Community > Posts By > roknroller

no photo
Sat 09/06/08 02:58 PM

Halloween Monster Mash is fun with a group!! I sing the Dracula part.
I Love This Bar
Low Places
Butterfly Kisses
Don't Take The Girl

I have done these and a few more.
Cool!!!

no photo
Sat 09/06/08 02:57 PM
Well we could go on and on with this. Untill I open my own karaoke club and make the 2 seperate rooms I guess I will continue to put up with the no talent schlubs who seem to dominate the room. It's a shame though that depending on the size of the crowd usually the average wait time is atleast an hour to sing a song. I may have to start paying these morons to just stay in the main bar and drink! Hey thats it!! I can weed out out the assholes by giving each one 5 dollars to stay off the karaoke stage and have them keep to themselves for the night out of my area! Thats the temporary solution!! jUST HAVE TO START SAVING UP!!!

no photo
Sat 09/06/08 02:51 PM

I'll go with artists that are still living.

Les Claypool - Bass & Vocals
Danny Carey - Drums
John Frusciante - Guitar & Vocals
Adam Jones - Guitar
Mike Patton - Vocals
**I know Claypool is from Primus but name the bands the other guys are in to know who's who as I have no idea.

no photo
Sat 09/06/08 02:48 PM

you're not french are you? :wink:
No , not french. American like you pal-

no photo
Sat 09/06/08 02:43 PM

Whether you can sing or not doesn't carry much weight at a Karaoke Bar. The whole point of people going is to have FUN!

It's kind of like when you go to a club to go dancing. There are people there that will not dance until they get a few drinks in them cause that's the only way they feel comfortable enough to do it.

Ever heard the expression "ten feet tall and bullet proof"? Well that's pretty much how it is. These guys or gals that get up there acting like fools as you call it, only end up looking that way because they were too scared to do it sober. So by the time they get enough alcohol in them and feel brave enough to finally do it, they are too drunk to care what they sound or look like.

And if you think you sound pretty good, then take a chance and try out at talent shows or heck, try out for American Idol. Simon will definitely tell you whether or not you should further your career in singing or just stay at the Karaoke Bar.JMHOflowerforyou
to me karaoke is a place to practice my singing in front of a crowd and give the people a good few minutes to enjoy. I am good, I'm not conceated. I dont mind people trying even if they are not great, my point is if you're a drunk ignorant ass who has no talent at all and you're just there to be obnoxious , don't waste everyone elses time. 2 rooms would be great! One for drunken morons who want to sing the asshole song and the other room for people who want to give it all they they got like the Alicia Keys singer a few posts up.

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 11:58 PM
I actually slap a big spoon of mayo on the pizza and cover it completely as that's the only way I will eat it, it drives everyone I know nuts! But truthfully it is really awesome!

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 11:56 PM

I think they should be within the past month or two. Even in a year you can change alot.

<------------------2 weeks agobigsmile
YES! THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 11:55 PM

<<<Taken yesterday, how's that for recent?laugh
Well , try again and this time look directly into the camera, no side views allowed!! lol!!

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 11:53 PM
I am cutting down a little though lately, but still must have my mayo fix each day though not as much as in the past!

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 11:51 PM
Edited by roknroller on Fri 09/05/08 11:52 PM
LOL!!!!!!!! I'm dead serious! I can't be the only mayo freak out there??

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 11:36 PM
If you love putting real Mayo on everything you may be my match! When it comes to Mayo it must be name brand quality not store brand! I put it in almost everything like on my mashed potatoes, beans, on steaks with ketchup, a big spoonful in my soup (any soup!) I prefer to take a heapin table spoon of it and enjoy it as if it were dessert! I love Mayo!!! Don't forget to add the butter as well to the mix!! Favorite snack: Beanie weenies with butter and extra mayo mixed in! And mashed potatoes with extra butter-mayo and ketchup with some jellied cranberry sauce in the bowl topped also with real mayo!! i'M SERIOUS!! YUMMMMMMMM Any ladies who could enjoy this let me know!!

