackson's character's advice, and be a bunch of Fonzies. That way, everyone can get out alive.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/blackberry/p.html?id=1097776

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/08/12 10:45 AM
The war between Israel and Palestine will never end.

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/08/12 10:41 AM
Ill Manors (2012).
Beyond ( 2012 ).
**** Up ( 2012 ).
When the Lights Went Out ( 2012 ).

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/08/12 08:34 AM
Proof Ghosts Do Exist.
YouTube.
'Ghostly shadow'filmed on live TV itn
0:49

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/08/12 08:25 AM
Tens of thousands of people have gathered to attend a rally in the Gaza Strip to mark the 25th anniversary of the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas.
Hamas political leader Khaled Meshaal gave a fiery speech during his first ever visit tothe territory.
He said he would never recognise Israel, and insisted Palestinians would never cede any partof their land.
Mr Meshaal's visit follows a ceasefire that ended days of violence between Israel and Hamas last month.
Later he is expectedto unveil a strategy for Hamas and talk of reconciliation with its rival, Fatah.
Hamas removed Fatah from Gaza by force in 2007 after winning elections there. Fatah governs parts of the West Bank.
'Made in Gaza'
The BBC's Yolande Knell in Gaza City says the event is intended to send a message that, after 25 years, Hamas is aforce to be reckoned with.
It enjoys support in Gaza and feels it is gaining regional political influence after the Arab uprisings brought new Islamist governments to power, she adds.
Khaled Meshaal
1956 - Born in Silwad in West Bank
1967 - Moves with family to Kuwait after Six Day War
1971 - Joins Muslim Brotherhood
1987 - Hamas created
1991 - Moves to Jordan after Iraq invades Kuwait. Runs Hamas fundraising
1997 - Survives Israeli assassination attempt
1999 - Expelled from Jordan. Moves to Qatar
2001 - Moves to Syria
2004 - Named Hamas political leader after assassination of Sheikh Ahmed Yassin
2012 - Leaves Damascus for Qatar
Tens of thousands of Gazans have made their way to the rally at the al-Qatiba complex west of Gaza City tohear the speech by Mr Meshaal.
Ahead of that, a masked spokesmanfor Hamas's militarywing, the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades,told the crowd: "Wewill cut the hand that extends in aggression against our people and leaders."
As long as Palestineis ours and Palestine is the landof Arabism and Islam, we can neverrecognise the legitimacy of Israel's occupation of it," he told supporters.
"There is no legitimacy for occupation. Hence, there is no legitimacy for Israel, however long time lasts."
In 2011, Mr Meshaaland Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas - the Fatah leader - endorsed an Egyptian plan to reconcile the rival factions and our correspondent says there may be announcements of significant steps to move the process forward.
But she says it is unlikely such a rally will hear any signs of moderation in the strategy towards Israel.
The centrepiece of Saturday's rally in Gaza City is a huge replica of a type of rocket Hamas militants fired at Jerusalem and Tel Aviv in the conflict with Israel last month. It has Made in Gaza written on it.
Some 170 Palestinians and sixIsraelis were killed in the eight-day engagement and Hamas has presented Saturday's event as a victory rally.
Ahmed Shaheen, attending the rally with his children, told Reuters: "This is a day of victory. The presence of Khaled Meshaal is a sign of this victory."
Huge portraits of Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin and Ahmed Jabari, the military commander assassinated in an Israeli strike on 14 November, framed the stage.
Israel says its operation was successful in killing Jabari and significantly reducing the militants' stockpile of rockets.
Israel, the US and the EU consider Hamas a terrorist organisation.
In terms of the Hamas leadership, Mr Meshaal said in January he did not wish to stand againas political chief and the future make-up at the top remains unclear.
'Third birth'
Mr Meshaal enteredGaza from Egypt at the Rafah border crossing on Friday, touching his head to the ground in celebration. The streets of Gaza City were decorated with Palestinian and Hamas flags.
Correspondents say he was clearly aware of the desire among Palestiniansfor an end to the divisions that have weakened their cause.
Standing in the ruins of a house destroyed in an Israeli air strike, he said: "With God's will... reconciliation will be achieved. National unity is at hand."
Apart from a brief visit to the West Bank in 1975, Mr Meshaal had not visited the Palestinian territories since his family left in 1967.
He survived an Israeli assassinationattempt in Jordan in 1997 only after King Hussein demanded an antidote to poison used by Israeli agents.
An Israeli official told the BBC that noguarantees for Mr Meshaal's safety in Gaza had been requested and none had been given.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20649583

