Community > Posts By > Ploduwa03

Ploduwa03's photo
Thu 10/09/14 02:41 AM
Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional

Don’t Judge Others.

Thursday, October 9th .
Pastor Chris

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven (Luke 6:37).

As a Christian, one of the features of your recreated human spirit is love, and love doesn’t judge or slander others. Never tell stories that’ll make your hearers dislike those you’re talking about. It’s wrong. When you judge others, God ignores you. You might want to ask, “How do you know?”
One day, Jesus was sitting somewhere and the Jewish leaders and men chased after a woman whom they said was caught in the very act of adultery. So they said to Jesus, “...Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not” (John 8:4-6).
These scribes and Pharisees were ready to stone the woman to death, according to the Law of Moses, and wanted Jesus’ opinion. The Bible says Jesus ignored them and wrote with His finger on the ground, because that’s what God does to judgmental people. Jesus said, “I do what I see my Father do” (John 5:19). So, when He ignored them, He was expressing the Father’s response to judgmental behaviour.
When He eventually raised His head, He said to the woman’s accusers, “Let the one without sin cast the first stone” (John 8:7). But they couldn’t. So, one after the other, they dropped their stones and left, leaving the woman alone with Jesus. Then Jesus said to her, “..hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more” (John 8:10-11); and she was delivered from the mob.
We’re to act like Jesus; He said, “I wouldn’t condemn you, go and sin no more.” Jesus recognized her sin; meaning we can recognize when people do something that’s wrong; yet, like Jesus, don't judge them.
Give a good picture about others; don’t be the one to project them in a bad light. Your role is to propagate love.

PRAYER:
Dear Father, thank you for sending your Son Jesus in the likeness of men, to show us how to live. As He is, so am I in this world, full of love and compassion and knowing what and how to answer every man. My words bless and lift, in Jesus’ Name.
Amen.

Further Study:
Ecclesiastes 5:2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 2:6-23,
Isaiah 48-49

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 3:1-11,
Ezekiel 1-2

***FAITH IT!***
WHATEVER LIFE THROWS AT YOU: God promises to always lead us into victory. That means no matter what is going on in your life today, no matter what’s happening in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE THANKING GOD BECAUSE VICTORY WILL SOON MANIFEST! "Now thanks be to God who ALWAYS leads us in triumph in Christ...” (2 Cor. 2:14, NKJV).
Have a FANTASTIC DAY IN HIS TRIUMPH....
Good morning beloved....
www.rhapsodyofrealities.org

Ploduwa03's photo
Wed 10/08/14 05:23 AM
I PRAY FOR A WAVE OF FATHER'S SUPERNATURAL PRESENCE, LOVE, POWER
AND PROVISION TO FLOOD YOUR LIFE, IN JESUS' NAME..... REMOVING ALL LACK,
BARRENNESS, SICKNESS and DEFEAT FROM YOUR LIFE and REPLACE IT WITH HIS
ABUNDANT FAVOUR, JOY, PEACE AND GLORY .... KNOW THAT "ONE GOD MOMENT"
WILL ACCELERATE YOUR LIFE FROM BARELY MAKING IT TO ABUNDANT BLESSINGS.......
HALLELUJAH!!! AMEN!!! GOD IS
AWESOME....CHRIST JESUS, YOUR HOPE of GLORY!!!
Have A SUPERNATURAL DAY IN
FATHERS' SUPERNATURAL LOVE.....

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL.

Destined For Greatness!!!

WED 8TH OCT 2014
-Pastor Chris

Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD
blessed him. And the man waxed great, and went
forward, and grew until he became very great
{Genesis26:12-13}.

Isaac had received an instruction from the Lord,not to leave his country to Egypt because of the famine in his country. Of course, people were migrating to Egypt to seek relief, and Isaac thought to do the same. However, the Lord spoke to him and said, “...dwell in the land which I
shall tell thee of: Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father” (Genesis 26:2-3).
Isaac adhered to the Lord’s instruction, and the result is what we see in our opening verses. He grew, waxed great and became very great, so
much so that the Philistines envied him in the same land that was ravaged by famine. God destined the man Isaac for greatness, and he would have strayed from that plan had he not harkened to the Lord’s instruction to stay back
in Gerar.
Follow the leading of God’s Spirit for your life.
Even if you were at crossroads, refuse to be
tempted to go in a direction that you know is contrary to what God has shown you or told you. Yield to the Spirit, for He alone knows and has the blueprint for your greatness, prosperity, and
success. Your greatness isn't determined by your geographical location or earthly nativity.
It’s by your heavenly citizenship, and the continuous deposit of God’s Word in your spirit.
Greatness is your heritage. No matter where you find yourself: at work, home, in school, etc., have the consciousness that you’re
destined for greatness.

PRAYER:
Dear Father, I thank you for your greatness that's in my spirit. I’m the seed of Abraham; therefore, I
manifest greatness. Through your Word, and by the Spirit, my prosperity, success, victory, and greatness are evident, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

«~»F U R T H E R S T U D Y«~» Galatians 3:29(KJV) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
AMP: And if you belong to Christ [are in Him Who is Abraham’s Seed], then you are
Abraham’s offspring and [spiritual] heirs according to promise.
2 Peter 3:1-2(KJV) 1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: 2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken
before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord
and Saviour:
AMP: 1 Beloved, I am now writing you this second letter. In [both of] them I have stirred
up your unsullied (sincere) mind by way of remembrance, 2 That you should recall the
predictions of the holy (consecrated, dedicated)
prophets and the commandment of the Lord
and Savior [given] through your apostles (His special messengers).

