no photo
Fri 11/14/08 02:59 PM
I LOVE THAT WORD "Halfrican"

no photo
Fri 11/14/08 02:37 PM

Portland students want to rename school after Obama

07:53 AM PST on Thursday, November 13, 2008

By KGW Staff

PORTLAND -- Students are trying to get a Portland school renamed after President-elect Barack Obama.

Portland Public Schools was already in the process of renaming the school currently known as “Clark K-8 at Binnsmead School” and a naming committee is working on a list of suggestions that the public will eventually vote on.

But after the November election, some of the students got the idea to throw Obama’s name into the ring.

Do you think it would be appropriate to name a Portland school after President-elect Barack Obama?

A couple of people have e-mailed the school, suggesting it be named after the new American leader and Willamette Week was even reporting that students at the school were heard chanting Obama’s name one day, and filling out forms to get his name of the voting list.

No word on exactly when the official vote will happen or what other names are up for consideration.

The school is located at 2225 SE 87th Avenue, in Portland.

YES,YES,YES, About 3 weeks after he's sworn in. Now find out about naming a school after someone that is still alive. THE PERSON HAS TO BE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 11:38 AM

Humm mysteriousMAN angry, dressed up like a soldier and still angry about Bill getting some head?

Maybe you should consider getting some too. It might help you relax a little. Maybe feel a little less angry?

rofl rofl rofl
NOT FORM YOU,I DO BEAUTIFUL WOMEN. THATS WAY I HAVE BOTH OF MY ARMS.
YOU KNOW, YOU GO OUT AND VOTED FOR OBAMA, THEN THE FIRST THING YOU DO IS SAY THAT HE'LL HAVE SEX THE FIRST THING HE DOSE. AT LEAST I'M NOT GOING TO VOTE FOR SOMEONE THEN PUT HIM DOWN. SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE DEMOCRATE

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 11:31 AM

Humm mysteriousMAN angry, dressed up like a soldier and still angry about Bill getting some head?

Maybe you should consider getting some too. It might help you relax a little. Maybe feel a little less angry?

rofl rofl rofl
NOT FORM YOU,I DO BEAUTIFUL WOMEN. THATS WAY I HAVE BOTH OF MY ARMS.

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 11:23 AM
YOU KNOW SOMETHING,THE ONLY TWO PRESIDENTS THAT I HAVE HEARD OF HAVEING SEX IN OFFICE WERE JFK AND SLICK WILLY, BOTH DEMOCRATES

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 11:20 AM

No they are not in the military themselves. And to prove this point look at this little known fact. the President holds two offices by technicality: Commander-in-chief (which yes is the commander of the armed forces, but it is ONLY during peace time, and certain times of war or actions) and also commander-of-homeland (lack of better term), where they are in command of all our homeland issues, such as medical, finances, etc.
In the military, the highest ranking officer for the army is a four star general, normally. However in war time- the commander in chief is authorized, and capable of appointing a fifth star to the highest ranking four star general, thus making him the highest rank. This fifth star general then takes over the office of commander in chief (yes, he takes over the position of commander in chief), in specific regards to the war and everything to do with the conflict. The President has this authority specifically because he (or she) is unable to fully perform his job properly if he has to figure out tactics and such, while still looking at the civil side of the country. It is also there for those who have less experience, or none in the military.

And for all of you who argue that our president should have been int he military, look back inhistory and see howmany really ever were inthe military to begin with. I dont know the numbers but I will bet they are larger than you could imagine. And most of them were not in major leadership positions while they WERE in service either.

I was waiting for someone to say that. BUT YES HE IS. The president hold the HIGHEST MILITARY POSTION OF THE LAND. There for YES it is my business

I guess that's one way of looking at it. But, technically speaking he isn't in the military, he's as much of a private citizen as anyone else. However, don't I recall (sorry, too lazy to go back and reread) you saying you weren't in the military? Therefore, if I'm correct, again, I fail to see where it's any of your business. I'm I'm mistaken, I apologize.
IF YOU HOLD THE HIGHEST MILITARY POSTION THEN YES YOU ARE "IN THE MILITARY". THATS WHY THEIR MILITARY RECORD COMES IN TO PLAY. sLICK WILLY AND OBAMA WERE NOT IN THE MILITARY AND THAT FACT CAME UP. SO YES THEY ARE NOT ABOVE ANYONE ELSE IN THE MILITARY. THEY NEED TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE

