Community > Posts By > Thomas3474

Thomas3474's photo
Sat 01/15/11 12:38 AM

Interesting development!

What are your thoughts about women serving in combat units?

While I was in the Navy I was talking to a Navy seal once about women in combat and his thoughts about it.He said you can capture a soldier,burn him,beat him,torture him and he won't say a word.He said all you have to do to get information out of a female soldier is tie her to a chair and threaten to cut all of her hair off and she will tell you anything you want to hear.

On top of them being soft and cracking easy under pressure,if they were captured they would be raped probably hundreds of times.I don't think the American public would like to hear of female soldiers that were captured that were being raped on a daily basis.Leave the combat to the men.Women are not cut out for it.That is why in boot camp women do half of the physical requirements men do.

Thomas3474's photo
Sat 01/15/11 12:29 AM

Doctors announced that they're "confident" in the progress made in the recovery of injured Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.

Dr. Michael Lemole, the neurosurgeon treating the Arizona lawmaker, said they "couldn't have hoped for any better improvement."

"We're confident she's making some progress now," Lemole said at a press briefing regarding the health of victims of the shooting in Tucson, Ariz.,. "She is beginning to carry out more complex sequences of events, of activities, in response to our commands -- or even spontaneously."

Lemole said that Giffords, who was shot in the head, is opening her eyes more frequently and moving on her own volition.

Doctors say she took a major step forward yesterday when she opened her eyes on her own. The 40-year-old Arizona politician also moved both legs and arms and is responding to friends and family, according to doctor Peter Rhee, head of trauma surgery at the University Medical Center at Tucson.

Rhee, on Friday, said that there would be no further press briefings unless there is a major change in patient conditions.

Also announced was the release of 65-year-old Ron Barber, an aide to the congresswoman, who was injured during the shooting.

Barber --who was shot in the leg, face and neck -- made headlines for directing intern Daniel Hernandez to stay with the congresswoman immediately after the shooting, which many have said helped save her life.

Barber's daughter, Jenny Douglas, told reporters Barber was able to take a few steps with his walker before leaving the hospital early Friday. He was unable to attend the press conference because he was at the funeral of U.S. District Judge John Roll, one of the six killed in the attack.

"There are so many people at UNC who have given us support … everyone of them has had a profound impact on the well being of myself and my family," Douglas --speaking for her father -- told the assembled crowds at Kiewit Auditorium in the hospital.

Giffords has pleased doctors with her speedy recovery since getting shot in the head last Saturday by crazed gunman Jared Loughner in a shooting that left six dead and 13 injured.

It's too early to tell the extent of damage Giffords suffered, but experts say it's rare for people with gunshot wounds to the head to regain all of their abilities.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/14/doctors-expected-good-news-giffords-recovery/#

This makes me happy! I am also glad to see her friends from Congress taking some time off to be there at the hospital helping out.

Also another plus is if she makes a full recovery, that will be the biggest punishment and blow to her attacker. :banana:

I pray for her everyday.God bless that woman drinker

Thomas3474's photo
Sat 01/15/11 12:26 AM

Heard on the news last night about a couple that were blessed with Twin boys through the IVF program. When hearing they were having boys, they "chose" to abort.......why ? Because they wanted a girl......a girl because they wanted to "replace" the little girl whose life was lost recently.

Can anyone justify that for me, or am I from a diffrent fricken planetwhat what what

This is cold blooded murder.If they get more boys are they just going to keep killing out of convenience?This is a sad world when people treat human life as nothing more than human garbage.This woman represents the ultimate in disgust,and she should be on trial for murder.

Thomas3474's photo
Thu 01/13/11 11:07 PM

A middle aged man in Washington state just won the megamillions...he and one other person. It was worth over 300 million. This man got on TV and said that the money belongs to God, it's all going to his church for any needed repairs the church may have.
Seems to me that half of that money (even after taxes) would better serve gods people by feeding them than sitting in a bank waiting for the church to need a new roof.

Yes, we should all give back, can people be forced to share...no.

I have been saying for years instead of having this 300 million dollar jackpot,they should just make 300 people 1 million dollar winners.Even if it was only 20 million a week that is still 20 people every week becoming millionaires.This would spread to the entire community all over America since you would have more winners and more people giving money to friends and family.

Thomas3474's photo
Thu 01/13/11 07:42 PM
Was 7 below zero here last night with out wind chill.All week long it was averaging 10-20 degrees even in the day time.Living in Colorado I wish global warming was a reality.Nothing like getting up at 5am to go to a car that has just as much frost on the inside of the windows as it does on the outside.Global warming can park its big fat butt right on my state and sit there permanently.I welcome 80 degree winters with open arms.

