Community > Posts By > Amelinng

Amelinng's photo
Sun 04/05/15 04:54 AM
Edited by Amelinng on Sun 04/05/15 04:57 AM
Gosh.....Pansy, you put me to shame with your better command of Chinese!!!

I have always been known as the Western Chinese here as I speak more English than Chinese, I can just manage simple phrases of Chinese... though I can rattle on and on and have a decent conversation in Mandarin. And I can never recite any idioms in Mandarin....... I'm lost there too!

Amelinng's photo
Sun 04/05/15 04:46 AM

My experiences are different... First thing that comes to mind are Chinese taxi-drivers,,, in Darwin and Singapore..
Going from quiet to raving and ranting within a split second, just because they're not happy with traffic.
Scared the chit out of me, sitting in the back of the taxi, having a nice conversation with friends and (in Singapore) with my mom.
Very intimidating and rude.. My friends in Darwin just laughed,
apparently they were used to it, I wasn't.

Shopping for a camera lens in Singapore, needing a guestimate of the
average price, so I asked for the price in a shop. When I was about to leave, as the woman was very unfriendly,
she started to rant and rave in Chinese. I was shocked. She even followed me out the shop??
Couldn't friggin believe it! I was used to haggling, as I lived in
Indonesia at the time, but never been treated like that, not even when I decided to take my business elsewhere. Very rude, very unpleasant.

I didn't feel comfortable in Singapore. People were too erm... not sure about the right word, but very unfriendly and simply rude sums it up.

Maybe China is different, dunno...

Sorry that you had to face the rude and nasty ones, Crystal! flowerforyou
There are always this kind of people who will give everyone a bad impression and paint a bad picture of a particular race, be it Chinese, Indian, blacks or whites!

Amelinng's photo
Sun 04/05/15 04:37 AM
Edited by Amelinng on Sun 04/05/15 04:39 AM
Next....... the acupuncture needles therapy!!!
Besides being well known the world over for its herbal medicine, acupuncture treatment is used for every conceivable kind of treatment, even in place of anesthesia!

Scared of needles? Imagine having 2,100 in the head... a world record!

Amelinng's photo
Sun 04/05/15 04:06 AM

I work at a ocean front resort and the Chinese tourists are just fantastic. They are so patient and grateful when you help them or talk to them its so refreshing to deal with them.

That's because you are so patient with them too, Jack!flowerforyou

Amelinng's photo
Sun 04/05/15 04:02 AM

I work with people from all over the world. But the Chinese are by far some of the nicest, smartest and hardest people I have ever worked with.

Their culture, (while I have been doing business in China for over 15 )I am still learning. It is fascinating. Including their medicine and how they care for their bodies without the need for western type drugs or vitamins. And the ability to create art out of most anything.

Their small villages are beautiful in their simplicity and life style. The cities are huge and while crowded, everyone co exists. There is no road rage there.. if there is, I have never seen it

But it is not necessarily their work ethic, demeanor or environment that impress me the most, it is their family values.

In my opinion, most of the western world (including the U.S.) could learn a lot from how the Chinese care for their elderly.

Incredible people

Thank you thank you..... you are so generous with your praise for the Chinese, Devildog! flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

I know there are also the bad apples out there, and some habits of the Chinese can be annoying, but I'm glad the good traits overshadowed the bad ones.

Amelinng's photo
Sun 04/05/15 03:59 AM

The Great Wall of China, which I have personally seen.

When were you there..... did you make the climb up?
I went there in 2006 and climbed all the way to the 6th tier with 2 male friends while the rest of the group took the mono rail. I should have gone all the way to the top, but the rest of the group didn't want to, so I did not manage to. Certain stretches were so steep you had to hold onto the railings to climb up.

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 10:57 PM

whoa maybe ..just maybe...some people want to be liked from the inside.out..
Instead of for their looks....to see if others are genuine, as well:wink:

Can understand that.
Got nothing against scenic sunsets and masquerades.
In fact, this new picture is probably the real me.

Was wondering what happened to the Rule:
You must be in the photo you upload.

I guess they recognized the monkey in you!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know what you mean, I had one that was uploaded just recently deleted for not being in the photo.

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 10:29 PM

I get what you mean by drawing a line if you
can avoid it, but as I mentioned, if she had
been clean/sober for sometime, and you only
found out when you were already in
deep......so, what would you do?
We're talking about two different things....I'd do my very best to find out history before I was "in too deep".

Fair enough! Maybe, design a form to be filled in before going on a date! laugh Or hope you never have to contend with 'love at first sight'! flowerforyou OK Ok.....sorry for this! I just feel it is a 'never say never' situation in case it comes back and bite you.
And bite me? Im 49....Ive lived a full life...had ups and downs and disappointments. If I get "bit", Ill manage....once again.
Btw....I didnt mean that to sound as bitchy as it might seem....I just have my own opinion. I respect your own :-)

Sure thing, Rebel! And I don't mean to be mean either. Just my take on things!flowerforyou

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 10:10 PM

I get what you mean by drawing a line if you
can avoid it, but as I mentioned, if she had
been clean/sober for sometime, and you only
found out when you were already in
deep......so, what would you do?
We're talking about two different things....I'd do my very best to find out history before I was "in too deep".

Fair enough! Maybe, design a form to be filled in before going on a date! laugh Or hope you never have to contend with 'love at first sight'! flowerforyou OK Ok.....sorry for this! I just feel it is a 'never say never' situation in case it comes back and bite you.