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING PLAN:
1 Year Bible Reading Plan
Colossians 1:24, 2:1-5;Isaiah 46-47
2 Year Bible Reading Plan:
Hebrews 2:10-18;Lamentation 4-5
Good morning beloved....

Ploduwa03's photo
Tue 10/07/14 01:46 AM
She sneaked into her room so quietly
Settled into the life she lived so privately.
Prostitution, what a life
Old enough to be a wife.
The sick and the healthy
The weak and the wealthy
The wretched and the rich
Some even called her a witch
Then that morning…
The knock was faint, so tender
Ten Jewish men? No, they must not enter.
What do they want from a mere harlot?
Our fathers did tell us about you
And the mighty works of your Mighty God
About Moses, the Red Sea and all
Our hearts did fail us.
Another knock, so loud, so shocking
Jericho Forces? No, they must not enter.
What do they want from a lowly outcast?
She hid the Jewish spies
And told her many lies
But she accepted the God of Israel
Gave up and risked her life for Him.
God took note in heaven
Fast-forward:
Jesus Christ is from the lineage of that
prostitute. Her name is prominent in the
Hebrews’ hall of faith. Why?
Because “Blessed is he whose transgression
is forgiven, whose sin is covered” (Psalm
32:1).

Ploduwa03's photo
Tue 10/07/14 01:43 AM
TODAY'S DECLARATION:
"I AM STRONG IN THE LORD AND IN THE POWER OF HIS
MIGHT.....NO WEAPON FORMER AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER, I AM AN ANOINTED,
EQUIPPED AND AN EMPOWERED CHILD OF THE MOST HIGH GOD. I HAVE THE LIFE, NATURE, AND ABILITY OF GOD INSIDE OF ME. I AM HIGHLY FAVOURED AND
ABUNDANTLY BLESSED FOR HOLY SPIRIT HAS POURED THE LOVE OF GOD AND THE
GREATNESS OF GOD INSIDE OF ME....."
Have an EXCITING DAY DECLARING...

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL;

YOUR REFLECTION IN HIM.

TUESDAY, OCT 7TH, 2014
-Pastor Chris

Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye maybe blameless and
harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain (Philippians 2:14-16).

The underlined portion of our theme scripture says, “Holding forth the word of life.” When you hold forth the Word of life, you’re holding
out the picture of Jesus, for He is the Living Word, and He is life. The beautiful thing about
that picture is that when it’s held out, people see themselves and how beautiful they are; they see a reflection of themselves in Christ. God’s
Word mirrors us. 2 Cor. 3:18 says, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass
the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”
As we look into God’s mirror, which is His Word, where the beauty of Christ is expressed,
we’re changed into the same image of glory that we see in the Word. Then you discover
you’re not the weakling you thought you were; you're not the disease-stricken fellow or drug addict for which others had written off. You’re the glory of God. Christ is your beauty, and your righteousness. As He is, so are you, in this world (1 John 4:17).
This is why it’s so important that you study and meditate on the Word. As you do, you see the reflection of who you are in Christ, and your
inheritance in Him: “And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his
grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified” (Acts 20:32). The more you look
into the mirror of God (His Word), the more faith comes to you, and the more you become what you see in the Word (Romans 10:17).
Glory to God!

PRAYER:
Dear Father, thank you for the revelation of Jesus in the Word. As I look into the Word, I’m transfigured, from glory to glory! I'm so grateful, Lord, that not only is my life the
expression of your righteousness, but also the
manifestation of your beauty, wisdom, and excellence, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 John 4: 7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. Col. 3: 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
James 1: 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 1:1-23;Isaiah 44-45
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 2:1-9; Lamentation 3
Good morning beloved....

Ploduwa03's photo
Mon 10/06/14 02:41 AM
WHATEVER LIFE THROWS AT YOU:
REMEMBER, YOU ARE EQUIPPED, EMPOWERED AND ANOINTED FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS..... YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES.
YOU ARE NOT LACKING- GODS ABILITY IS IN YOU. REJOICE, REJOICE AND BE GLAD, YOUR
INCREASE AND VICTORY IS AT HAND. THIS IS YOUR TIME FOR BREAKTHROUGH AND NEW
OPPORTUNITIES.... YOU ARE READY FOR WHATEVER MAY COME BECAUSE YOU PUT
YOUR FAITH AND TRUST IN THE LIVING GODWHO WILL NEVER/EVER FAIL YOU....
Have an EXCITING DAY FOR CHRIST IN YOU IS YOUR HOPE OF GLORY...... (Col1:27)

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

LOVE OTHERS AS THEY ARE.

MONDAY,OCTOBER 6TH,2014.
-Pastor Chris

…But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:7-8).

Some people believe anyone who isn’t like them has a problem; they try to “change” other people or get them to measure up to their standards. Having pastored for so many years, I've learnt that you really can’t “change” anybody. The best thing is to see others the way God sees them; love them the way they are.
God didn’t ask us to change so He could love us; He loved us while we were yet sinners. He didn’t wait for us to become righteous first; He loved us the way we were and sent Jesus to die in our place.
If God didn’t wait for us to “change” first, before sending Jesus to die for us, then we must emulate the same in our relationships. This doesn’t mean we don’t need to make changes in our lives or expect changes in other people. The change we all need to embrace, however, is that which helps us become even more gracious; that which helps us become more and more of what God wants us to be: the expression of His glory, righteousness, and love. You don’t need to “change” your neighbours, friends, colleagues, spouse, etc.; just love them. They are all wonderful the way they are.
Read what Paul said: “To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some” (1 Corinthians 9:22). That means he made adjustments to accommodate other people. That’s for us to emulate.
Remember, before he learnt that, he was trying to change other people. He was on his way to Damascus to “change” the Christians, when the Lord called him and gave him his divine assignment (Acts 9:3-5), to turn the Gentiles from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God. But that was for a purpose; it was so the Gentiles may receive forgiveness of sins, and an inheritance amongst them which are sanctified (Acts 26:18). It wasn’t so that He (God) could love the Gentiles more.
We can share God’s love—His Word with others—to help them become what God wants them to be, not what we want them to be.