Thomas3474's photo
Thu 01/13/11 07:34 PM

Thomas 3474 wrote ".I don't think giving 10% to God is unreasonable."
and that really is my question....how does the $$ end up in God's hands ????

I agree with charity and helping people, actually wouldn't more people be helped if the $$ didn't go to religion....buildings, church bank accounts, support the Vatican etc... and just....help people directly ???

Thomas 3474 also wrote "God does say what you give will be multiplied many times over." As you know Joel Osteen makes around 80 million dollars each year conveying this message that God is honor bound and duty bound to return the favor.

Thomas, I appreciate what you wrote and I think it is exemplary for what many would write....

As we non-believers say "just be good for goodness sake"

We all know it doesn't go into Gods hands.But we also know what we are giving in going to be used for Gods will.It will be used first and foremost to keep the lights and heat on in the church,helping the poor,helping the homeless,world wide missionaries,etc.In other words what ever it is going to we can rest assured it is going to a good cause that is biblically correct and something that would make God happy.

The answer to your second question in no it wouldn't.I have a member in my church that was at one time a powerful drug kingpin.He said he had bricks of cash in every room,a endless supply of women,and was snorting cocaine like Al pachino in Scarface.He said his life was totally empty and meaningless.He said only after he gave his life to Christ did he for the first time feel set free and happy.

In reality I think the majority of people would give anything to find inner peace,feel loved no matter who they are or what they have done,be forgiven for their past wrong doings,have true friends and a purpose in life,know where they go when they die,and know that someone is always looking out for them and caring for them.

Money can't do any of that for you but Christianity can.When people lose their father or mother you think giving them a hand full of cash will make them feel better?I don't.But telling them that their mother or father is in paradise where they will never feel sorrow and will never grow old will.

Christianity is the only religion that has millions of people from all walks of life all over the world that can claim it has changed their lives dramatically.From prostitutes,drug addicts,kings and queens,suicide survivors,Atheists,and everyone else you can think of they can tell you that Christianity saved their lives.You will never read "I was suicidal and Atheism saved my life".You will never read "I was in jail shooting a needle in my vain on the verge of a overdose but Buddhism saved my life".

Christianity is also the only religion that can perform healing right before your eyes.Millions of people all over the world are healed from everything from deafness,blindness,paralysis,and other problems.

You and others probably have no idea how much the churches help the world.Churches run probably all the orphanages,pretty sure all the food banks,and probably all the homeless shelters.Churches will give you a place to live if you lose your house,money to pay the rent and bills,and will take care of your children all free of charge.Churches run clinics to get people off of drugs and alcohol,and offer homes to battered and abused women.

Christian ministries feed starving children around the world,send doctors to poor villages for free medical care,build houses and schools,and do many other things with out one penny from our Government or ask for anything in return.No other religion or Government comes close to doing even 1/10th the Christians are doing.During hurricane Katrina the people who said they got the most help was from the churches.

Joel Osteen and others who makes millions are few and far between.The majority of pastors only make a average wage if that.You must remember many people loyal to the church often leave their house and property to the church.So if you have a mega church with 30,000 members that is a lot of money coming in.Is it unreasonable to live the life of a millionaire if you have $60,000,000 coming into your church every year?Not at all.It would seem ridiculous if the pastor of that church was driving up in a pinto and talking in old blue jeans and a white t-shirt.The bible says you reap what you sow.

Thomas3474's photo
Thu 01/13/11 06:48 PM

When do you become master of your own fate? I ask this question because I find it interesting that the meanist life, the poorest existence, is attributed to God's will, but as human beings become more affluent,as their living stadndard and style begain to ascend the material scale, God descends the scale of respondibility at a commensurate speed.

Your always master of your own fate.Even a 4 or 5 years old you have a general idea of what is right or wrong and the consequences of your actions.You have your own opinion on what you believe and who you follow.Even if you were locked up in jail and someone was sayi

God's will has nothing to do with peoples will.You can do what ever you want, anytime you want,for any reason you want.One thing you will never read in the newspaper is how God stopped a man or woman from doing what they wanted to do.Your entire life from birth to death will not be interfered in any way by God.You alone are responsible for your actions and how your life will turn out.

So I really don't understand what you are getting at.I don't think anyone rich or poor will tell you that God was there making decisions for them.I firmly believe that God will bless Christians rich or poor in many ways if you follow what he tells you as he said he would.But once again this is all comes down to your own personal actions and what decisions your are making.Atheist can be rich or poor by their actions.God does not bless them or punish them.

Thomas3474's photo
Thu 01/13/11 06:06 PM

A new survey of American voters shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources.
December 15, 2010 | Advertisement Yet another study has been released proving that watching Fox News is detrimental to your intelligence. World Public Opinion, a project managed by the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland, conducted a survey of American voters that shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources. What’s more, the study shows that greater exposure to Fox News increases misinformation.

So the more you watch, the less you know. Or to be precise, the more you think you know that is actually false. This study corroborates a previous PIPA study that focused on the Iraq war with similar results. And there was an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll that demonstrated the break with reality on the part of Fox viewers with regard to health care. The body of evidence that Fox News is nothing but a propaganda machine dedicated to lies is growing by the day.

In eight of the nine questions below, Fox News placed first in the percentage of those who were misinformed (they placed second in the question on TARP). That’s a pretty high batting average for journalistic fraud. Here is a list of what Fox News viewers believe that just aint so:

91 percent believe the stimulus legislation lost jobs
72 percent believe the health reform law will increase the deficit
72 percent believe the economy is getting worse
60 percent believe climate change is not occurring
49 percent believe income taxes have gone up
63 percent believe the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts
56 percent believe Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout
38 percent believe that most Republicans opposed TARP
63 percent believe Obama was not born in the U.S. (or that it is unclear)

The conclusion is inescapable. Fox News is deliberately misinforming its viewers and it is doing so for a reason. Every issue above is one in which the Republican Party had a vested interest. The GOP benefited from the ignorance that Fox News helped to proliferate. The results were apparent in the election last month as voters based their decisions on demonstrably false information fed to them by Fox News.

By the way, the rest of the media was not blameless. CNN and the broadcast network news operations fared only slightly better in many cases. Even MSNBC, which had the best record of accurately informing viewers, has a ways to go before it can brag about it.

The conclusions in this study need to be disseminated as broadly as possible. Fox’s competitors need to report these results and produce ad campaigns featuring them. Newspapers and magazines need to publish the study across the country. This is big news and it is critical that the nation be advised that a major news enterprise is poisoning their minds.

This is not an isolated review of Fox’s performance. It has been corroborated time and time again. The fact that Fox News is so blatantly dishonest, and the effects of that dishonesty have become ingrained in an electorate that has been been purposefully deceived, needs to be made known to every American. Our democracy cannot function if voters are making choices based on lies. We have the evidence that Fox is tilting the scales and we must now make certain its corporate owners do not get away with it.

Mark Howard is an artist and author and the publisher of News Corpse.
http://www.alternet.org/media/149193/study_confirms_that_fox_news_makes_you_stupid

You know what else makes you stupid?Posting articles from extreme left websites and expecting the rest of us to believe it at fact.laugh

Nothing to see here folks...move along,move along.

Thomas3474's photo
Wed 01/12/11 05:24 PM

LOL

and glock sales are on the rise since the incident.

So now we have more crazies with glocks.

They saw how effective it was.

And with all their visions of pleasing their hate gods like Limbaugh or Sarah in their heads and their new glock to make it easier. Yehawwwww

Glocks have a tendency to jam I don't really like them much......and I agree with Fanta I always load with hollow points when defending myself

Glocks suck!That is one of the most worthless guns I have ever come across.The only think Glocks are good for is paperweights.

I prefer a good Ruger or Smith and wesson.

Thomas3474's photo
Wed 01/12/11 05:21 PM

Bruce Lee could kill someone with his bare hands.

The moral of the story here is that if someone is intent on killing, they are going to do it with whatever means they see fit to do it.

But the left wants to punish all gun owners because of this guys actions.

They want to blame it on Sarah Palin.
They want to blame it on the Tea Party.
They want to blame it on everything under the sun...EXCEPT FOR THE GUY HIMSELF!!

What a concept!Blaming the person who committed the shooting!

I remember when I was growing up serial killers and murders would take pride in the fact that they carried out the plan,they were responsible,and they enjoyed the killing and would have kept killing had they not be caught.Now when people kill they automatically blame the system,are totally innocent,and believe they should be set free.

Thomas3474's photo
Wed 01/12/11 05:14 PM
I think you should join Westbourgh baptist church because you both exploit tragedies for the sole purpose of division and hatred.You both take all responsibility from the person committing the crime and put it on the shoulders of someone you despise.You are both ignorant of the facts and wallow in misery and bad news.

Westbourgh is welcoming you with open arms!

Thomas3474's photo
Wed 01/12/11 02:23 PM

WASHINGTON — It's a tie: Last year equaled 2005 as the warmest year on record, government climate experts reported Wednesday.