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 11:26 PM

Do you agree that if you post a pic or pics of yourself on this site they should be within the past year? and not 5 years ago or more! It is more likely than not that alot of people put out an image that is not the current them as they may have gained alot of weight or whatever where the featured pics look nothing like them now. Considering alot of people know they may never really find a match in their area to pursue they most likely will keep posting the old pics I suppose. What's your view?
you should have one to ask that
I agree, I just took it down today to try and upload another recent one but I will try tomorrow as I'm having issues with my digital camera and computer.

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 11:20 PM
Do you agree that if you post a pic or pics of yourself on this site they should be within the past year? and not 5 years ago or more! It is more likely than not that alot of people put out an image that is not the current them as they may have gained alot of weight or whatever where the featured pics look nothing like them now. Considering alot of people know they may never really find a match in their area to pursue they most likely will keep posting the old pics I suppose. What's your view?

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 11:12 PM
OK, I must submit my second line up: Vocals: Chris Cornell of Soundgarden/Audioslave-1st guitar: Neal Schon of Journey-2nd guitar:Ed Van Halen-Bass:Geddy Lee of RUSH-Drums: Lars Ulrich of Metallica- Keyboard: Keith Emerson of ELP

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 05:42 PM
Here's a cool idea, create your own personalized all star band! Select a member or members from various bands you love to create the perfect fantasy band!! (Singer, lead guitar, rythym guitar, bassist, drummer, *keyboardist (optional) Here is mine: My band features Paul Stanley of KISS on lead vocals--Alex Lifeson of RUSH on lead guitar-Neil Peart of RUSH on drums-Bassist from KORN (dont know his name)-Kirk hammett of METALLICA on rythym guitar. Lets hear your ideas!

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 05:07 PM

Subdivisions
Resist
YYZ definately a great pick
Limelight

there are too many to pick top 3 for me.

I agree it's a tough question! It may be the hardest question you'll ever have to make! lol!

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 04:50 PM

So, a person isn't allowed to go up and have fun if he or she can't sing?
Have fun but if you are one of those morons who just wants to be pathetic and waste everyones time with foolishness, DONT DO IT.There should be 2 karaoke areas in each club: One for the drunken fools who slosh around and have no business attempting to sing and the other where people really want to entertain and be entertained by some talent! There should be a screener at every door weeding out the hacks from the gifted ones!

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 04:32 PM

I bought my first album in kindergarten. Hard Days Night

When my kids were little I sang them Beatles songs. One day my four year old came running into the kitchen and said,"Mommy they are playing your song on the radio!"

I went up stairs and Rocky Raccoon was playing.

If you are a Beatles fan and want to check out something neat there's a great movie called "Time Bandits" Geo. Harrison was a producer on the film. It's entertaining and family friendly.

Yeah. I remember that movie and George did a great job producing. Also if you get a chance check out the dvd "Two of us" from a few years ago the true story of John's meeting with Paul in NY in the 70's where they got together for the first time as friends during the Wings over America tour when Paul was in NY. Great movie that really will touch your heart as the two were about to go on SNL in 75 together as a spur of the moment thing when the show as asking for a Beatles reunion ,but it was ruined when Yoko called John right when the two Beatles were going to head out of John's apartment to hop a cab to the NBC studio. What might have been, ahh!Check it out!

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 04:25 PM

If you want to edit, you go and find the post and click edit.

You can't outright remove.

Well I tried your method it and it won't work. Only reply and quote are the options, no edit. I notice on a new post the edit is on the left but any older posts don't offer edit. Any other ideas unless I'm missing something.

no photo
Fri 09/05/08 03:24 PM
Let's say you are interested in someone that you are starting to email on this site and everything is going pretty good, Then you notice a posting they put on the forum that may be crude or stupid or downright sick or perverted. Would that affect your oppinion of them at all? Maybe they posted the topics as jokes or just off the wall subjects to stir up the boring topics that were posted earlier or who knows, maybe one of their friends threw in some off the wall posts to the dismay of the actual account holder. Do you just go by who you are getting to know from the emails only or do you judge them on their past posts and drop the communication and move on thinking they are lowlife trash? Also is there a way someone can delete or edit their past posts? Or are you stuck with it all for all to see for eternity.