PRAYER: Thank you Father, for helping me appreciate others and value them for who they are. Thank you for your love that’s in my heart, which I express to everyone around me today, through my words and actions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 5:5(CEV)
that will never disappoint us. All of this happens because God has given us the Holy Spirit, who fills our hearts with his love.
1 John 4:17(CEV)
If we truly love others and live as Christ did in this world, we won't be worried about the day of judgment.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING: 1-Year Bible Study Plan: Philippians 4:4-23;Isaiah 42-43
2-Year Bible Study Plan: Hebrews 1:1-14;Lamentation 2.
Good morning beloved....

Ploduwa03's photo
Sat 10/04/14 01:03 AM
mean God’s denying you; it means God’s preparing you!
Today I pray for those who feel like they want to give up. May the Holy spirit refresh you and give you strength to press through to victory!
You are strengthened in the name of Jesus.

Rhapsody Of Realities

Humility: The Way To Greatness.

Saturday, October 4th .
Pastor Chris

...Truly I say to you, unless you repent (change, turn about) and become like little children [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving], you can never enter the kingdom of heaven [at all]. Whoever will humble himself therefore and become like this little child [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving] is greatest in the
kingdom of heaven (Matthew 18:3-4 AMP).

Great men and women are usually very humble. People who are puffed up or
arrogant are never great. Infact, they're puffed up because there isn’t anything great about them. Proverbs 18:12 says, “Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.” James 4:6 also says, “But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.” Every child of God must be humble. Humility, however, doesn’t mean you’re foolish, neither does it mean stupidity. Humility is of the mind and of the heart; it’s of the inward man. You can know a humble man not just from the outside, but from the inside. True humility is submitting yourself to the Lordship of Jesus Christ through the Word. The Word of God is the only power that can get into your spirit to make the necessary adjustments. When you
study the Word and let it guide your thoughts, actions and way of life, you’re automatically submitting to Jesus because He’s the Living Word. God has destined you for greatness! As you get greater, be more humble.
Small men are rough, brash and disrespectful. Never esteem yourself by your natural achievements or physical abilities; submit yourself instead, to the
Word. Follow instructions and submit yourself to leadership. As you receive God’s Word and act accordingly, you become more humble, and your life becomes more glorious.

PRAYER:
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the life of Christ in me. Thank you for the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, who teaches and guides me from within. Thank you for your Word that teaches me the importance of humility; it produces the result of what it talks about in me today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Luke 9:48 And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great. ;
1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Daily Scripture Reading;
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:19-3:1-11,
Isaiah 38-39
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philemon 1:1-9,Jeremiah 52.

Good morning beloved....

Ploduwa03's photo
Fri 10/03/14 03:18 AM
ABUNDANT BLESSINGS TO YOU FROM OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS - THE ANOINTED ONE - " WHO HAS BLESSED YOU WITH E-V-E-
R-Y SPIRITUAL BLESSING IN THE HEAVENLIES" ..... STAY IN HIS JOY , FOR IT IS YOUR STRENGTH AND BE FULL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. "EAT" HIS WORD FOR IT "IS LIFE and
HEALTH TO MAN'S WHOLE
BODY" (Prov4:22)..... AND REMEMBER YOU ARE GREATLY LOVED and HIGHLY FAVOURED
AS YOU ARE HAVING SUPERNATURAL DAY... HALLELUJAH!

Rhapsody of Realities

Our Heavenly Pedigree .

Friday, October 3rd .
Pastor Chris

But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives… (Philippians 3:20 NLT).
When you were born again, you became a bona fide citizen of heaven. You’re from the government of Zion, functioning in the earth as heaven’s ambassador. The Spirit of God plainly emphasized this through the writings of the Apostle Paul to the Church. Ephesians 1:21 says Jesus Christ has been set in the place of authority in the heavenly realms, not just above or near above, but “far” above all principality, and power; that is, every rulership or government, and the authority by which they govern.
The Wuest Translation renders it beautifully: it says Christ is seated “…over and above every government and authority and power and lordship....” You might say, “Yes, that's Jesus, but how does that connect me?” Ephesians 2:1-6 gives us the connection. Part of it says, “And you hath he quickened…together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)...And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.” Notice your current location: you’ve been raised up together, and made to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.
This, therefore, means you’re from the government of heaven; you’re over and above every rulership or government, and the authority by which they govern. It doesn't matter where you go in this world; wherever you find yourself, be conscious of your heavenly pedigree. When I go out, whether from one country to another or within an environment, I'm always conscious that I’m from the government of heaven. Carry that consciousness as well. You're not an ordinary person.
Look beyond your natural citizenship, the country of your earthly nativity, to Zion, the real country of your birth. Psalms 87:4-5 shows that you were born in Zion. You’re far removed from the influences of demons, wickedness, perils and debilitating forces in this world.

