Community > Posts By > smart2009

smart2009's photo
Wed 12/05/12 11:11 PM
This story is pretty incredible. A valley man who lost his dog in North Carolinahas gotten his dog back 7 years later.
It was all thanks to a microchip implanted in the dog's shoulder.
The dog was found wandering the streets of Durham, North Carolina last month in pretty bad shape.
After the Humane Society scanned him for a chip, they founda phone number thatput them in touch with his owner, who now lives in Tempe. Now after all these years the two are now back together.
ASU assistant swim coach Dan Kesler andhis Doberman B.A. have been reunited after spending the last 7 years apart.
B.A. ran off during a thunderstorm in North Carolina when he was 3 years old.
"The first night I spent outside waiting for him to come back, because Ihonestly thought he would come back that night. Within a week I thought he would show up - but then as weeks turned into months and months turned into years… did I think he'd be back - Ican't say yes. But I never gave up hope."
Dan always wondered what happened to his fourlegged friend, who had a microchip. He hoped someday he would get the call hewas waiting for.
"Yeah I never changed my number throughout the yearsdepending on the job or wherever I was at - I never changed the number just in case this happened."
Four weeks ago the call finally came.
"Oh my God it's my dog - I have to do whatever I have to do to get my dog back!" he recalls.
B.A. was flown to Arizona at the beginning of the month. Dan picked him up at the airport.
"You know there's little commands that he knew were me - that he remembered and picked up on. So I honestly think he did remember me."
Dan says it's still hardto believe he and B.A. are back together again.
"There's so many things that had to line up throughout this whole process that ended up lining up. To be able to have him back as well," he says. "It's amazing. It's absolutely amazing."
You may have noticed B.A. has a bandage on his leg. That's because at some point he broke his leg, and a metal rod had become infected. It's now been taken out and he is well on the road to recovery.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/20210983/2012/11/28/owner-reunited-with-lost-dog-after-7-years-apart
And even after seven years , the dog still remembers his owner...

smart2009's photo
Wed 12/05/12 12:02 PM
Baltic UFO has Nazi origin?
The controversy around the mysterious object, which was found in August of last year onthe bottom of the Baltic Sea, continues. Some experts believethat the finding has absolutely nothing todo with unidentified artifacts from space. One of the versions says that it is a Nazi secret military base; another one says that it is nothing but a piece of rock.
The news about the alleged discovery of the UFO was unveiledto the world by Swedish researchers Peter Lindberg and Dennis Asberg. Last summer, the two men were searching for Swedish merchant ships that had been sunk by Nazis during World War II. Sonar found amysterious round object with the diameter of about 60feet (18.2 meters) on the sea floor, at the depth of 300 feet. It was impossible to reach the object.
"We come across many strange things in our work, but I have never seen anything like this during 18 years of professional experience," said Lindberg.
Ufologists immediately hypothesized that there was a flying saucer resting on the bottom of the Baltic Sea. The history of UFO observations says that unidentified flying objects were often seen above the water, and even flying out of the water. Quite often,"flying saucers" appear near ships and aircraft. It is also possible that the alien spaceship crashed into the sea.
Print version
Font Size
Send to friend
Some researchers blame UFOs for mass deaths of marine creatures. It particularly goes about dolphins and whales. In Tasmania, for example, 2,768 whales and 146 dolphins in total beached themselves during the last nine years. American ufologist J. Rossel gathered statistics that said that marineanimals commit suicide most often in the areas where unidentified flying objects had been observed.
Back to the "Baltic anomaly." In June of this year, Lindberg and Asberg returned to those places to explore the finding. They managed to film it on video. A month later, the researchers received the sonar data that led them to believe that it was a top-secret Nazi base from WWII equipped with anti-submarine weapons.
According to retired Swedish naval officerAnders Autellus, the construction measuring 200 by 25 feet with double concrete walls, could be used during the war to block the signals of Russian and British submarines cruising in the area.
Meanwhile, professorof geology at the University of Stockholm, Bruchert Volker, believes that"the Baltic UFO" - is just a rock. The scientist came to this conclusion after he studied the samples from the place of the discovery. "Since the Baltic Sea appeared as a result of melting glaciers, these rocks were probably formed around the same time. Perhaps, it was glaciers that brought these rocks to the region," the professor believes.
http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/06-09-2012/122089-baltic_ufo-0/

