Community > Posts By > KozeeLady

KozeeLady's photo
Thu 01/29/09 09:36 AM

Good question...

I think without identities, all would still be the same as everyone would still go on face values maybe...

Going on face values would be a novel idea :).

Could us humans stand to all be the same?

Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Thu 01/29/09 09:34 AM

Identity is not how I know me, but how others might identify me.

For a few years I worked in a totally non-white apartment complex. I didn't speak any of the languages of the tenants, nor did we ever call each other by name. I was simply the guy who fixed things, or got things done, and collected rent.

We got along quite well. Usual amount of fights, robberies, vandalism, drugs, prostitution, and such things. But we got along well, without lots of chatter. No real arguments. No hurt feelings. Clear expectations of each other in the roles that were set.

Does that answer your question?

I get from what you're saying that we could not be without identities?

Out of curiosity - how would you know yourself?

Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Thu 01/29/09 12:08 AM
It seems as if humans have to have identities in order to be able to communicate with each other and get around on planet earth.

Could we even imagine ourself without any identities?

How would we raise our children? Go to work. Go out and party? Would there be no difference between us without identities?

I suppose just our bodies alone signify different identities as all our bodies are somewhat different from each other.

Would there be more harmony and less chaos in the world without identities?

Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Mon 01/26/09 09:29 PM

Actually Kozee there are some distinct differences from Eft and eastern methods. In the west the term,"energy psychology" still stinks of "this is all in our heads and therefore not a part of reality." As a Taoist I am of the belief that the energy that is worked in these systems is a part of total human reality. That is to say it applys to body, mind and soul as a whole. If you say that it is the same thing then i would say putting western terminology on a clearly eastern concept is just salad dressing and dis-respects the origins of these systems. I can certainly understand you wanting to put these concepts in terms more platable to a western mind but the terms you are using by definition dismiss critic concepts that embody these systems. Another western concept you are using is the "idea of how fast a system works." This screams of a western mindset, wanting everything here and now rather then growing and developing it. I won't debate with you about speed becuase i am more focused with quality and long term results. just something to think about next time you claim we have bridged east and west. The terminology is of a western mindset and chooses to ignore vital eastern concepts by difinition alone. just something to think about...spock

I can see your view about it. So, let me clarify just a bit.

Originally, EFT was Thought Field Therapy, by Roger Callahan. He was an accupressurist who had studied this chinese method for years. As the story goes, he one day was listening to a woman explain her terrible fear of water including "pools" that you can stand in. So, for some reason he took it upon himself to press just beneath her eye because that particular area also has nerve channels to the stomach area and solar plexus. Within about 5 minutes, this person's "fear" suddenly was gone. They were both surprised. The woman tested it out by actually stepping into a pool and feeling fine about it. Apparently, her fear of water never came back.

However, Roger Callahan's technique was long and involved and went over many "nerve points" of the body. One had to study this method from him and it costs thousands of dollars.

Then this guy, Gary Craig comes and along and says - "hey" since there are specific areas in the body where certain nerve centers seem to come together, why not just tap on those and allow for the nervous system to do the rest. This cut not only the time in half of having to touch all the different nerve areas, but it also cut the teaching time as well.

As well, he also launched a great marketing program where people can do this for free, while Gary Craig also has created a program to get this method to as many professionals as possible so that this can enhance what the different professions already have.

Now, I segue back into what you are referring to, Maikuru. The only thing that is really anything similar to the "east" is the meridians and the tapping or touching with fingers to those spots. That's about it. Everything else, is western.

Here's an example. Let's just say that you "love" to meditate. You do it almost everyday. Then for some reason, one day you don't feel like it and then the next couple of days you notice that suddenly things are intruding or becoming more important than meditating.

What you then do is simply focus on the idea that you didn't feel like it and then got distracted and start to tap on certain meridians as you totally focus on the idea you didn't feel like it and then got distracted. Get in touch with whatever feelings or emotions that were going on with you when you originally didn't feel like it and continue "tapping" or touching the meridians in sequence. If you want to get an idea of a comparison of before and after you've done this, you can give yourself a "scale" of 1 to 10 of how intense or not something is.

When you have gotten to the point where none of the whole situation bothers you and you can easily go back to doing meditation - then you know its a done deal.

So, that's what I meant by "east" meets "west". The physical part is the "east" and the mental part is the "west".

