Community > Posts By > galendgirl

galendgirl's photo
Sat 03/02/13 04:48 PM
Leftover crawfish etouffe heated up with some flash fried onion, pepper and celery chunks. Dessert, fresh strawberries. YUM!

galendgirl's photo
Sat 03/02/13 04:04 PM
Edited by galendgirl on Sat 03/02/13 04:06 PM
It WAS a beautiful day here...but pretty chilly today, especially with the wind. You almost HAD to stand in the sun!

I joined some friends to toast Texas Independence Day at a local brewery...

then celebrated a kind of personal independence day with some crawfish etouffee, which I hadn't had in AGES!

A good day for a Possum!

galendgirl's photo
Sat 03/02/13 03:57 PM

my daughter to get settled in her room she had an accident broke ribs and punctured a lung.

I'm really sorry to hear that, Carol! I hope she heals quickly!
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

galendgirl's photo
Sat 03/02/13 03:47 PM
Another first...yeah, it matters!
:banana:

galendgirl's photo
Sat 03/02/13 03:45 PM
Carol, sorry about your daughter! Tell her I said to feel better soon...

galendgirl's photo
Sat 03/02/13 05:56 AM

Single...
I've only been "taken" in that "I got fooled" sense of the word!

Here's a Hug ... i know exactly how you feel so I just placed my trust in the Lord and he got me through it so I don't let it hold me back from trusting again.

Haha...I still like and trust people. It was more humorous commentary than anything. Thanks for the nice words, though! :heart:

galendgirl's photo
Sat 03/02/13 05:21 AM
Edited by galendgirl on Sat 03/02/13 05:27 AM
Single...
I've only been "taken" in that "I got fooled" sense of the word!

galendgirl's photo
Sat 03/02/13 05:11 AM
candy is sweet

galendgirl's photo
Sat 03/02/13 05:10 AM
I'm up...
I've actually been "practicing" my rise and shine after not HAVING to get up at a given time for a while. New gig starts Monday...back to real life! (YAY!!!!:banana: )

galendgirl's photo
Sat 03/02/13 05:08 AM
Are you trying to make me run screaming into the night?

galendgirl's photo
Sat 03/02/13 04:54 AM

I'll let y'all know the schedule when I have it..but I think one shows on Monday and the other on Wednesday. So we'll be there awhile.. I may need a place to sleep..we're having trouble getting one bed made down in the motorhome.

I've got space...check your mail.
. Galenda is just 2 minutes from my work.drinker

...and knows the road to rodeo WELL! Haha!

galendgirl's photo
Sat 03/02/13 04:53 AM
Happy Texas Independence Day!

galendgirl's photo
Fri 03/01/13 06:08 PM

I'll let y'all know the schedule when I have it..but I think one shows on Monday and the other on Wednesday. So we'll be there awhile.. I may need a place to sleep..we're having trouble getting one bed made down in the motorhome.

I've got space...check your mail.

galendgirl's photo
Fri 03/01/13 07:22 AM

Good morning minglers waving

Put some red in my hair got a different look burgundy high lights.drinker

Picture please!

galendgirl's photo
Fri 03/01/13 07:21 AM

I'm a red head now burgundybigsmile

And we don't have a photo posted???

galendgirl's photo
Fri 03/01/13 06:24 AM
Oatmeal with flax seed...

galendgirl's photo
Fri 03/01/13 05:17 AM
Good morning, Texas!
Happy March!
flowerforyou

galendgirl's photo
Thu 02/28/13 10:07 PM
Edited by galendgirl on Thu 02/28/13 10:09 PM

Glenda..remember ....no dancing on tables tonight!!!:wink:

Glad you're better!!

Found out today..we'll be leaving next Friday for Houston.

So you'll be here on the 8th? That's Tim McGraw night...Saturday will be Band Perry. Email me the girl's show schedule if you like, or let me know when you'll be around!

It turned out I couldn't wear my boots because the seam is right where the incision site is and it's still too tender. Boo hiss...somehow athletic shoes don't seem "right" at rodeo but it's a step in the right direction so I'm still pretty happy! BUT...when I CAN wear boots, I'm definitely getting the ones that have been on my wish list for the last 6 months!
http://www.sheplers.com/Womens/Cowgirl-Boots/Cowgirl-Boots/Lucchese-1883-Burnished-Red-Mad-Dog-Goat-Skin-Cowgirl-Boots-Snip-Toe/pc/2/c/82/sc/83/3555.pro?source=AdWords_ProductExtensions&kw={keyword}&gclid=CNDBsqbt2rUCFQSynQodlycAMg

(And the Zac Brown Band concert was great, as usual...they do a great show!)

galendgirl's photo
Thu 02/28/13 02:38 PM

Best wishes Galend that you walk out (and stay with) comfy regular shoes (or comfy cowgirl boots if you prefer) :-)

I graduated! The doctor was VERY impressed with the progress I've made!

No marathons, no high impact anything, but I've got permission to wear the boots I know I can get on tonight (I've got some I know are not happening) and head to rodeo with a crutch for backup. If I have swelling, I am just to go to bed with the boot on and take it off in the morning! Haha!

galendgirl's photo
Thu 02/28/13 07:02 AM

I won't be running any marathons but tomorrow there is a chance that I miiiiiiight get my cast off!

Cool beans!!!:thumbsup:

Yeah! It would be awesome! I'm probably about 85% now and I think it's holding me back. But whatever the doctor says I'll do...but PT has been miraculous!

Better to have cast another week, than have it need to be put back on.

It's a walking cast. They have me out of it for PT and at home, only wearing it out in the world. So it is a bit of "1 step back" when I get the tendons all loosened up, moving right, strengthening and then STOP ALL by stepping back into the boot. The therapist had me leave in shoes yesterday, actually. But whatever the doctor says goes...he owns it until he releases me.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25