Community > Posts By > eunice49508

eunice49508's photo
Tue 02/24/09 07:42 PM

substance abuse disorder is the correct term. Some clients can take offense to being called an addict. I don't think you should have been reprimanded for it. Your supervisor should have talked to you about it and explained why substance abuse disorder is prefered rather than drug addict.

Good answer

eunice49508's photo
Sat 02/21/09 05:32 PM
Very nice, thorough and gives people an idea of who you are. Welcome!

eunice49508's photo
Sat 02/21/09 01:24 PM
The cop who gave me a ticket....still had to pay too! I'm 56 and that is my first ever ticket!!

eunice49508's photo
Sat 02/21/09 01:19 PM
Looks good...probably a couple more pics.

eunice49508's photo
Tue 02/17/09 04:46 PM
My newest one is " Practice Random Acts of Kindness" and another is "If you don't vote, don't whine"

eunice49508's photo
Fri 02/06/09 04:50 PM
I knew what you meant.....made no sense since they were in a forest. Your fishing joke was good though!

eunice49508's photo
Fri 02/06/09 04:46 PM
So, it was a wild train living in the forest?

eunice49508's photo
Wed 02/04/09 03:49 PM
Michigan Great Lake State

eunice49508's photo
Mon 02/02/09 06:47 PM

Happy B-day... mines tomorrow!

Happy to you, too~~ Guess getting old isn't so bad when you consider the alternative~

eunice49508's photo
Mon 02/02/09 06:44 PM

That's cool...thank you.

eunice49508's photo
Mon 02/02/09 06:43 PM
Thanks, all.

eunice49508's photo
Mon 02/02/09 06:39 PM
...my birthday!

eunice49508's photo
Wed 01/28/09 07:43 PM
You cannot change another person.

eunice49508's photo
Wed 01/28/09 07:35 PM
Thanks, I really wanted to win! :-)

eunice49508's photo
Wed 01/28/09 07:31 PM
Last Tuesday i took my 21 yr old daughter to the doctor because she was very ill...MONO...cost me $88 for the office call because she has no insurance. Stopped at Walgreens got over the counter meds that were recommended, another $30. Took her home and headed off to work (late). Got pulled over because the cop said I pulled into the intersection on a yellow light that turned red while I was in the intersection..$90. (But I'm gonna fight it coz not true). Finally got to work 4 hours late, stepped off the rug by the door, slipped on the ice and got a really bad bruise/sore knee!!! Then worked 4 hours over the next day to make up my time!!! Ended up taking her to ER Friday night because she got worse. Not sure what that $$$ will be yet! But she's better, so it's OK.

eunice49508's photo
Mon 01/26/09 05:07 PM
Contact your local paper and ask them for coverage. But, they have motives to not get involved in the local businesses as well.

good for you I worked for a company like that .They took care of the employees and the employees took care of the company with out unions..... oneof the best places I ever worked at. I just think it sux that all I hear on the news is the poor workers at Gm... not anyone else.
Why isnt MY company in the news! Eagle Picher makes batteries for missiles and yet they are screwing their union employees. I only make 14.13 per hour. They wont settle a contract and are trying to kick us out the door although it's been a union shop for 40 yrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

eunice49508's photo
Mon 01/26/09 05:04 PM
I also do not like unions. I worked in one once and work a button for a few days that said "My union sucks" I was "asked" to take it off. But if you want the job, you are required to join the union. Unions are not used the way they were set up to be used. They originally were to protect the workers from long hours, low pay, OT with pay, bad working conditions, underage workers, etc. Now it is just a joke.

I live in Michigan and our unemployment rate is the highest in the nation. They don't make $70 an hour our even half that. My son lost his job a couple of yrs ago because of the downturn in automotive. He worked as much overtime as he could but was making about $20 and hour. They lose their jobs, their health care, their retirements. Most went into the job right out of high school, are too young to retire, but too old to be "hireable" by other companies. Michigan is in bad shape right now. The hospital I work out is now laying people off because our costs are up due to the underinsured coming in and we take them all. It is a vicious cycle and I do feel bad for these folks. The trickle down affect will hurt thousands of families and other businesses.

eunice49508's photo
Mon 01/26/09 04:59 PM
I live in Michigan and our unemployment rate is the highest in the nation. They don't make $70 an hour our even half that. My son lost his job a couple of yrs ago because of the downturn in automotive. He worked as much overtime as he could but was making about $20 and hour. They lose their jobs, their health care, their retirements. Most went into the job right out of high school, are too young to retire, but too old to be "hireable" by other companies. Michigan is in bad shape right now. The hospital I work out is now laying people off because our costs are up due to the underinsured coming in and we take them all. It is a vicious cycle and I do feel bad for these folks. The trickle down affect will hurt thousands of families and other businesses.

eunice49508's photo
Sun 01/25/09 01:34 PM

Law Of The Garbage Truck

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were
Driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a
Parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his
Brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of
The other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi
Driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really
Friendly. So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined
Your car and sent us to the hospital!' This is when my taxi driver
Taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around
Full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment.
As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes
They'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally.
Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage
And spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.
The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take
Over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets,
So...Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't.
Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

Have a blessed, garbage-free day!

eunice49508's photo
Sun 01/25/09 01:12 PM
Looks good, your profile repeats a couple of times, but good. Welcome.