The average worldwide temperature was 1.12 degrees Fahrenheit (0.62 degree Celsius) above normal last year. That's the same as six years ago, the National Climatic Data Center announced.

Climate experts have become increasingly concerned about rising global temperatures over the last century. Most atmospheric scientists attribute the change to gases released into the air by industrial processes and gasoline-burning engines.

In addition, the Global Historical Climatology Network said Wednesday that last year was the wettest on record. Rain and snowfall patterns varied greatly around the world.

"The warmth this year reinforces the notion that we are seeing climate change," said David Easterling, chief of scientific services at the climatic data center. Nine of the 10 warmest years on record have occurred since 2000, he noted. The exception was 1998, which is the third warmest year on record going back to 1880.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/12/hottest-year-on-record-20_n_808109.html

Nobody cares about this global warming crap anyone.Even Al gore could care less since his cash cow dried up.Give it a rest.

As usual you don't need to do anymore than a minute of research to question your statistics.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/national/2008/ann

State of the Climate
National Overview
Annual 2008
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
National Climatic Data Center

National Temperatures
Based on data through the end of 2008, the contiguous U.S. experienced a nationally averaged temperature that was the coolest in more than ten years. The average temperature of 53.0°F (11.7°C) was 0.2°F (0.1°C) above the 20th century (1901-2000) mean.

Thomas3474's photo
Wed 01/12/11 02:11 PM
You know all you are doing by brining up this blame game towards Palin is making yourselves look bad.Everyone can see that Palin had nothing to do with this.Everyone knows this idiot was planning this years before the Tea party was even a movement.

The fact that the right has remained civil and not tried to exploit this tragedy only gives them all more respect.People will remember who is pointing fingers and who is trying to blame people and make them look bad for no reason.I feel sorry for Palin and many others on both sides of the issue share my same feelings.Palin doesn't deserve this treatment and she shouldn't be the scapegoat for something she didn't have anything to do with.

Let the left and the usual people on this site keep up their stupidity and hatred.Any news station,newspaper,or other media outlet that keeps blaming people only to slander them will have more falling ratings,less public opinion,less popularity,and less association with the General public.

Nothing they are doing is helping this issue it is only causing more grief.The left should follow the example on of the right and remain silent and respectful instead of pointing fingers and calling people insults.

Thomas3474's photo
Wed 01/12/11 12:44 PM

We have been subjected to the hatemongering and fearmongering for so damn long, well since Obama started campaigning, how could we not all see the connection?

And we have all seen the unbalanced come out in droves because of Obama and all the hatemongering and fearmongering.

I have actually seen those I thought to be mentally competent go completely outer space on me because a black man was going to be president. They lost their minds.

Of course the Dems got lumped into the hatemongering over the president so they were deserving of the same fate.

And there you have it. Hatemongering and fearmongering allowed to create a volatile environment.

Who's spreading the hatemongering and fearmonering? oops Seems to me you are doing a fine job spreading the hate and fear.

Yes indeed there you have it and that is only on the first page.

Fox News: The No. 1 Name in Murder Fantasies

The Wrath of Fools: An Open Letter to the Far Right

5 Reasons That The AZ Shooter Jared Loughner Is A Teabagger

Thomas3474's photo
Tue 01/11/11 10:39 PM

Not only is Socialism a left idea, it is a bad idea.

Yeah I would say it's a pretty bad idea.

Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, 62 million deaths, 1917-'87
People's Republic of China, 35 million deahts, 1949-'87;
Germany under the National Socialist German Workers’ Party,21 million, 1933-'45.

Thomas3474's photo
Tue 01/11/11 10:30 PM

Did I hurt your little feelings?

Why don't you post what I said that was sexist, so that everyone can see. Or maybe you just want to cry about it...

Sarcasm and satire completely miss you, huh? I blame the public school system.

In this medium, I never assume that people are trying to be sarcastic. There is no way that I can see facial expressions or hear tone of voice; therefore, unless I "know" someone, I take what they say at face value.

And while what you said might have been sarcastic, it wasn't satirical.

I have read several of your posts. You do not write in a clear, logical manner that expresses your exact intents. Knowing this, I tend even more to take what you say at face value; I am certainly not going to dig for your meaning.

I also find it interesting that while saying I wrote an ad hominem attack on you in another forum, you find it perfectly acceptable for you to actually launch ad hominem attacks on me--personally directed at me and not a larger, general group.

Your continued, personal, vitriolic statements do let me know that I have hit you hard.

Jesus would be proud of you there, boy. In fact, I bet he is sitting up in heaven, laughing his *** off. I wager he even has a scoreboard, and is keeping a tally of how many times you zing me.