smart2009's photo
Wed 12/05/12 11:52 AM
A drone Iran claims to have captured from the United States “appears to have been fished outof the sea,” and “notours” according to U.S. Navy and defense officials, casting doubt on Iran’s version of events. While it appears that the ScanEagle drone mayhave gone down in the Persian Gulf, military officials are confident it is not a U.S. drone.
Navy officials also note that the serial number on the drone is covered with black tape in the video released by Iran, preventing them from tracking it. If the serial number were visible,the U.S. military or the manufacturer, Boeing Co., could tellexactly where the drone originated.
The drone shown in the video is a ScanEagle model, but those are not unique to the UnitedStates. Boeing sells ScanEagles to at leastnine different nations and private business such as oil companies operating in the Persian Gulf.
Defense officials describe the ScanEagles as being at the “low end of drone and surveillance technology,” which would provide the Iranians nothing new in technologicalor weapons development no matter whose drone it is. The surveillance apparatus consists only of a camera andtransmitter. There isno video, data or intelligence stored on the drone itself.

smart2009's photo
Sun 12/02/12 07:15 AM
illegals,illegals,illegals.
Sex tuorism. BIRTH TOURISM.Maternity Hotel' Sparks Outrage in Calif. Suburb
Residents of a Southern California suburb are protesting against a hilltop home that they say serves as a maternity center for Chinese mothers paying thousands of dollars to give birth to so-called "anchor babies."
Dozens picketed a Chino Hills intersection on Saturday, holding signs that read "No Birth Tourism" and "Not Here! Not in USA!"
The city's mayor tells the San Bernardino Sun that rooms in the house have been rented out to pregnant Chinese women until they give birth.
Protesters say they don't want to see a business in a residential area.
Kelly Good tells the Sun the come legally on tourist visas, but their intention is to give birth in the United States so their children would automatically gain citizenship. She said that's a "false pretense."
Chino Hills resident Karol Arredondo tells the Sun every so often a tour bus comes and takes groups of pregnant Chinese women to nearby tourist destinations, such as Disneyland and Venice Beach.
City officials say they are handling code enforcement issues at the property, but not dealing with the alleged maternity operation.

smart2009's photo
Sun 12/02/12 06:34 AM
Edited by smart2009 on Sun 12/02/12 06:40 AM

Why is it so that when world leaders can evade the legal process after being caught out misleading the very nations that elected them to power when a bum in the street with no home can be jailed for smoking a joint ? greed and corruption fraud, in global politics is throwing us into a global econonic crisis which will affect millions, and now nasa has confirmed there will be some kind of unknown atmospheric changes in december, maybe some things will change for the better after we become poor and no longer have the use of electricity as we know it., any comments ?

The World Leadersof today's day andage, truly are not interested in solving two of the biggest world issues- (a) povertyand (b) homelessness.
When you look around where youlive, regardless of what country you live in, what do you see?
You see, beggars - pan handlers - churches asking for money - donations for the poor from many different businesses - people sleeping inthe gutter - people digging in trash cans for food and so much more.
All of these sorts of things are part of poverty and homelessness, and no matter how much is given, the problem continues to be a part of world issues.
http://cagsil.hubpages.com/hub/World-Peace-The-Biggest-Political-Scam-Ever-Put-To-Words
.....only interested in control of people.

smart2009's photo
Sun 12/02/12 05:31 AM
Edited by smart2009 on Sun 12/02/12 05:32 AM
An Oregon man could very well have set a record for the shortest stretch of time between lockups, requiring a mere 55 minutes to land himselfback in jail after being released.
Christopher Franklin Weaver, 33, walked out of Lane County Jail as one of 32 recently released inmates, walked about a mileor so and allegedly promptly robbed a bank, police in Eugene, Ore., said.
He was caught by authorities at the Pacific Continental Bank and returned to Lane County Jail. Nobody was injured during the alleged robbery.
“This is pretty fast, someone getting released at 11:00 and then they arrive back 55 minutes later,” Sgt. Carrie Carverof the Lane County Sheriff’s Office told ABC News. ”I can’t say it’s the shortest time, but it’scertainly themost notable because of the nature of the crime.”
Law enforcement in Lane County was forced to release 32 inmates, including Weaver, in order to balance the budget for the year, Carver said.
The releasedinmates were imprisoned on charges ranging from assaultand sex abuse to drug possession and drunk driving. Weaver was incarceratedfor parole violations for sex abuse and for unlawfuluse of a vehicle.
Officials at the Lane County Sheriff’s Office could not confirm whether or not Weaver, who now faces federalbank robbery charges, hasbeen assigned an attorney.
Magistrate Judge Tom Coffin ruled Weaver a flight risk at his initial hearing in US District Court and hewill be locked up for “as long as the feds pay for that bed,” Carver said.
New world record !
55 minutes.
laugh

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 10:12 PM

It was a terrible loss of life during a period of history where massive loss of life was the norm, sadly. I do agree that this sinking makes the Titanic's losses pale into insignificance, but mysterious phenomena & the paranormal?

