Community > Posts By > Want2B5ft

Want2B5ft's photo
Thu 05/07/09 04:01 PM

I usually hit the parade on Friday night. I'm sure I and the boys will try to do something on Saturday too. The concert sounds like a good time... might go to that. [/quote}

I was thinking about the parade Friday, too. It you catch the concert on Saturday, let me know how it was. Keep an eye open for my daughter, she will be there in the crowd somewhere ... and ask her for that picture...LOL For some reason, I can't get her to send it to me.

I miss the balloon launches. We used to really enjoy those. Even went up once.
How cool is that?!? Did you enjoy it?
I miss the balloon launches, too. My sister had some friends that were balloon chasers and she would go along with them for the River Fest.

Want2B5ft's photo
Thu 05/07/09 03:54 PM

The Vagabond is a coffee shop by morning,bar at night, kind of place. It's pretty small, a nice&quiet kind-of place. It's just west of the clocktower in Delano district. It's my usual stop after dropping the kid off at school(West high). 3 cups of joe and I'm buzzen all day!

Interesting. I just googled it and checked out the myspace page and some of the reviews.

Want2B5ft's photo
Thu 05/07/09 08:08 AM
flowerforyou :banana: flowerforyou :banana: flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 05/06/09 10:28 PM

I'll proly be hangin out at the Vagabond on most nights. Do they have any good events this year?

So what is the Vagabond? I have never heard of it

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 05/06/09 10:25 PM

I might go Saturday night. I'm pretty psyched about it because I have never gone to the River Festival. I have heard many great things about it. I am taking my young daughter since I have her this weekend. I hope she will enjoy it.

Loverboy is in concert on Saturday night. I sooooo wanted to go, but I have to work. I was hoping my days off would have changed before now. The new clerk is still getting trained so we are on weird days until she gets fully trained so we can have shift coverage.

I hope you have a great time Saturday and that the weather is beautiful for your first experience there. Enjoy :smile:

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 05/06/09 12:36 PM
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 05/06/09 12:35 PM
Anyone going? Why or why not? What are your favorites that keep you coming back?

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 05/06/09 12:32 PM
Yes. He got nasty and rude when I told him that I don't want to communicate with married men. No other explanation needed.

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 05/06/09 11:02 AM

depends on the mingler laugh

Soooo true! laugh

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 05/06/09 05:54 AM

that my heart adamantly is against...

brokenheart

no reply needed or necessary... just need to write. Anything from having to go to bed and dream.

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 05/05/09 10:24 PM

have you ever went. to the movies alone..what

dear mingle...

i have a confession and im goin to the movies alone.. smokin

first time ever, true story.. :banana:

You have guts! :wink: I have been wanting to go to a movie forever it seems, just can't muster going by myself. It is on my list of things that I want to accomplish, though. Right up there with going to a restaurant and dining alone. I order take out instead.

I'm proud of you. bigsmile

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 05/05/09 10:13 PM

I did embarrass a cop this week.

I went into a small store. I parked my car next to a van that had a baby in it. The baby was crying loudly. I looked in. The windows were open and nobody was in the van.

I went into the store and told the cashier that there's a baby alone in a van out there and it's crying. The man ahead of me glanced at me and said that it was his. He looked down. I looked at him and said, "That's just wrong." He flew out of there.

The cashier told me that he was a police officer that comes in regularly.shocked

rant explode

OHHHH not good! noway noway noway

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 05/05/09 10:13 PM
:laughing: Yep, cops are people, too. I work with them every day and it has sure helped me to see that they are human, too.

As far as embarassing them...yep, every chance I get and they reciprocate. LOL

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 05/05/09 10:10 AM

I was going into work last night and there was an older man sitting on one of the benches outside. It was shift change so a lot of people coming and going.

I noticed him sitting by himself and he was looking kind of lonely and out of place. I smiled at him and said, "Hi, how are you today?"
He just looked at me with a big smile and spark in his eye and said, "You are the first person to walk through here with any kind of spice in her life! Thank you for saying hi and I hope your spice lasts the rest of the day."

It is the little things that make people smile and validate their existence.

Sometimes its just a hello......flowerforyou

Good Morning Gypsy. Welcome Back flowerforyou
Good morning and thank you for honouring my existance!!bigsmile flowerforyou drinker

You were missed! flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 05/05/09 10:05 AM

we require that you convert to pastafarianism in order to participate in the forums.

rofl You crack me up! rofl

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 05/05/09 10:05 AM
Welcome Stony. flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 05/05/09 10:02 AM

I was going into work last night and there was an older man sitting on one of the benches outside. It was shift change so a lot of people coming and going.

I noticed him sitting by himself and he was looking kind of lonely and out of place. I smiled at him and said, "Hi, how are you today?"
He just looked at me with a big smile and spark in his eye and said, "You are the first person to walk through here with any kind of spice in her life! Thank you for saying hi and I hope your spice lasts the rest of the day."

Sometimes its just a hello......flowerforyou

Good Morning Gypsy. Welcome Back flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 05/05/09 10:01 AM

i like to give kindness, but I don't like to boast about it...

I didn't take it as a reason to boast, just answered the question. I took his question to be -

Have you been presented with situations that someone you know or a stranger needed something and you embraced the opportunity unselfishly without thinking of potential consequences and lent a hand, or did you pass it by thinking someone else will take care of it? Answers will say a lot about a person's character.

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 05/05/09 09:49 AM
Edited by Want2B5ft on Tue 05/05/09 09:50 AM

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 05/05/09 09:25 AM
"Did you ever want to hit "yes" on every one of them just to see what happens? "I have done that ha
flowerforyou