Matthew 5:38-40
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

I don't see in this passage where it says, "Come back at them hard, and be sure to use sarcasm and insult them." Oh, but you are human, aren't you? And humans make mistakes. (That is sarcasm.)

Abracadabra wrote:
Is it typical of Christians to go around insulting people?

Is this type of behavior supported by Christianity or Jesus?

Abracadabra, I find insults from Christians to fly quite freely in these forums, and usually, they throw the first stone. I cannot fathom how they can take the command to be "Christlike" and yet be so insulting. I suppose that they think they are chasing the money lenders from the Temple.

Your not too observant are you?Were casting the first stone huh?Maybe you should look at the hundreds of topics started and see which group is throwing stones.

Christians just like anyone else has the right to defend their religion which is attacked 24/7 in here.Maybe you and others should try being in our shoes for a month and see how you like the lies,insults,attacks,and hypocritical statements made towards you.

Thomas3474's photo
Tue 01/11/11 10:19 PM

Today, the self-proclaimed "church" posted this statement on their website:

(NOTE: This statement is republished as-is from the group's website.)

DAY #2 OF “THANK GOD FOR THE SHOOTER” – 6 DEAD! WBC WILL PICKET THEIR FUNERALS.

The 9-year-old girl was born 9/11/01! “Hear ye the rod, and who hath appointed it,” Mic. 6:9. God mercifully gave this nation a fair warning on 9/11 – but you despise His mercies, so you get no more mercy – man, woman or child. That’s how God the Avenger rolls!

That child was not innocent. This is a nation of depraved perverts who pass their children through the fire of their rage against God & all-consuming lust. From the womb, she was taught to hate God & mock His servants. That child is better off dead, so the cup of her iniquity will not overflow! Rep. Giffords passed laws trying to keep WBC watchers off the street corners. In repayment, God sent the shooter when she took to a street corner! The blood of the 9-year-old is on Rep. Giffords’ hands! This nation rejoiced & your officials were ho-hum when a violent veteran stalked 5 WBC picketers with 90 rounds of ammunition. In repayment, God sent the shooter with 90 rounds of ammunition & killed your federal judge, your child, & others. Now let’s see if you’re so ho-hum in the face of God’s wrath! The blood of these six dead is on your hands rebellious doomed-america! God’s judgments are so righteous & marvelous in our sight!

THANK GOD FOR HIS RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENTS!

These guys make me sick.

Sounds like the words of Satan.I wonder what they will say about the killing of the Federal judge who went to Catholic mass on a daily basis?Wonder what they will say about the other man who worked for the church as a handyman?

Westbourgh is Satan in the flesh.God does not want anyone to die for their sins or does he want anyone to go to Hell.Trying to find justification for killing a innocent 9 year old girl is evil to the core.

God does get pissed and one day Westbourgh will feel his wrath.All he has to do is take his protecting hand off of them and let Satan have his way.

Thomas3474's photo
Tue 01/11/11 10:04 PM
I place the blame on the parents.From what I have read he had a shrine in his back yard with a human skull on a alter.If that doesn't raise red flags I don't know what does.

Thomas3474's photo
Tue 01/11/11 08:37 PM
If I lived in that town I would throw rotten eggs at them,bags of dog doo,water balloons filled with pee,and any other vile thing I could think of.I doubt this would be anything but a misdemeanor if caught but would clear those idiots out of there in a hurry.

Have a few hundred people doing that and I will help pay for supplies.

Thomas3474's photo
Tue 01/11/11 08:31 PM

Very funny,

What personal gain do I get for the man being a tea partier?noway

Back to the article.

The facts are the facts the man was the mold for the tea party goers.

Well, i just read a lot of facts saying he wasn't a tea party type. Yet you ignore those and you ignore my original question because you know how it makes this entire post seem pointless. You should run for office. Politicians also ignore everything that isnt relevant to their point of view.

I agree and I think it was disrespectful to even start this topic in the first place.I'm getting sick to my stomach people wanting to keep blaming this side or that side despite all that is known now.

I posted the facts from both his own words,his actions,his witnesses,and his thoughts and beliefs.You don't want to believe what I posted then do the research yourself and prove me wrong.

The more I debate the usual people in here the more I feel I need to take a shower.It's a sad,sad,person that sits on his or her computer just waiting for a mass murder so they can come here and exploit someones misery by saying this group or that group is who we should point the finger at.Seriously get a life!I also know of a certain person who probably jumped for joy at the news and couldn't get to her computer fast enough to see if the persons religion was a Christian.I'm glad he wasn't so I wouldn't have to read his name for the next 6 months every time she felt the need to slander Christianity.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25