bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 05:40 PM

I don't see karma as a moral compass. I am the moral compass.

I know what is right and wrong and if I choose wrong, negative, then I am going to receive that energy back.

Karma in not an entity of judgment, it is living energy passing between all things.
:thumbsup:

ive been really studying further into reincarnations than i ever have before lately and i find my defintion(stated above) has changed as i persue my studies further. i too believe karma is a living energy passing between all things, because all things are made up of the same energy...the great spirit,have you. because karma is the part of us we bring forward into our new lives it is this energy that comes forth with us. (when we die our energy must go somewhere changing form in all the ways you learn as a little kid in school but further multiplied into spiritual realms)karmic debt is all of the ideas and restrictions and griefs and regrets we keep bringing forth lifetime to lifetime...until we realize that the true karma of all things is that it is really easy for us to heal all those moments and cleanse ourselves of all that debt and to move forward in our paths of ascension. probably to create some new karmic debts along the way but hey thats life = )

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 05:31 PM
yes i know but i rather liked the point after the moose story and its theory relates to my definition of karma. i still havent read all of the above posts yet thoughflowerforyou i like to take my time and babble a lotblushing

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 05:30 PM

that today is the day that marks a year since my bf randomly started talking to me on this site (non romantically)...both of us never thinking wed actually meet...much less be where we are todayflowerforyou
so id like to commemorate today as a new holiday: steak and bj daydevil

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 05:26 PM
that today is the day that marks a year since my bf randomly started talking to me on this site (non romantically)...both of us never thinking wed actually meet...much less be where we are todayflowerforyou

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 05:23 PM
as i recall are you:wink: how ya been? i didnt recognize you without the old prof pic!blushing

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 05:21 PM
drinker the true holy trinity lol

'Karma' is irrelevant. There are only three forms of discipline, and 'karma' isn't one of them. (1) SELF-Discipline; (2) OTHER-PEOPLE Discipline, and (3) UNIVERSE Discipline.

If a two-year old crawls onto the window ledge of a 10th-floor apartment, it will likely fall to its death because it's too young to apply SELF discipline. If, on other hand, its mother sees it and rescues it from the ledge, it lives because of OTHER-PEOPLE Discipline. If, in the next case, the mother doesn't re-enter the room in time, the baby slips and falls to its death as a result of the application of UNIVERSE Discipline. No 'karma' required.

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 05:20 PM
i think people put too much of a "big brother aspect" into karma. kind of like its going to come back and bite you in the *** or slap a really nice reward in your lap. really you reap what you sow, yes. ( kind of the theory that like attracts like...positive energy produces more positive energy and negative energy attracts the negative. i think this is what most people mean by karma - huge neon lights flashing: beware what you put out into the universe because birds of a feather flock together) but my CURRENT definition of karma is the debts and freedoms we apply to ourselves in past and current lifetimes. its the souls expression of a completely human characteristic trait of applying rules and guidelines to everything. thus one of the many ways we limit ourselves and our potential.

and i rather liked kings knight three forms of discipline. drinker

one of my many philosophy's is this: if we see or witness wrongdoing and do nothing to prevent it or never raise our voice against it than in essence we are just as responsible for the wrongdoing weve witnessed.
but that is my personal belief of morals and one of the things that constantly frustrates me about humanity...i dont currently believe karma is applied aside from within our own minds and the pattern we set for ourselves.

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 05:03 PM

The Beatles - Abbey Road cd
lol the second song on my list was beatles too (((rara)))flowerforyou

HEY JUDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdI7GhZSQA

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 05:00 PM
Edited by bohemianbugeater on Tue 09/14/10 05:01 PM

So some spirits could find themselves in an area they put themselves in by choice
spirit guides most especiallyflowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou bigsmile

if everything in the universe breaks down to energy and vibration- Could there not be those that are sensitive to that vibration and other vibrations?? I believe everything in the universe has vibration including people and spirits! You may not be sensitive to these vibrations, but that does not mean others couldnt be.
:thumbsup:

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 04:57 PM
rofl

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 04:51 PM
in honor of an awesome memory and since ive been craving one of my all time fave groups

three point one four - the bloodhound gang

forgot how to input links but you can always cut and paste

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuOLB_fEo2M

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 04:31 PM
drinker

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 04:30 PM

[http://www.jacquesdemolay.org/url]

enjoyable readflowerforyou

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 04:24 PM
^ very cool. flowerforyou

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 04:19 PM

Great! I'm glad that helped. I sat with a psychic one night and we sent some spirits "home". Sometimes the spirit passes so quickly they don't even know they are dead. That frequently happens when there is a big accident. This woman I was working with was just so sweet to these spirits. She just talked to them. I remember her saying, "Honey, haven't you noticed that no one is talking to you?" She was funny but it worked. She would say when two or more are gathered together that a shaft of life appears between the two and acts like a lighthouse attracting spirits. I think they recognize the individuals who can talk to them. After all they have a much clearer picture of our auras from their side then we have from ours. Good luck to you. Hope you are able to send your incarnate friends home.
it sounds like she had great compassion and wonderful humor that in a loving way got a point realistically across. what a wonderful find in a person. my mother/grandmother are/were of the same philosophy in that:
- spirits are attracted to other spirits creating sometimes what can seem like a busy airport terminal
- spirits are also attracted to people they think can sense them percieving a brighter beacon of light and thus liek a moth to the flame etc...