I personally like meditating at times and have no qualms about certain eastern practices, for the most part, although I "do" admit to being very American "cultured" and have no intention of moving to India or Asia anytime soon.

As far as things being only in our "heads" - I mentioned in prior email, that if I tell people to point to where their upset or trauma or situation is - most people can do that. Its not all in their head. Sometimes its in other parts of the body. So, from that I deduced that we don't hold "all" our memories in the brain in the head, necessarily. But basically, as far as I know, its all "memory" based. If you wipe out the memory, then there isn't anything to look at from the past.

As far as body, mind and soul, they usually work so closely together that combining the different techniques of the physical and the mental might also bring about a more spiritual aspect. Just depends on each person and how far they want to go with awareness.

As far as quickness goes - with this technique, it really depends on what a person is addressing, plus, to what degree they are willing to look at emotional and physically painful areas, plus to what degree they're willing to let go of certain things. So, some things may lift off and be gone in minutes while other things might take weeks, maybe even some months. Again, it all depends on what one is handling.

This is a technique you can at least "try" on just about anything that can come up. There's no guarantee that it works 100% of the time, but there are definitely some interesting results from doing this over a period of time.

:) Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Mon 01/26/09 01:25 AM

I did go to that site with Magnus. If you have any other good sites, I would be interested. Thanksflowerforyou

Here's another "site" that has a video imbedded there about "affirmations":
http://www.howtobecomeamillionaire.us/category/positive-affirmation/

Then for affirmation ideas there's:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Top-EFT-Tapping-Tips-and-Affirmations&id=1325261

There's a Dr. Mercola who has some interesting things on his site:

http://www.mercola.com/forms/eftcourse6.htm

Anyways, there's lots of info if you just type "key" words into Google.

KozeeLady's photo
Sun 01/25/09 02:01 PM

snipped.....

Ok in the previous thread Krimsa had made an argument for the idea that language in its more complex forms would have arisen first from woman who where working in social contexts that required more communication, I think this is an excellent hypothesis given what we do know about women and there roles in prehistoric society.

However, I think what is left out is how society

I think what is missing in the other thread was details, however that thread was not about this topic so I think we all felt a little like hijackers so maybe didn't really dig in.

Wow! What a fascinating subject. I don't think I've ever even asked that question. I sometimes have such an aversion to "words" that I kind of suppress these areas. Even while I talk and think and write, sometimes words are difficult for me to come up to describe particular concepts.

Has anyone come up with some theories from say archeologists or linguists? I haven't done any "net" research on it.

I can only guess that it came along as man developed with brain abilities. That drawing hieroglyphics and making sounds may have been something that went together.

From what I heard at one time, way back when, some of the language was developed as man had evolved into someone that began to understand the idea of "trading". That eventually, there were markings sometimes letting others know what was being traded. But I don't really know about that.

I suppose there were a lot of grunts and sounds that meant things.

I wonder what the first actual "language" was. Think it may have been before "Sumarian"?

Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Sun 01/25/09 01:47 PM

I just did some tapping and feel very relaxed. It really calms the mind.

Did you do it from www.tapping.com?

There are specific "affirmation" type of sayings for the purpose of feeling uplifted and relaxed. If you're interested, I could find them and post a few :).

Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Sun 01/25/09 09:44 AM

To know if, and how it works requires study, and again if you look at page one Redy cited a study that explains how it works backed up with research.

I respect a "why" person as there are times I'm like that myself. I like to know why something is working because it lets me become more flexible with it.

With EFT the basics are so simple that you can do it and then learn why it works as you're doing it. That's what happened to me. Someone I knew just simply showed me how to do it, within about 20 minutes or so. After that I started learning several ways of doing it and started looking at why it worked at times and why other times it did not. Its not a "fullproof" type of thing. Just depends on what you're addressing and whether one can let it go or not or spot the right "source" of the problem or not.

So far, in all the time I've been doing EFT, I have never had it have an adverse reaction, where leaving myself in the middle of something has created more problems than I wanted or already had. Its never made something "worse". So, doing it on yourself, at the worse case scenario, is that nothing happens at all.

