no photo
Tue 04/02/13 03:31 AM
Edited by everlastingbuddy on Tue 04/02/13 03:48 AM

...have long been gone saying,"last seen over a month ago" which could mean several months to years... meaning your prospects of finding someone to be basically zero if not into the minus zero odds.

So, maybe for as much as this jaded creature is right, mebbe we should use the chat to petition the wanker running this site to remove those profiles not logging in after four months' absence, six months - whatever. Get rid of the dead wood we are forced to wade through to find the live people. A good coompromise would be a button which removed those who had not sent or responded in, say, two months from your searches.
I mean, consider that you are here, so the chances of finding a compatible person is a significant quotient. If the long gone are vanquished from search, then it does not take three weeks to go through, trying to get an answer.
Consider the old days. You went on a site, found a person to chat with, then spent the evening flirting and discovering a new friend. Worst case, that person was a troll. Here you are reduced to sending emails to a person who will never look at them. The site managers are the new trolls! They place non-responsive bait out there to show bloaded statistics to their advertisers and take satisfaction in the number of single people they can run around the bend. The site owners are the people who ten years ago could not get a date here!!!
Okay, so the site owners are complete jerks, but they are simply capitalists who don't give a hoot about you and me. They are in it for the money and will cheat and subvert a wonderful thing for money. Is this a new concept? Once more, you gotta man-up here and wade through the garbage to find the most important thing in the human existence - love & companionship. Our presence here is one of the most significant examples of being human there is in modern America - you all are being wonderful in spite of losers and trolls who run this madhouse, and the empty responses they nurture.

Good job!

Now, where's my troll club?

no photo
Mon 04/01/13 05:37 PM
Can't do normal... gots too much moving to take along a normal - she's not keepin up. Ah means, if'n she SETTLES for normal, then how's it gonna be when I'm rollin at more than normal an alwuz lookin back.
On the other hand, I've done whack to a fine art form. For a time, it didn't matter how damaged a woman was, only if she could amaze me once in awhile. I would sacrifice my sanity for the chance to be thrilled by a super-intelligent remark or sarcastic revelation.
Now, I don't go for anything above goodness. Freshness of heart, innocence.
And I've been most lucky lately. In refined form they are definitely NOT normal.

no photo
Mon 04/01/13 05:15 PM
Edited by everlastingbuddy on Mon 04/01/13 05:21 PM
I think it is a half-full/half empty kinda thing. There will be moments when I ask mahsef ifn' this is me talking to me or talking to some quasi-pros who have more time than do I to sit on these sites (agreed, the sites all have developed into different variations of vanilla). Or mebbe they's a real, breathing, lady who will reads mah chop an bees inspired to meets me and have her way with me.
BUT, whether contrived or genuine, the chat room contents is always the most encouraging.
Single sites started as plain-Jane chat rooms, with no profile frills, no lengthy self-surveys... that all sprouted outta being in the rooms, rubbing up against. They were a different kind of fun, but also a lot rougher - especially on the ladies, so we now get this, more mush-mouthed approach.
So, chil' you gotta spice it up! Can't do it with pix, cause that's just desparate. Can't do it with crudities, because there is always somebody more crude (Daniel Craig did it to me in his Rolling Stone Interview - yuk!).
What you are looking for is here, and she is just too frightened to accept you, too unsure of herself to advance, and if you don't haul out some inner man and reach out, she will be forced to suffer the fool who is less than you. He is definitely out here an she don't deserve to suffer.
So, standing out here, getting dumped on continuously, being constantly reminded of how decadent, how insignificant and how repugant you are, day after day after... has become our clarion cry of manhood.
Same as twenty, fifty or three hundred years ago. The internet just lets it get piled on faster. The point is, statistically, she's here. Your task is to find her and go home.

no photo
Wed 03/27/13 08:28 PM

This is almost as funny as a church roof collapsing on 1000 followers just as they were groveling to god's majesty.

Please keep in mind that as that roof came down, 999 or more of those worshippers would not want the same for you that you had asked for them. Who among them would want their last act on Earth to be one of bitterness? You would have failed.

no photo
Wed 03/27/13 08:15 PM
Edited by everlastingbuddy on Wed 03/27/13 08:18 PM
Mortman: The bear knew the Language of God and you assert you do not. Who am I to argue with you? God embraced the bear at the behest of the stupid and stubborn man (because he denied his own perception/knowledge), and God allowed the man to be consumed for the betterment of His follower, the bear. I LOL when I read it! My view is that I would prefer to have you stand with us so you are not consumed.

no photo
Wed 03/27/13 06:07 PM
My model shows that when the vibration and the speed-of-spacial-displacment are combined for the all the material in the universe, roughly half of the total is moving faster than local, linear light speed. My model also demonstrates that light speed within every solar system is required to be different.
This is the extrapolated outcome of the 'curved universe' portion of Einstein's model.
What I'm looking at right now is wondering about the space between us and the other side of the universe: since the premise is we radiate out from a single source, then as we gaze across, we are required to look through older space, through smaller radii from that source than are we and are the far objects we observe.
I ponder how older space may bias red-shift determination? Haven't gotten very far; I started last week and it looks promising.