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 10:01 PM

For example, some one who likes to eat too
much sweets and has diabetes, but refuses to
stop eating so much sweets is at a higher risk
of further health issues, so getting into a
relationship with them, you would have to
take into consideration whether or not you're
willing to be involved in that or not.
Except that diabetics dont go on a binge and steal all your stuff or eff up your life.

I get the whole "always an alcoholic and addict" thing....and wish those people the best. But, at 49, I honestly dont wanna have to deal with it.

In the case of the example, there's no difference, as if you were to get involved with one who doesn't take care of their health, they can "eff" up your life just as bad as any addict.

Very very true of those who have health issues and have no self control too! A diabetic who doesn't watch their diet, do go on a binge and causes a lot more $$$$$ in health treatment than those who steal your stuff! In such instances, they wouldn't be stealing, but you would be emptying your pockets to cope with the hospital bills.

A relative had to go for dialysis 3 times a week... a day before her dialysis, she would eat the foods that the dietician prohibited.... her reasoning 'tomorrow dialysis, so no harm'. She died at the dialysis machine of complications!

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 09:54 PM

Except that diabetics dont go on a binge and steal all your stuff or eff up your life.

I get the whole "always and alcoholic and addict" thing....and wish those people the best. But, at 49, I honestly dont wanna have to deal with it.

Until you meet someone you have fallen in love with, and then find she was once an ex alcoholic or addict, at that stage, would you dump her or continue to stand by her side? After all, if she has managed to stay sober/clean for 5 years, wouldn't you want to encourage her on?

Depends honestly....does she keep bringing up that shes an ex addict and has to do certain things....i.e. meetings, getting with a sponsor to talk stuff out, etc...just to get by? If so, good for her....its just not a life I want....sharing a life with someone using those parameters.
Its great for them....if thats what it takes to keep them clean. Ill be a supportive friend. I just dont want that as a part of a romantic relationship. Maybe not a popular of an idea to some, its just a line I draw.

I get what you mean by drawing a line if you can avoid it, but as I mentioned, if she had been clean/sober for sometime, and you only found out when you were already in deep......so, what would you do?

When I was 18 or 19, my then BF's sister called me to tell me that her brother is an addict, which explained the many 'cold turkey' episodes when he was trying to kick it but which I did not know about..... being young, I ran! I was too young to cope with that and never having drunk or used drugs, that thought really scared me. But I have regretted that coward action of mine, and I wish to think I would have acted differently if I was older and wiser!

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 09:36 PM

I get the whole "always and alcoholic and addict" thing....and wish those people the best. But, at 49, I honestly dont wanna have to deal with it.

Until you meet someone you have fallen in love with, and then find she was once an ex alcoholic or addict, at that stage, would you dump her or continue to stand by her side? After all, if she has managed to stay sober/clean for 5 years, wouldn't you want to encourage her on?

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 09:32 PM

Enter the Dragon. Ahhhh yeaaaahhhhhh!!!

Yeah..... definitely! He is the legend of kungfu!

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 09:31 PM

The most beautiful sexual experience I've ever had was with a Chinese woman. I'm looking for that again.
Truly Awesome

Keep looking...... good luck in that! We are awesome...hehehe!laugh

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 09:30 PM

Bruce Lee, the coolest and most awesome ever!!!

And in recent times.... Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Sammo Hung!

Zhang ZiYi and Michelle Yeoh (she is a Malaysian)

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 09:24 PM

so on and so forth...laugh laugh :wink:

Happy New Year ... and love the symbols...

Hehehe......mystical, the Chinese New Year is now 2 1/2 months old!
Great that you love the symbols.... I can actually read some simple words cos' the chinese characters are so numerous! And to confuse the already confused, changed over the years to simplified versions.

I have started a thread 'Everything Chinese'.... do post there! Thanks

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 09:20 PM
Since starting the Chinese New Year thread, I actually found there are a lot more things that I want to share about all things Chinese, and also that some people are also curious about us Chinese. So, shoot!

This is something Chinese known the world over.........shaolin kung fu!

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 09:07 PM

What do you write to Dogs n Flowers...

Nothing.....when I was still searching I never, ever wasted my time writing to a fake or substitute pic.....and those profiles rarely contained any meaningful writings to get my interest either...

Aw....come on, Mikey! You are not writing to me just because I changed into a flower???sad sad sad

Like Ana said... I changed cos' I was tired of receiving 'Hello dear' and 'I like your smile' and so on so forth!
hahahaha...I always write to my friends....:wink: waving

Phew....that's a relief!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 09:04 PM
I have a friend from here who has been clean and sober for 20 over years..... and I think it took him a lot of will power & self control. I admire that of him and yes.... I would date an ex-addict or ex-alcoholic if they have proven themselves over a certain period of time.

After all I was once a heavy smoker, drinker and party goer too..... I overcame that, and if I can, others can too and deserve a second or even third chance.

If they were your own brother/sister/relatives or close friends, don't you think you would wish others would give them a chance too?

Amelinng's photo
Sat 04/04/15 08:54 PM

What do you write to Dogs n Flowers...

Nothing.....when I was still searching I never, ever wasted my time writing to a fake or substitute pic.....and those profiles rarely contained any meaningful writings to get my interest either...

Aw....come on, Mikey! You are not writing to me just because I changed into a flower???sad sad sad

Like Ana said... I changed cos' I was tired of receiving 'Hello dear' and 'I like your smile' and so on so forth!