Community > Posts By > GummiBear

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 10:51 PM

ahhh.
i love that song.
sex and candy is an aaamazing combination.
haha.

Never tried that before *jots down an idea for future fun*

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 10:45 PM
LOL I was going to break out in "I want Candy!"

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 10:39 PM

Wow I am totally lost in this thread now...sad2 go away for a few hours and it expands too muchshades

That's typically the case, but for this thread, I think the topic has changed about five different times already.

Sorry you have studying to do Bhernandez

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 10:34 PM
Hoping tonight will not be boring! :banana:

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 09:55 PM
Gotta give the thumbs up to Cowboy again on that one :thumbsup:

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 09:54 PM

being an atheist has the greatest reward,when you die theres no disappointment,meaning i wasnt expecting to go to heaven or hell cause neither exist

Oh no, here we go again...lol

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 09:29 PM
<---------- NOT in bed! hahahahahahahahahahahah

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 09:26 PM
Abra,
what is your definition of "righteous" anyway? And on another note, if Jesus was a monster, then why did He sacrifice Himself for us?

He certainly didn't have to. He chose to because we could not save ourselves!

Don't you see that? God has given us every opportunity in the world to be saved and forgiven! He even sacrificed Himself for us to live! That is why it's so sad when people dismiss that! The only thing God didn't do, and rightly so, was just ignore people's sin altogether and pretend it didn't exist.

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 09:15 PM

============================================
The idea of a jealous God who solves all his problems using violent methods, and the only way to win his LOVE is to accept that he had his only begotten son nailed to a pole for your sake is just plain SICK
============================================

Our father doesn't solve his problems through violent methods. The only way to show an emotion is through an action. Otherwise it's only by word of mouth, and that leaves room for lying thus sacrifice is used to show your love for God. Thus accepting Jesus as lord and saviour is accepting the "sacrifice" he gave for us all......... his life, going through the pain of the cross, his entire life. That's what it's about, it's about the son of God willingly SACRIFICING himself for us.

Very true Cowboy. And you are right about your other post, actions speak louder than words. Sadly I admit I am not the best representative of a Christian. I get angry, and I am not perfect. People have this point of view that Christians are perfect or think they are. That's so not true. You will find people of every belief who think they are perfect, but a true Christian knows they are not.

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 09:12 PM
Abracadabra,
you can't really think that God did not create us all can you? Or this earth? You really think we just popped out of a big bang??? Science can't explain everything.

Can it explain why very sick and dying people are healed and even when doctors cannot explain it?

no. we are not alone here.

And I am curious, what are your beliefs anyway, other than that you don't believe in Christianity?

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 09:02 PM

If you are so convinced that his opinion is "ignorant" or "wrong" then why do you keep arguing it with him? What do you care what he believes? Is it your purpose in life to "rehabilitate" those who don't agree with your point of view?

It's a religion discussion forum. If it bothers you to see people discussing religions fables then why are you bothering to read this forum?

Religious proselytizers would love for everyone who makes any sense to just disappear get out of their way so they can brainwash more people. I understand that. But why should I stand by and allow that to happen? I enjoy pointing out the fallacies in this horrible religion.

If you are so much "smarter" than the rest of us, then why are you "lowering your standards" to speak with any of us?

I don't recall ever saying or implying any such thing. But if this is your opinion of me, I thank you for the compliment.

The knowledge of what science actually knows is available to anyone. If you would like to know what genetitists know you too can learn of these things.

In fact, there are good video lectures offered by "The Teaching Company" look them up. You can get video lectures on just about any topic you're interested in.

I am trying very hard to respect you as a person, with a right to your opinion and free will, but you are making it very difficult for me.

Interesting, for someone so open-minded about religion and things of that nature, then why are you so single minded when it comes to Christianity.

And yes, this is a forum to discuss religious viewpoints. Key word there, discuss. Not debate. Isn't discussion "What do you think of this?" or "Why do you as a Christian/athiest/whatever believe in this?" Not "This is a horrible religion and my goal is to stop you from believing it." Why don't you let people decide if it's horrible for themselves?

At the end of the day, am I worried you'll get in the way of more believers? Am I concerned that you will turn others from Christianity? No, not at all. There is nothing you can do to thwart God's great plan. You will not stop Him from reaching people. Sorry to disappint you, but you don't dare possess any power even close to doing that!