most of the spirits in the latter category tend to be a little lost, maybe in the "for instance" you described above regarding accidents, and most dont realize that
a) you dont know them
b) you may not be able to understand them
c) you cant really do anything other than try to encourage them to go into the light, as you helpfully reminded me, of their own absolute decision so they can find the next steps of their journey and if needed healing.

readers: i am speaking mainly of your "benign" spirits btw.

bohemianbugeater's photo
Tue 09/14/10 04:11 PM

So - after thinking about all this, I've decided if any spirit ever contacts me, I'm going to suggest that the spirit look for other spirits and perhaps together they can figure it all out. At the very least two spirits have a lot more in common than one spirit and all of the humans in the physical realm put together.

true enough! however i DO think that as HUMAN BEINGS we place a lot of silly restrictions on ourselves and what we are capable of doing. if these silly restrictions werent in place then maybe we wouldnt carry some absurd notions (such as, imho, people who think they are going to be punished or judged based on their life prior to death)past our life here on earth. i believe a lot of the karmic debt we take upon ourselves in life comes not from just our actions but also from these guidelines we place upon ourselves-which in reality dont really exist except in our own mind and in cases of more popular beliefs within societys mind. think of a suicidal victim (and yes i say victim - though sometimes it is true i view suicide as an active choice of will (envision ppl jumping from the world trade centers windows CHOOSING their own form of death over whats been dealt to them))who was quite possibly within so much emotional pain that well hell now that they are dead why would they want to go be around the same kind of things that made them so miserable in the first place - this is a strict for instance from my ponderings of an "what -if" situation not intended to offend or hurt anyone. another might be the mr dad who is driving and doesnt see the oncoming vehicle instantly and inadvertandtly kills himself and family in the car - maybe he is in such pain or grief or confusion (just as happens when youre still alive) that he finds himself unable to move forward (just as can happen in real life). maybe hes living in a fantasy world. or maybe hes afraid of being judged by his god or others for this tragic error that he hides from moving forward in life. maybe more realistically its a child that doesnt understand whats going on or where they should go. surely there are plenty of lost confused living children today. maybe its a spouse or a mother wanting to wait for their children but afraid of all theyll miss if they were to cross over.maybe spirits think they wont be able to finish their business or get msgs across to dear ones when they cross over...anyway im rambling here...

i think as human beings we are put on this earthly realm to develop our sense of compassion and love to a higher degree...for all things...just not those we deem fitting....because i, personally, in my rarely humble opinions, believe it is the way of the universe and as nature/the great spirit/ and our higher selfs intended it.

so my personal creed is that love is the spirit of my life and light is a gift and my personal great covenant is to dwell with others in peace to seek the truth in love and to remember always to help one another. its pretty simple and it may be a head in the clouds philosophy but it works for me and im totally down with that lol.

anyway i find myself way off track.

whatever is ones reality might not be anothers - does this carry on for us past death? theres really no answer because even if when we die and find out for ourselves its still our peronal journey with nuances and vast differences both from any other person. all we have to go off is our own personal reality. in mine, and really most ppl who came live with me for awhile lol, spirits of many kinds and different levels exist and i enjoy living with them peacefully as i view our "residents" as family too. its always easier to prove something does exist than to prove nonexistence. in any field. but no one ever said proving it would be easy. and this thread is not intended to prove either.
either way, as everyone else i have my own personal beliefs...and am lucky enough to have peace of mind over themflowerforyou

bohemianbugeater's photo
Sun 09/12/10 09:03 PM

ive been trying to unravel the mysteries behind this organization for some time now i always get drawn back to the principles of alchemy though several historic figures were alchemist and masons.
examples are issac newton, gallileo, lastly john dee altough i cant find much evidence of his involvement with the masons.

From research I did many years ago as I tried to trace some family backgroud.

The link between Freemasons, the Knights Templar, and illuminati, and thus to alchemy is generally thought to stem from the occultism which was thriving in Germany in the late 1800's.

Freemasons have always been a private group or 'lodge' - the membership is actually called the lodge as opposed to the building they meet in. It was the nature of their privacy that opened the door for cults in Germany to adopt their name and then 'let out' their 'secrets'.

Of course the cults were not letting out secrets, they were letting out rumors of mysticism and alchemy and ancient heroics and so on.
It also helped their cause to make public the names of some well-known characters, who really were Freemasons. It's unfortunate that those names are now connected with the stories of Knights Templar and illuminatia and such.