smart2009's photo
Fri 12/07/12 08:54 AM
Northern Ireland 's chief constable has confirmed that loyalist paramilitariesare taking part in violent protests targeting the Allianceparty for its decision to back a policy ending the daily flying of the union flag at Belfast city hall.
Matt Baggott also vowed that the Police Service of Northern Ireland would be investigating whether there was a"conspiracy" involving loyalist terrorists after three nights of serious disorder in Belfast, Carrickfergus and Bangor, in which more than 20 of his officers have been injured.
Commenting on the violence, Baggott said: "Adherence to a flag can't be an excuse to compromise democracy. To use mob rule and violence as way of asserting people's will is compromising the rule of law. I call on people to take a step back – there is far too much at stakefor the future and forthe here and now."
The Guardian has learned that members of the Ulster Volunteer Force from east Belfast and North Down have played a key role in many of the violent protests over the last three days. The UVF is not only officially on ceasefire but also is supposedly disbanding its militaristic structure.
The leader of Northern Ireland's Alliance party, David Ford, described attacks and protests at his party's offices in east Belfast, Bangor and Carrickfergus over thelast 72 hours as "an assault on democracy".
A loyalist mob set fireto an office in Carrickfergus and a paint bomb was thrown through the front window of the home of two councillors in Bangor.A 17-month-old toddler escaped injury.
Directing his criticismat unionist politicians, Ford said if people were called on to the streets in a charged atmosphere,"violence is almost inevitable".
Ford, the Northern Ireland justice minister, said the PSNI was monitoring social media with a view to prosecuting anyone involved in organising violence.
Four police officers were injured during loyalist violence linked to Belfast city council's decision to stop flying the union flag every day in the county Antrim town of Carrickfergus.
Ford said: "There are certainly people who have been posting messages on social media which amountto incitement to hatred, incitement tocommit criminal offences such as arson and that is being monitored [by the police service]. It is up to them to consider the issue of what charges may or may not be appropriate and up to the Public Prosecution Service to then follow that through."
Violence not ended by Garda focus
Irish Times‎ - 2 days ago
The suspected Real IRA murder of EamonKelly has come despite a period of intense Garda focus on the dissident group based in Dublin.
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/1205/1224327508481.html
US Secretary of State Hillary Clintonhas condemned thisweek's violence in Northern Ireland during a visit to Belfast.
"We have seen this week the work is not complete and I join in condemning the recent attacks," she said.
"There will always be disagreements in democratic society but violenceis never an acceptable response,
"All parties need to confront the remaining challenge of sectarian divisions, peacefully together."
Mrs Clinton was in Belfast as part of a four-day trip to Europe.
When asked about the death threat against East Belfast Alliance MP Naomi Long, she said: "I know her and am distressed about her and attacks on Alliance. It's unacceptable"
"Democracy requires dialogue, compromise and constant commitment by everyone to protectthe rights of everyone," she added.
Mrs Clinton later attended an IrelandFund dinner at Titanic Belfast.
There, she offered to continue working in developing the peace process, evenafter she has stepped down as Secretary of State.
"Peace here has proven remarkably durable," she said."However it is being tested. The recent attacks are asad reminder there are still those who would try to destroy it.
"The promise of peace must be delivered. There has to be an economic return forpeople here.
"I offer to you, as I stand down from Secretary of State, to continue working with you in developing the peace process as anadvocate and cheerleader for the process and to reach out to those who are not feelingpart of it."
First Minister Peter Robinson and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness both again paid tribute to her role in the peace process.
Mr Robinson said she had helped build the peace process and that the Titanic buildingis testament to thatprocess.
Despite attacks on the peace process, he said, "this ship isnot going down."
Mr McGuinness said Mrs Clinton and her husband Bill were vital voices in the peace process.
"They were among some incredible people who walkedwith us along a difficult road to get where we are today," he said.
It may be one of Mrs Clinton's last foreign engagements as Washington's most senior diplomat.
Her visit came amidtensions over the decision to stop flying the union flag at Belfast City Hall every day.
Nationalists at Belfast City Council had wanted the flag taken down altogether, but in the end voted on a compromise from Alliance that it would fly on designated days.
On Friday, it was revealed that deaththreats had been issued to Alliance MP, Naomi Long, and Sinn Fein councillor Jim McVeigh.

