Community > Posts By > 1Cynderella

1Cynderella's photo
Fri 08/16/13 09:52 PM

I think choosing someone to be with is just like anything else in our lives, a choice...a decision. I believe it's one of the biggest we can make, but it's still just a choice.

I have no doubt passed up a couple of offers that would have been very nice fits for me and I would have been satisfied in a forever relationship with them.

But there is something telling me there is more and I don't believe there is just one of those either. flowerforyou

Then again....it could just be gas. slaphead :laughing:
you didn't learn you lesson from the 5 story descend down the outer metal stairway in high heels at the Husband mart that day...come on, these guys "fit" you!:laughing: waving

Pony is back and racing the same track. laugh flowerforyou

1Cynderella's photo
Fri 08/16/13 09:50 PM

I think choosing someone to be with is just like anything else in our lives, a choice...a decision. I believe it's one of the biggest we can make, but it's still just a choice.

I have no doubt passed up a couple of offers that would have been very nice fits for me and I would have been satisfied in a forever relationship with them.

But there is something telling me there is more and I don't believe there is just one of those either. flowerforyou

Do you need me to burp ya? :tongue: laugh

I like this offer best when I take off my glasses after, "Do you need me..." drool smitten tongue2

1Cynderella's photo
Fri 08/16/13 02:26 PM

This is mostly for the mature lovely ladies over 40. Is just a regular decent looking guy whose is fun, witty, honest and steady just not enough anymore? I grew up kinda traditional and that's the way I go. Seems like now you have to be superman or something anymore. Am I wrong? You younger ladies are welcome to weigh in too. Would really like to hear what everyone's opinion is. Thanks.

If you point out some of these superman types to me...or tell me where they hang out, I'll go take a look and get back to you on that one. :thumbsup: rofl

Seriously though, it sounds as if the women you go after are not those who appreciate the assets you have and value. Maybe reassess the type of women you approach? flowerforyou

1Cynderella's photo
Fri 08/16/13 01:37 PM

1Cynderella's photo
Fri 08/16/13 12:45 PM

I think your profile is very nice actually. It's not complicated, nor too mysterious.

Your photos show some of your interests and personality as does your written profile.

Some might say what you wrote is on the short side, yet it is not the least evasive.

I think you've created a brief yet friendly invitation to chat with a pleasant and intelligent young man.

Good job. I've no doubt you will gain many positive responses. flowerforyou

Welcome to Mingle. Participating in the forums is the fastest and easiest way to get to know people and discover friendships. We'll hope to see you here. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I just checked out your profile too and I have to say that it's great! I wish most women my age had one like yours. It seems like you've put the right amount of detail and you've got a wonderful sense of humour too. And since you're not looking to date, the lack of you in profile pictures isn't a problem

And yes, I will be joining in the rest of the forums too :)

Well, thank you very much and I will look forward to seeing you about Mingle town then. :thumbsup:

1Cynderella's photo
Fri 08/16/13 06:55 AM
I think your profile is very nice actually. It's not complicated, nor too mysterious.

Your photos show some of your interests and personality as does your written profile.

Some might say what you wrote is on the short side, yet it is not the least evasive.

I think you've created a brief yet friendly invitation to chat with a pleasant and intelligent young man.

Good job. I've no doubt you will gain many positive responses. flowerforyou

Welcome to Mingle. Participating in the forums is the fastest and easiest way to get to know people and discover friendships. We'll hope to see you here. :thumbsup:

1Cynderella's photo
Fri 08/16/13 06:42 AM
I've never been given a break up line. But in the future, if a man can reduce breaking off with me to a generic line, I will consider myself lucky I will no longer be with someone so undeserving of my affection. ohwell

1Cynderella's photo
Fri 08/16/13 06:32 AM

Lets say you meet your perfect match. What if anything have you learned from past relationships and what if anything would you change to help make this one last?

Since all of the men, relationships, and situations of my past were so very different, anything I may have learned about each of them specifically would not necessarily apply to another.

But overall, I have learned to adapt to the specific needs, desires, expectations, and quirks of a relationship and appreciate each one for it's own merit and complexity.

