Community > Posts By > Want2B5ft

Want2B5ft's photo
Mon 07/06/09 09:25 PM

I was in Wichita for the weekend but didn't catch the fireworks...did anyone see them? Were they good?

Nope, wasn't here. I ended up getting a default invite to Mulvane and went there. Had a great time!

Want2B5ft's photo
Mon 07/06/09 12:39 PM

If I were trying to date myself I'd have to get a restraining order. 500ft minimum. And we could only meet in public places.

laugh laugh Call me, I can set you up with a PFA/PFS!laugh laugh

Want2B5ft's photo
Mon 07/06/09 12:30 PM
I have hazel eyes that change color with what I wear.

Want2B5ft's photo
Sun 07/05/09 11:51 PM

Other than the so-called "normal" ways of meeting people...what other venues have you tried? The newspaper? Phone chat lines? Speed dating? UGH!...blind dates?

What has been your best solution to dealing with the dating game?

I haven't dated in 26 yrs. I have no idea how to meet people my age or roundabouts. I started online and have been getting an education through the forums. So far, this is the only avenue I have tried.

Can you point me to Dating for Dummies or mating Dating 101?

Want2B5ft's photo
Sun 07/05/09 11:45 PM

I behaved myself under a direct threat to "behave myself" from my Mom, step Dad and step brother.

So I went in (after a very long, detailed, somewhat heated conversation with my Mother on butting out), was completely sociable, polite, etc, until... his repeated interrupting a conversation Mom and I were having, because he felt that his need to be "served properly" (in my Mother's home) was more important that any conversation we could possibly be having. And that if I wanted to have a successful relationship with a man, that I should curb my tongue and "snap to it".

This was AFTER having butted into a conversation I was having (in another room) with my brother about my current job that I'm having difficulties with. He stated that he firmly believes that a woman's place is at home and not "playing around and mucking up" the workforce with sentiment and maternity leave. And that his future wife will know her place in the home as the mother of his children and the keeper of HIS home.

Heh... he's still alive only because I didn't want to shed blood in front of the kiddos that were present. Although, it was suggested that they go outside and play just before I verbally filleted the jacka$$.

I honestly at first thought the guy was joking. It was that over the top. Thankfully, my step Dad was laying down when the worst of it came down because he has a very bad heart and should not be upset, so he didn't have to deal with him. I think he might have shot the guy on the spot if he had been awake.

All in all, I think Mom has learned her lesson. bigsmile

all i can say is wow.flowerforyou

double wow - hope she thinks twice about doing that again! geesh!

Want2B5ft's photo
Sun 07/05/09 11:44 PM

My Mom set me up... and after behaving myself for a little while, I verbally filleted the SOB. bigsmile

Was wondering how it went!

Want2B5ft's photo
Sun 07/05/09 11:41 PM
love Where's gayfifer?!?!love

Want2B5ft's photo
Sat 07/04/09 11:40 AM
flowerforyou Happy Birthday AuburnGirlflowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Sat 07/04/09 11:36 AM
My plans fizzled! My first holiday off and I am alone. Geesh!

Want2B5ft's photo
Fri 07/03/09 07:03 AM
flowerforyou Jill, Indigo & Michiganmanflowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Thu 07/02/09 12:38 PM
love Stealth mode, Baby, goes both ways! love

Stealth is the only way to fly!

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 07/01/09 09:57 PM

I have given this careful consideration and made the decision to come back after a short respite. I won't post a new topic to say hello as that would be even more silly (sillier?). I have friends and conversation that I have missed.

WooHoo! Welcome Back - we missed you, too ! flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 07/01/09 02:11 AM
My daughter made dinner. It was shrimp w/marinara sauce served over acini de pepe and sprinkled w/mozzarella.

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 07/01/09 01:39 AM
Dogs barking and kids playing outside never bothered me until I started working 2nd shift. My apartment faces the playground. I'm looking into finding some ear plugs - the whole pillow over my head is not working and I am afraid I might suffocate myself. :wink:

Want2B5ft's photo
Wed 07/01/09 01:29 AM

:heart: If you think missing me is hard, then you should try missing you:heart:

:cry: brokenheart :cry: brokenheart :cry:

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 06/30/09 10:25 PM
OMG ya think !?!

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 06/30/09 10:17 PM
Love the pic. Thanks for sharing. It is great to see pics of Mingler together. flowerforyou

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 06/30/09 10:13 PM

frustrated

What's wrong?

Ooops! Having a bad day! Thanks for asking. blushing

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 06/30/09 09:58 PM
My favorite has always been Peter Pan. Creamy and crunchy, both. But since they brought it back after their big shut down, it just doesn't taste the same. I am putting Jif on the grocery list. I will give it a try.

I like peanut butter on toasted wheat bread with polish dill pickles on top with a cold glass of milk.

Want2B5ft's photo
Tue 06/30/09 07:43 AM
frustrated

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25