Community > Posts By > KarlaMay

KarlaMay's photo
Sat 10/11/08 11:09 PM
Edited by KarlaMay on Sat 10/11/08 11:12 PM

Why do men have selective hearing?
we hear everything...we just make you think we're not listeninglaugh standing way over here in case she wants to inflict pain on melaugh
I am only teasing because it's too fun to pass on. flowerforyou

I got the wrong quote. Stupid new girl! slaphead

KarlaMay's photo
Sat 10/11/08 11:07 PM
Swimming with dolphins has always looked fun and fanciful to me.

KarlaMay's photo
Sat 10/11/08 11:05 PM

Why do men have selective hearing?
I know this one...it's so they don't have to hear the part where you're right. I believe that explains much of the posters confusion as well. happy

KarlaMay's photo
Sat 10/11/08 11:03 PM
I have been looking around at the options and if I remember right there is a deactivate option in settings.

KarlaMay's photo
Sat 10/11/08 11:02 PM
I don't understand the question.

Do you mean why are we always right?

KarlaMay's photo
Sat 10/11/08 10:59 PM
I'm having a wine cooler and watching the latest news...just to keep me anxious enough to not fall asleep yet, of course.

Who needs no doze with CNN these days...right? noway

KarlaMay's photo
Sat 10/11/08 10:43 PM
I would probably go to a group meet and greet near home.

KarlaMay's photo
Sat 10/11/08 10:33 PM
I hope your Mother, Aunts and sisters don't see this. oops

KarlaMay's photo
Sat 10/11/08 10:19 PM
slaphead

KarlaMay's photo
Sat 10/11/08 08:46 PM
Unless you have time invested with a company that offers a work from home program you can apply for, most of the work from home programs are internet scams. IMO

KarlaMay's photo
Fri 10/10/08 01:57 PM

I want to hear from everyone who says they don't judge and I want to know why you don't judge others....

I'm not going to judge you for your non-judgement.

I just want to know why you don't...

How often do you judge someone souly off they're looks?
Aren't we all here to be judged in a way?

Putting a pic up = judge me
Who wants to talk to me = judge me
Who wants to date me = judge me

KarlaMay's photo
Fri 10/10/08 01:51 PM

When people say they don't judge, what they really mean is that usually they're willing to let people live their lives how they see fit as long as it's not causing any harm.

I might say I don't judge people that smoke, even though I don't want to date a smoker. Obviously I made a judgement, but I didn't force that judgement on them.

What's funny is that many people that say they don't judge really believe they don't.
I agree with you. We all form opinions about others. Even if we don't vocalize them, they are still judgments all the same.

KarlaMay's photo
Fri 10/10/08 01:39 PM
I have a bad habit of judging people, but am always hopeful they'll prove me wrong. :tongue:

KarlaMay's photo
Fri 10/10/08 01:34 PM

Traditional dating is impossible with too much distance to gap. I don't imagine you can get to know someone well enough to move to them or ask them to move to you based on occasional get togethers and nightly phone calls. It's a formula for disaster if you ask me. ohwell

Agreed. Three formulas, three disasters for me. Don't really see the point in a fourth one. I'll stay right here and oogle the girl in the grocery store.

How about asking her out instead. flowerforyou

KarlaMay's photo
Fri 10/10/08 01:25 PM
Traditional dating is impossible with too much distance to gap. I don't imagine you can get to know someone well enough to move to them or ask them to move to you based on occasional get togethers and nightly phone calls. It's a formula for disaster if you ask me. ohwell

KarlaMay's photo
Fri 10/10/08 10:47 AM
Edited by KarlaMay on Fri 10/10/08 10:47 AM

Is it a "no no" to post professional photos online?

You've gotten some good advise here, but my personal opinon is that you post the pics YOU like, what you are comfortable with.

If I guy discounts you because he thinks your pic is fake then it's his lose. Like your words in your profile, your pictures reflect the person that you are...and you get to decide who that person is and what you want to share with others.

Bottom line ~ it's your call. If you really like that pic, go with it! Adding a few candid shots in your profile will take care of the whole thinking it's fake thing anyway.

Most important, just have fun!flowerforyou
I had a couple of other pics on my profile too...but I don't want to "lure" any fellas with the made up version, when I rarely look like that...unless I have hours to get ready for a picture of course. :thumbsup:

KarlaMay's photo
Fri 10/10/08 10:44 AM

I think most websites as long as you own the rights or it is copyright free image don't care.
I personally on another website have seen the whole gambit of pictures some people using their passport pictures to driver's license.
A glam shot if that is the only one of someone I also tend to shy a way from since I am thinking does he always look like that if so God help me he is not the one for me.
I figured when I posted mine I would just show me kind of like what you see is what you get.
I am still trying to find the rules on posting the avatar's that I see here. I would love to make one up and use it.
I think that would be true with anyone too. I like the professional pic...but the one I now changed it to is more in line with the everyday grungy me. laugh Keep it real right?

KarlaMay's photo
Fri 10/10/08 10:42 AM

Karla, welcome to the posting community... please stay and check out all the forums and threads and get to know us. flowerforyou
Thank you so much. flowerforyou

I was on Just Say Hi a while back for a couple of weeks, but that link refers me here now, so I'll give it a shot. \_/

KarlaMay's photo
Fri 10/10/08 10:35 AM

I like he ones dudes post of them and their dog. Professional ones.... Who does that?
Maybe just me...it's the only pic I actually like, so I wanted to use it.

You are a guy with a professional photo of yourself and your dog?
No...I'm sorry. I didn't realize you meant men with their dogs. I thought the second statement was in general. oops

KarlaMay's photo
Fri 10/10/08 10:34 AM

Professional pictures, 99% of the time, translate to FAKE. To the viewer.

FYI
Well, maybe I won't use it as my main pic then. ohwell