Again, its almost like "energy psychology" for dummies :). If you go to www.tapping.com you can see how to do it through videos - or you can always go to Youtube where there are several different people that do it and you can see their styles. There's one that Gary Craig has put out called EFT for War Veterans. Its a really cool video
http://www.emofree.com/splash/video_vets.asp

Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Sun 01/25/09 09:32 AM

no tools sublime just speak the mind, no bellow no settle for black is the kettle, expell good hate or fear blind hearts abate, unwind the mind the deep well fall and find, nothing to lose drop the dime awaken the snooze, break bowels drop cradles reach low dip the ladel, lower the boom let it bloom ride a long tune, empty minds sip tea cups of energy o plenty.......

Reminds me of "rapping". :) KL

KozeeLady's photo
Sat 01/24/09 08:51 PM

That is true, but its should be required for respect.

For me, the bottom is - does it work? To what degree is there a consistancy of it working. How easy or difficult is it to do. Do I have to depend on someone else for results, or can I do it myself for the most part? The rest of it can come later as to the who, what, when, where, why, how and so forth. I'm sort of an A to B person in that respect because I've heard so much "theory" and ramblings on about methods, that I just wanna get down to the nitty gritty and see if it works. That's the proof - not the rest of it. Everything else is drool

KozeeLady's photo
Sat 01/24/09 10:51 AM
Healed, cured, all the same thing.

My apologies. I left out info. When dealing with words and legal stuff, its all about words. For instance I can't "legally" call myself a therapist because I don't have the credentials. If someone wanted to pursue getting me in trouble for that, they could. The same with other words, I have found out. If I said I could "cure" something who knows who could come after me. I think if people who had to go to Mexico to continue some sort of alternative medicine, didn't use certain words, they may not have had such a tough time - but that's just a speculation on my part about that.

So, "healed" is very similar to "cure", but it won't get me in trouble. Just like "coaching" will not get me in trouble like "therapist" would.

However, even though I "have" done some healing and watched body's heal in small ways (I've never done a cancer patient), its still not my "forte" and I don't specialize in it.

I've seen some pretty hefty miracles from people being able to "heal" and I admire their abilities for this.
What lead you to that conclusion?

The person being administered to said they either felt a lot better or whatever it was they had was gone or at least disappearing.

I realized it was coming from the guy standing next to me.

I have no doubt that you felt something, unless this is all a way to take advantage of people, and I make no judgments but there are those kinds of folks out there.

I wish I knew how to take advantage of people in the way I believe you mean - I wouldn't be on this particular website and I'd be rich. :tongue:

Its difficult to believe unless you experience it for yourself.

No not difficult at all, just an all together different conclusion is required to make it easy to believe.

The guy admitted to me that he had done it. He also said he couldn't "turn it off". He was like that all the time. I personally wouldn't want to be like that "all the time". He said that sometimes certain types machinery would jam or stop because of it, but he didn't do it intentionally. Like compasses would go crazy. This I didn't see for myself, but I know what I was feeling. You can't see electricity, but if you've been shocked by a loose wire in a puddle of water - you can't see it, but you feel it. He wasn't "that" amped up, but its a similar example.

Isn't the bottom line the subjective state of the patient? Isn't the whole purpose of any kind of "therapy" to make the patient feel better? If an "alternative" therapy can accomplish that, then that therapy works, by the only really valid criteria - the subjective opinion of the patient. Anything else is someone else trying to push an agenda.

I agree, and my point is on intellectual honesty and knowing why something works.

In order for me to figure out only some of the reasons why healing or some therapies work, I looked things up on line as to how the body worked and in what way the intention of the "driver" of the body (so to speak) can influence the body (along with other drivers of bodies). I haven't done a "thorough" job, just enough to get the idea.
Here's a youtube that you can either believe or not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_r4tDQM3Lg
I have Dr. Emoto's book. Does make one think a bit as far as how we influence our bodies since our bodies are about 75% water.

Do you think it would stop working if the person receiving the therapy knew why it worked?

Even if I gave you a magick show or an illusion like Chris Angel does and you found out how it worked, it doesn't mean that there still wouldn't be an illusion there that you were looking at. If I told you all about how actors create characters, it doesn't mean that a really good actor still couldn't make you forget that he's acting and you'd get into the character and enjoy the show.

If you looked up in a logical way how the body creates certain energies and manifests through its cellular and other organs to form different tiny little structures and how the mind, brain and being can to some greater or lesser degree create an effect on the body, wouldn't this enhance things instead of having a rejection of them or belief that it wouldn't work?

