Community > Posts By > RhettBBadBoy

RhettBBadBoy's photo
Thu 11/06/08 09:22 PM
Edited by RhettBBadBoy on Thu 11/06/08 09:24 PM

Hi,

Like anything, this does NOT ALWAYS work, but . . .it's certainly worth a shot if the opportunity pops up and if you've any confidence at all. First a bit of explanation: I've found that tepid dates usually don't elicit hot romance either in the short or the long term. Lukewarm interactions for me, often result in my getting involved with a clingy or overly needy personality, who because of her neediness is afraid to "make waves" or show her true colors. So deeply is she invested in her need to make this encounter turn into something "meaningful" starting right here and now on date one that if that's the way you go, you'll probably wind up with a stalker on your hands. So . . .

If you've enough courage or conviction that when something even semi-controversial arises in the conversation to just speak your mind (like you were talking to a best friend where you know they're not walking away from you regardless of what you say)and then what happens is you'll have more enjoyable talks and about a third of the time you'll actually get into a heated argument over what's discussed: THOSE RELATIONSHIPS TEND TO ENDURE, AND MOST INTERESTINGLY THE ROMANTIC FEELINGS ARE FAR DEEPER. So instead of biting your tongue trying to make a favorable impression, I suggest just saying, "to hell with it," and not being afraid to say whatever outrageous thought is on your mind at the time. It's certainly a lot more fun.

Bob

RhettBBadBoy's photo
Mon 08/04/08 12:35 PM

Really reminds me of the ever brand new song (50 or 60 artists have recorded it) "You Don't Know Me" which was featured in the movie "Ray." One caveat, for both the spiritual singer and the spiritual poet, obsession without action leads to wimpdom and women don't woo wimps, at least according to the experts. However, for just plain expressing a deep emotion which may or may not become obsession . . . NICE!

RhettBBadBoy's photo
Sun 08/03/08 12:30 PM

I have an idea...
let's try being normal...
for once.
any objections?

I've lived in five different countries and seven different states; traveled through 22-23 countries and all the 50 states except Maine, Michigan and Oregon. "Normal" is not "normal" everywhere, every time to every person. For truly emotional people, "normal" can change five or six times an hour. I would suggest three attitudes: humor (toward one self and others), tolerance, and a small measure of objectivity goes a long way toward keeping us all on an even keel and even happy. Good luck to all.

Oh, one other thing . . . The tone of the introductory message explaining all the do's and don'ts was rather schoolmarmish, but it is necessary to state the rules as a reminder from time to time. It is also a good idea for rules to be enforced with an eye to giving the potential rule breaker the benefit of the doubt unless the violation is unforgiveable and egregious IMHO.
We can all use a "warning ticket" from the police at some time or another.

Bob

RhettBBadBoy's photo
Sun 08/03/08 12:16 PM
Nice rhythm, some good images . . . need more.

Enjoyable . . .

RhettBBadBoy's photo
Sun 08/03/08 12:14 PM
Isn't it strange that you had nothing positive to contribute on my comment, but suggest that my purely objective criticism is somehow faulty because it's "negative." Practice what you preach, especially during PMS . . . : )LOL

Henry will undoubtedly grow as a writer and poet and person because he can be objective and doesn't take things personally. We could all learn from that approach to life. BTW haiku is 17 syllables comparing haiku to far longer pieces is a propaganda tool called "setting up the straw man," and unworthy of intelligent conversation. Good luck, I'll look for your more intelligent commentary in half a month . . .

RhettBBadBoy's photo
Sun 08/03/08 12:08 PM

Isn't it strange that you had nothing positive to contribute on my comment, but suggest that my objective criticism is somehow faulty because it's "negative." Practice what you preach, especially during PMS . . . LOL

RhettBBadBoy's photo
Sun 08/03/08 12:04 PM

shooting straight up, up
from the small tree's highest limb
falling leaf . . . butterfly

RhettBBadBoy's photo
Sun 08/03/08 11:57 AM
Edited by RhettBBadBoy on Sun 08/03/08 12:00 PM

And the author of all that crap may think he's "with it" but in reality is just s#it-for-brains out of touch with what's really important . . .

In the movie "A Patch of Blue" the word "tolerance" was suggested. Personally, I prefer the word "intrepid."

RhettBBadBoy's photo
Tue 07/29/08 12:08 AM

Reminds me of Ferlinghetti's work . . . confusing and illuminating at the same time LOL

RhettBBadBoy's photo
Tue 07/29/08 12:03 AM

into the gutter
slowly melting blackened snow
slides; signalling . . . spring

RhettBBadBoy's photo
Mon 07/28/08 11:48 PM
I encourage you to keep writing, but I don't personally like your stuff. Good poetry to me is real concrete and then creates emotion by suggesting or titilating the reader's perceptions.

Good luck despite my criticisms.

Bob

RhettBBadBoy's photo
Mon 07/28/08 11:48 PM
I encourage you to keep writing, but I don't personally like your stuff. Good poetry to me is real concrete and then creates emotion by suggesting or titilating the reader's perceptions.

Good luck despite my criticisms.

Bob