no photo
Wed 03/27/13 05:33 PM
Edited by everlastingbuddy on Wed 03/27/13 05:40 PM
The husband comes down to honeymoon resort hotel's poolside on the morning after the wedding to find his brand new bride swimming effortlessly down the pool. She hops out of the water and from the diving board she does a flawless triple sommersault to slip into the water without a splash. After a few more laps of multiple and graceful swimming strokes, she hauls out, walking over to the lounge and grabs a towel, smiling at her new husband who is surprised and most pleased at his talented wife.
"Darling," he says. "I had no idea you could swim and dive like that. Where ever did you learn?"
The wife paused in her drying to look at him for a moment. Then she looked at her wedding ring, then again at him and smiled sweetly. "For a time" she replied, "I was a whore in Venice."

no photo
Wed 03/27/13 05:10 PM
Edited by everlastingbuddy on Wed 03/27/13 05:11 PM

Soooo.....are you telling me that those Russian chicks who email me all the time are scammers? GREAT! Way to ruin my hope for my endless love. sad grumble :tongue: laugh

Optimistic: mebbe some of them are just hookers in Russia looking for a new start... they want to marry and leave the life behind. That could work!

no photo
Wed 03/27/13 04:55 PM
1. When a man is the sole provider in a household, he is supporting a wife and their children. When a woman is the sole provider, she is supporting herself and the children... no matter what the situation, the culture must provide for that the man must support one more person than does the woman. Thus, he gets paid more across the board to accommodate this.
2. Sometime(s) in her career, a woman is expected to deliver a child or more. The culture also provides for the man to be able to cover any temporary unemployment as a result of newborns. Thus, his salary is systematically provided at a higher rate.
3. Now more than anytime in the recent past, companies are interested in hiring parents. They recognize the stability of child-raising. If your kids are still eight or less, the chances of your going bungie-jumping or aquatic cave diving (in the top three for accidental death) is very low. Parents of young children take fewer chances and lead a more regimented life, so their work habits are better as well. When a person has family to consider, hopping from job to job is hard, so the employee stays longer. Also, it is good for morale and self-image for companies to be labeled 'family-friendly'. This means that men will be promoted faster to allow women to have a home life.
What I'm trying to get to is that salary may not be used for a significant indicator of gender bias because there are structures within how our species raises children that show strategic advantage for management to pay men more. This will soften as time marches, but I assert that on the basis of salary alone, parity may be a long time coming for what some consider sound ethics. I am not asking you to agree, and I am not sayin what's right, just what it is for much of the world's business culture.
On the other hand, I train horses, and there is definitely gender parity. Equality of the equine culture is wonderful; showing at a show to see as many single horsewomen as men is encouraging. I think the environment also leads to talking frankly, so the games are lighter and warmer. I have always asked for strong women as partners, so to me gaps are moot.

no photo
Tue 03/26/13 04:56 PM
I've been doing this for a few years with mixed outcomes. I maybe have better radar than some but I still get stung often. I'm one of those people who learned early to accept that everybody will eventually learn all my secrets, so I just live like I got none. I put myself out there, am real, am nice, and let the wind blow. To be clear, I'm also not as open as some about intimates; I'm not discussing what I did the last time I was wearing a gorilla suit... besides, it WAS her idea, mostly.
The nicest, kindest lover this decade I met online. Getting one of those every once in a while outweighs all the filth you walk through. Conversely, this decade's wildest feline in the sack I met at church. Maybe I'm out of some cosmic sync.

no photo
Tue 03/26/13 03:14 AM
Like life, online dating is a mixed bag. I met a few great women online, while I also met two scary ones. The grocery store is a nice place to chat and I have not yet asked a woman I met there on a date. The advice I get most is do what you like; be in your element for both confidence and surety that the lover you choose has shared interests.
This discussion makes a great example of online difficulties. The initiator expressed some opinions about stereotypes and got a reaction from a few. The initiator then reacted negatively to those responses and appears to have felt invalidated. There is a lot of judgement here and I felt like a couple of responders might have been mending their own cracks with their darkened words. In a survey pool, the greater the distribution of responders, the more sharp edges are shown.
My view is don' be judgin': be helpful and loving, or be silent.

no photo
Tue 03/26/13 02:48 AM
I always look at a lady's profile and read it completely. No profile, difficult to get interested. I don't look @ guys profile for comparison to my own - I already know mine is the worst so why bother?happy

no photo
Tue 03/26/13 02:23 AM
Spice, with granulated sugar on top in all colors that sparkle. I'm the kind that are hard when you pull them outta the cookie jar, but I've been half-dipped in milk, so I'm crunchy & dissolve into sweetness.

no photo
Tue 03/26/13 02:09 AM
Job. I find myself quoting it more in the every day, and when I think about how much I've used from other Books in my writings, I thank you for the opportunity to bring me back to the one that many scholars assert is the oldest Book.
My ministry is within the scientific community, which should explain why Job is so much in my every day - it is an uphill trek.