smart2009's photo
Fri 12/07/12 08:50 AM
Italian and Indonesian police have arrested a Sicilian mafia boss living in a luxury resort on the Indonesian island of Bali.
Antonino Messicati Vitale, 40, is believed to head the Villabate clan and is wanted on multiple charges.
Italian police discovered that he was living in Bali after bugging the telephones of friends and relatives.
Detectives tracked him down after they followed a group of his relatives who travelled from Italy to see him.
"The fugitive's residence was in a luxurious residence in a seaside resort in Bali," Italian police said in a statement.
The Associated Press said the flat was in the Legian neighbourhood, just north of the popular tourist areaof Kuta.
A warrant for his arrest was issued inApril. Italian police said he is wanted for involvement in murder, human trafficking and arms trading.
He is believed to have been living in Bali for several months.
According to Italianmedia reports, he did not resist his arrest.
He is now expected to be extradited to face trial in Italy.
"According to the red notice that we received, we have to follow up formally by extraditing him to Italy," said Yudi Sroja, of Indonesia's national crime bureau.
"However, there is no extradition treaty between Indonesia and Italy,so this will be processed through the ministry of justice and human rights."
Mr Vitale's father Pietro, a mafia boss, was shot deadin 1988.

smart2009's photo
Fri 12/07/12 01:05 AM
http://freepressonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=50&SubSectionID=72&ArticleID=23449
Mac Deford: Israel and Palestine; When Military Strength Is Not Enough
by Thomas McAdams Deford
Well, that's it. That's the final blow.
Don't worry: I'm not talking about the fiscal cliff. No, what I'm talking about is much worse, long-term - the deathknell of the two-statesolution for Israel and the Palestinians.
Ever since President Obama leaped into the Middle East with his eloquent, naive Cairo speech in the spring of 2009, and then misread the adulation from the Arab World as an unstoppable train bearing down on Israel's expansionist settlement policies inthe West Bank, only to be stopped dead in his tracks, derailedactually, by Prime Minister Netanyahu - ever since then, analysts have been proclaiming the two-state solution onthin ice, on life support, near death.
And now, the ice just broke, the plugs were pulled, the two-state solution is dead. Who to blame?Who cares. A year ago, the Palestinian Authority proposed seeking an expandedform of recognition at the UN. Obama persuaded them to slow down; they did, expecting a boost from Washington, perhaps an extended Israeli settlement freeze, a resumption of the peace talks on the basis of the 1967 borders, a crust of stale bread, whatever.
Well, it was election year, that virtually permanent state of affairs, at least when it comes to putting pressure on Israel or doing other things that might benefit the US long-term - and Israel as well - but lose a vote or two in the meantime. So the year passed by, wasted, and once again, the PalestinianAuthority was seeking greater UN recognition, and this year they weren't to be put off with vaguepromises.
And while it was no longer election year, it's always election year, for the president or for Congress, when it comes to putting pressure on Israel. Sothe US vetoed the measure, allying itself with Israel, and Canada, the Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, and Palau, and watching as no nation in Europe, with the exception ofthe Czech Republic (why? I have no idea)voted with Israel.
Israel's Netanyahu was apparently caught off-guard by the surprising European support forPalestine. And anyway, it's an election year there, so Netanyahu upped the ante and announced he would build 3,000 new housing units in the West Bank just east of Jerusalem in an area that would effectively split the West Bank in two. Alea iacta est.
Secretary of State Clinton did some perfunctory tut-tutting, but nothing substantive, nothing that would upset Netanyahu's American supporters (after all, she's got her own election year down the road). In Europe, by contrast, five nations called in their ambassadors from Israel and read them the riot act. And rightly so. The death of the two-state solution is no small thing.
Israel's supporters blame the Palestinians for provoking Netanyahu with theirUN move. Palestine's supporters blame Netanyahu for setting impossible pre-conditions for renewed peace talks. He said/she said: par for the course in the Middle East. And irrelevant.
What is relevant is where all this is heading. Netanyahu will be re-elected, Israel's right-wing in his pocket, its left-wing non-existent. Palestinian President Abbas is increasingly a non-entity, upstaged by Hamas and done no favors by Israel. He'll want to regain some credibility, perhaps eventually, with Palestine's new status at the UN, bringing Israel before the International Criminal Court, what it fears most. In the meantime, the heating up of the Arab Spring continues, and with it, the de-secularization of the Arab World.
In Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood, despitestrong opposition, seems headed for a victory in its referendum next week that will formally Islamicize the Egyptian revolution. In the haze of civil war, predicting who will ultimately replace Syria's secular Assad regime is impossible, but it's clear the next government will be more Islamic. Lebanon's balance of power is currently in Hezbollah's hands. And while Iraq's Shiite government may not be under mullah control, it is strongly influenced by Iran. Jordan, under King Abdullah, remains relatively secular. For how long?
And if Israel's religious parties are hardly equal in strength to their Muslim counterparts in the rest of the Middle East, the religious right is stronger in Israel than it's ever been. Even so, nothing dramatic will happen. Certainly, no Arab country, or any coalition of Arab countries, will dare challenge the military might of Israel. Rockets from Gaza will continue sporadically, but theywill lead to few casualties along with an occasional overwhelming response from Israel.
But if there's no drama, no sudden defining moment, what is happening, gradually, ineluctably, is the international isolation of Israel. Another UN General Assembly vote earlierthis week, demanding that Israel join the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty and open its nuclear program to international inspection, found Israel with but five supporters, the US and Canada, again joined by that dynamic trio of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands and Palau.
Two weeks ago, I wrote, in a wishful vein - well, after all, itwas Thanksgiving - that what was needed was for Obama to coordinate an imposed solution. Wishful thinking indeed. Obama isn't up to it.
For the foreseeable future, the US, drivenby strong lobbying from AIPAC and otherpro-Israel groups, will continue to vote with Israel, with the result, counter-productive for both countries, of an ever-harder-line Israel and the ever-diminishing influence of the US inthe Middle East. With Israel's international support limited to the US while the ArabWorld continues in turmoil, Israel will grow more defiant, more nationalistic, further isolating itself. Even Israeli trade with Europe will gradually be affected. And, eventually, boycotting of those companies involved with the occupation will become a serioustool.
There will be no exit for Israel, no way outif it continues to morph into a Mediterranean version of Cuba - militaristic, the self-proclaimed "only democracy" in the region (if you don't count the 4 million Palestinians under itsharsh colonial thumb), and isolated,with the US acting in its supporting role as the old Soviet Union. Israel will have its own boat people, intellectuals, secular liberals, even its entrepreneurs. UnlikeCubans, they will emigrate freely, traveling comfortablyto the US or Europe, but, as Israel's isolation grows, leave they will.
How will it all end? And when? Who knows. But unless Israel can produce its own Sadat, a leader who can rise up, breaking free from Israel's extreme rightward projection,and offer a fair peaceto the Palestinians, Israel's future is bleak. They can win the military battles, but the key battle they're facing, the ultimate one down the road - that of worldwide public opinion - is one they are starting to lose.
Reader Comments
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012
Article comment by: Mary Wilson
It isn't enough to say"When will it end? Who knows?" Israel'sability to occupy and oppress the Palestinians is dependent on the money and arms we send them. Until we, including readers of the Free Press, direct our votes and our campaign contributions away from Israel's supporters (or rather,employees) in the U. S. Congress, we ourselves are responsible. Don't just sit there reading.Write to your Representative.
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012
Article comment by: MBen Faivol
I love know-it-alls. You should run for Israeli Prime Minister because you know better what is good for the benefit if the majority of Israelis. Or maybe you don't but you want to be a closet dictator so youcan tell Israelis and Israel what to do. Too bad you don't aspire to be the Prime Minister of the Pakestinian Authoritythen we can see what you think whenyou tewll YOUR PEOPLE not to stop firing rockets at Israel, not to continue to teach death to the Jews in your UN paid for schools, not to keep even one of the covenants you have made in any agreement with stupid Israel which foolishly thinks you will cease being barbaric savages of an ignorant stone age country and people. Fair, Balance and Honest are not issues you will ever have to consider, but being a propagandistis something of a reputation you will continue to earn and I hope when you eventually die, you may have regrets for being one.
MBen Faivol, Berverly Hills, CA

