Community > Posts By > heavenlyboy34

heavenlyboy34's photo
Wed 12/19/12 03:41 PM
Like the title says, I'm curious as to what you think of skeletoes shoes if you've tried them. They're designed for runners, but I want to use them for sparring and practicing kung fu forms and such. Thanks! drinker

heavenlyboy34's photo
Wed 12/19/12 02:59 PM
Edited by heavenlyboy34 on Wed 12/19/12 03:03 PM

but this blurring of the lines by refuting one extreme with another gets boring,,,

The blurring comes from conflating the right of self defence with the intention of the constitution.

The constitution doesn't say " in order to hunt or defend yourself, you should have a gun", it says (in essense) that the people should be armed and ready to defeat a tyrannic government. This implies not that you should have a derringer for self defense, or a hunting rifle holding no more than a few rounds, but that you should have the armaments necessary to revolt and defeat the government itself if it should become necessary.

I suppose in the extreme, that would mean that every state should have the right to have and maintain nukes to use on Washington if it became necessary, and every city or township should probably have some tanks & artillery, but as I say, that's probably slightly extreme, though I would argue that if a citizen should feel it necessary to have military grade equipment equivalent to a modern soldier's, he should have that right, and i believe under your constitution, he does.

it also says a 'well trained militia' , what part of 'well trained' is so easy for gun advocates to understand

any numbskull who feels like a cowboy shouldnt be able to own a tool of death disguised as 'self defense' against the government

whatever the constitution meant when it was written, IM sure, was limited to the knowledge and experiences of those writing it and their culture and times

Im sure that is why it was written with the ability to be AMENDED,,,,

The right to keep and bear arms was just such an amendment. I do think it should be amended yet again however, to make it the DUTY of every citizen to belong to an organized civil militia and undergo combat & firearms training. In effect, the new amendment should ensure that a proprtly trained & armed militia will always be available to step up to the plate and overthrow a tyrannical government.

However, with all governments having a propensity to tyranny, I seriously doubt that such an amendment could ever be passed now in your country...It isn't in your corrupt and greedy government's interest to do it.

so let me understand

our constitution should be amended so that the government forces all citizens to be part of an organized militia with militia training in order that they might be prepared if that same GOVERNMENT enforcing that law decides to become tyrannical?

wow,,,Im kind of speechless right now

It's not paradoxical. Militias are state/locally run. Militias are there to protect citizens of states against the Federal Government and serve as defense forces should the need arise. The National Guard is similar to what the Anti-Federalists had in mind when they penned Article II in most ways. They were proved right in their distrust of standing armies in less than a century when Lincoln started the War Of Northern Aggression.

Elbridge Gerry famously said "What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. Whenever governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins."

heavenlyboy34's photo
Tue 12/18/12 08:20 PM

heavenlyboy34's photo
Tue 12/18/12 08:17 PM

heavenlyboy34's photo
Tue 12/18/12 08:15 PM
Edited by heavenlyboy34 on Tue 12/18/12 08:16 PM

It is obvious, they never save the day....slaphead

*ahem*BS*ahem*

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/1/25/153427.shtml

Two of the three Virginia law students who overpowered a gunman in a fatal school shooting were armed and used their weapons to disarm the shooter. Yet of the 280 stories written about the shooting, a mere four mentioned the fact that the heroic students were armed and used their guns to halt the rampage.

They were off duty police or military so they don't count as average gun toters anyway I already said that. And the shooters ammo was gone so it was kinda not valid anyway

"Don't count?" Who says? Off-duty officers are, for all intents and purposes, civilians.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Tue 12/18/12 07:59 PM

It is obvious, they never save the day....slaphead

*ahem*BS*ahem*

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/1/25/153427.shtml

Two of the three Virginia law students who overpowered a gunman in a fatal school shooting were armed and used their weapons to disarm the shooter. Yet of the 280 stories written about the shooting, a mere four mentioned the fact that the heroic students were armed and used their guns to halt the rampage.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Tue 12/18/12 07:29 PM

if I may.. what language is this? could you share with us the meaning as well? flowerforyou

It's Russian (my second language). It means:

Merry Christmas

We wish you a merry Christmas (literally "congratulate you on Christmas")
We wish you happiness and health
That nothing at all harms you
That you help people do good

It's rather colloquial, so I did the best I could. :) It makes sense to me, it's just hard to explain in English. :/

heavenlyboy34's photo
Tue 12/18/12 05:01 PM
Uber cute. love

heavenlyboy34's photo
Mon 12/17/12 05:16 PM

heavenlyboy34's photo
Mon 12/17/12 05:08 PM
stunning, ravishing, drop dead gorgeous...I want her! love flowerforyou pitchfork pitchfork drool flowers smitten

heavenlyboy34's photo
Mon 12/17/12 11:55 AM
funny laugh

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sun 12/16/12 10:18 PM

Apparently fascinated by the ceiling.

