Community > Posts By > PhasmatisDiligo

PhasmatisDiligo's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:54 PM
Yep no one is perfect... so explaian away my faults!! well don't shatter my ego or anything... but lets get some constructive criticism... yes yes? oui oui? tres bien'!!

Be gentle though... i'm fragile!!

HA!! not really. I like a little sass. so hit me with your best comliment or criticism.

or not... >.>

PhasmatisDiligo's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:50 PM
wonderful pics. Beautiful lady. can't say i like the bike. i'm more of a cruiser kind of guy. but overall i'd say yer pushin 10. then again perhaps i am biased towards a pretty face. so sue me i'm a guy... I am inclined to agree that it could use a bit more writing, yet the pretty face offsets the lack of words. lol

It's all about fun, friends, and loving life!! that's what i saw from your profile and i agree!! kudos to you!! If I could e-mail a cookie i'd give ya one!! hel* yeah!! :D

PhasmatisDiligo's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:44 PM
Joe satriani
Steve Vai
Metallica
Disturbed
Pearl Jam
The Who
Avenged Sevenfold
Shindown
Flogging Molly
Framing Hanley
plus many more...

PhasmatisDiligo's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:41 PM
"Watching you" by Rodney Atkins.

Reminds me of my dad. :) chokes me up and makes me home sick. no tears though, but that'd be the closest.

PhasmatisDiligo's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:29 PM
dirt! it's universal!!

PhasmatisDiligo's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:27 PM
expensive

PhasmatisDiligo's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:25 PM
multifaceted

I love that word :D

PhasmatisDiligo's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:22 PM
oops

PhasmatisDiligo's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:17 PM
Edited by PhasmatisDiligo on Wed 01/07/09 10:17 PM
absolutely not... have you seen my lighter?
(i think the gremlins stole it again. :P)

PhasmatisDiligo's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:14 PM
shedding

PhasmatisDiligo's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:11 PM
This is my original work and possibly may find it's way into a book of my own poetry. This is a rare piece for me in the sense that i rarely write anything whith much rhythm or rhyme scemes. I always highly value imput in any form and still am uncertain whether or not i should attempt to publish my own book as of yet. I have never felt my poetry is worth much more than the ink and paper i print it on. suggestions and criticism is highly valued so please feel free to unload upon me. thank you. :)

I saw a shooting star tonight and wished for you; never thinking it could possibly come true.
Still I sit here utterly drawn towards you.

Words of gossip drift to my ears, all of which draw a single tear.
Yet, thoughts of you still linger near.

I fall apart inside because I bury it deep. I cry inside and beg to weep.
And even then hope for you my heart still keeps.

I want it all. I want it more. To see you walk through my bedroom door;
To knock my solitude to the bedroom floor.

I know that I may never gain the heart I call to stay and remain,
By my side and whole again.

I wish. I wish for you to come, through my breaking walls undone.
The obstructions to my soul are gone.

I pains me that you barely know, the man I am but rarely show.
It is I, I give to you to grow. (in knowing of me)

If you take me, one day or the next, I know I can be your very best.
For life is not read from a single text.

But for now I flounder here, drowning in my solitary tears.
I ache for the next time I may have you near.

Perhaps one day my wish will come true, because it is you I ache for through and through.
Yet what comes to pass is entirely up to you.

Utterly inspired by that green shooting star…

PhasmatisDiligo's photo
Wed 01/07/09 09:54 PM
Philosophy or science? which side to take? Imagine for an instant that someone was majoring in both science and philosophy. Why would someone take on such a major course load? Well perhaps i feel that being a master of one will only better my understanding in the other and vice versa.

Yes, philosophy employs logical reasoning. I personally feel that in today's scientific comunity there is a slight shortfall of logical reasoning. I hear frequently of scientists fighting for their one truth to be the only right answer, when logic has shown me that within the mysteries of life lies multiple truths. Yet there-in lies the fault of the term "truth" most truths are not pure nor whole.

Think of it this way. The statement "the sky is blue" and the statement "the sky is not blue" are both true. yet both are partial truths even considdering they are opposites. So in essence what is true is relative to the individual's thought process and definiton of "the sky".

Whether or not philosophy is more important than science, or science more than philosophy, is relative entirely to the one asking themselve that question.

The scientist can argue that the persuit of science is all that matters to better the life of mankind. All the while the philosopher can cry out for the persuit of knowledge through logical thought. Yet in reality both are seeking "knowledge" in one form or another. Who is to say that one is more defining or important than the other. Logical knowledge of good vs. bad or true vs. false is a science in itself is it not? After all one of the world's greatest philosophers came to be known as the father of science and the scientific method. Aristotle used his logic and observations together to bring about many truths to the world. It is obvious to see he saw both as being equally important and combined them to become a major contributor to both fields.

Whether you wish to know the world through logic or falsifiable proof... you still are seeking knowledge.

I feel both are equally important and should rely upon the skillsets found within each for a greater understanding of everything around us.

Because of this reason i chose to major not in one or the other, but BOTH Physics and Philosophy. Which specific area of physics i will choose is still undecided.

I feel that being well versed in philosophy, and henceforth using the skills and tools i gain from philosophy in the science of physics i can only be that much better prepared to see all sides of an equation.

1 2 3 4 6 Next