Agreed. Need a topic about history.

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 01:46 PM
A new dissident IRA group has expelled scores of members ina crackdown on informers.
The Sunday Times reports that the umbrella group for Republican terrorists is taking stern action.
The paper’s crime correspondent John Mooney claims that the new IRA group has stood down certain active-service units as part of a purge against suspected informers.
He says that command of the organisation has been transferred to republican hard-liners based in Northern Ireland ahead of a new reignof terror.
The new grouping has brought togetherthe Real IRA, Republican Action Against Drugs, and former members of the Provisional IRA.
The report says that more than 100 key members have been expelled in recent weeks in a purge against those it suspects of secretly working as informers.
Dissidents involved in organised crime and those who were involved in failed terrorist organisations have been dismissed.
The paper also says that former associates of dissident leader Alan Ryan, who was shot dead close to his home in Dublin in September, have alsobeen stood down.
The paper says that the new terrorist group has banned members from using mobile phones or discussing IRA business while indoors or travelling in cars.
One source told the Sunday Times: “They have learnt from their mistakes made in allowing telephone calls to be intercepted or cars tobe bugged.
“They are communicating without speaking over a phone. They are using every conceivable method to make contact without speaking directly to one another.”
The paper also says that the group now represents the biggest threat to police, prison officersand soldiers based in Northern Ireland.
They believe this new IRA was responsible for the murder of prison officer David Black in Antrim earlier this month.
The source added: “Black’s murder has been a morale booster for terrorists.They managed to target a prison officer without beingdetected, they managed to follow him home, shoot himdead as he drove to work and get away with it. They are feeling confident.”
Terry Spence, chairman of the Police Federation of Northern Ireland, told the paper that the British and Irish governments urgently need to take decisive action to thwart the group.
He said: “This new IRA group has consolidated its position. They have access to explosives and very sophisticated weapons. It is quite obvious that the degree of decommissioning of IRA weapons was never 100%, and the evidence that there is still Semtex available in some quantity is extremelydisconcerting.”

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 12:33 PM

Peace in the Middle East Will Never Happen...

Is there really any where that real peace exist?

We are a fierce animal, man will never live in peace and harmony together. There will always be atrocities,we can't control human nature, it's what drives us.... ”

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 12:21 PM
Peace in the Middle East Will Never Happen...

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 12:03 PM
LOWKEY LYRICS - LongLive Palestine.
This is for Palestine, Ramallah, West Bank, Gaza,
This is for the child that is searching for an answer,
I wish I could take your tears and replace them with laughter,
Long live Palestine, Long live Gaza!
While we listen to tunes, made by ignorant fools,
Israel blocked the UNfrom delivering food,
They'll bring in the troops and you won't even glimpse at the news,
They make money ofthe products that weare quick to consume,
It's not simply a question of differingviews,
Forget emotions, this is fact, what I spit is the truth,
Makes no difference if you're a Christian or if you're a Jew,
They are just people living in different conditions to you,
They still die when you bomb their schools, mosques and hospitals,
It is not because of rockets, please god can you stop it all,
I'm not related to the strangers on the TV,
But I relate because those faces could have been me,
Words can never ever explain the raw tragedy,
It's not a war they'rejust murdering morerapidly,
We are automatically supporting pure savagery,
Imagine how you'd feel if it was your family,
Long live Palestine, Long live Gaza,
Palestine remains in my heart forever,
We stand for peace, in times of war we shan't surrender,
Remember, it didn't start in that dark December,
Every coin is a bullet,if you're Mark's and Spencer,
And when your sipping Coca-Cola,
That's another pistolin the holster of a soulless soldier,
You say you know about the Zionist lobby,
But you put money in their pocket whenyou're buying their coffee,
Talking about revolution, sitting in Starbucks,
The fact is that's the type of thinking I can't trust,
Let alone even start to respect,
Before you talk learnthe meaning of that scarf on your neck,
Forget Nestle,
Obama promised Israel 30 billion over the next decade,
They're trigger happy and they're crazy,
Think about that when you're putting Huggies nappies on your baby,
Long live Palestine, Long live Gaza,
This is not just a warover stolen land,
Why do you think little boys are throwing stones at tanks?
We will never really know how many people are dead,
They drop bombs on little girls while they sleep in their beds,
Don't get offended by facts, just try and listen,
Nothing is more anti-Semitic than Zionism,
So please don't bringbad vibes when you speak to me,
I know there's plenty of Rabbi's that agree with me,
It's your choice whatyou do with this message,
Don't get it confused; I view this from a truly human perspective,
How many more resolutions have to be violated,
How many more children have to be annihilated
Israel is a terror state, there terrorists that terrorise,
I testify, my television televised them telling lies,
This is not a war, it issystematic genocide,
But whatever they try, Palestine will never die!

