Community > Posts By > Ekho

Ekho's photo
Sun 11/23/08 01:01 PM

I was married with 5 step kids not my own... I earned the stripes the HARD way to have strong opinions in that area...

...been there, done that... I already know it sucks completely.

Then you are doing something wrong because with love and good parenting skills it should have been a blast. You don't go in and start issueing directives with kids who don't have to obey you or even be nice to you. Have to earn their trust and co-operatin. Then you work on respect and performance not dictateing how they are to fit your mold. .

How 'bout this then chief. I DO have a clue. I was married to a woman with 4 kids by three different fathers. I earned the kids trust, respect and love by caring for them, not barking AT them. Unfortunatly, thier mother and I didn't manage to last, but that wasn't due to anything the kdis did. When she and I split, I would have gladly taken the kids with me, and did in fact, pick them up and spend time with them for months after she and I seperated and subsequently divorced. Great Experiance? Not completely, but not completely horrible either. Relationships are equal parts what you put in, and what you get from.

Ekho's photo
Sun 11/23/08 12:55 PM

Is there a clear acrylic coating that will harden & be smooth like glass? (Want to put it over a mosaic piece in a tray...)

My ex g/f sprays her paintings with an acrylic spray that is clear when it dries.

I don't remember what it's called but you can get it at just about any art supply store. I think Wal Mart carries it too.

Reviving and old question: There is typical "ClearAcryl", made by several manufacturors under different names, that dries thin and clear over flat media or painted surfaces. For Mosiac, you probably want 2 part mixed liquid acrylic. It can be poured over uneven surfaces and built up to smooth it out, and will usually self level. If youve ever been to a restaurant with inlays carved into the tables, and a hard, clear surface over it, thats what this stuff does. Any decent craft or hobby store should have it in small amounts, and be able to order larger amounts.
Try to make sure it has some UV rating though, or it will yellow over time.

Sorry.. I work with it sometimes making replica props.
Now Back To Your Regularly Scheduled JustAGuy progamming...
glasses

Ekho's photo
Sun 11/23/08 11:27 AM
Edited by Ekho on Sun 11/23/08 11:34 AM
Ordering only a salad, then asking for / taking constant "small" bites of my dinner. I don't mind sharing, but if you're hungry, order a meal.

(addition) I'm NOT one of those guys that has an issue with a woman having an apetite. I'd prefer someone be "well fed" and happy to dieting and bordering on homicidal, or me starving because half my dinner made its way across the table.

Ekho's photo
Sat 11/22/08 05:36 PM
"Sleepin' single in a double bed..."

Ekho's photo
Sat 11/22/08 05:33 PM
Bring her Mother along...

Talk about her previous fellahs "unit"

Chatter endlessly about all 20 of her cats.

Just a few I thought of off the top of my head. Feel free to amend as needed. :wink:

Ekho's photo
Sun 11/16/08 01:00 PM
And, one lunch break later.. Hola Y'all.

glasses

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25