Community > Posts By > becca777

no photo
Thu 03/05/09 09:29 AM
i'm not sure
no one can answer my questions

no photo
Thu 03/05/09 09:22 AM
hmmm
if it has to do with a 'student/master' relationship i don't know if i'll ever be ready
i have some serious religion issues and too many questions to count

no photo
Thu 03/05/09 09:16 AM
i have this book
i've tried countless times to read it as i've heard it is a wonderful read
i can't seem to do so
why is that?

no photo
Thu 03/05/09 08:43 AM
Just the Facts
1. The United States Constitution, Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1, states "The Congress shall have the Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States."

2. The Sixteenth Amendment to the Constitution, ratified on February 3, 1913, states, "The Congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes on income, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

3. Congress used the power granted by the Constitution and Sixteenth Amendment and made laws requiring all individuals to pay tax.

4. Congress has delegated to the IRS the responsibility of administering and enforcing these laws known as the Internal Revenue Code. Congress enacts the tax laws, IRS enforces them.

5. Courts have historically held there are no Constitutional or legal grounds for failure to file tax returns and failure to pay taxes.

6. The term voluntary compliance means that each of us is responsible for filing a tax return when required and for determining and paying the correct amount of tax.

7. Failing to file required returns and failing to pay taxes may result in criminal prosecution and/or civil penalties.
8. While taxpayers have the right to contest their tax liabilities in the courts, taxpayers do not have the right to violate and disobey tax laws.

Commonly Used Frivolous Arguments:
Unscrupulous individuals and promoters advocating willful noncompliance with the tax laws have used a variety of false or misleading arguments for not paying taxes
Here are some of the most common arguments

* Constitutional Argument: Filing a Form 1040 violates the Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination or the Fourth Amendment right to privacy.
The Truth: The courts have consistently held that disclosure of the type of routine financial information required on a tax return does not incriminate an individual or violate the right to privacy.
* Religious Arguments: Use the freedom of religion clause of the First Amendment by taking a vow of poverty or fraudulently claiming charitable contributions of 50% or more of your adjusted gross income.
The Truth: Claiming a vow of poverty or claiming fraudulent charitable contributions to a church for money which is ultimately used to pay personal expenses is not legal.
* Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Arguments: The filing and paying of tax is voluntary.The Internal Revenue Code doesn't apply to me because I am not a government employee nor I am a resident of a sovereign state.
The Truth: The tax law is found in Title 26 of the United States Code. Section 6012 of the Code makes clear that only individuals whose income falls below a specified level do not have to file returns. While our tax system is based on self-assessment and reporting, compliance with tax laws is mandatory. State citizenship does not negate the applicability of the IRC on individuals working and residing in the United States.
* Wages are not Income Arguments: Labor worth a certain amount is exchanged for money worth the same amount and therefore there is no income to be taxed.
The Truth: The arguments that taxes on income derived from property are unconstitutional, or that income is limited to gain or profit, are consistently dismissed by the courts. Congress has determined (through the IRC), that all income is taxable unless specifically excluded by some part of the Internal Revenue Code.
* Forming a Trust Argument: Forming a business trust to hold your income and assets will avoid taxes. A family estate trust will allow you to reduce or eliminate your tax liability
The Truth: Establishing a trust, foreign or domestic, for the sole purpose of hiding your income and assets from taxation is illegal and will not absolve you of your tax liability

no photo
Wed 03/04/09 09:39 AM

hahaha this one?

thaaats the one *smiles*

no photo
Wed 03/04/09 09:00 AM
awe robin
i wanted to put your pic on my site showing one of the true inspirations during my grueling process... you know...the one where you're reading my book? :smile:

no photo
Wed 03/04/09 08:52 AM
can i post my site here?
i did once before and i got in trouble

no photo
Wed 03/04/09 08:39 AM

Wow....what a feeling

and i got my book displayed in my first (hopefully of many) brick and mortar store.

also try and put it on amazon

IT IS!!! :smile:

no photo
Wed 03/04/09 08:34 AM
Wow....what a feeling

and i got my book displayed in my first (hopefully of many) brick and mortar store.

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 01:17 PM
i'm so sorry
it's so hard losing someone close

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 01:02 PM
i get insecure

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 12:24 PM
well....i'm going to go against the wind here...
and say i've never had a problem with prisoner
in fact i think he's a pretty nice guy
so he wants a little attention...so what?
don't we all in one form or another?
he's emailed me and actually complimented me
amid all of the taunting and cutting i feel like i'm back in the 8th grade

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 11:11 AM
to me, the term doesn't portray the age of the person it is directed toward. it reflects on how long the people have been together but also refers to the idea of being called an old worn out comfortable pair of sneakers...

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:46 AM
honestly robin....i wouldn't call my mom that either

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:20 AM
i get into arguments with my friends all the time about it
i think it is disrespectful
they say it's a comfort thing

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:15 AM
Sleepless in Seattle

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:10 AM
Ladies...do you mind being called his old lady?
or
guys, do you care if you are referred to as her old man?

no photo
Fri 02/27/09 10:05 AM
just be sure they have a pivot so that when you're fighting you can turn your back toward him

no photo
Mon 02/23/09 10:22 AM
It's a terrible thing losing someone you love
My condolences

no photo
Sun 02/22/09 11:18 AM
My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion, and I

kept staring at a drunken lady swigging her drink as she sat alone at

a nearby table.

My wife asked, 'Do you know her?'

'Yes,' I sighed, 'She is my old girlfriend. I understand she took to drinking

right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear she