skittlez2hardcore's photo
Wed 10/15/08 11:22 PM

ive been in recovery for 7 yrs, and have worked my steps 3 times and am on my 4th time thru them. i attend 4-5 meetings a week, and have an awesome program of recovery!

I have never heard of somebody going through the steps so quickly. I think it's great that you are attending so many meetings.

thats because i work my program thru AA now, and they believe in getting thru the steps with no procrastination. if u read the big book of alcoholics anonymous it clearly states not to waste time procrastinating, and to just do them in a timely manner. my sponsor has 26 yrs of sobriety, so i am in good hands and she wants me to go thru them quickly so i can get better and better without wasting time.

Wed 10/15/08 11:18 PM

ive been in recovery for 7 yrs, and have worked my steps 3 times and am on my 4th time thru them. i attend 4-5 meetings a week, and have an awesome program of recovery!
thats why you have relapsed 2 times that you have posted about in the last 3 months?

just because u relapse doesnt mean u loose the recovery u gained. the old timers of the program consider me an old timer even tho i dont have the clean time to back it up. its not how much time u have, its the quality of recovery u have in your life and whether or not u apply spiritual principals in your life!

Wed 10/15/08 11:15 PM

is this guy Jef? cuz you said before he has 2boys..
i only ask because you said before that HE was the love of your life.. you were engaged to HIM, and that HE was the one that got you clean in august...

my HONEST advice.. dont worry about the guy. worry about you...

get some help.. and realize that if you are sober its because of YOU.. if you are not.. once again its because of YOU..
it wasnt these guys that cleaned you up.. but you seem to have to identify with them to be able to clean up...

but you wont listen to my advice any way.. because its not what you want to hear..

best of luck to you and yours.

no, i left jef because hes a workaholic and called me at the most once a week, and that didnt work for me. yes he was the love of my life, i was with him off and on for 3 yrs. he just couldnt fulfill my needs so we parted ways. we are still very good friends, and he is friends wit my current bf as well!

Wed 10/15/08 11:12 PM

Wed 10/15/08 11:03 PM

you kno what, for the record, my man is a wonderful man, and he just made a mistake, he is learning from it, and is still in the process of learning how to make it in the outside world. he is early in his recovery and at this point it is baby steps. its about progress, not perfection. but his intentions are always good, and we cant hold the past against him if today hes trying to better himself and wants to work towards having a positive and good life for him and myself. no one on here can judge him if they dont even kno anything about him considering they have never met him. im not one to wait for anybody that gets locked up while i am with them, but he has made such an impact on me and i see how amazing he is, so im making an exception and waiting for him this one time. everybody deserves a chance to better themselves and who would i be to give up on him? i was with him the night he was in violation, and i kno for a fact he didnt do anything wrong and was only trying to help a sick friend. whats so wrong with that?

You know all of this in one month?!

yes i do because ive seen him walk his talk. im frankly sick of the negative responses im getting when him and have good plans for the future, i am very involved with his NA sponsor, and im in his whole circle of friends. so not only have i gotten to kno him thru him but ive gotten to kno him thru his friends that have known him for years!

Wed 10/15/08 10:54 PM
you kno what, for the record, my man is a wonderful man, and he just made a mistake, he is learning from it, and is still in the process of learning how to make it in the outside world. he is early in his recovery and at this point it is baby steps. its about progress, not perfection. but his intentions are always good, and we cant hold the past against him if today hes trying to better himself and wants to work towards having a positive and good life for him and myself. no one on here can judge him if they dont even kno anything about him considering they have never met him. im not one to wait for anybody that gets locked up while i am with them, but he has made such an impact on me and i see how amazing he is, so im making an exception and waiting for him this one time. everybody deserves a chance to better themselves and who would i be to give up on him? i was with him the night he was in violation, and i kno for a fact he didnt do anything wrong and was only trying to help a sick friend. whats so wrong with that?

Wed 10/15/08 10:39 PM

He has to be really careful with his history of violating, the parole board looks really closely at that stuff, his ability to follow the rules, etc. I worked in the prison system for 17 years and worked around the parole board at that time. They are real sticklers for rules and the inmates following the rules. He needs to start obeying his rules and show he can do what he is supposed to or he could end up in big trouble with some major time to do in prison. Part of his recovery is taking responsibility for his actions. He NEEDS to get serious and take responsibility and do what he is supposed to and stop violating the rules or they will come down on him and hard.

if you viloate parole cause you got caught with a controlled substance...

what happens??

do you go back and finsh the entire ORIGIANL sentence with no early release???

Every state is different, but that is a very real possibility. Some states don't even have parole boards anymore, we don't, have different sentencing that is controlled by the courts, not the board. But I would say likely, yes, to answer your question, but I am not an expert, again, depends on your state and the laws there.

i think parole violation should be taken very seriously

repeat offenders need prosecution.

i can so see my daughter in heels and a nice business suite prosecuting tem

(my dream...probably not hers)

Even for a drug offense?

he wasnt violated for a drug offense, and even if he was, the solution isnt jail or prison, its rehab or drug counciling. sending ppl to jail doesnt teach them anything about how to stay clean. all they learn in jail is how to become better criminals!

Wed 10/15/08 10:36 PM

He has to be really careful with his history of violating, the parole board looks really closely at that stuff, his ability to follow the rules, etc. I worked in the prison system for 17 years and worked around the parole board at that time. They are real sticklers for rules and the inmates following the rules. He needs to start obeying his rules and show he can do what he is supposed to or he could end up in big trouble with some major time to do in prison. Part of his recovery is taking responsibility for his actions. He NEEDS to get serious and take responsibility and do what he is supposed to and stop violating the rules or they will come down on him and hard.

if you viloate parole cause you got caught with a controlled substance...

what happens??

do you go back and finsh the entire ORIGIANL sentence with no early release???

Every state is different, but that is a very real possibility. Some states don't even have parole boards anymore, we don't, have different sentencing that is controlled by the courts, not the board. But I would say likely, yes, to answer your question, but I am not an expert, again, depends on your state and the laws there.

i think parole violation should be taken very seriously

repeat offenders need prosecution.

i can so see my daughter in heels and a nice business suite prosecuting tem

(my dream...probably not hers)

he violated a condition he was never supposed to have. his parole officer ****ed up. yes he violated, but he did it for the good to help a good friend that needed to get out of the drug scene! thats what recovering addicts do, they help each other when theres somebody that needs it. i understand he could have called somebody else to send after his friend, but he wasnt thinking like that at the time. he realizes that now, and this is not going to happen again!

Wed 10/15/08 10:30 PM

I don't know if his parole officer is cooperative, but if he is and your boyfriend can come up with proof of what he was doing, the parole officer may be able to help him out and get him a reduced charge or even let him out of the charge. I don't know how your state is, but with the prison overcrowding and all, they may not bother with the more petty offenses, unless he has a history of violating his parole, then they will want to make an example of him to get his attention. I hope it works out for the two of you.

well he does have a history of violating, but his lawyer found out he was never supposed to have an ankle monitor or a parole curfew, so he has been told he should get out after going before the parole board!

Your pic - his history? Y'all must already have a child.; . . so who's gonna raise it lovingly?

no children involved. just him and i, thats it!

Wed 10/15/08 10:24 PM

I don't know if his parole officer is cooperative, but if he is and your boyfriend can come up with proof of what he was doing, the parole officer may be able to help him out and get him a reduced charge or even let him out of the charge. I don't know how your state is, but with the prison overcrowding and all, they may not bother with the more petty offenses, unless he has a history of violating his parole, then they will want to make an example of him to get his attention. I hope it works out for the two of you.

well he does have a history of violating, but his lawyer found out he was never supposed to have an ankle monitor or a parole curfew, so he has been told he should get out after going before the parole board!