Lol. what if I told I wasn't looking at the ceiling
bad at guessing

It's true, I'm bad at guessing about these sort of things. frustrated laugh

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sun 12/16/12 10:10 PM
Edited by heavenlyboy34 on Sun 12/16/12 10:12 PM

as soon as someone tells me more about how criminals care whether someplace is 'gun free'

especially the suicidal ones, which a large portion of mass murderers are,,,

What counts as "proof" to you? There are whole books dedicated to this subject. Start with "More Guns, Less Crime". http://www.amazon.com/More-Guns-Less-Crime-Understanding/dp/0226493660/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355724685&sr=8-1&keywords=more+guns%2C+less+crime

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sun 12/16/12 10:08 PM

If you want to join the 100 million people supporting and defending our 2nd Amendment and get neat gifts, fill out this application and join the all American, for Americans, NRA.

Join the NRA today to start receiving all the great benefits of membership and 24/7 protection of your firearm freedoms.
Member benefits:

24/7 defense of your Second Amendment freedoms
Official NRA members-only Shooter's cap *
Your choice of monthly NRA magazines
Membership card and decal
Insurance for you and your guns
Invitations to "Friends of NRA" dinners, other special events and more...

* Shooter's cap available for regular annual membership of 1,2,3 or 5 years only

Limited Time Offer!
Support the NRA and receive a $35 statement credit when you apply online and are approved for the NRA Visa® card! Use this credit any way you want, including reimbursement for your NRA membership dues. (details after submitting your NRA application)

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

NRA is for hunters nowadays. GOA is the best gun rights org at the moment.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sun 12/16/12 10:02 PM

It is possible to overheat an external depending on the enclosure you are using. A more likely culprit is the connection to your computer. Did you check to see if your cable is in snug? Also if your external case has a fan or vent holes an air dusting may not be a bad idea.

Yeah, the connection's fine. I didn't even have to mess with that. I just turned it off for a while. It does have vent holes. I'll dig up some canned air and clean it ASAP. drinker

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sun 12/16/12 08:22 PM
Edited by heavenlyboy34 on Sun 12/16/12 08:23 PM
So, I'm here working on a file in iMake Sheet Music, saved to my external drive. All of a sudden, the hard drive locks up and I can't access the drive. I freaked out a bit, and then turn it off for ~2 minutes. Magically, it works again. Was this an overheat problem of some kind? This has never happened before. I would like for it to never happen again, either! i lost a few measures of progress. frustrated frustrated (it seems to be working fine now, just to be clear)

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sun 12/16/12 07:49 PM
Apparently fascinated by the ceiling.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sun 12/16/12 04:29 PM

What makes some people think that better gun control would have somehow prevented that tragedy in Connecticut? The shooter didn't use guns that belonged to him. He took guns that belonged to his mother.

If you want the 2nd Amendment eliminated, then just come out and say so.

probably couldnt have stopped it, but might have been able to avoid as much suffering

'The chief medical examiner said the ammunition was the type designed to break up inside a victim's body and inflict the maximum amount of damage, tearing apart bone and tissue.'

WHY does a civilian need this kind of ammo?
the mom was a gun 'enthusiast',,,,according to reports so far

I think the notion that noone should have guns of any type, and the notion that everyone should be able to have guns of every type are equally ridiculous

I want people to use some common sense to come to a middle ground,,,

The purpose of hollow point rounds is to stop an attacker dead. More expensive than other types of ammo, but more stopping power too.

They are considered far safer for the general public since they do not penetrate the target and kill innocent bystanders.

True that. drinker

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sun 12/16/12 04:19 PM

Gun control in the US is a lost cause. Periodic mass murders is just the price the citizens have to pay for that right.

I Agree.

And even if it is illegal to carry a gun; there will still be people carrying a gun.

And, most of those people carrying will be folks like the NBP and other radical criminals who mean to kill and/or rob folks.

Where concealed carry or open carry is legal there is less gun related violence.

thats not a true statement

or rather, it is misleading

less than what?

there are some concealed states where the rates are higher than other non concealed states

there is no across the board causation there,,,,

and NBP , Farrkhan, and Obama arent relevant to EVERY issue

Like hell it's not true.
NBP shows AK's. They are armed and dangerous.

yeah,, those two thousand or so members (some of them youth and some senior citizens) are all carrying AK's

fear them and not the dozens of thousands of paranoid homeowners, security guards, and other 'legally' armed citizens

that makes sensefrustrated frustrated
Maybe some do carry them, maybe they don't. The nice thing about being free to carry is that an attacker has no idea who is armed or with what. It's a very strong disincentive to criminals.

heavenlyboy34's photo
Sun 12/16/12 04:17 PM

What makes some people think that better gun control would have somehow prevented that tragedy in Connecticut? The shooter didn't use guns that belonged to him. He took guns that belonged to his mother.

If you want the 2nd Amendment eliminated, then just come out and say so.

probably couldnt have stopped it, but might have been able to avoid as much suffering

'The chief medical examiner said the ammunition was the type designed to break up inside a victim's body and inflict the maximum amount of damage, tearing apart bone and tissue.'

WHY does a civilian need this kind of ammo?
the mom was a gun 'enthusiast',,,,according to reports so far

I think the notion that noone should have guns of any type, and the notion that everyone should be able to have guns of every type are equally ridiculous

I want people to use some common sense to come to a middle ground,,,

The purpose of hollow point rounds is to stop an attacker dead. More expensive than other types of ammo, but more stopping power too.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25