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 10:13 AM
Cyber cake! Cool! Happy Birthday!drinker

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 10:09 AM

I keep asking myself this question again and again!!when will this beautiful world ever have peace?every morning i wake up to hear of people dieing in syria iraq somalia afganistan libya someone should tell me when this politicians will think of fighting hiv aids,hunger,poverty and stop killing inocent women and children. Help me pray for peace in the general election in my beloved country GHANA on the 7th december 2012...i choose peace not war.

drinker

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 10:07 AM
rofl

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 07:11 AM

Here is a photo shoot the Budweiser Ferret did for Playgirl...

The Ferret is such a ladies man, er. Ferret.

Celebrities sell out in all sorts of ways...

SAD BUT TRUE

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 06:58 AM
Alexandru Marinescu ) (January 15, 1913 - November 25, 1963) was a Soviet naval officer and, during World War II , the captain of the S-13 submarine , which sank the German ship Wilhelm Gustloff , with recent research showing that over 9,000 died when the ship sank.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Marinesko

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 06:57 AM
Edited by smart2009 on Sat 12/01/12 06:59 AM
Fleeing from a brutal Soviet Red Army onslaught, the Wilhelm Gustloff is ready to leave port jammed with over10,000 German refugees, naval personnel and wounded soldiers. The vesselis designed to hold a maximum of 1,880 passengers and crew. Of the refugees, a staggering four thousand are infants, children and youths on their way to promising safety in the West. Minus 18° Celsius (0° Fahrenheit) weather grips the Oxhöft Pier in Gotenhafen (Gdynia) on Tuesday the 30 th day of January 1945.
For the first time in four years, the former flagship of Nazi pleasure cruising has started its engines. It's setting course for Kiel on mainland Germany - far away from the continued disintegration of the EasternFront . Icebreakers busily work to carve a path throughthe Bay of Danzig to allow passage to the unforg iving winter waters of the Baltic Sea .
This is the last known photo of the
Gustloff, taken as it left port around
12:30PM on January 30, 1945.
source: Gustloff Archiv - used with permission
On the bridge, disagreement and tension is budding. Two main senior officers command the ship. Both Friedrich Petersen, captain of the Gustloff and Lieutenant Commander Wilhelm Zahn, head of the U-boat division which has made its home on the ship for the last 4 years, cannot agree on an appropriate course. Adding to the complexity, two young captains from the merchant marine (Köhler and Weller) also add opinions from their places on the bridge.
Full:
http://www.wilhelmgustloff.com/sinking.htm
Wilhelm Gustloff German Hospital Ship Sunk.
https://sites.google.com/a/mercantilemarine.org/mercantile-marine/War-time-Stories/german

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 06:26 AM
The US has criticised Israel's decision to authorise the construction of 3,000 more housingunits in occupied East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said that "these activities set back the cause of a negotiated peace".
The White House had earlier described the proposal as"counter-productive".