How long have you been with him?

about a month, but it was love at first site, and he promises hes done violating and is ready to stay legit, and i trust him. he basically saved my life. i was on a relapse and had gotten jacked for alot of money and he saved me from going and picking up a gun and got me away from my drug using stomping grounds and got me off the streets and hes the reason i am clean today. hes now realizing that he cant save everybody tho. as hard as that is for him to swallow. and he knows that if he gets locked up again im not going to wait for him again. this is his one and only chance!

Wed 10/15/08 10:13 PM

Wed 10/15/08 10:02 PM

What is he on parole for?

just a bunch of petty crimes he committed in his active addiction. you kno how we all do stupid **** when we are loaded!

Wed 10/15/08 09:55 PM

if I love someone theres nothing I won't do for that personlove love love love love

i absolutely agree! my man may potentially go back to prison, but even if he does i am willing to wait as long as i need to because i know he is totally worth it!

Wed 10/15/08 09:45 PM
would you wait for him or her? im in a relationship where my man is locked up, but he shouldnt be in for long, and i am choosing to wait for him because i know we have true love and he only got locked up for breaking his parole curfew for helping a friend that was on a drug relapse. we are recovering addicts so we try to help any addict that is still suffering.
-jamie

Sun 08/24/08 04:12 PM
my man got my attention when i was stranded at a gas station with nowhere to go, just coming off drugs, and had lost everything and everybody. he came and got me, took care of me while i detoxed, and got me back on track. im now doing better than i ever have before! he got me eating healthy for the first time in my life, i lost 45 pounds this way, and im even going to church again! he truly saved my life! i honestly believe if he hadnt done all this for me id be dead, cuz if he hadnt gotten me that night i probably would have gotten more drugs to kill the pain of loosing everything and everybody! im now in my familys life again, and am slowly gaining everything back! but most importantly, i now have a new family, jef and his two beautiful boys! but it did take him 3 yrs for me to realize he wasnt like the rest of the pigs out there and that he does truely love me! it takes time, thats all i can say!

Sun 08/24/08 12:20 PM

my diagnonsenses are bipolar, borderline personality disorder, attention deficate hyper active disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, and hypnotic halucinations! whats yours?

WOW you're all screwed up! surprised

i would only be screwed up if i hadnt made peace with myself and learned to live with my issues. i spent my lifetime in mental health, and they have taught me sooo much about myself and how to live a happy and wonderful life inspite of my issues, any issue can be over-come, and i feel i have reached that point.

Sun 08/24/08 12:06 PM
oh and after reading what she wrote last night, i got so pissed that when i tried to go to sleep last night my hypnotic halucinations kicked right in, and worse than ever, and that does not make me a very happy girl, lily your lucky i have xanax!

Sun 08/24/08 11:54 AM

It also depends greatly on what doctor you go to. Go to three different psychiatrists and they will all have a different opinion on what you have and on how these conditions occur and should be treated. I just think it's a stretch to say she is lying.

I can understand that, but I've been around this site long enough to have seen her shinanigans before...I don't doubt she has problems, but why on earth would you post on a dating site that you have pretty much all of the major mental health issues that prove to be detrimental to ALL relationships?

because im not on here looking for a man, i have a wonderful man that understands my issues, and works with me on them! it was posted because first off, im not ashamed of who and what i am! second off, it was posted to meet ppl that have mental health issues as well,`because i have a lifetime of experience with these issues, and i can and will use my experience to benifet and help other ppl! now lily, what i did in the forums before is WAY in the past, and u need to learn to let it go! u came in here cuz u have ausmisity towards me, and u cant seem to get over yourself and let it go! ppl have bad days and i was having a bad day! now leave me alone!

Sun 08/24/08 02:41 AM
ill make ur fantasies come true!:heart: :tongue:

Sun 08/24/08 12:27 AM

my diagnonsenses are bipolar, borderline personality disorder, attention deficate hyper active disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, and hypnotic halucinations! whats yours?

Uhm ya, you can't have all of those since most of those have the same symptoms.... so I'm pretty sure you made that up. WHY I have NO idea...

now this is when i get offended! when somebody tries to label me a liar! when this person is not a councilor or anything like that, just a HATER!

Previous 1 3 4