KozeeLady's photo
Sat 01/24/09 09:57 AM

Isn't the bottom line the subjective state of the patient? Isn't the whole purpose of any kind of "therapy" to make the patient feel better? If an "alternative" therapy can accomplish that, then that therapy works, by the only really valid criteria - the subjective opinion of the patient. Anything else is someone else trying to push an agenda.

Yes, the subjective plays an important part because it has the power to also change things physically as well.

The only way to judge something as to its workability is by what the body and being are putting forth. I don't actually know of any other way at this point in my life of how one would know if something worked or not.

Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Sat 01/24/09 12:23 AM

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html

Watch this, the brain is a powerful tool to explore our reality.

When you have a hemispherectomy (damage to one side of the brain where one half of the brain is removed) or a stroke as the lady in this video does, then you can loose the brain function of this 3d extension. You become lost in a viod, or feel as if you are spread out, sometimes people explain it as the out of body experience sensation or the near death experience due obviously to the fact that such trauma to the brain would likely follow death and if you survived such as this woman to describe it would remember the same or similar sensations.

The brain allows the concept of 3d extension of the body. The brain is the seat of emotion. We see every reason to believe that the brain projects emotions and feelings to all parts of your body and even out past your body to objects that you identify with, such as your car. Ever wonder how you get the wonderful sense of where your front bumper is without seeing it? Your brain takes imagery and sensations that we experience day in and day out and places them into a self awareness map. This mapping places sensation and feeling at places near and on you via visual audible and tactile stimuli. If you have ever been in a fender bender you probably remember FEELING a sensation of fear right before impact, sometimes even the sensation of impact before the impact, the brain does this for us so we learn to avoid running into things, this gets extended to a vehicle when we learn to drive. We have done tests where with the use of cameras we are able to trick the body into sensing when a person touches a dummy, as in that a camera is rigged to allow the person to see as if they are the dummy, and they feel when the dummy is touched.

See this video for a similar effect being used, except this is about expectations, and tactile sensation from something as slight as tiny movements of air current, however expectation made it seem much amplified: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyt9EWzxT_g

Energy fields do not have to enter the equation to explain any of this. In fact there are ways to test for fields of awareness, and fields of emotional perception. I am not mentioning any of this except to say that perception is a very complex thing, it is very possible that to perceive something and have it make an effect does not require any kind of energy field, or physiological effect to take place, like someone touching you, or not touching you, or any kind of emotional technique used to alter perception it literally can all be in your mind.

Many times established science has searched for such things to come up short, this does not mean it does not exist, just that many things have been tested, I urge you to check out this site, and if you think you can positively heal disease with touch then I suggest you register for the million dollar prize. If you think its completely psychological and not physiological then I understand and appreciate what you are doing as long as you are clear about that, otherwise you could win big money. Even if money is not important think about what donating that to charity would do. To heal with touch physiologically would quality trust me.

http://www.randi.org/site/

I "watched" the video about a month ago or so as someone on a list I'm on put it up on the list. I thought it was an absolutely fascinating video. I loved it.

To address the "energy field" thing, I agree with you that you do not have to "use" an energy field to perceive or be aware. This is two separate things to me. However, I'm talking about what is already "stashed" in and on and around the body and the ability to perceive them. These are two different activities (as I said).

I don't know where I said anything about healing someone's "owies" with EFT. As a matter of fact I said that I never use the word "cure". I also don't ever guarantee that I can heal someone's illness or injuries with EFT. Others might, but I don't. I do say that I can help with the emotional aspects of it, to either lessen the emotional areas or perhaps even eliminate some of the extra drama.

I "have" studied other types of healing techniques of which "some" have actually helped to quicken up the healing of someone quite quickly. I took a class and healed this guy's walking pneumonia, where he only had a slight residual after another 2 days. And this kinda blew me away - I didn't expect it. And I've had other similar things happen while taking different classes - but I don't really specialize in healing bodies, per se. I've met a few people who are really good at it, but its just not quite my thing. There are lots of Reiki people around for that :).

I've seen some pretty hefty miracles from people being able to "heal" and I admire their abilities for this. The heat some of these people put out is intense. I had one guy standing next to me one day while I was looking at books at the Bodhi Tree Book Store. He was standing 2 feet or so away and my "hip" started to have this "burning" feeling. I kinda scratched at it and got restless and then went back to looking at books. It happened again but more intense and I realized it was coming from the guy standing next to me. Then he finally said something and we talked a bit. Just before he left he put his hand over my right shoulder and the heat that came through my shoulder and down around another 6 inches or so, was so intense, it blew me away. I had no idea a human could do that. For myself, I don't know if I could ever get that much energy up. Its difficult to believe unless you experience it for yourself.