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 03:59 AM

Bet they were trying to figure the best way to cook that fungus.
laugh

smart2009's photo
Sat 12/01/12 03:31 AM

IT was amid the St Patrick's Day celebrations of 1990 that two thieves made off with around $300 million worth of art - the most valuable art heist in history.
The Storm on the Seaof Galilee by Rembrandt was one of more than a dozenworks stolen by the mystery art burglars during the 1990 heistin Boston. Picture: SUPPLIED
AP
Wearing long coats and flashing badges, the two men arrived at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston, Massachusetts at 1.24am.
They told the guard on duty they were responding to a call, and he let them in through the museum’s security door.
The thieves were able to convince the guard to leave his post - and the museum’s only alarmbutton - by telling him he was wanted for arrest.
He was instructed to call over the only other guard on duty, and both were promptly handcuffed to pipes in the museum’s basement.
The two guards werecarefully positioned some distance from each other, and each was secured with duct tape around their heads, hands and feet.
The thieves then took their time, spending around 80 minutes scouring the galleries and their vast collection of antiquities and art.
Three pieces by Rembrandt were removed from the Dutch Room on the second floor of the museum, along with Vermeer’s priceless The Concert , one of only 36 known worksby the Dutch master.
Reputed mobster linked to art heist
The Concert is considered the most valuable of the piecestaken. It was the firstmajor work bought by museum founder Isabella Stewart Gardner, who had opened her collectionof treasures to the public in 1903.
Rembrandt’s painting The Storm of the Sea of Galilee was cut from its frame. A tiny etched Rembrandt self-portrait and another oil, A Lady and A Gentleman in Black , were also grabbed.
Govaert Flinck’s Landscape with an Obelisk , which had been thought a Rembrandt for decades until formally identified asthe work of his pupil,was also taken from the Dutch Room, along with an ancient bronze Chinese vase dating from around 1200 BC.
Manet’s Chez Tortoni was stolen from another of the galleries.
This undated file photo released by the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum shows the painting, Chez Tortoni, by Manet, one of more than a dozen works stolen during the 1990 heist. Picture:
Five drawings by Edgar Degas were removed from their place atop a wooden cabinet in the museum’s short gallery, where a gilt bronze eagle that once sat atop a Napoleonic flag was also taken after perhaps being mistaken for gold.
Priceless works by famed artists such as Michelangelo, Raphael and Titian were left behind by the thieves.
But the security footage that captured their spree was not, leaving investigators to only speculate as to why certain pieces were grabbed and in what order - if any.
Wherfore art thou Mona Lisa ?
Hopes that a clue would be found in the parting words of the ransackers - “tell them they’ll be hearing from us” - faded as the days passed without contact from the thieves.
Early leads led the FBIto explore links to the IRA, South American drug cartelsand local mobsters.
Some of the several thousand tips and alleged sightings of the missing works led to fruitless hunts across the globe, from Italy to Japan.
The museum hired itsown private investigators, but they also came up empty-handed.
A plaque marks the empty frame from which thieves cut Rembrandt's The storm on the Sea of Galilee during the 1990 heist. It remainson display at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston. Picture: AP
Known art thieves and their associates were pursued and questioned, includingcareer criminal William Youngworth.
Youngworth had dealings with the FBI and the museum in 1997 in which he reportedly offered to lead them to the missing property. He was hoping for a dealthat would see some outstanding criminal charges dropped.
A newspaper reporter was shown a painting purporting to be Storm On The Sea Of Galilee in a darkened factory in 1997, and later sent photographs and paint chips as “evidence” he knew where they were.
But the museum refused to deal with him after declaring the photographs were not genuine, and the paint chips tested were found to be the right vintage, but not likely to havecome from a Rembrandt.
His associate, notorious art thief Myles Connor, would later pen the memoir The Art of the Heist: Confessions of a Master Art Thief, Rock-and-roller, and Prodigal Son .
He has long been considered a likely mastermind of the heist, despite having been behind bars at the time.
US Police search the yard of Robert Gentile using ground-penetrating radars in May this year in a bid to find the paintings stolen. Picture: Jessica Hill Source: AP
But the investigation largely stalled until last year, when the FBI again examined possible ties to the mob.
Criminal Robert Gentile, 76, was quizzed for months over his knowledge of the heist.
The widow of a mafia identity that authorities say had connections to all their major suspects in the heist had allegedly passed on astolen work to Gentile.
But he recently gave evidence before a Grand Jury that he did not know who stole the artworks from the museum, or where they were.
The museum - which was not insured - hasa $5 million reward on offer for the works.
And for the past 22 years the Rembrandt frames in the Dutch room have remained empty, in the hope that one day the paintings will be returned.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/two-thieves-still-on-the-run-22-yeras-after-stealing-300-million-worth-of-art-from-isabella-stewart-gardner-museum/story-fnat7dag-1226522265886
Most likely hanging in the Private Gallery of someone.

Agreed.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25