WHEN YOU WERE IN THE ARMY DIDDN'T YOU EVER HEAR OF 'LEAD BY EXAMPLE"

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 11:15 AM

IF YOU HOLD THE HIGHEST MILITARY POSTION THEN YES YOU ARE "IN THE MILITARY". THATS WHY THEIR MILITARY RECORD COMES IN TO PLAY. sLICK WILLY AND OBAMA WERE NOT IN THE MILITARY AND THAT FACT CAME UP. SO YES THEY ARE NOT ABOVE ANYONE ELSE IN THE MILITARY. THEY NEED TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE

You can quit shouting at me, s'il vous plait. I have been very polite to you, even if I disagree with your point of view. People can disagree, you know. How boring would the world be if we all held the exact same point of view. But, shouting and yelling at people to try to get them to agree with you is pointless, in case you haven't figured that out yet. All it does is alienate people and when that happens, you tend to get ignored. It doesn't matter whether you have a valid point of view or not.

So, on that note, I am ending my participation in this conversation, not because I can't defend my point of view but because I choose not to engage in an uncivilized "conversation."
USING CAPS IS NOT SHOUTING. BUT SINCE YOU FOND OUT YOU WERE WRONG I GUESS YOU HAD TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK CORRECT. HOWEVER YOU'RE NOT.

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 10:19 AM

I was waiting for someone to say that. BUT YES HE IS. The president hold the HIGHEST MILITARY POSTION OF THE LAND. There for YES it is my business

I guess that's one way of looking at it. But, technically speaking he isn't in the military, he's as much of a private citizen as anyone else. However, don't I recall (sorry, too lazy to go back and reread) you saying you weren't in the military? Therefore, if I'm correct, again, I fail to see where it's any of your business. I'm I'm mistaken, I apologize.

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 10:13 AM
Why do you think Slick Willy was in such HOT WATER for his blow jobs

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 10:08 AM

Have sex in the oval office devil pitchfork laugh
It better be with his wife

I would think that would be a private issue between him and his wife flowerforyou
IT'S NOT A PRIVATE ISSUE. In the military you can be discharged for having an affair with anyone.

Well, this isn't the military, thankfully. I'm sorry to disagree but while sleeping with someone other than his wife is a matter between husband and wife only. If it doesn't interfere with the running of the country, it's none of my business or yours who he ****s or where or when

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 09:56 AM

I would think that would be a private issue between him and his wife flowerforyou
IT'S NOT A PRIVATE ISSUE. In the military you can be discharged for having an affair with anyone.

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 09:49 AM

Look at Ted Stevens, u can be a convicted Felon and serve in Government, but u cant vote? That really really doesnt make any sense!

You can vote as a felon!!!!!!!

frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

not when i read up on it...
IS THAT HOW OBAMA WON!!!!!!!!!BECAUSE OF THE FELONS CAN VOTE !!!!!!!!frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 09:17 AM

ok you are not in the service, I apologize for mistakingly believing you were. After all I should have been intelligent enough to know that you were not in the service even though you are dressed in the Army infantry uniform, and your back drop appears to be of you searching a house.

However, as far as what I have said about taxes, I am absolutely correct.

ok, someone needs their nap time,obviously.
Iam not saying money is not made by spending it. however, the money "my boss" makes doe snot do a damn thing for the country, if no taxes are paid. It's taxes that pay for our roads to be maintained; it's taxes that pay for our children to have an education through highschool. It is my taxes and my bosses taxes, and my brothers taxes, etc etc etc that pay your base pay, along with your combat pay, seperation pay, housing allowance (assuming you have dependants here, I am sorry if you dont). W also pay your cost of living allowance if you are stationed somewhere where it is deemed to be a higher cost of living that you get paid normally (like Germany).

So let's see, we stop paying our taxes, so that we have more money in our pockets to buy things with. That leaves you and your family with nothing, it leaves us with no roads to speak of, it make sour education system even worse than it already is. Do I need to continue?