I wouldn't doubt that there are at least around 200,000 people or more (give or take) who have at least tried EFT once, since its up on the net all the time. It doesn't sound like a whole lot, but the numbers do keep climbing. The lovely thing is that you can simply do it for yourself and don't have to join anything. Or, you can find one other person to do it with and have a field day experimenting with it. No one is "screwing" you over and you have to scream at them for your "money back" guarantee.

Its cool if you do try it, but I'm kinda beyond "having" to have someone try it out. The subject came up on the community threads and so I thought I'd respond to it because I use it. Other than that, I can enjoy talking about it, but the only thing I have to gain by it is if someone tries it out, then I get to talk to them about it, which is always fun to do :).

KozeeLady's photo
Fri 01/23/09 09:49 PM
Thats funny this sounds just like my favorite remedy for 90% of what ails you.

Its called GetOffYourAssAndExcerciseAndDoSomeThingFun.

Long name, but it really gets the juices flowing.

My problem with any of this stuff is that is claims to effect energy, which has been tested in clinical and scientific settings and no evidence what so ever has been found to support such claims.

That is not to say that these techniques have no value, but to be intellectually honest is to admit either you don't know why it works, or to do like Di and cite a proper study that explains it honestly.

Okay - so it claims to effect energy - so does exercise and stuff like that. So, does thinking for too long :).

For the last few years or so, I've been doing this "weird" little experiment. Whenever someone tells me a particular type of emotion/thought, you know something that upsets them or annoys or whatever, I ask them to "point" to it. Strange, huh? But you know - 98% of the people I ask to do that - can do that. Maybe just 2% have no idea what the heck I'm talking about.

Not all of those people pointed to their "head" where you'd think everything would be stored. Some pointed to their heart or chest area, some to their shoulders, some to their back and some pointed "outward" from themself by a foot or so (give or take). Some said it was all over the body (whatever the emotion was) and etc.

So, with that, I figured if the memory isn't just "in the head", then wherever the person is pointing to is where at least most of the memory is being "stored". That means its being stored most likely along some nerve system. If its being stored along some nerve system then there is energy there as the body's energy is created by the neurons creating electrical current (at least I think so, if my poor science still serves me).

When tapping or touching particular nerve channels or meridians what happens is that the person becomes more aware of those energies or memories that have been stored. They seem to become more pronounced as more attention is given them. More information comes up and then the person starts to look at whatever it is they are addressing on a more focused level. However, sometimes, when tapping in these areas, the release is so fast and so thorough that the person doesn't even get to see why it was there to begin with. These people sometimes look at me and just get kinda puzzled with some blank stares. When I ask them how is it now, they say - I don't know. They don't know because its not there anymore and they can't understand where it went and the idea that it went so fast. And don't ask me why it sometimes works that way, because that part I haven't figured out yet. And also, no, it doesn't work that way on everything because there are some things that people try to hang on to.

This method is sort of a "psychology" for dummies. Its so simple that just about anyone can do it. Not to say that there aren't more expert people at it who get better results than others do. In my mind, its an A to B route towards releasing some stuff without having to beat your brains in all the time.

You can try it for free, or you can just speculate about it and think on it and run around the block a few times or get several pro and con articles or totally just think its like everything else in the world that has anything to do with Chinese or look up what Obama's been up to and wonder if he ever has any troubles or if you should walk the dog.

So much for seeking and reaching.:tongue:

Oi vey,
Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:04 AM

Chiropractic: A Profession Seeking Identity

The chiropractic profession is resisting changes that will establish it as a back-pain specialty while seeking an identity that will continue to allow chiropractors to treat a broad scope of health problems.

In 1895, D.D. Palmer, a grocer and magnetic healer, announced that

My first ever Chiro was an "old man" - Dr. Lloyd Garrison. He had retired, but did adjustments on the side. When I met him he was in his 80's and that was back in the late 70's when I met him. He said that he had learned the Palmer method - from Palmer himself.

Everyone called him "Doc". He could simply look at you and tell you where you were blocked, as far as blood flows and energy. He could have you just stand up in front of him and he could tell what to adjust in a quick look. He never used an X-ray machine.

