Community > Posts By > iya1964

iya1964's photo
Thu 01/08/09 04:31 PM
Anyone remember the episode "Blink" ? I like that episode a lot. After that, looking at those angel statues creeps me out.

iya1964's photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:16 PM

Which companion do you like best?

I like Rose and and definitely Donna. I like the way she interact with the Doctor .Such a smart***

iya1964's photo
Tue 01/06/09 07:01 PM
I've waited for so long. I've had to hook up my old PC to my bed room TV so i can stream Netflix. I just finish setting up my old mac mini to my living room TV. I used wireless first and it was sooooooo slooooow. Had to run 200 ft. ethernet cable to the living room and now it works great.

iya1964's photo
Sun 01/04/09 03:04 PM
I also use both, but i started on a mac. Macs are definitely more expensive, although maintenance is much easier than a PC. Please consider buying the extended warranty fro Apple if you do decide to go for a mac, Repairs are expensive and turn around are usually fast. I am probably lucky because i never had a problem with apple support and turn around with my laptops are 3 to 5 days max. There are a lot of software that are available in this OS. Check out if a software is hybrid- meaning it will run in both PC and Mac. Popular tax software are exactly that- hybrids. As for virus, PC are definitely more prone but since Mac started using intel chips, thus making it run PC too, it is also becoming a target. Although i think i only dealt with viruses in a mac OS twice since i started using them in the early 80's. Hope this helps a little bit. Also, one plus is that with a mac, it is easier for the newbies and kids to navigate it.

iya1964's photo
Sun 01/04/09 02:48 PM

I have an iMac. It's old in computer years (1999 or 2000 or so). Anyway, I'm not the worlds most computer literate person. I have several issues that I don't know where to go for answers or who to ask.

We have an Epson Stylus C82 as our printer. This thing sucks the ink like a car with an oil leak (have one of these also). Is there a printer (does NOT have to be color) that is more economical when it comes to ink? Haven't been able to print because it says the "yellow" catridge is out even though I'm trying to print in black....another $60 plus.......BS

Also, this computer came with a MAC OS 9 operating system & a MAC OS X. The OS X doesn't recognize the Stylus printer (OS 9 miraculously did) and when I tried to put in the CD that has the Stylus' specifications, the OS X says it can't read it or recognize it or something like that. Very frustrating, but to be honest, it's been over a year since I tried and I really can't remember the specifics (screen and warnings) of why it rejected the process of printer introduction. I just know it did.

Suggestions? I don't feel confident in Best Buy/Geek squad, but is the a service that's resonably priced that could answer my problems?

Make sure you have the printer driver for the C82 printer installed when you run MacOS X. They have a specific one just for that version of operating system. Check out this site:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=14417&infoType=Downloads

As with the printer sucking ink, that's the norm with inkjet printers. Those are throw-aways. Sometimes its cheaper to buy a new one if its on sale. You also have to consider how much printing you do and if color prints are a must. If you can find a good deal, get a laser printer, monochrome or colored. In the long run it will be cheaper. I was lucky to find a discontinued model HP colored laser printer at Staples for 175.00 and got the 3 year warranty for 35.00 more. I ran it through my ethernet switch and then through my airport basestation. So now i can print from anywhere in the apartment. Hope this helps.

iya1964's photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:21 PM

I went to Catholic school for 12 years...scared

Me too! In the Philippines! Now, everytime i see those movies that have three nuns floating in the air, it gives me goosebumps.

iya1964's photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:14 PM
To live and love without being afraid. Been trying to that for so long and I still have to remind myself often.:smile:

iya1964's photo
Sun 12/28/08 07:31 PM
Nintendo-

galaga
space invaders

iya1964's photo
Sun 12/28/08 07:21 PM
I had a lot of mashed potato leftovers. Made it into potato pancakes the next morning for breakfast. Everyone ate it so now i have to make some more for New Year's. My kids want the leftover again.:smile:

iya1964's photo
Sun 12/28/08 07:13 PM
Edited by iya1964 on Sun 12/28/08 07:16 PM
Crab Rangoon

cream cheese
crab meat
garlic powder
water chestnuts (optional- for crunch)
wonton wrappers

Can be fried in advance.

My mom loves these. For my kids, they like cheese and chocolate fondues.

iya1964's photo
Wed 11/12/08 11:10 AM
I don't. I like men that smells good, not just cologne good. I like the natural clean smell. Doesn't matter if a guy looks cute to me but if i do not like his smell, forget it.

iya1964's photo
Tue 11/11/08 04:17 PM
Love Dr. Who. I heard that David will not be coming back in the next season. I really like him too. Torchwood is good too.