Community > Posts By > heavenlyboy34

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sat 12/01/12 05:56 PM

So, I was the only one to show up to class in the dojo today, so my instructor allowed me to take my evaluation early. I passed got promoted to first section. (in kung fu, there are seven sections leading up to first degree black belt) :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Congratulations!

You make a very good case for my theroy that a good percentage of success is showing up. People really are not as smart as you young in and I am glad you were. Keep us up dated how your progress is going. Think this will bring good things into your life.

I certainly hope good things will come of it. I already have sufficient skills to spar with friends, which is fun. :banana: Maybe someday I'll have time and room in my life for this girl I have a crush on (met her in the summer when I started kung fu...very cute and can keep up with me sometimes. She's a few sections ahead of me, but I can kick her butt at pushups and other upper-body exercises and such that involve multiple muscle groups. pitchfork laugh ).

heavenlyboy34's photo
Fri 11/30/12 03:52 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention...I'm now allowed to take weapons classes. smokin pitchfork pitchfork :banana: :banana: :banana:

heavenlyboy34's photo
Thu 11/29/12 03:47 PM

Is it wrong if my favorite artist is Me?

Nah. My favorite artist is me as well. :banana: Remember, the first prerogative of an artist in any medium is to make a fool of himself. (at least, so said Pauline Kael and I agree. drinker )

heavenlyboy34's photo
Thu 11/29/12 07:01 AM
Thanks, Spanky.
I didn't get a chance to update this thread yesterday. Since I made this, I got hold of Adobe tech support and they helped me activate the software. It works peachy now. :banana:

heavenlyboy34's photo
Wed 11/28/12 04:00 PM
So, I was the only one to show up to class in the dojo today, so my instructor allowed me to take my evaluation early. I passed got promoted to first section. (in kung fu, there are seven sections leading up to first degree black belt) :banana::banana::banana::banana:

heavenlyboy34's photo
Tue 11/27/12 05:19 PM
I celebrate Festivus instead of Christmas. :banana: drinker

heavenlyboy34's photo
Tue 11/27/12 04:41 PM
I knew about this. A pretty young scottish lady told me about it.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Tue 11/27/12 12:05 PM

I said something pertaining to this a couple of months before the election on a few different sites and the die hard repubs just dismissed it, well HAHAHAHAHA

an old meme now, but classic and true. :)

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sun 11/25/12 02:49 PM
Edited by heavenlyboy34 on Sun 11/25/12 02:53 PM

We have been led to believe that wars are about religious differences. Really? Do you think it is, really?

Why would one person care what another person's religious beliefs are?

I would like to know why Israel always seems to be smack in the center of every major conflict and war on earth. Is it really about religion? If so, then I want to know what is so horrible about the Jewish religion or any religion that people will spend generations killing each other over it.

So let's hear your opinions.

What is it about Israel's religion, that Muslims hate so much? What is it about Muslims religion that you say makes them hate Israel so much?

If it is really about "religion" then lets discuss the religious points that are so crucial that two groups will spend generations killing each other.

Both religions, even the Christian religion, are all derived from the same Book. THE BIBLE.

So what, pray tell, is the big fat disagreement?

I am not affiliated with any religion. I don't understand the hatred in the world and I don't understand why everyone blames it on "Oh they hate my religion."

Why would my religion or lack thereof, cause a person to hate or fear me?

The conflict is several thousand years old. Look into Isaac and Ishmael, starting here: http://www.therefinersfire.org/ishmael_and_isaac.htm

Don't pay much attention to the editor's remarks, though. He says things like "NOTE: The covenant of circumcision was never, ever negated. ALL men who belong to YHWH, Jew and Gentile, must be circumcised!", which are clearly false even by a plain reading of the standard epistles as well as Orthodox church founders.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sun 11/25/12 10:43 AM
If you understand Russian, Никогда Не Забуду Тебя is alright. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sZIRUv8GdU&feature=g-hist

heavenlyboy34's photo
Fri 11/23/12 05:14 PM

I think the whole point is that he IS trying to find a way to come to agreement. As I understand it, there are ways they can agree without actually raising taxes. But just wrapping yourself in your principles and saying no to everything all day long isn't going to get there.