This man literally saved my life. I saw him save one man's "limb" from having to be operated on and cut off completely. He straightened out my "newborn" baby's eyes. He straightened out the back and head of a stray dog I had found and the animal was like "night and day". During an earlier period, he helped me to walk again as I had had a serious injury to my atlas and it was making me too dizzy to walk. I could go on and on about this guy. He wasn't gentle by any means, but he got the job done.

He eventually died and I did find another chiro who wasn't quite as good, but he got the job done as well. I knew him about 8 years and he died too (wonder if its me - lol!)

I then got another "older" chiro and he was really good but then his house burned down when we had those bad fires in So. CA and now he lives in Kansas (at least he didn't die).

All in all, I'd say that one has to be careful about the chiros they choose. I've had some really bad ones. I've ones that were extremely good and didn't charge you an arm and a leg (so to speak). I sometimes found ones that sucked and charged way too much.

Its really worth finding a good one and if you can find one that's inexpensive, that's good too. If you don't need one - then this post is pretty moot for you :).

Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Fri 01/23/09 01:48 AM

It is one of those things that is not approved, some psych in new Mexico actually went to jail for Medicare fraud for billing for it. No scientific evidence, but if it works, for someone try it. You can get an e-mail newsletter from the guy.

Yea, one has to be careful how one portrays themself when doing this sort of thing. While its marketed to therapists, psychologists, doctors, psychiatrists and others, by the "founder" Gary Craig, that does not mean its totally legal to use the same vernacular or terms that "licensed" people use. For example - Its not wise to tell someone they can "cure" them of some illness, etc. The word "cure" can set one up for a lawsuit. However, one can simply say that an illness can be addressed and the emotions from it can be "run".

I'd have to do some research as to whether it can be billed here in the U.S. yet through insurance companies at least. I think there are a "few" companies that will allow for some insurance claims for EFT.

EFT has become a most popular method since the late 90's. In the beginning there was only about 2 or 3 websites - now, there seem to be pages of websites.

Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Fri 01/23/09 01:35 AM

Honestly this really just semantics. EFT is no different from reiki, Qi quong, Tai chi, or what we Taoist call Chi Kung, or any of the energy work and medicine whose roots lie in eastern shamanism and vedic practices. Western culture and medicine is still catching up to this and struggling to attach scientific terminology and names to ancient methods and practices of healing that work through what can best be discribed as Internal Alchemy.

Each and everyone has different aspects to it, but as far as basic concepts, you are correct. Each one addresses "energy" in and around the body.

I am no expert in any of the above. I can only assume that some are quicker than others in attaining a clearer head and body and achieving a much purer aura and better intention with the chi.

EFT does work with the energy, but at the same time addresses situations by directly looking at them. I would imagine that "energy" methods you mentioned could do the same thing, but might take a bit longer, depending on how good one has become at them.

EFT has done the "east" meets "west". One releases pressures in areas of the body and at the same time can apply what is known as "energy psychology".

All I can say is that you can try it on something surface at first - like perhaps if someone has cut you off in traffic or someone has annoyed you. I've mentioned where you can find how to do it and a bit about it in the other post. Its free, so what the heck :).

Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Wed 01/21/09 11:27 AM

Has anyone heard of EFT and tapping?
I was just reading up on it and it seems that by tapping the meridians you can get rid of negative emotions/feelings. It is very cool!

I've been doing EFT for about 8 years now. It "is" cool.

For doing it on self, for the most part, I'd say it was fairly easy. But there are some areas in life where its much better if you have a partner for it.

The best place to learn about tapping is
www.tapping.com. Magnus has 13 videos you can watch and learn from. And of course if someone wants to do extensive reading they can always go to emofree.com and download an 80 page manual for free. There's also www.123eft.com.

One can also join a Yahoo Group after they've looked at the above called EmotionalFreedomTechniqueDiscussion where they discuss how to use it and whatever questions that pop up.

Its one of the easiest things to do, but it does take a bit of training or reading about it so one can be effective with it.

Its great to do on self, but also on friends and relatives too. I cured my daughter's really bad cat allergy with it. Took me about 6 different times and at about 30 minutes a piece, but it finally worked :). I also cured her migraine headaches with it. Again, it took me several different times, but it finally worked too :). My other daughter, I've helped her through some emotionally bad times, like with guys and stuff.

I've also helped other people over the phone and I've even got my first "client" from it too!! I actually got paid - lol!!

