1 cup chopped fennel bulb
3 large garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup Madeira
4 teaspoons tomato paste
3 cups chicken stock

1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/2 cup whipping cream

Boil lobsters in pot of boiling water 8 minutes. Transfer to bowl of ice water; cool. Drain. Working over large bowl to collect juices, remove claws and tails. Using knife, cut tails into 2-inch-wide pieces. Remove meat. Crack claws; remove meat. Cut bodies in half. Transfer shells and bodies to bowl with juices. Slice meat; place in small bowl. Chill.

Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add shallots, fennel and garlic; sauté 8 minutes. Add Madeira and tomato paste; bring to boil. Add stock, lobster shells and any juices; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer until reduced down to about 2 1/2 cups, about 30 minutes.

Strain liquid into saucepan, pressing on shells. Mix butter and flour in bowl. Add to liquid. Bring to boil, whisking often. Add cream; simmer until reduced to desired thickness, about 8 minutes.

ChefBadger's photo
Sat 09/27/08 01:34 PM
Oh yeah, I was doing fine until my boy suggested we switch from beer to Long Islands. That bartender made them with a "splash" of coke and sour. Yikes.

ChefBadger's photo
Sat 09/27/08 01:30 PM
Damn long island ice tea's...
sick

ChefBadger's photo
Thu 09/25/08 12:42 PM
Its my Boston accent. It allows me to get my point across with out steppin on the pg-13 toes of the mods.

And now, a moment of silence for Mirko Cro Cop's balls.

ChefBadger's photo
Thu 09/25/08 03:08 AM
Edited by ChefBadger on Thu 09/25/08 03:09 AM
Having lived around Portsmouth,NH most of my young life NH will always be in my heart, and I can say that Fall and Spring are the best seasons there.
Summer, you're dodging seagull-sized mosquitoes, and Winter, you're freezing your nads off.
While I can see how the "beautiful-weather-every-day" here in Cali can get kinda boring, I love being able to go to the beach year-round.

One of the students at my culinary school in Dover was from Middleton. He was the class drug-dealer btw. slaphead

ChefBadger's photo
Thu 09/25/08 02:59 AM
Thats pretty much what I'll be watching for: Nogiuera's training sessions are going to be awesome.

And a Couture/Nogiuera match up would fackin huge!!!

ChefBadger's photo
Thu 09/25/08 02:55 AM
Right on Jay, I hope Dana White is paying attention because if Elite XC gets any momentum, they can take a big chunk outta his ass if they play their cards right between Showtime and CBS.

ChefBadger's photo
Thu 09/25/08 01:44 AM
<-- Points and laughs at the N00b with over 5000 posts :laughing:

ChefBadger's photo
Thu 09/25/08 01:42 AM
White Castle is like crack.

When I drove across the country we stopped in Michigan just for some White Castle. Got a big ass bag of the little bastards and just went to town.

Now I love sliders, and they are wicked easy to make at home.

ChefBadger's photo
Thu 09/25/08 01:32 AM
Aaaaand the final 16 are:

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHTS
Krzysztof Soszynski
Jules Bruchez
Vinny Magalhaes
Karn Grigoryan
Elliot Marshall
Ryan Bader
Shane Primm
Tom Lawlor

LIGHTWEIGHTS
Dave Kaplan
Phillipe Nover
Brian McLaughlin
Junie Browning
Shane Nelson
George Roop
Efrain Escudero
John Polakowski

Drop your knowledge here on who's going to hand out some beatings and who's going to just get beat up.

Too bad abut Lance Evans, Rashad's li'l bro, getting hurt. And looking at the preview, whats up with dumbasses getting in trouble before they're even on a damn team.

And on a personal note: I reeeealy hope Joe Lauzon (or J-Lo if you're retarded) gets knocked the f*ck out tomorrow.

ChefBadger's photo
Wed 09/24/08 02:16 AM
Mwahahaha, I totally just escaped Nashua,NH and am now loving the consistently awesome weather in San Diego

ChefBadger's photo
Mon 09/22/08 09:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that at this point I could beat the 9ers...

ChefBadger's photo
Mon 09/22/08 05:43 PM
I will be grilling up some fish tacos with a chipotle-cream sauce and some steak done carne asada style, sliced up and served on some nachos. This feast will be enjoyed during Heroes tonight. Woot! :banana:

ChefBadger's photo
Mon 09/22/08 05:40 PM
I'm gonna have a nerd moment here and say I CANT EFFIN WAIT!!!
I'm gonna make some fish tacos and some carne asada nachos. Its gonna be a nice night in. :banana:

ChefBadger's photo
Mon 09/22/08 02:14 PM
Nick Diaz and Crazy Horse... fighting for the Ghetto Championship!

ChefBadger's photo
Sun 09/21/08 10:46 PM
Meh, the Pats have always had trouble with Miami.
Even when we were steamrolling teams that were waaaay better than the Dolphins, we would still have trouble with them.

ChefBadger's photo
Sun 09/21/08 03:59 AM

Key word being MIGHT tongue2

You know...I always wondered what the hater-ade tastes like for 49'ers fans...

ChefBadger's photo
Fri 09/19/08 06:43 PM
Just remember the phrase: "And Cassel connects to Moss...again!"

We might be hearing that a a lot.

ChefBadger's photo
Fri 09/19/08 03:23 PM
Sharing is caring! :banana:

Anywho, you want a wicked easy/tasty dessert? Make mini trifles.

A bowl, a whisk, some cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and make some bangin whipped cream. Then take some large wine glasses and put some pound cake on the bottom, soak bit of rum into the cake then pile on some fresh fruit (I recommend pineapple rubbed with some brown sugar) and top with the fresh whipped cream. Done.

ChefBadger's photo
Fri 09/19/08 03:09 PM
Crazyhorse...wtf...
He is exactly what would've happened if Old Dirty Basta*d took up MMA.
B!tch, where my money!!

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next