I've also learned that a relationship has to have room to grow and cannot do so when strangled by too much expectation. Besides, if one, the other, or both of you are constantly striving to meet a plethora of preconceived notions, it eats up too much time you could be having fun and sharing your love. flowerforyou

Yes...I said plethora. tongue2 :wink:

1Cynderella's photo
Thu 08/15/13 09:37 PM

My belongings are mine.
If you can't accept that then you are not Luna, whom I seek & is the only girl that I would ever be with.
I don't go around telling girls what they're allowed to posses so why would they try to tell me what I can have?
I don't want the girl that I'm with to be my mother.
Telling me what to do, nagging me for no reason, and being a total drag.
I'm capable of making my own decisions.

Just in case you don't know who I am. whoa

I am Lunar, The MoonsDragonLionWolf, Knight Of Moonlight! :angry:

I purposely used the word "give". Isn't to give indicative of willingness? what

It pains me to see so many jump to this kind of conclusion...as we weigh everything on the scales of experience. Have women really become such oppressors of men these days? flowerforyou

No because I'm not willingly giving away anything just because you have problems with me having something and you not liking it.
There are women who try to oppress and suppress men and others who don't.
No differently than men.

Sad, but valid point Fear, but that's not what this was supposed to be about. Everyone seems to want to make it about that kind of demand though, so yours is not the first time my meaning was misunderstood. So I have to believe I did not phrase it well, or this has snowballed from the first person who made this kind of response.

There are many reasons why both parties might have to make sacrifices in order to be together. Whether financial, constraints in living arrangements, one party moving a long distance that they cannot take all of their belongings or allergies to...IDK...leather or whatever.

If a VALID reason would cause you to make a choice of relationship or your stuff...what would you choose. That might have been a better way to pose the question in the OP...had I realized it would have taken this path. frustrated

flowerforyou

I'll live under a bridge in a cardboard box with all of my stuff before I ever give it up.
I truly hope you would never have to make that move Fear. flowerforyou

1Cynderella's photo
Thu 08/15/13 09:34 PM

Question like that is what goes through my mind occasionally. For instance if you'd had to relocate to be with a partner permanently. Let's say it's easier for you to change environment/job/house etc. than it is for him. Or maybe he lives in another country.

I would give up my things. Not just make up and clothes, I'd rather leave those behind and buy new ones, and instead take some items that are very dear to me and cannot be replaced.
But yes, I would, but only if I was absolutely convinced it's THE relationship. I wouldn't think lightly about it.
I've moved house a great many times, lived in other countries too, so sort of know what it feels like to leave your stuff behind.
I've had to make a similar decision some 11 years ago, must admit I was too hasty, underestimated the impact. So lot would depend on the man, the commitment he's made/making and the relationship. Like I said, not something to think lightly about. Yes it's "just" material that can be replaced, but the things you've gathered around you throughout life are there for a reason, they have a purpose. They make you feel comfy, at home, at ease. They also reflect who you are. It's more than 'just' stuff.
My experience ...
I like this answer very much. You can tell you've spent some time thinking on it. flowerforyou

1Cynderella's photo
Thu 08/15/13 09:26 PM

The Chapel on the Rock (officially, Saint Catherine of Siena Chapel) is a popular tourist landmark in Allenspark, Colorado, visited by thousands every year. The chapel is located on the grounds of the Saint Malo Retreat Center, the retreat center for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Denver, near Mount Meeker. In 1999, Boulder County designated the chapel as a historic site. Pope John Paul II prayed at the chapel during his visit to Denver for World Youth Day in 1993. Afterwards, the chapel received his personal blessing. The Pope later hiked in the surrounding woods and spent some time at the Saint Malo Retreat Center. The Saint Malo Retreat Center was destroyed by fire in November 2011, but the chapel was not damaged.

I've seen this church....LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :thumbsup:

1Cynderella's photo
Thu 08/15/13 09:23 PM

beautiful dress and beautiful art form....in honor of cyn :)
Very nice indeed! flowerforyou

1Cynderella's photo
Thu 08/15/13 09:18 PM

right....I haven't been working on that very much and it is a great suggestion.... I have a strong upper body from swimming and a high waist. So that is a disadvantage then? I thought I was just a scaredy cat lol
No...strength is never a disadvantage and I don't believe high waist is either. I think it took me 4 years to relax into it for a full minute...soo...and already had the balance of 15 years of ballet. I'm sure you're doing just great. Like all other poses, there will come a day with regular practice when it just clicks with your body. happy

I agree...there was a time when I could have done that pose with a little practice but part of my yoga is to rebalance and heal a rotator cuff and a sprain/contusion. so yes....I consider myself a walking miraclehappy flowerforyou