The following is from research I did for history class.

The society of Freemasons is not, in reality linked to any of those things. Although a guild of Free Masons existed in Egypt, they were not related to the Freemasons that stretch back to the 1600's. The Egyptian masons really were Stone Masons and they were elites, very well paid and sought out.

They formed their guild to assure their continued success and their status and that of their Sons. It was a society of secrets becasue in keeping their secrets and sharing them only with each other, they and their sons had a secure future.

Since there is little known about how the Freemasons(from about 1600's)came into being, and also because they use several similar symbols as the Eqyptian masons, it has been conjectured that some link exists between them.

Not having kept up on the latest historical research (several new books in the last few years)I cannot say if any links have been discovered or how conclusive they might be.

The following is what I've learned from family.

My Great-grandparends came to America from Germany in the early 1900's with thier children (and more were born here). Both men were German Freemasons, and joined other lodges when they came here. My Grandfathers were also Freemasons and my Grandmothers belonged to the one of the female versions - The Eastern Star.

All of them, Great-grands & grands were Lutheran as well. There was no conflict at that time between their faith and Freemasons because the only (religious) mandate of Freemasons was a 'Declaration of belief in a Deity' no further explanation or discussion just the belief.

According to what my Grandfather told me (I was quite young), the lodge was a social group which supported individual growth through philosophy, arts and charity. Of course they had their secret order of progression, supposedly it was secret because it was only through personal growth that an individual could really come to understand the next order (level). That knowledge could not be given it had to be experienced.

The women were all about social and charitable work. Neither group ever discussed religion or politics - other than how events might effct the lodge or its work (which was growth and charitable work).

That's it, about all I know - well other than what I've read, which all seems to connect pretty well with what family members have told me.

Enjoy your research.

what part of the country did your grandparents move to? my family also came over slightly before yours (though more came later- around the same time as yours) and established themselves in the Texas hill country. i too ran across interesting material when researching my family histories.

@unloved:
as far as my understanding of masons secrets go...its not really smoke and mirror secrets, but as stated above , a charitable fraternity whose rites have heavy symbolism and are very private. as far as i know the only true secrets are their handshakes and passwords so that a legitimate mason can always identify another legitimate mason and what masonic path hes travelling on for instance if he belongs to the york rite or scottish rite and what degree of mason he is.. im sure there are a few more than that but really thats the crux of it secretwise. however, members are discouraged from sharing masonic secrets with anyone outside of the lodge. masonic symbols are everywhere in our everyday life so really if you do the research yourself(which i find fairly overwhelming sometimes), or become a knowledge scavenger like myself (lol), you can find many of your answers there. of course, too, you can always apply to join a lodge and find out first hand.
of course since i myself am not a mason i may be wrong.

here are some orders i have researched that i have found to have masonic ties or are masons themselves:
the stone masons of above. in fact many places of worship and courthosues worldwide have these same masonic symbols on them as many of the guild of stone masons were hired to build them. these same symbols occur frequently in freemasonry as well.

the golden order of the dawn (or the golden dawn - same people who have a great interest in the tarot)

knights templar (who also have a tarot set that is both rare and very expensive but with some powerful symbolism within it)

the rosicrucians (i tend to misspell that a lot - this is a separate branch and not a branch of the free masons but rather a group who supposedly believes in a form of mystical christianity and though this is highly arguable i tend see a lot of catholicism background in them - i think they do insist on a belief in god by their definition of god)

then theres:
scottish rite
york rite
shriners
(which are all part of the mason family)
eastern stars are the womens fraternity so to speak
daughters of job/jobs daughters and rainbow girls is the branch for young girls and ladies
the order of the arrow in boyscouts is masonic
DeMolay are young boys (up to 18 i think) - which is masonic and also does a lot of support work with the boy scouts.

i think the free masons have some roots that date back to the essenes and know a few masons who support that theory.

in a select few lodges in europe women may be elected into the lodges (though it is not very common) however stateside the lodges are solely male, separating the females into the above organizations.

i probably repeated a lot fo stuff here but what can you do

i think the egyptian background of masonry (and also the egyptian background of alchemy) is really cool and i love to dally around with that kind of information if you ever want to chat

bohemianbugeater's photo
Sun 09/12/10 08:10 PM

hi i hope you can help....im engaged to be married to the love of my life, but i want to sleep with a girl??am i crazy????xx

are you asking someone specifically or in general?

bohemianbugeater's photo
Sun 09/12/10 07:56 PM
im actually taking a class with a psychic who works for the police up here to help me awaken my abilities more and taking a workshop on ghosts and entities as well. the atmosphere in my house has calmed down a lot.

bohemianbugeater's photo
Sun 09/12/10 07:53 PM

The spirit should be able to find a point of light probably on the horizon (maybe not). Just tell it to look for the point of light and start walking toward it. I have limited experience with this but this was the technique we used.

this worked really well. i took it a step further and ended up singing them into the light. we could all feel it working.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25