Plus, there's not a chance that "everyone's" taxes will go up, I don't know where you get that from. One option is increasing the tax rate on people who earn over $200,000. That's not me, for sure. Is it you?
Everyone's taxes will go up. Inflation will necessarily go up, which is a hidden tax (it erodes the buying power of the dollar). This will hurt the poor and middle class the most because their assets are typically dollars or highly dependent on dollars. More affluent people will be able to avoid this by moving into assets and real estate and foreign currencies and tax havens abroad and so on.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Thu 11/22/12 05:31 PM
Edited by heavenlyboy34 on Thu 11/22/12 05:31 PM
I'm trying to load Adobe CS3 onto my new Windows 7 PC. It won't load any of the components except Acrobat 8 (photoshop, illustrator, etc). frustrated Is my version of CS3 outdated? It worked fine with XP.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Wed 11/21/12 08:14 PM
n/m! I fixed it with some tinkering. :)

heavenlyboy34's photo
Wed 11/21/12 06:32 PM
Well, I got myself a new HP machine. For some reason, it claims that "no speakers or headphones are plugged in", even though the speakers are clearly plugged in. I'm using my old speakers that worked perfectly with XP (surround sound with subwoofer :banana: ) WTF can I do to fix it? Thanks!drinker

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sat 11/17/12 08:40 PM

More bias and tilted facts here. This is not news. it is a overwhelming attack with information.

There was NOTHING overwhelming about the outcome of the elections.

All i seen this pass is how ignorant and uninformed the voters really are. I voted Libertarian.

All I see is propaganda, not information here. What is clear is the rifts between Americans is growing even more between those who feel we owe them a living and those of us who WORK for a living.

And all of us led around by the noses of experts who make the problems we live with and they profit from...

huh

drinker I wrote in Ron Paul and made up imaginary names for the rest. Mr Giggles got my vote! laugh

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sat 11/17/12 09:51 AM
I've got to replace my now dead desktop computer. Would you recommend a laptop or desktop? I do a lot of graphics and audio recording/editing work. I've already got surround sound speakers, so that won't be an issue. I also want to spend as little money as possible. BTW, it should be a PC rather than Mac. If you can suggest a specific make and model, it would be appreciated.

Thanks drinker flowerforyou

heavenlyboy34's photo
Fri 11/16/12 09:00 PM
Just my kisses. I let her wear footy jammies when it's cold, though. :wink: flowerforyou love drool flowers smitten

heavenlyboy34's photo
Fri 11/16/12 09:00 PM
Just my kisses. I let her wear footy jammies when it's cold, though. :wink: flowerforyou love drool flowers smitten

heavenlyboy34's photo
Fri 11/16/12 08:58 PM

If possible and you try to get it to turn on, try going straight into safe mode. If you're running windows, I believe it's the F2 button, hit it right when you boot your computer. There's a few more options if that doesn't work, but try that and your idea. You may just have to re-install Windows.

Could also be your harddrive is corrupted. If it is, then your computer is useless until you get a new one. Even though you backed up files onto an external drive, it may hum just because everything you put on there didn't get "put on there" if your harddrive is shot.

Start the computer and tap the F-8 key to get to Safe Mode!

Sounds like a real hard Drive failure.

The only real option is to take the disks out and stack them into another hard drive in a clean room with NO DUST! Anti Static all the way! I know of people taking a dead drive and putting its disks into another hard drive and getting the data that way. But you must have the same type of hard drive all the way around for that swap to work. Another viable option is if you have a working hard drive of the same type to switch the circuit board since that part is most prone to failure. Again you must have the same type of drive for parts swapping to work.

I can't even get the thing to start up long enough to get into safe mode. It's been really mean to me since the other day. frustrated

heavenlyboy34's photo
Fri 11/16/12 08:54 PM

I have to ask, as it happened to me, was it on a surge protector?
Mine stopped starting up after a storm, had to replace the HD..
AND put it on a surge protector.

And yes, I lost everything on the hard drive.

It was on a surge protector.

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25