That's awesome! You couldn't have picked a better method to recovery. Yoga is the best therapy for EVERYTHING! biggrin flowerforyou

1Cynderella's photo
Thu 08/15/13 09:14 PM

When I was married and my ex would go out with her friends I would tell her to have fun and call me if she needed me to drive her and her friends home or if it was an emergency. She would say the same to me when I went out with the fellas. Hell...I used to like those nights she would go out with the ladies cause that was when the house and the remote were all mine and I could have hookers over. :tongue: laugh

Oh Puhlease, who do you think you're kidding dear. whoa You were watching Lifetime movies and you KNOW IT. tongue2

1Cynderella's photo
Thu 08/15/13 09:09 PM

[

Cinderella, I have given in a few times. I know one thing is I would never bother a guy again if I knew he didnt want me. So what would make anyone want to do that?

Just that, because you have "given in a few times".

I just figured out that by "given in a few times"...you don't mean you went on dates with him do you?

I have to agree with the others who have said this is the problem. I would consider sleeping with someone you aren't into a problem on more levels than...you've totally lead the man on. sad2

Yes we did go out and hung out at my place and his. We also took a 7 day trip togethe

laugh That's what I get for second guessing things. I had started to think that by "giving in" you meant giving it up. slaphead

1Cynderella's photo
Thu 08/15/13 06:07 PM

I can think of a couple of reasons...

1. They think you might have a change if heart and want to be there when you do? slaphead

or

2. They think if they bug you long and hard enough, you will eventually throw up your arms in exasperation and say..."fine, just take me already!" just to make the madness stop. And they certainly want to be there when THAT happens. whoa

I just said "long and hard" again. :laughing:

Cinderella, I have given in a few times. I know one thing is I would never bother a guy again if I knew he didnt want me. So what would make anyone want to do that?

Just that, because you have "given in a few times".

I just figured out that by "given in a few times"...you don't mean you went on dates with him do you?

I have to agree with the others who have said this is the problem. I would consider sleeping with someone you aren't into a problem on more levels than...you've totally lead the man on. sad2

1Cynderella's photo
Thu 08/15/13 06:01 PM

If this were a regular occurrence, I would consider it a discourtesy for certain, but would need more reasons than getting carried away with his friends to doubt his honesty or fidelity.

Personally, I would not care for the situation, but would rather just assume he was going on an all nighter every time he goes out with these particular friends, than make it a battle between us...ie, cancel our plans and plan my own girls night, and let him know I'll refuse to make plans involving him on these days because I can't depend on him to keep them. ohwell

Now if these are benders that result in drunk driving...he'd best armor up. :angry:

if it was a regular occurrence would you stay? I am not sure I would. I would prefer someone who has a similar idea to my own. I know I have put up with a "flaker" before and it was not a pleasant experience. it took me awhile to realize I needed to end things.

I also want someone with similar ideas as my own, but if this were one of few things we did not agree on, it's not something that would chase me off. So, if our relationship is strong otherwise, then this would be a compromise for me, because I would not care for it, but would accept it.

Now, if he smells like perfume or sex when he climbs into bed after being out with the boys, it's a whole other story. sad2

1Cynderella's photo
Thu 08/15/13 08:16 AM

speaking of awesome
Did you just give me a pirate? :banana:

Rawrrrrrrr.....Share* time...I dont care if I get front or back* just because Im a Freak like that..:banana: pitchfork drool drool pitchfork :banana:
Pirates Bootysmitten :laughing: rofl

Morning((((((sweet))))))
Morning((((((Cyndi))))))

flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

surprised rofl

1Cynderella's photo
Thu 08/15/13 08:14 AM

right....I haven't been working on that very much and it is a great suggestion.... I have a strong upper body from swimming and a high waist. So that is a disadvantage then? I thought I was just a scaredy cat lol
No...strength is never a disadvantage and I don't believe high waist is either. I think it took me 4 years to relax into it for a full minute...soo...and already had the balance of 15 years of ballet. I'm sure you're doing just great. Like all other poses, there will come a day with regular practice when it just clicks with your body. happy

1Cynderella's photo
Thu 08/15/13 08:03 AM

is he a pirate? I think I can;t give him to anyone, but I think between his eyes, mind, word and music I can share his beauty.....enjoy
As long as he doesn't open his mouth and speak, he can be a pirate if we want him to be. drool rofl

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25