Community > Posts By > jasonpff

jasonpff's photo
Sat 02/07/09 09:12 PM
near death experiances? iv had a million.

jasonpff's photo
Sat 02/07/09 08:50 PM

Country music has gone through a change. That is a fact. But, it is adjusting to the "new" crowd and what is popular now a days. The old music is being challenged, and like always, its always up to the fans what is "popular" and what is not. I do miss the harmonies of like the Statler Brothers and Oakridge Boys. Then again, I am not "mainstream".ohwell

i guess. nowadays, you put on a cowboy hat and poof! your a cowboy. bs. id like to get kenny chesny on a horse and take him out on the rounds for a day.

jasonpff's photo
Sat 02/07/09 08:19 PM
as long as ian tyson is still alive than im good, but its a shame we have to rely on canadian cowboy singers
don edwards michal martin marty robbins whered you go!

jasonpff's photo
Sat 02/07/09 08:03 PM
k i got a good one. does anyone else think country music is getting....fruity? its all about college parties or fast cars now. i think modern day country singers kinda forgot the "country" part when they signed on. i mean rascle flats..comeon! boyband!

jasonpff's photo
Sat 02/07/09 07:52 PM
well call me a protectionalist but we need to make our own ****. can i get an amen!!!

jasonpff's photo
Sat 02/07/09 07:34 PM
Edited by jasonpff on Sat 02/07/09 07:34 PM
disecting the intestinal system of one dead calv after another to determin an out break of coccityoses is a pretty grusom undertaking. have to use an ake an a sawzall..

that beats anything youv got!drinker

jasonpff's photo
Sat 02/07/09 07:20 PM
Edited by jasonpff on Sat 02/07/09 07:22 PM

I am sure there are differences....

down south...we are friendly and accomodating...unless we don't like you and then you just get thrown into a cactus patch.

(Not sure how the northern country boys do it)

Here...I like to watch the chapparrel hunt lizards and snakes. The Mexican scissor-tailed swallows are like ballerinas in the skies. The Bull-bat thrushes are cool as hell to watch fly in and out of the light...and you better damned well watch your step around fresh water...between the rattle snakes, copperheads, cotton mouths and water moccassins...you got good reason to be cautious...on the upside...the bull snakes speciealize in eating the poisonous snakes...(So don't kill them...they look just like the diamond backs..but, no rattles)

Other than that....it is a b*tch to actually lasso a long horn...though lassoing my drunk friends is no big trick.) end quote

o im sure its togh in the sunny south west, but until you fall in a frozen river, or have your horse get frosbit in her lungs cause she was haulin your fat a** after a couple thousand stampeading angus when its 40 bellow(60 bellow with windchill) or get traped under a bog with your pony on top of you for a couple hours..than again i was born in AZ and its tough there to i guess. cudos to SW folks nothin but respect.

and here in montana were friendly but alot more quiet. we dont need a 10 minut greeting, a simple nod will do.

jasonpff's photo
Sat 02/07/09 07:09 PM
mmmmm gues no one cares about the diff breeds of stockman. im here to tell ya it aint as easy and laid back as they say. speacialy when your gatherin cows or ridens for sick calvs in 40 bellow temps. we just dont get enough credit..

jasonpff's photo
Sat 02/07/09 07:02 PM
Edited by jasonpff on Sat 02/07/09 07:03 PM
QUOTE:

amen shady, and krupa...montana not texsas. dont get the two confused (: texas has her texan cowboy, montana has her northern range cowboy

QUOTE:

Wasn't aware there was a difference...but, now that you mentioned it...i'm sure there is..