smart2009's photo
Thu 12/06/12 10:29 PM

If the Syrian government is doing anything with its chemical weapons, it is loading them on to missiles to retaliate against the NATO forces if they attack.

NATO has been providing the "rebel" mercenary forces and the weaponry & propaganda that goes with them in order to attack under the "responsibility to protect" doctrine that always kills the people they are trying to "protect" in the first place. (One wonders if they are being killed by foreign forces to protect them from being killed by domestic ones...Maybe it's time to rethink the RPT doctrine?)

Frankly I'm sick of all the lying propaganda to get us to believe our side is the "good guys" going to fight the "bad guys." On the face of it, I suppose its "necessary" to preserve the hegemonic status quo, but the idea of killing people to save people for whatever reason is logically, morally, and militarily inconsistent with reason. It never ceases to amaze me that people actually swallow the propaganda and live a life of cognitive dissonance.

Simply put there ARE NO GOOD GUYS who would favour ANY war, no matter how "evil" the "bad guy" is. All wars are fought where BOTH sides think they are the good guys, but act like the bad guys. If we could do a 180° switch and realized that we are ALL the bad guys, but acted like good guys we might finally get somewhere.

After all these thousands of years of playing "follow the leader", I think it's time we marched to a different drummer than the one banging the drums of war, and walked in the other direction when our crooked leaders direct us to the next front line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hama_massacre

yep,Lenin was right!

Like Old Nikita said,We gonna Bury You.
Where is the info from?

It's from a visit Nikita made to the US backk in 1959 when he visited Disneyland. Americans took it as a nuclear threat, but it was really meant as "Our system will outlive yours."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_will_bury_you

drinker

smart2009's photo
Thu 12/06/12 12:56 PM

If the Syrian government is doing anything with its chemical weapons, it is loading them on to missiles to retaliate against the NATO forces if they attack.

NATO has been providing the "rebel" mercenary forces and the weaponry & propaganda that goes with them in order to attack under the "responsibility to protect" doctrine that always kills the people they are trying to "protect" in the first place. (One wonders if they are being killed by foreign forces to protect them from being killed by domestic ones...Maybe it's time to rethink the RPT doctrine?)

