Community > Posts By > alexfon68

no photo
Sun 02/16/14 04:48 AM

I have experienced being in a relationship with men belonging to both extremes. With my habibi, his physical attributes initially caught my attention; but his good character, his outstanding intellect and his remarkable personality kept me there.

I'm thinking looks are more about the initial attraction? But even then, I don't need someone to be an Adonis, it's more about the vibe, the way he moves, look in his eyes etc. So basically comes down to confidence again. At first glance I wouldn't 'go' for a guy with a belly, but having said that, I do know this guy who is very confident (not cocky, confident), he does have quite the tum, so not an Adonis in that sense. But dang, is that man sexy! Women swarm around him, even though he's married and has that tum! Stupid thing is, you aren't even aware of his physique at all when you're talking to him. He's just very attractive.

From your description, he has mojo. Similar to a commercial here in the US with the "Most interesting man in the world" - Stay thirsty my friend.

no photo
Sun 02/16/14 04:15 AM

Why is there math on here? I hate math. Makes my head hurt.laugh

I hate numbers, there are too many of them.

I know, right? And then they start talking about positive and negative, I'm like, nooooooo.

Talk about swinging both ways.

I positively have a negative attitude about numbers and math.

did someone mention swinging both ways:wink:

Maybe, flexibility would have been a better word? :-)

no photo
Sun 02/16/14 04:11 AM

Damn weekend is almost over!!

Damn right ;-)

no photo
Sun 02/16/14 04:05 AM

I need more coffee.

Then get more coffee, I like your input, haha

I have to be careful with the coffee, then I will posting at 100 miles an hour. Not sure if that is a good thing.

no photo
Sun 02/16/14 04:04 AM
Edited by alexfon68 on Sun 02/16/14 04:06 AM

I can't feel attracted to a guy, before I get to know him. Which is exactly why I choose to be friends first. And I'm sorry if some don't believe that. Whatever. Everyone is different. Just because some don't go for image, no need to shoot them for it. I'm bringing this up, because I got sent a nasty e-mail (If he's reading this, well it's his own damn fault), from a guy, for not accepting his "well-toned body". Well excuse me mr, there's more substance to me, than he could ever have in his personality. It's pathetic the way some are so vain. Don't get angry with ME. Get angry at yourself. Get angry at those who influenced you to be that way.

A good relationship starts with a friendship, that is so true. I believe most people online believe it in their heart to be true but typical of the instant gratification world we live in, that philosophy is ignored. The ones who don't get it, well the odds are they will be the ones posting cutting edge topics like "Where are the real men/women?"

no photo
Sun 02/16/14 03:40 AM
Every woman I dated had some traits in common but were unique in their own way. I don't regret any of my former relationships, I learned about what I want. I am still learning. I am having trouble defining a clear cut answer to this question.

I am a passionate person who believes in intimacy and romance. I do have guidelines in what I want, for example, you have to be in my age range, Early 40's to Early 50's. Whether it is online and/or the outside world, you have to be romantic. That is key. As someone posted last night, you should want someone, not need someone.

I do not like insecurity or desperation in a person, that is another topic.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't have a concise answer to this question.

I need more coffee.

no photo
Sun 02/16/14 03:29 AM
"In the eye of the beholder" comes into play. In the real world, I have to see body language, the way she smiles, the way she carries a conversation, is everything about her? I enjoy nice walks, is she in physical shape to go on extended walks. I don't care if the woman takes yoga or goes to the gym, whatever. There has to be chemistry and that includes intangibles, that I can't put into words this early in the morning. Intelligence goes a long way with me.

In the fast food world called online dating, that is another story. I look for two things: Does the woman show her personality in her photos and what does she look like without makeup. I like the forums, it provides an alternative or enhances what is written in a profile. A picture has to catch the eye, think of it as a resume, you have a few seconds to a minute to catch the eye of someone.

"In the eye of the beholder" there has to be something in the picture that grabs your attention and then (at least to me) you have to something to say that keeps my attention and makes a person want to know more about you.

This is a great question to ask Crystal.

no photo
Sun 02/16/14 02:54 AM
The Americans win two more medals in Sochi, their current total is 16. The leader in total medals, though I suspect that won't last.

no photo
Sat 02/15/14 07:38 PM

Lmao ....what do ya expect from someone, that is from Texas???bigsmile

I must be gatting tired, didn't catch that. Very good. :-)

no photo
Sat 02/15/14 07:24 PM

It's better to be wanted than needed...nothing lasts forever, so if you need a man or woman, you're always going to be disappointed.

That is the post of the night.

So true... so true

drinker

If you need companionship... get a pet.

They love you forever. Unlike people.

pets don't love, they just accept you as you, without any repercussions or demands... as long as you feed them, they'll be there... kind of like some women i know...

everyone has a different idea of what love is, and what they want out of it... doesn't make it suck any less, but finding the person that can love you for you is almost impossible

That's funny because I have never loved a man for what he could or could not give me...in my opinion, that's not love. I have always loved for the person himself. I guess you just never met the right woman, which is unfortunate.

I so much agree with this...When you find the person that loves you as much as you love them is where it all lies...

Problem is that love does not always grow with some and they tend to take it for granted and the two grow a part...

What is hard to find is the two that never stops loving each other...

As they say it is better to have loved then not to have loved at all~~~~~~ :heart:

That sounds like a country song

no photo
Sat 02/15/14 07:16 PM
Edited by alexfon68 on Sat 02/15/14 07:23 PM

Philosophy and the Paycheck. Sounds like a good movie on A & E. Hahaha. Or a poem. You should write one. I like the other one you did.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

I do have an idea about numbers floating in my head and labels. Hopefully an idea will pop out soon.

no photo
Sat 02/15/14 07:12 PM

I like this! Keyboards blazing, to keep up with the posts, yep.drinker

Thank you, amigo.

no photo
Sat 02/15/14 07:11 PM

I know, right? And then they start talking about positive and negative, I'm like, nooooooo.

I like the numbers on my paycheck, and there aren't nearly enough. But otherwise, no math.

You live with the numbers on your paycheck and want more numbers. It is ok to want and need more numbers on a paycheck unlike relationships where we should want but not need. I call this Philosophy and the paycheck.

no photo
Sat 02/15/14 07:05 PM

Hum...tell me about it laugh

Well I will tell you, too many numbers and too many labels.

I threw the labels in as a bonus.

no photo
Sat 02/15/14 07:05 PM

There is a poem in there somewhere.

no photo
Sat 02/15/14 07:03 PM

no photo
Sat 02/15/14 06:55 PM

mingle...it's a learning experience too!

I guess it is.laugh

That is for sure. :-)

no photo
Sat 02/15/14 06:54 PM

no photo
Sat 02/15/14 06:51 PM

It's better to be wanted than needed...nothing lasts forever, so if you need a man or woman, you're always going to be disappointed.

That is the post of the night.

So true... so true

drinker

If you need companionship... get a pet.

They love you forever. Unlike people.

I like the way you think. I take my pet over 99% of the human population.
I wouldn't go that far? I put my son, before anything and everything! I've always had pets, but if i had to choose between my Dog to live and a human, as much as i love my Dog, i'd pick the human!

Not sure where you're pulling life or death out of my statement, I was referring to companionship.

99% of 6 billion still leaves a lot of humans...600,000... thats way to many, you should change it to 99.9999%

LOL, I was thinking of 99.9994%

no, that just won't work... ah, screw it... to lazy to turn the calculator on now...

drinker

same here, too lazy for the magic math machine, just guessed. LOL

no photo
Sat 02/15/14 06:46 PM
A beautiful smile. :-)