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 08:43 PM

From your argument, it sounds as if you have encountered a person who has tried to force you into Christianity and if so, I am sorry. Nobody should ever take that approach to leading someone to truth. I would like to ask though, why is it you assume that all Christians are like the person you consider an attacker? We are all not the same person and Christianity as a whole did NOT do that to you, or anyone else. I am sure there are some over-zealous preachers and such out there, but you are judging all of us by these few people. I am not casting any stones. I am just saying that your belief system, however you acquired it, has misled you in the wrong direction.

I couldn't care less about what the 'followers' of this mythology think or believe. Why should I care about them? The mythology itself teaches this kind religious bigotry.

I reject the Biblical myth because they are utterly absurd, and clearly false. No more reason is required.

As far as making a religion out of it, I think history speaks for itself. People have clearly been extremely adversely affected by these horrible myths. Just look at the witch burnings that went on for hundreds of years in Europe all because people believe in the superstition that there is a Satan who buys people's souls. whoa

It's clearly a dangerous mythology. In fact, if you back-up and look at the big picture (not just the Christian spin-off), you can see that these Abrahamic mythologies continue to create religious hostilities right up to our present day. You have Jews and Muslims hating each others, and Christians and Muslism hating each other, all in the name of God. whoa

The poor atheists, and other spiritual people who believe in more loving spiritualistic have to live on this planet too. Why should we have to put up with all the Abrahamic religions calling each other names, and making trouble in the name of God. And they even point their fingers at us (us being atheists and non-Abrahamic people), and calling us "heathens" etc.

When is the hatred in the name of Jesus and/or God going to stop?

On a side note, what a sad and disturbing photo attempting humor.

I don't think there's anything funny about it at all. I think it depicts the absolute truth of reality. Christians constantly accuse other people of being "ungodly" for not believing that Jesus is God and that the Bible reprsents the "Word of God", and then they get all irate and offended when the non-believer tears the myth to shreds by pointing out how utterly absurd and ignorant it is.

I don't think the cartoon is funny. It simply portrays the truth of what Christians do. They act like it's an insult to them to disagree with them, all the while they are insulting everyone who they disagree with. whoa

Just shows you how blind and hypocritical they truly are.

Look at you. You just tried to do the very same thing. You just claim that all the non-believers must be in some sort of horrible emotional pain to not believe the ancient Hebrew fables. whoa

Insult the non-believers and then act like you can't understand why they have totally no respect for your views.

How exactly is believing in Christianity dangerous. Even if it was a myth (and do not misunderstand I am not saying it is because that is untrue) but even if it was, it gives people hope.

I am not insulting you by claiming non-believers are in emotional pain by not believing in God. I am saying that is my thoughts on why you all keep pressing the issues. So now you are saying that my beliefs insult you. Hmmm, well at least you have resorted to telling me in a slightly different way than before.

I'm not trying to force you into believing or say to respect the belief itself. I am saying respect the believer.

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 08:36 PM

The key is to remember that the Flood didn't have to cover the present Earth, but it did have to cover the pre-Flood Earth, and the Bible teaches that the Flood fully restructured the earth. "The world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished" (II Peter 3:6). It is gone forever. The earth of today was radically altered by that global event.

Well, if the Bible teaches that, then it's clearly false. Because geneticists have traced the evolution of mankind out of Africa and the entire story is told in the fossil records with no sign or evidence of any flood, especially one that would have been so profound that it would have fully restructured the Earth.

So if the Bible teaches what you claim, then you've just added to the list of why it cannot possibly be true.

All you seem to be doing it revealing just how ignorant you are of what our scientists actually know about the history of our planet.

Oh but none of the science on that particular thing is set in stone. Which is why they call it the "THEORY" of evolution upon many other "THEORIES". A theory is nothing more then an educated guess my friend.

YES! Thank you! On a side note, I read that you are evangelizing, I am so glad, it takes a lot of courage to do that! :)

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 08:33 PM

Hi ladies....what's happening in here?

Not much what's happening with you?

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 08:28 PM
Hey everybody! :) Finally got some sleep today!

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 08:26 PM
I'm back again, it's getting late. Possibilities are endless!

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 08:24 PM

The key is to remember that the Flood didn't have to cover the present Earth, but it did have to cover the pre-Flood Earth, and the Bible teaches that the Flood fully restructured the earth. "The world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished" (II Peter 3:6). It is gone forever. The earth of today was radically altered by that global event.

Well, if the Bible teaches that, then it's clearly false. Because geneticists have traced the evolution of mankind out of Africa and the entire story is told in the fossil records with no sign or evidence of any flood, especially one that would have been so profound that it would have fully restructured the Earth.

So if the Bible teaches what you claim, then you've just added to the list of why it cannot possibly be true.