CONFESSION

I'm seated with Christ in the place of authority, over and above every government, authority, power, lordship and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in the one to come. I’m over and above all circumstances of life,in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: Ephesians 2:1-6 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: ;
Matthew 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. ;
Psalm 87:4-5 I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there. 5 And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:1-18, Isaiah 35-37
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Titus 3:1-15, Jeremiah 51

Ploduwa03's photo
Thu 10/02/14 03:27 AM
JOY- CONFESSION :
JUST LIKE JESUS, I AM
ANOINTED WITH THE OIL OF JOY...... JOY UNSPEAKABLE and FULL of GLORY...... JOY
M THAT COMES WITH THE MORNING... JOY THAT IS MY STRENGTH.....JOY THAT COMES
BY HAVING MY PRAYERS ANSWERED..... JOY THAT EXALTS ME IN THE KINGDOM OF.GOD.... " The KINGDOM OF GOD ........ IS RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE and JOY IN THE HOLY SPIRIT" (Rom14:17)...
Have a WONDERFUL DAY LIVING in the JOY of the
LORD.......

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

Sow The Right Words Into Your Life.

THURSDAY, 2ND OCTOBER.
-Pastor Chris

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also
reap (Galatians 6:7).

The Lord Jesus, in narrating the parable of the sower said, “A sower went out to sow his
seed…” (Luke 8:5). Then in the eleventh verse, He explained that the seed the sower sowed was the Word of God, letting us know that words are seeds.
We read in our opening verse that what you sow is what you reap. If you sow good seeds
(the right words) into your life, they'll produce the right results. You can’t sow corn
seeds, for instance, and expect to harvest mangos; every seed reproduces after its kind.
So, the question is, what words are you sowing into your life?
Words come to us when we listen to other people, in messages that we receive from our environment, what we read, watch etc. These
words become seeds that are sown into our lives, reproducing the character that we become. Who you are today is not an accident; it's the result of all the seeds
(words) that have been sown into you all your life: by those who took care of you while you were growing up, your
environment, the schools you attended, and all the information you received through your senses of hearing and sight. How these
words got into you isn’t so important; what’s important is that they did, and today you're
the result of those words.
If those words (seeds) weren't the right ones, and you want to make adjustments, you have to introduce new “seeds.” You can't make the
adjustment by crying or regretting; you can only do so by sowing the right words into
you. Sow words of joy, peace and love, and you'll reap the same. Your life goes in the
direction of your words. If your words are excellent, your life will be excellent.
Stop your heart and ears from the wrong words. The only words you should allow take
root in your heart are words that inspire, lift, bless and stir you in the direction of God’s perfect will.

CONFESSION:
The Lord perfects that which concerns me!
I’m the expression of His glory, grace, wisdom and righteousness. I walk in
preordained pathways today, and I make progress by the Word, living triumphantly to
the glory of His Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it
shall be done unto you.
Colossians 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

One Year Bible Reading Plan:
Philippians 1:1-30, Isaiah 33-34.
Two Year Bible Reading Plan:
Titus 2:1-15, Jeremiah 50.

Ploduwa03's photo
Wed 10/01/14 07:46 AM

*Proverbs 30:5-6*
The Book of Proverbs is full of gentle, pithy,
sometimes trenchant words of wisdom. These
wisdom statements bear eternal truths, that is
why we can read them today, thousands of
years after they were penned, and still be
shaken and moved by them, still see their
wisdom. They are homey insights rooted in
common human experience. They are inspired
by the Holy Spirit. And, like all such proverbial
statements, they are intended to instruct us.
They are meant to show us, in simple terms,
how to live in accord with God’s eternal and
life-giving laws.
Every word of God is tested; he is a shield to
those who take refuge in him. Add nothing to
his words, lest he reprove you, and you will be
exposed as a deceiver.ʺ (Proverbs 30: 5-6)
These are the opening words of today’s
passage from Proverbs. They are very clear
and one does not miss their intent. We are to
take them as they are. We are not to add
anything to them. In their own way, they teach
us the importance of humility. To add anything
to God’s word, or worse, to subtract anything
from God’s word, would be a supreme act of
pride. Those who are ordained to teach and to
preach God’s word must do so with humble
fear and trembling, lest they fall victim to the
siren call of pride. God’s words are tested and
they are pure. We must approach them with
this understanding in mind.
The rest of the passage has the potential of
being a major challenge to us today. Especially
in our society, which gives so much
importance to wealth. To often in our culture,
wealth becomes an idol. This passage
challenges the gospel of prosperity directly.
And it does so, not by a direct condemnation,
but with simple, positive words of wisdom:
ʺTwo things I ask of you, deny them not to me
before I die: Put falsehood and lying far from
me, give me neither poverty nor riches;
provide me only with the food I need; lest,
being full, I deny you, saying, ‘Who is the
Lord?’ Or being in want, I steal, and profane
the name of my God.ʺ (Proverbs 30: 7-9)
There is the wisdom of a happy life. If we read
it correctly, we can see that it is rooted in the
humble recognition of our absolute
dependence on God. By keeping our eyes on
God, rather than on our material condition, we
are able to see the proper balance of a good
life. We can see that both riches and poverty,
if they become the sole concerns of our lives,
if they drive everything we do, they can draw
us away from ourselves, others, and God. We
can become driven by competition, by
comparing ourselves to others, and our lives
then can become a swamp of greed, jealousy,
anger, and despair. If, on the other hand, we
see the the wisdom of God here, if we see that
the Golden Mean, the balance, is the source of
happiness, then, if we are rich, we will be
happily detached enough from the idol of
wealth that we will give generously of our
time, treasure, and talent to meet the needs of
those who have not. Our wealth will not cause
us to have a false sense of ourselves. If we
truly understand the word of God here, we will
not let ourselves become too ‘full’ of the
‘comforts’ that our wealth makes available to
us at our instant demand, we will not deny
God, saying, ‘Who is the Lord?’ If I understand
God’s word here, and I am poor, and in want,
I will not be driven to steal, and in doing so,
profane God’s name.
In our world, there are human-created
conditions that cause directly affect the poor,
that even create the conditions of poverty, or
exacerbate them. The poor find little in the
way of support or sympathy. Remember the
parable of Lazarus and Dives. Lazarus, sat
begging every day before the gates of Dives’
house in his ragged clothes, his skin covered
with sores. Every day, Dives, in his comfort,
passed in and out of his door never paying a
moment’s attention to Lazarus, or his plight. If
Dives had paid heed to this passage from
proverbs and seen that his status and his
wealth were nothing in comparison to Lazarus’
suffering, he would not have found himself in
hell. Lazarus, on the other hand, did not steal
from Dives, did not, respond to Dives’
indifference with self-righteous anger. In his
day, of course, there were no social programs
like Welfare, or Social Security. The poor in
those days were said to be in that condition by
the will of God. That ‘theology’ has even come
down into our own times. That is a theology
that could only come from human pride. It
attempts to assign human pride to the will of
God. It turns God’s nature into something that
is arbitrary, even unloving. This can only come
from a heart that is too full of itself, that is
on the verge of denying God.
Let us all pray over these words of wisdom
from the Book of Proverbs. ʺTwo things I ask
of you…Put falsehood and lying far from me,
give me neither poverty nor riches; provide me
only with the food I need. Lest being full, I
deny you, saying, ‘Who is the Lord?’ Or, being
in want, I steal, and profane the name of
God. Let us pray that God teach our hearts
desire a holy balance, so that we may be truly
happy, in Jesus name. Amen.

