Community > Posts By > KarlaMay

KarlaMay's photo
Fri 10/31/08 03:26 PM
Thanks for the advice. This looks like the site I will be needing. flowerforyou

When are you going?

KarlaMay's photo
Fri 10/31/08 03:09 PM
I need advice from someone who has been to Saint Croix recently. I thought I would need a passport, but was told that a drivers license was all I will need. I sure don't want to get there and have trouble coming home....anyone know for sure from personal and recent experience?

KarlaMay's photo
Thu 10/30/08 02:29 PM
Sorry to hear it Lex. Can I call you Lex? flowerforyou

BTW, I was going to read your profile, and will get back to it when I have more vacation time. :banana:

KarlaMay's photo
Thu 10/30/08 02:22 PM

How do most of you envision this site working for you?

For instance, if you are looking for someone to begin a dating relationship with...

Do you meet online, spend time getting to know them and then move forward slowly to the point when you want to meet them?

Or do you send a few emails, have a couple of phone conversations and then meet right away to see if it's worth pursuing?

flowerforyou drinker flowerforyou Hi there Karla May flowerforyou drinker flowerforyou

drinker nice to see you Dear...drinker

bigsmile well, actually i have profiles on two sites bigsmile

drinker the other site has way more men close to where i live drinker

flowerforyou & i am in contact with quite a few men on the other site...flowerforyou

drinker narrowing it down to a workable number drinker

laugh of potential courters laugh

I actually met one nice guy on this site

but we are more friends than anything else...flowerforyou

the others i have had interest in flowerforyou

are much too far away frown

I do not like endlessly emailing ...noway

i like to talk on the phone drinker

& meet sooner than later ....:wink:

and if distance makes it impossible to connect....flowerforyou

Then...Next laugh laugh laugh laugh

Hello Rapunzel waving

I guess I'm thinking that I'm in no hurry, but most mailing me seem to be anxious to meet quickly. Frankly, I just don't have the time for it now and thought that it worked more slowly than that. It looks like everyone is different about their methodology.

KarlaMay's photo
Thu 10/30/08 02:18 PM

A friend of mine met someone on anoher site who didn't have a pic.
She painted a picture that she was good looking and constantly promised to send him a pic.
She never got around to doing that.
They talked on Instant messenger for some time and arranged to meet.
When they met, he said that the last time he had seen a face like hers, it was pulling Ben Hurs chariot. slaphead

Since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I asked him if he was going to see her again.
He said that they had continued to see each other on a regular basis, and they are now getting married in December. shocked :laughing:

So. You see folks. It isn't what's on the outside that matters. It's what comes from within that counts. :wink: :smile:

I considered not posting a pic, just so I would not attract people interested in only a certain look. I think people can get caught up in stereotypical dating habits. I was told I would not meet anyone if I indulged my thinking.

KarlaMay's photo
Thu 10/30/08 01:29 PM
How do most of you envision this site working for you?

For instance, if you are looking for someone to begin a dating relationship with...

Do you meet online, spend time getting to know them and then move forward slowly to the point when you want to meet them?

Or do you send a few emails, have a couple of phone conversations and then meet right away to see if it's worth pursuing?

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 12:07 PM
I would be Super Secretary, who fights irritable bosses with attitudes and bad memories. Like Wonderwoman, I would have a magic rope, but mine would make them remember that they never actually asked you to send that file...in fact they told you to wait on it and then THEY forgot. They would have to apologize and give their secretary a raise before I would untie them. laugh

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 12:02 PM

I don't know either person involved,according to warning there's a married person targeting single people just to get some action
If that is true, I would beat him at his own game...meet him and not give him any action. laugh

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 11:56 AM
seaworthy boat, fresh water, food

I'll be home before I miss anything else too badly. :tongue:

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 11:48 AM
I think anyone could say someone is a player if things did not work out the way they wanted it to. I think you should make your own judgment from your own experiences with the person if you ever have any.

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 11:43 AM
I don't think it's being rude or mean to politely tell them it's just not to your taste. Eat a little, so they know you made an effort to try the dish, but telling them it's good when you don't like it will only cause confusion down the road if they make it again and again. noway

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 11:32 AM
It would depend on whether I feared it would make me sick or not. sick

I would rather risk ruining a date by telling him I didn't care for the dish, than to ruin it by spending the rest of the evening sweating and hanging over the commode. noway

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 09:20 AM

mail: just thought I'd say hi

slaphead

Hi back.

mail: check me out and let me know if you like me

whoa

No thanks, I'm just here to post in the forums.

mail: your profile gives me a woody

ill
Block user

mail: do you wanna meet me? let me know.

spock
I don't know you. My mom told me not to talk to strangers.

JMO
I guess I need to cultivate a little more patience for this kind of thing. Email replies would not take so long if I didn't go back and forth so much as to what to say. Hopefully this will come with more experience as well.

Thanks so much for the tips. I did not come here to be rude or offend anyone, so I do want to respond. I just don't know what I'm doing yet. This helps a lot.

Thanks everyone! happy

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 09:14 AM

I am sorry you are overwhelmed with emails. I guess some of us aren't that lucky. I answer each and everyone of my emails. I may not do it the same day they come in but I answer them. I guess I am weird but if someone can take the time to write the least I can do is take the time to answer them.

I don't know make a disclaimer in your profile in bold I may not answer the email you send me.
Good luck

I was not referring to the amount of mail, but the limit time I get here. I suppose this would sound rather pompous if you took it that way. Sorry I did not clarify that better. flowerforyou

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 09:12 AM

i got a e-mail while ago,

that said call me so i can make it juicy,

with digits attached and all,

XXX-XXX-XXXX

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
That's what I'm talking about! embarassed
How do you respond to something like that? ohwell

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 09:10 AM

I have never failed to answer an email... it only takes a second and even to say no thanks is the best way to go JMO...and if no email...dang...no relationships or friendships...you can meet people in the forums, but very hard to sustain a relationship that way
I see your point, but the forums seem like a more relaxed atmosphere to start talking to someone. I just don't know how to respond and feel a bit in the corner when most email contact say things like...

mail: just thought I'd say hi

slaphead

mail: check me out and let me know if you like me

whoa

mail: your profile gives me a woody

ill

mail: do you wanna meet me? let me know.

spock

I do not know how to respond to these things. sad2

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 09:00 AM

i have answered both of the emails i have rec'd...
I'm sure you are joking. flowerforyou

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 09:00 AM

E-mail forums dictate that if you read them you should reply. JMO

Even if just to say see you in the forums.
I have answered those I have opened, since it seems rude not to. I'm wondering if the ones I haven't opened are all cussing me right now though...especially if they see me in the forums while their mail goes unread. oops

I think, see you in the forums is a good response when you don't know what to say. Thank you Lillith401. happy

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 08:55 AM
if I don't want to answer my emails?

I've found that I'm weary of opening emails already. Most of them make me feel put on the spot in one way or another. Does anyone else feel that pressure? The forums offer a variety and ease that I find myself drawn to.

Also, with the limited time I spend here, I would not get to participate in the forums if I spent my time answering mail.

Would it be rude to ask that 1st contact be in the forums? That way, we would already know if we think we have something to talk about. happy

What does email etiquette dictate?

KarlaMay's photo
Wed 10/22/08 08:44 AM
I like to think that's what most of us do now. NO? noway