Community > Posts By > BigGlenn

BigGlenn's photo
Tue 03/03/09 09:27 AM
Ask her if she knows how to gap a sparkplug.

BigGlenn's photo
Tue 03/03/09 09:05 AM
Your sandwhich is done.
bigsmile

BigGlenn's photo
Tue 03/03/09 09:03 AM
Diane Lane

She's got IT.

BigGlenn's photo
Tue 03/03/09 08:32 AM
It must mean you've just met me.
bigsmile

BigGlenn's photo
Fri 02/20/09 06:42 AM
Lilith,
I'm not a moron and I'm not thick. I understand yours and Sages point, but I have other feelings on the subject. I thought I'd explained it well enough.
frustrated was not necessary.
It's a shame that every conversation we've had seems to end this way.

BigGlenn's photo
Fri 02/20/09 06:39 AM
There was a time I confided in nobody. Now I have 2 or 3 close friends who've tought me to trust.

BigGlenn's photo
Fri 02/20/09 06:37 AM
I appreciate the thought, but I'm just going to have to talk to her and insist that the conversation stays between us. It's just a shame that I have to explain it to her.

BigGlenn's photo
Fri 02/20/09 06:34 AM

why men at their 40's or late 40's likes to talk so much about intimacy and sex?frustrated frustrated frustrated

Maybe it helps with our grammar.
slaphead

BigGlenn's photo
Fri 02/20/09 06:31 AM

Then don't tell them their mother asked.

Just bring up the topic in general and tell them it's not going to happen.

I have no intention of telling them. My fear is that she will.

You are missing Sage's point entirely. All kids fantasize about their mommy and daddy getting back together at some point. Having this conversation, [without saying mommy asked for us to get back together but I said no....] this is a useful and appropriate conversation to have.

We've had that conversation.
My point is that even though we've had it and they're basically understanding of the whole thing. I don't want their mother planting that seed in them for the sake of making me the villain.
And yes, I know my kids won't think of me as a villain, I just want that book closed for them.

BigGlenn's photo
Fri 02/20/09 06:24 AM

Then don't tell them their mother asked.

Just bring up the topic in general and tell them it's not going to happen.

I have no intention of telling them. My fear is that she will.

BigGlenn's photo
Fri 02/20/09 06:23 AM
I would welcome the children of the woman I was with as I would expect her to welcome mine. My kids would always have the top spot in my heart, but baggage? that's a woman who can expect a lonely old age.

BigGlenn's photo
Fri 02/20/09 06:20 AM

Kids aren't dumb, they know how things REALLYare/were.
Talk to them upfront, tell them "mom asked/mentioned....just don't think it would work for __________ reasons. any comments you guys want to make?

I was upfont with mine & he respected me for it.
He was in grade school, when I left.

Sage,
As always, well said. I know my kids are sharp and I encourage open conversation. I've just seen them cry too many times and I hope old wounds don't reopen.

BigGlenn's photo
Fri 02/20/09 06:09 AM
My biggest concern right now is that someday when one of the kids brings up the subject of us being a family again, She'd say " Well I tried but your dad said no."
She's not vindictive, But she doesn't think before she speaks. My kids have been through enough. They don't need to wrestle with that.

BigGlenn's photo
Fri 02/20/09 05:39 AM

Dating: X amount of dollars
Wedding/Marriage: X amount of a kabillion dollars
Kids: X amount of a kazillion dollars & more when they return home
Divorce: X amount of a megazillion dollars & a few pieces of property

Knowing in your soul you did the right thing:

PRICELESS

drinker

BigGlenn's photo
Fri 02/20/09 04:19 AM
Why do women base their next move on emotion rather than logic?

( bury me deep )

BigGlenn's photo
Fri 02/20/09 03:59 AM
Best movie quotes...

Leave the gun. Take the canoles.

Clamenza, The Godfather.

BigGlenn's photo
Fri 02/20/09 03:57 AM
My mind is made up with no question. I just threw thr subject out there 'cause I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's had this experience.

I appreciate all the kind words and support.

BigGlenn's photo
Wed 02/18/09 03:49 PM

I'm going through the same thing right now. He oesn't seem to get that it is over, and its been almost 3 years now. It is a little easier for me since there is distance but i don't talk to him either unless i need to. I am proud of you that have kept things civil though. the kids don't need to be hurt any more than they already have. You've done good!

Thank you. My family and friends tell me I should be proud. I just look at it as doing what you gotta do.

BigGlenn's photo
Wed 02/18/09 03:47 PM
If her girlfriend say, " yeah he does look like Carl."
You might be the rebound guy

Disclaimer: Carl is an arbitrary name.

BigGlenn's photo
Wed 02/18/09 03:43 PM
For me, I can put up with alot But not betrayal.

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25