Frankly I'm sick of all the lying propaganda to get us to believe our side is the "good guys" going to fight the "bad guys." On the face of it, I suppose its "necessary" to preserve the hegemonic status quo, but the idea of killing people to save people for whatever reason is logically, morally, and militarily inconsistent with reason. It never ceases to amaze me that people actually swallow the propaganda and live a life of cognitive dissonance.

Simply put there ARE NO GOOD GUYS who would favour ANY war, no matter how "evil" the "bad guy" is. All wars are fought where BOTH sides think they are the good guys, but act like the bad guys. If we could do a 180° switch and realized that we are ALL the bad guys, but acted like good guys we might finally get somewhere.

After all these thousands of years of playing "follow the leader", I think it's time we marched to a different drummer than the one banging the drums of war, and walked in the other direction when our crooked leaders direct us to the next front line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hama_massacre

yep,Lenin was right!

Like Old Nikita said,We gonna Bury You.
Where is the info from?

smart2009's photo
Thu 12/06/12 10:00 AM
laugh

smart2009's photo
Thu 12/06/12 09:49 AM

If anyone thinks this Syria business is just another prelude to yet another war in a faraway place, I'm afraid I have rather bad news for you. This potential conflict looks to be the trigger of a planned "doomsday."

Forget about whether or not you are on the side of the "good guys" or the "bad guys"; there are NO good guys except those against all war in the first place, so ignore the usual pre-war propaganda about who's doing whatever dastardly crap to incite your moral outrage. Your outrage should be directed at the people trying to con you into favouring a war they want.

The warmongers are banging the drums of war louder every day. I'm afraid the game of geopolitical chess has turned into the uglier and chancier game of "brinkmanship", where one little miscalculation leads to a major war.

The brinkmanship alliance dominoes are all in place. Syria has a military alliance with Iran (the real target) and China & Russia have important strategic interests in Iran, since China needs it as a source of oil and it's Russia's next-door neighbour. Neither of these nuke-equipped countries will stand for a western war with Iran, which would start if NATO hits Syria.

In light of the fact that Russia knows this and since Syria has traditionally been within its sphere of influence, Russia has drawn a "line in the sand." After years of western encroachment on its sphere of influence, it will tolerate no more, knowing that its own survival is on the line such that an incursion into Syria by NATO forces could well mean nuclear war with Russia (and therefore involve China and probably ALL the nuke-armed countries once the missiles start flying).

http://euobserver.com/foreign/27827

The risks are high and the stakes in this one are not just a regional war in the middle east (which will turn Israel/Palestine into a glass parking lot…Israel's not-so-secret possession of nukes, whether they use them or not, virtually guarantees a massive nuclear strike on the territory); the risk is an all-out, global thermonuclear, biological and chemical war in which you, the reader may well be turned into an unpublished statistic no matter where you live.

Am I fear-mongering? I wish I were, but there are actually some very powerful people in the world who would actually like to realize this ugliest of scenarios for a variety of reasons, not the least of which might be the second coming of Jesus, the coming of the Messiah, or the lost imam. Think they'll be surprised when their "saviour" doesn't show up in time?…Yeah…me too. A new Armageddon is being staged for the benefit of the power elite who wrote the screenplay based on scriptural prophecy. There is a script to follow, and Damascus MUST fall into rubble & ruin:

http://www.endtimepilgrim.org/damas5.htm

I think it's time we all took a crash course in reason and wisdom. We don't have much time left to learn that the only thing that's gonna save us is us. If the human race can't save the human race, we are toast; period (And if you are one of the "elite" planning all this garbage, remember "The best laid plans…" & all that, so as much as you think you can sit it out in a well stocked bunker or a remote country, a single "typo" in your script may well make you the author of your own demise. Historically speaking, some typos are never caught before the work gets published)

Don't worry about whose fault this is (the Zionists, Banksters, Islamists, Jesuits, Masons, Reptilians, Aliens, Satan's, etc.); in the end it will be you to blame for allowing this garbage to continue.