Ploduwa03's photo
Tue 09/30/14 01:53 AM
CONFESSION ON THIS BLESSED TUESDAY:
I VALUE THE SUPERNATURAL IN MY LIFE....BY FAITH I PLEASE GOD AND I AM WELL ABLE, ANOINTED AND I AM EQUIPPED FOR EVERY GOOD WORK. I AM EMPOWERED BY HOLY SPIRIT. MY LIFE IS GUIDED BY GODS GLORIOUS WORD. NO OBSTACLE CAN DEFEAT ME BECAUSE MY MIND IS PROGRAMMED FOR
VICTORY FOR I AM MORE THAN A CONQUEROR IN CHRIST JESUS....
Have a GLORIOUS SUPERNATURAL DAY BEING WHO YOU ARE.... BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE!!!!

Rhapsody of Realities

The Gospel Unveils God’s Righteousness

Tuesday, September 30th
Pastor Chris

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith... (Romans 1:16-17).
Through the years, men have sought righteousness, wanting to be righteous before God. However, the latter part of our opening scripture explains the reason for their inability to attain righteousness or even comprehend what it means. The righteousness of God is only revealed in the Gospel of Christ. The Gospel of Christ is the unveiling of God’s righteousness; it’s the Gospel of God’s righteousness. Therefore, until one accepts the Gospel of Christ, he or she will never be able to live a righteous life or know what the righteousness of God is.
Righteousness gives you the ability to stand in the presence of God without condemnation, guilt, fear or sense of inferiority. It’s the ability to stand in fellowship with God and having the rightness of God in your spirit. There’s no other way to come into this extraordinary life of righteousness and oneness with the Lord except through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
This is why we can’t afford to be quiet about the Gospel. It’s the answer to man’s cry. Let’s not act as though there’s another way. There’s no other way for men to learn of the righteousness of God, receive the righteousness of God, or understand the righteousness of God, outside of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So, don’t be quiet in your locality, city, town, or nation; make the message of salvation known.
You hold the key to the salvation of men; therefore, preach the Gospel and unveil the righteousness of God to them. Be the answer to their search for God’s righteousness.

PRAYER:
Dear Father, I thank you for your righteousness revealed in the Gospel of Christ. As the message of salvation gets into the hearts of men today, I pray that faith be ignited in them to receive and become the effulgence of your righteousness, as eternal life is imparted to their spirits, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: ;

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 5:22-6:9,
Isaiah 29-30
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 4:11-22, Jeremiah 48

Ploduwa03's photo
Mon 09/29/14 07:24 AM
WHATEVER LIFE THROWS AT YOU:
REMEMBER,YOU ARE A WINNER!!!! BREAK
OUT OF AVERAGE... STEP INTO GREATNESS....
BECAUSE YOU ARE A NEW CREATURE IN
CHRIST JESUS, THE OLD IS GONE.... THE NEW
HAS COME!!! CHRIST IN YOU IS REALLY
GREAT!!! YOU NOW HAVE THE DNA OF THE
MOST HIGH GOD... GREATNESS IS IN YOUR
GENES.... LIVE WITH THE ATTITUDE OF A
WINNER AND BOLDLY ENFORCE YOUR
BLESSINGS THAT GOD HAS ALREADY BLESSED
YOU WITH IN JESUS (Ephes1:3). Have a
FANTASTIC DAY WITH CHRIST IN YOU YOUR
CONFIDENT EXPECTATION OF GLORY.......

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

There’s A Reason For Your Being .