I am not saying all taxes need to be raises, and I am sure some could be lowered. The number one hting though is we need to ge the country on a damn get, and work within that budget. We need to look at what we have available, increase/decrease as neccesary, and then prioritize what is actually important and what isn't. In my mind it would not hurt to lower some of the government employees wages. The overglorified seceratary that takes home over 20 dollars an hour for example, simply because she takes notes for the mayor, instead of for a lawyer. Both are secerataries, both should be paid approximately the same wage.

These are, obviously just examples, there are a hell of a lot more things taxes go for, and a lot that they should not go for. But saying no to taxes is only going to cut our own throat in the end.

The first thing he will do is RAISE TAXES frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated rant rant rant

Some taxes probably NEED to be raised. how do you think the country is going to be ran and cared for if we do not provide the money needed to do so?
The first thing a democrate wants to do is raise taxes. You haven't got a clue. THE MORE MONEY YOU HAVE IN YOUR POCKET THE MORE [YOU] SPEND. THE MORE [YOU] SPEND THE MORE JOBS THERE ARE. IF YOU STOP SPENDING THEN COMPANYS WILL NOT SELL THEIR PRODUCTS THEN THEY HAVE TO LAY OFF. OR HAVEN'T YOU EVER THOUGHT OF HOW THE COMPANY THAT YOU WORK FOR MAKES THEIR MONEY. TALK TO YOUR BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said you don't have a clue. I am not in the service. You do not pay anything for me and I do pay TAXES.

No you're not!!!!!!!!! I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NOT PAYING TAXES. I SAID HE WILL RAISE TAXES!!!!!!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW. Oh and that is NOT an ARMY INFANTRY UNIFORM.

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 09:09 AM

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 09:07 AM

The first thing he will do is RAISE TAXES frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated rant rant rant

Some taxes probably NEED to be raised. how do you think the country is going to be ran and cared for if we do not provide the money needed to do so?
The first thing a democrate wants to do is raise taxes. You haven't got a clue. THE MORE MONEY YOU HAVE IN YOUR POCKET THE MORE [YOU] SPEND. THE MORE [YOU] SPEND THE MORE JOBS THERE ARE. IF YOU STOP SPENDING THEN COMPANYS WILL NOT SELL THEIR PRODUCTS THEN THEY HAVE TO LAY OFF. OR HAVEN'T YOU EVER THOUGHT OF HOW THE COMPANY THAT YOU WORK FOR MAKES THEIR MONEY. TALK TO YOUR BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im getting layed off because of this tragic event myself
Don't feel so bad I just got laid off last week, I had a job with the City. I lost my chance for my pension by 2 years.
geeze sorry buddy! nice m-4 by the way
Thanks thats a CAR-15, and NOT a colt.

no photo
Wed 11/05/08 09:06 AM

ok, someone needs their nap time,obviously.
Iam not saying money is not made by spending it. however, the money "my boss" makes doe snot do a damn thing for the country, if no taxes are paid. It's taxes that pay for our roads to be maintained; it's taxes that pay for our children to have an education through highschool. It is my taxes and my bosses taxes, and my brothers taxes, etc etc etc that pay your base pay, along with your combat pay, seperation pay, housing allowance (assuming you have dependants here, I am sorry if you dont). W also pay your cost of living allowance if you are stationed somewhere where it is deemed to be a higher cost of living that you get paid normally (like Germany).

So let's see, we stop paying our taxes, so that we have more money in our pockets to buy things with. That leaves you and your family with nothing, it leaves us with no roads to speak of, it make sour education system even worse than it already is. Do I need to continue?

I am not saying all taxes need to be raises, and I am sure some could be lowered. The number one hting though is we need to ge the country on a damn get, and work within that budget. We need to look at what we have available, increase/decrease as neccesary, and then prioritize what is actually important and what isn't. In my mind it would not hurt to lower some of the government employees wages. The overglorified seceratary that takes home over 20 dollars an hour for example, simply because she takes notes for the mayor, instead of for a lawyer. Both are secerataries, both should be paid approximately the same wage.

These are, obviously just examples, there are a hell of a lot more things taxes go for, and a lot that they should not go for. But saying no to taxes is only going to cut our own throat in the end.

Like I said you don't have a clue. I am not in the service. You do not pay anything for me and I do pay TAXES.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15