All you seem to be doing it revealing just how ignorant you are of what our scientists actually know about the history of our planet.

If you are so convinced that his opinion is "ignorant" or "wrong" then why do you keep arguing it with him? What do you care what he believes? Is it your purpose in life to "rehabilitate" those who don't agree with your point of view? If you are so much "smarter" than the rest of us, then why are you "lowering your standards" to speak with any of us?

Once again, I see it as a cry for knowledge on your part. An inside cry for a sense of understanding what seems so scary to you because you can't just see it or touch, but rather you have to have faith in it.

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 08:15 PM
Edited by GummiBear on Tue 10/12/10 08:20 PM

You know what I find so interesting? For the most part, it is the same group of "nonbelievers" posting questions and thoughts on Christianity and its principles, in an attempt to "dissuade" us believers from our faith or "prove us wrong".

I wonder why you "nonbelivers" make this your goal. Perhaps it is because, deep down under the surface, you are all seeking to learn the truth about God because something in your lives is lacking. Because you are curious about Him and wonder why we can believe something that seems so impossible.

Ultimately, I think it's because you're struggling with things in your personal life and are seeking guidance and truth. My heart goes out to you all! How difficult it must be to be worried about your impending futures and so much more afraid to even admit it! I will pray for your guidance and understanding of God's truth and not the world's skewed perception of truth!

Oh please. You can't be serious.

The very simple fact of the matter is that Christianity is a highly proselytizing religion.

It's the Christians who are constantly trying to argue with everyone that the Bible is the "Word of God".

If Christianity wasn't such an ignorant and belligerent religion in he first place it wouldn't find itself in such a 'defensive' position.

I have no sympathy for any religion that is so arrogant that it insults everyone who refuses to believe in it.

When it comes to Christianity who's truly casting the FIRST stone?

Answer HONESTLY, if you can. flowerforyou

From your argument, it sounds as if you have encountered a person who has tried to force you into Christianity and if so, I am sorry. Nobody should ever take that approach to leading someone to truth. I would like to ask though, why is it you assume that all Christians are like the person you consider an attacker? We are all not the same person and Christianity as a whole did NOT do that to you, or anyone else. I am sure there are some over-zealous preachers and such out there, but you are judging all of us by these few people. I am not casting any stones. I am just saying that your belief system, however you acquired it, has misled you in the wrong direction.

On a side note, what a sad and disturbing photo attempting humor.

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 08:12 PM
Edited by GummiBear on Tue 10/12/10 08:18 PM

You know what I find so interesting? For the most part, it is the same group of "nonbelievers" posting questions and thoughts on Christianity and its principles, in an attempt to "dissuade" us believers from our faith or "prove us wrong".

I wonder why you "nonbelivers" make this your goal. Perhaps it is because, deep down under the surface, you are all seeking to learn the truth about God because something in your lives is lacking. Because you are curious about Him and wonder why we can believe something that seems so impossible.

Ultimately, I think it's because you're struggling with things in your personal life and are seeking guidance and truth. My heart goes out to you all! How difficult it must be to be worried about your impending futures and so much more afraid to even admit it! I will pray for your guidance and understanding of God's truth and not the world's skewed perception of truth!

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but since you can't read minds, you really can't know.

I've been through a few acute episodes of a serious illness that usually kills the sufferer, one of which gave me a near-death experience. When I was young, I used to have anxiety attacks so severe I sought treatment.

Since my illnesses and concommitant near-death experiences, I've enjoyed a peace I've never known before. I now KNOW there are worse things than dying. Although I wouldn't want to make a habit of it, I pretty calmly walked into surgery at John Hopkins about this time of the year six years ago and beat the odds.

Professionally, I'm at the top of my game, and I no longer feel a need to get into bad relationships just to avoid being alone. (Because you know what? We ALL die alone-- it's a very personal thing.) I live a pretty busy and full life and I have pretty much most of what I want and want what I have.

So, you're wrong. And please spare me your pity. Give it and your prayers to the kids whom your God gave terminal illnesses to without also giving them the power to understand.

As for my trying to convert Believers? Nope, I'm only telling anyone why *I* believe or don't believe they way I do, and I let it up to them to make up their own minds. Whatever they decide is cool with me.

-Kerry O.

Don't you understand why there are terminal illnesses and bad things in this world, because of sin, Sweetie. Perhaps those folks don't understand why they are suffering. I have no idea why some people suffer more than others on Earth. I do know that God has a grand plan in it all. I cannot make any of you see or understand that, but I know it exists nonetheless.

GummiBear's photo
Tue 10/12/10 04:43 PM

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25