MONDAY, 29TH SEPTEMBER.
-Pastor Chris

Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther,
Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape
in the king’s house, more than all the Jews…
and who knoweth whether thou art come to
the kingdom for such a time as this? (Esther 4:13-14).

Have you ever wondered why you were born
in this generation and not in the 1800s, for
example? You have to understand that God
has something to do with your being alive at
this time. He has a purpose for your being.
The children of Israel were in a terrible
predicament, in the days of king Ahasuerus.
A certain man named Haman hated the Jews,
and he happened to be a very influential
figure, and wielded so much authority at the
behest of king Ahasuerus. The king promoted
and elevated him above all the princes in his
kingdom and so all the servants in the king’s
gate bowed and reverenced Haman whenever
he walked by (Esther 3:1-2). Thus, Haman
had the political might and influence to
annihilate the Jews whom he hated, as
Mordecai the Jew would not bow to him.
However, Esther, who was also a Jew, and
married to the king, was relishing the glory
of the palace, completely oblivious of
Haman’s hatred and quest to destroy the
Jews. Mordecai, her uncle, sent a touching
message to Esther which we read in our
theme scripture. He told Esther, “Who
knows, perhaps, you have come to royal
position to prevent this from happening.”
Indeed, Esther’s timely intervention
prevented Haman from actualizing his wicked
plot against the Jews.
Maybe you’re “the Esther” that God has
placed in Government today, in that strategic
position, where you can be of help to God’s
people. Sometimes, it might even be for you
to help an individual, or the work of the
Kingdom in your locality, country or region
to progress further. Perhaps God placed you
there because He knew a time of need would
come, and you’d rise to the occasion. Don’t
fail Him. Don’t neglect any opportunity to
help. Don’t think about yourself only; think
about the Gospel, and its spread around the
world through your personal contribution.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I’m grateful for the
opportunities you’ve made available to me to
be of help to others and be relevant in the
spread of the Gospel around the world. I
recognize and take advantage of your grace
in me to win for others and fulfil my role in
the ministry of reconciliation, in Jesus’
Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought
to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not
to please ourselves.
Galatians 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh
shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he
that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit
reap life everlasting.
Esther 4:16 Go, gather together all the Jews
that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for
me, and neither eat nor drink three days,
night or day: I also and my maidens will fast
likewise; and so will I go in unto the king,
which is not according to the law: and if I
perish, I perish.

One Year Bible Reading Plan:
Ephesians 5:3-21,
Isaiah 27-28
Two Year Bible Reading Plan:
2 Timothy 4:1-10,
Jeremiah 47.

Ploduwa03's photo
Sat 09/27/14 06:17 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities;

Use Your Talent For The Gospel.

Sept 27th 2014
-Pastor Chris

So we are to use our different gifts in accordance with the grace that God has given us. If our gift is to speak God’s message, we should do it according to the faith that we have (Romans 12:6 GNB).

As God’s children, there’s something unique about each one of us; we’re all so uniquely graced and gifted by God. The Bible says, “…But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that” (1Corinthians 7:7). Everything you are in Christ—all the gifts, talents, and abilities God has given you—are to be used for His glory. Whatever the Lord has taught you or is teaching you; whatever He has exposed you to and helped you to know, are all for the furtherance of the Gospel. Therefore, find the opportunity to use them to advance His righteous cause.
Don’t hide what you know; don’t hide your abilities; don’t hide your talents. Prayerfully consider what more you can do for the ministry. How can you contribute? Your abilities and talents are required in the Kingdom. Become available; let others benefit from the Lord’s investment in you. You may not even know what you can do, but as you make yourself available, God’s Spirit will help you bring your gifts and talents to the fore.
The Spirit of God is bringing you this message today because this is the time to take action: use your talents for the Gospel. The Lord is counting on you; He’s counted you faithful, putting you in the ministry: “And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry” (1 Timothy 1:12). He believes in you.
Look out for the need around you; find out what’s necessary to be done in the house of God and be inspired to action. There’re still many souls to be won. Put all you’ve got into the furtherance of the Gospel. Be willing to spend and be spent for the Gospel. The gifts and talents that you have are “…for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ” (Ephesians 4:12).

PRAYER:
Dear Lord, I thank you for the grace you’ve granted me to be effective in the furtherance of the Gospel. My passion for the Gospel is fuelled more than ever before, and I dedicate my all to ensuring that your righteousness covers the earth and is established in the hearts of men, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. ;
Colossians 3:23-24 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; 24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 4:1-16, Isaiah 23-24
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 2:11-26, Jeremiah 45
Good morning and do have a lovely weekend.

Ploduwa03's photo
Thu 09/25/14 11:47 PM
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

DON'T NEGLECT SPIRITUAL DETAILS.