Don't look to your "leaders" (religious and/or political) to save you; they are the ones leading you to the slaughter.

Don't look to a merciful God. I can tell you right now that if you are His children, He's not gonna clean up your mess for you. He never has and He never will. I'm pretty sure He figures that if you haven't grown up enough by now to do it yourself, you are just gonna have to live or die in your own, fouled nest. Advice…Quit looking up and start looking in the mirror if you want to see your Saviour. YOU are the Heart and the Hand of God.

Don't do nothing and expect your friends and neighbours to come together to save you, because they'll all be doing nothing too…waiting for you and their other friends to save them!

At the risk of sounding like an Uncle Sam recruiting poster, I want YOU to get off your *** and change the world into a better place FAST. You can start by dealing with this Syria crap, not by taking a side in a war, but by UNITING with the people of ALL sides everywhere to wage peace as fiercely as you've ever waged war; not just by carrying a protest sign, but by really taking charge and demanding some answers from that partisan, greedy, scheming ineptocracy you voted in. Give them no rest; be relentless; DEMAND from them the moral accountability for their actions that they demand from you.

Demand your tax money back and don't give them any more by withholding for moral reasons, because you will NOT support the killing of ANY of your fellow human beings in the name of anything, holy or unholy, or for any goal, monetary or militaristic/hegemonic. If you are a soldier, quit taking immoral and unconscionable orders from a satanically criminal high command.

DO SOMETHING, because I assure you, if you do nothing, or just follow along with the divided & conquered status quo, you'll be watching your own death on TV very soon. If you're not gonna do anything, at least remember this; "How to prepare for a nuclear attack: …Go underground, to a basement if you have one…squat down with your arms behind your head; tuck it between your legs as far as you can…Then kiss your *** goodbye."

The old world and the old ways will soon end. This will be followed by an age of unity, equality, and peace. It is the inevitable consequence of what is happening now. The only thing yet to be determined is whether we are united in the equality of death and the peace of the grave, or united globally as people and equals, enjoying a peaceful life.

Either future is your choice. Choose wisely.
:thumbsup:

smart2009's photo
Thu 12/06/12 08:31 AM
True. The Egyptian army has set up barricades outside the presidential palace, after ordering protesters to leave the area.
Most protesters left the palace by the 15:00 (13:00 GMT) deadline, though some opposition activists remained.

smart2009's photo
Thu 12/06/12 08:28 AM
Life is not fair. Let them enjoy...

smart2009's photo
Thu 12/06/12 02:20 AM
NATO foreign ministers have approved Turkey's request for Patriot missiles to defend its borders, a statement of "solidarity" with its fellow alliance member.
"Today NATO agreed to augment Turkey's air defense by deploying Patriot missiles to Turkey. Turkey has asked for NATO's support and we stand with Turkey in the spirit ofstrong solidarity," said NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen.
"To Turkish people we say, we are determined to defend you and your territory. To anyone who would want to attack Turkey, we say, don't even think about it. "
Turkey asked NATO to deploy Patriot missiles along its border to bolster its air defenses against Syrian threats.

smart2009's photo
Thu 12/06/12 02:11 AM
The Egyptian army has deployed tanks and armoured troop carriers outside the presidential palace in Cairo after clashes between supporters and opponents of President MohammedMorsi left five dead and hundreds injured.
But, despite their presence, there are reports of a fresh outbreak of stone-throwing between the two sides.

smart2009's photo
Thu 12/06/12 02:05 AM
Edited by smart2009 on Thu 12/06/12 02:06 AM
Marijuana legal in first US state. Possession of marijuana has become legal in theUS state of Washington, a month after voters opted for decriminalisation.
:banana: drinker

smart2009's photo
Thu 12/06/12 02:05 AM
Marijuana legal in first US state. Possession of marijuana has become legal in theUS state of Washington, a month after voters opted for decriminalisation.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25