The other thing about EFT is that it can be used with other methods too. Its very versatile.

Enuf said :)

Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Wed 01/21/09 11:12 AM

Scientology is a farce among farces. To quote Hubbard himself, "Scientology's sole purpose is to make money...".

I remember filming a TV show near the Scientology building in Hollywood back in 2002. As usual, they got the cute brainwashed twenty-something girls who came straight off of the Greyhound bus to pass out passes for "free auditings" to all passers-by. At some point, a couple of co-workers and I were given cards.

Being the eternal wise-ass I am, I thought, "Why the F*** not???!!!" and went in, just to be able to say I went through a Scientologist auditing process.

A couple of well-dressed types with what I call "Disney" smiles (totally fake, pinned-on smiles that don't hide anything) gave me some shpeel about how great L. Ron Hubbard was and how he was a genius and a visionary and how he was the only dude who could beat Chuck Norris. Then they started up with what Scientology could cure me of- depression, anxiety, anti-social behavior, blah blah blah yackety schmackety.

It was then where they hooked me up to their auditing machine, which they said could read the impulses from my thoughts. They told me to think of the happiest thing I ever had in my life, at which point some lights on the contraption went off and some numbers started to scroll.

Then they told me to think of the SADDEST thing that happened in my life, which made lights beep and numbers scroll.

Within minutes, they gave me a whole deal with what was "wrong" with me. They even showed me a bunch of print-outs and stuff, and then proceeded to ask me what I thought.

I called total bull-honkey on them.

What they DIDN'T know (and apparently didn't detect) was the fact I did the exact OPPOSITE of what they told me to do when I was hooked up to their auditing machine- instead of the HAPPIEST memories, I recalled the SADDEST ones, and vice-versa. Their machines didn't turn out different responses, nor did were they even CLOSE to telling if I was jerking their chain or not.

That was, until I went ahead and TOLD them of course, which (needless to say) made them look like total goofs. I then related the experiences a couple of my friends had with their organization which resulted in one being placed in a mental institution and the other being DEAD from their brainwashing.

They THEN proceeded to call their bigger, burlier (though still well-suited) Scientologist bodyguards up to "escort" me out of the building. And by "escort", I mean they "bum-rushed me out of the building... with feeling!".

Yeah, landing on that sidewalk on Hollywood Boulevard was a wee bit painful, but I had made my point- the organization was (and is) a total scam.

This is the sad part. But I have to admit, that I went into Scn back in the 70's and while it was "similar" it wasn't the same. When did all this happen to you (what year)?

What lights and numbers? The meter they used didn't have "lights and numbers". But, I haven't been back in the Church for "years". Must be a whole lot that is new since LRH has been dead for at least 23 years.

This is what I had been talking about. People looked at sales and PR and nothing else. Many people don't bother to simply try something out for themself, without having to go to the Church. Now, apparently, the sales and manipulation of getting people in the door is so "loud" and pronounced, that anything else regarding what some of the teachings are, is also classified along with that first impression.

I've experienced almost dying, but not from Scn itself. From those who abuse and misuse it. It cuts a double edged sword. I believe that even a bible can be used to justify evil deeds, but that doesn't make the bible evil (no I'm not religious - its just an example). Just about every type of belief system on this planet can be turned for good or bad, depending on how its used.

Understand that I actually could care less whether you ever study the subject or not :) I'm just saying that in some of the books, some of the information is quite useful. That as far as auditing goes, if done right, its a little bit of a slow boat to China at times, but it can help relieve and release some painful areas. This in itself, has nothing to do with the PR, hype, manipulations, etc. This is just one of the reasons I stay away from the Church itself. But I have no qualms about reading the "how to's" in the privacy of my own home.

Anyways, thanks for sharing the story as its one more reason to add to the fact that David Miscaviage sucks as the leader of Scn and I'd never go back. I think it would shock and sadden me. Besides, I don't think that "robots" should be running the show and there are plenty of them there.

Kozee

KozeeLady's photo
Tue 01/20/09 11:38 PM

Yes very interesting. Thanks for your candor.

Well, its as I see it :) - thank you.

Thousands of people have had such a diverse amount of experience with Scn in one way or another and again, some of the stories are amazing, both good and bad.

There are things I experienced that I'm truly glad I did and then there are other areas I wish I hadn't ever been there for.

Kozee :)