FRIDAY, SEPT 26TH, 2014
-PASTOR CHRIS

Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life (Proverbs 4:13).
As you walk with the Lord, and carry out that which He instructs you to do, you must painstakingly pay attention to spiritual details because of their importance. Moses, for example, learnt this the hard way. In Numbers 20:8, God instructed him, “Take the rod, and …speak ye unto the rock…and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water….”
Moses didn’t know how important it was when God told him to talk to the rock. The instruction to speak to the rock was of spiritual significance which he ignored and struck the rock instead. It was the mistake of his life. The instruction seemed so light to Moses, but the rest of his ministry was hinged on it; he didn’t know it. Moses, however, wouldn’t be the one to lead the children of Israel to the Promised Land, because of this error.
In serving the Lord, it’s very important that you always listen to the details of His instructions, however insignificant to the flesh they might sound. God’s Word is God’s instruction. Live your life, not according to man’s instructions, information or opinions, but according to the Word. God leads you in the path of greatness by giving you clear and specific instructions to follow. It’s not about what somebody advises or instructs you to do; the question is, “What is God’s instruction in His Word about it?”
This is why I love the Bible, because it’s God’s instruction manual for a glorious life. 2 Timothy 3:16 says, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” Do you want to have an excellent life, full of glory and success? There’s a way: Follow God’s Word; don’t neglect the details in His instructions.
Always remember that His wisdom is greater than man’s wisdom; therefore, be sensitive to the guidance He gives you through the Word, and by the Holy Spirit, and you’ll have a beautiful and exceptional life, and gloriously fulfil His calling and destiny for your life.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word, which has in it the ability to cause me to do what it says and be all that you want me to be. By the help of your Spirit, my heart is attuned to your directives and I’m guided to attend to even the minutest detail of your instructions, for therein lies the blessing of a glorious life in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Proverbs 8:33 Living Bible (TLB)
33 “Listen to my counsel—oh, don’t refuse it—and be wise.

Proverbs 23:12 Living Bible (TLB)
12 Don’t refuse to accept criticism; get all the help you can.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 3:1-21 Isaiah 19-22
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 2:1-10 Jeremiah 44.
Good morning and do have a lovely weekend.

Ploduwa03's photo
Thu 09/25/14 04:52 AM
ONLY ONE THING IS NEEDFUL!- You will not lose out when you take time to sit down and listen to God’s Word.
Proverbs 4:20–21
20 My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. 21 Do not
let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart...

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional;

Not Subject To the Elements!

Thursday, September 25th .
Pastor Chris

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances
(Colossians 2:20).

When you were born again, you were delivered from the power of darkness, and
translated into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son (Colossians 1:13). You’re therefore no
longer subject to the elements of this world.
This means that you must refuse to be snowed-under by infirmities and harsh
elements of this world that make life unbearable for the ordinary man.
From our opening scripture, it’s clear that it’s the babe in Christ—the spiritually
immature—that can be subject to the elements of this world. This is why you must
keep growing in the Lord-unto a mature man in Christ. Then you’ll be knowledgeable
enough to walk in the consciousness of your
inheritance in Him.
In John 8:32 the Lord Jesus said, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall
make you free.” If you walk in ignorance of the truth of God’s Word, you’ll remain in
bondage and suffer the same things that the people of the world suffer. You might even
think that God is the one punishing you, but He isn’t. Why will He punish you after He has “punished” Jesus in your place? The Bible says, “...He was wounded for our
transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities…” (Isaiah 53:5).
Your punishment was already laid on Jesus.
Therefore, refuse to be dominated by cancer,
diabetes, heart trouble, headaches, or any other kind of infirmities. Rise up in your
spirit and take the dominion. Tame the world with your faith-filled confessions.
Perhaps, as a businessperson, there’s been so much corruption or unfavourable policies that tend to militate against your success; refuse to be discouraged. No system or policies can work against you; you’re greater than them all; therefore, rise above them.
Function above the system. Remember what the Scripture says, “Ye are of God, little
children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in
the world” (1 John 4:4).
You were dead with Christ, from the rudiments or elements of this world; refuse
to be subject to them. You play by a different set of rules. Have this consciousness always.

CONFESSION:
I refuse to be subject to the elements of this world because greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. I take my place of authority in Christ, and declare that the world is under my dominion, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 17:16 They are not of
the world, even as I am not of the world. ;
1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory
that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Daily Scripture Reading;
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 2:11-22, Isaiah 15-18
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 1:1-18, Jeremiah 43
Good morning and do have a lovely week.

Ploduwa03's photo
Wed 09/24/14 12:20 PM
DECLARATION -THE POWER WITHIN:
I AM THE DWELLING PLACE (HOUSE) OF THE HOLY
SPIRIT - FULL OF POWER, FULL OF LOVE AND FULL OF GLORY - JESUS IS ALIVE IN ME,
THEREFORE THE LIFE OF GOD IS MANIFESTED IN AND THRU ME...... I SHOW FORTH HIS
GLORY, BEAUTY, LOVE and FAVOUR.... I AM LIVING IN THE OVERFLOW and FULNESS OF
MY INHERITANCE IN CHRIST JESUS...MY HEART OVERFLOWS WITH JOY, PRAISE AND
GRATITUDE FOR ALL GOD'S GOODNESS, LOVE and FAVOUR...
Have a JOYFUL DAY in LOVES OVERFLOW....

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional:

Being Born Again

Wednesday Sept 24th, 2014
- Pastor Chris

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (John 3:3).
The term “born again” wasn’t coined by certain denominations as some people think; it was originally used by Jesus to express the necessity for man’s spiritual rebirth. The Lord Jesus used the term when He addressed Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. The expression puzzled Nicodemus, who then sought to know if being “born again” required a man going back into his mother’s womb to be born a second time.
Read the Master’s response in John 3:5-6: “… Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” It’s important to understand the dichotomy of expression when He said, “…except a man be born of water and of the Spirit....” He was dealing with the same substance: spiritual rebirth. The original rendering actually says, “Except a man is born of water, even the spirit.” Water is a type of the Spirit.
When you were born of your mother, you were born of the flesh. Hebrews 12:9 talks about the “fathers of our flesh” and the “Father of spirits.” Your earthly father is the father of your flesh, but God is the Father of spirits. Your spirit came alive to God when you were born again. The Master was quite emphatic about being born again; He said, “…Ye must be born again” (John 3:7); so it isn’t something to be taken lightly.
If you’re born again, be glad about it, for it means you hail from Zion. David wrote about this in Psalms 87:5. He said, “And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.” David was a prophet of God, and spoke prophetically about Zion, the city of God.
Coming to the New Testament, the Bible says, “But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels” (Hebrews 12:22). You’re now established as a bona fide citizen of God’s own city—Zion. You’re a fellow citizen with the saints, and belong to the household of God (Ephesians 2:19). You’re now an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ.