QUOTE:

yes ma am absolutly, texans or any south western cowboys are generly better ropers becuse in the thinck brush cactus they dont rely have alot of time to screw around, where as in the northern plains(mt, id, sd, nd..) we have lots more room and wide open space. but we also have alot more ground to cover and the tererain is rougher and weather more deadly so northern plains cowboys are generly more efficent horseman you see. (and say thatings like'you see' and 'eh'

jasonpff's photo
Sat 02/07/09 06:57 PM

amen shady, and krupa...montana not texsas. dont get the two confused (: texas has her texan cowboy, montana has her northern range cowboy

Wasn't aware there was a difference...but, now that you mentioned it...i'm sure there is..
:smile:

yes ma am absolutly, texans or any south western cowboys are generly better ropers becuse in the thinck brush cactus they dont rely have alot of time to screw around, where as in the northern plains(mt, id, sd, nd..) we have lots more room and wide open space. but we also have alot more ground to cover and the tererain is rougher and weather more deadly so northern plains cowboys are generly more efficent horseman you see. (and say thatings like'you see' and 'eh'

jasonpff's photo
Fri 02/06/09 08:26 PM

jasonpff's photo
Fri 02/06/09 06:28 PM
Edited by jasonpff on Fri 02/06/09 06:30 PM
call me narow minded but dam, its a pride thing.
i would gladly pay more for a reliable piece, and we did. i just feel let down, john deeres an american i con ya know.
and theres absolutly nothing better than the good ole american quarter horse! ( :

jasonpff's photo
Fri 02/06/09 06:21 PM
you can be confident and humble, not so much if your arrogent. i know im good, even very good at what i do, but i dont get defensive or mad if someone outdoes me.. you see

jasonpff's photo
Fri 02/06/09 06:18 PM
they dont make stuff like they used to hugh? we had to replace a radiator last week on a john deer 7530 that pulls a feeder.(for the record im a cowboy not an h.m. operator) used to be able to get em welded if its justa hole, now there using an aluminum core insted of copper! cant weld it have to pay $1100 for a new one. and aperantly radiators are goin out on the new 7530 all over the place. and guess what..MADE IN CHINA!!!
come on john deere!!!
good thing they dont bulid horses in china

jasonpff's photo
Thu 02/05/09 09:32 PM
i fell in a frozen creek the otherday, er lady did i was on her. you dont pay attention for a minut and...

jasonpff's photo
Thu 02/05/09 09:28 PM
i grew up on a farm, cowboy...lol...are you old enough to buy me a drink???

hey now(:
guess it depends where you go hugh? i live in montana, if i get dusty and wear my chinks i look older (:
raching? yes, rodeo..nope
to busy cowboying to play cowboy for 8 secs

jasonpff's photo
Thu 02/05/09 08:34 PM
relationship advice..i dont think i need any of that, im to young to care i guess. but i would be very gratful if someone messaged me(wouldnt break my heart if it was a young gal who new anything about the new 7'8ths polypro catus makes or how to swing a big wide loop with a 60ft rope off a slickhorn... theres just somethin about girls and silver i cant get enough of.
probably not tho... what about coccityosis in bovine? the best brand of tetricyclin to use?
i will buy you a drink if you know what im talkin about

jasonpff's photo
Tue 02/03/09 09:47 PM
are there any honest poeple left in this country? does any one else ever feel like our generations(the last couple i guess) are spoiled rotten, that we give up to easy, cant keep promises, make excuses for breaking them, get mad when we dont get our way....
i think a man(or a woman) is only as good as his word, and i try to live by that philosophy as best i can, but letme tell ya, i feel ( uh oh, i used the f word) kinda hopeless sometimes.
where did we go wrong? is it the way we are raised that decideds how we live the rest of our lives? my father was a drunk and shot my mom wwhen i was 15, i was homless till i was 16, than sent to an 'youth program' unil my 18th b day. the director of that program got caught tryin to smuggle 3million $ worth of cocain from mexico. my point, i grew up exposed to very bad things, im 20 now and i make it a point not to lie, cheat or hurt anyone. (i dont let any one walk on me of course) now im cowboying, livin my dream, workin of a horse for **** pay till the seasons up, than packin up and goin somewhere else.
if there is an honest soul out there, please let me know what you think. where did we go wrong? what happened to chivery and livin by a code.