CONFESSION:
I’m a new creation in Christ Jesus, a bona fide citizen of Zion—the city of the living God. I’m no longer a stranger but qualified to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in the light. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Ephesians 2:19; Psalms 87:3

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 1:15, 2:1-10, Isaiah 13-14
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 6:17-21, Jeremiah 42

Ploduwa03's photo
Tue 09/23/14 03:19 AM
Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional

The Importance Of Knowledge.
Tuesday,September 23rd 2014
- Pastor Chris

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge… (Hosea 4:6).

Sad as this may sound, it’s true nonetheless! God’s people suffer in life, not because they don’t pray enough or love God enough, but because they lack accurate and adequate knowledge of the Word. Reiterating this, the Lord Jesus said in Matthew 22:29, “...Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures….”
When people lack accurate and relevant spiritual information from God’s Word, they experience defeat and failure. This isn’t because they’re “weak” Christians or because God couldn’t deliver them; it’s just the plain and inevitable result of ignorance.
Psalms 82:5-7 is so touching; it describes the debacle and despondency of the one who’s ignorant of his heritage and identity in Christ. It says, “They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.” Pathetic!
Now you can better understand why in the lives of some people, things aren’t just happening the way they should; they’re putting in all the efforts they could, yet, nothing productive is coming out. What’s the problem? Ignorance: they know not, neither do they understand; they walk on in darkness, destroyed by sickness and plummeted by the harsh elements of this world. Is this the lot for the Christian? Emphatically no! The Bible declares “…but through knowledge shall the just be delivered” (Proverbs 11:9). If you have knowledge, there’ll be a difference in your life. The knowledge of God’s Word will build you up, and deliver your God-given inheritance into your hands (Acts 20:32).
If you’ve been wondering why your experiences haven’t been as victorious as the Word describes, you need to spend more time studying and meditating on the Word. Build your faith with the Word of God, for faith comes by hearing (Romans 10:17). As the Word comes to you, don’t just agree by way of mental assent, respond by confessing the same things. Soon enough, you’ll change the situation.

PRAYER:
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me understanding and insight into your will, purpose and plans as I study your Word. My heart is flooded with wisdom and spiritual understanding, not just to know, but also to walk in your perfect will today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
Proverbs 11:9 An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.

Daily Scripture Reading:
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 1:1-14, Isaiah 11-12
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1Timothy 6:1-16, Jeremiah 41

Ploduwa03's photo
Tue 09/23/14 03:04 AM
Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, “To every thing there is
a season, and a time to every purpose under
the heaven.”
God invests twenty-four hours in everybody,
every day. A one-day-old baby, a fifty-year-
old man, a twenty-five-year-old girl, black,
white, rich, poor, armed robber, pastor,
prostitute, farmer, banker, student,
American, Nigerian, Asian, everybody.
God also gives everybody the freedom to use
their time any way they desire. The wicked
utilise their time to do more evil. The
righteous utilise their time to do good. One
thing is for sure; a day is coming when
everybody will run out of time. A day is
coming when all of us will give an account of
how we utilised our time.
John 9:4 says, “I must work the works of him
that sent me, while it is day: the night
cometh, when no man can work.”
Romans 14:12 says, “So then every one of us
shall give an account of himself to God.”
As seconds ebb into minutes, as minutes roll
into hours and hours into days, as days melt
into months and months into years, we
should be conscious of the fact that time is
an exhaustible asset and that a day of
reckoning is coming when we will account
for all the time we spent here on earth.
Have a glorious, fruitfull and faith-filled day
in Jesus name. Amen. I love you BIG!

Ploduwa03's photo
Mon 09/22/14 08:16 AM
Hebrews 11:1

“What is faith? How does it manifest itself in a
life and not just in theological verbiage? Paul’s
oft quoted definition here from the letter to
the Hebrews is a pithy and useful place to
start, but it requires a lot of theology and
philosophy to explain it further. Sometimes,
though, it takes a good story to fill in the
blanks for most of us who have neither the
time, the talent, nor the inclination toward the
more academic pursuits of theology and
philosophy. The scriptures are a great aid to
us for they are full of excellent didactic, or
teaching stories. One of the best of those
stories that reveal the reality, the cost, and
the reward of faith can be found in the Second
Book of Maccabees. It goes like this:
“”Most admirable and worthy of everlasting
remembrance was the mother who, seeing her
seven sons perish in a single day, bore it
courageously because of her hope in the Lord.
Filled with a noble spirit that stirred her
womanly reason with manly emotion, she
exhorted each of them in the language of their
ancestors with these words: ‘I do not know
how you came to be in my womb; it was not I
who gave you breath and life, nor was it I who
arranged the elements you are made of.
Therefore, since it is the Creator of the
universe who shaped the beginning of
humankind and brought about the origin of
everything, he, in his mercy, will give you back
both breath and life, because you now
disregard yourselves for he sake of his
law.'”” (2 Maccabees 7: 20-23)
Faith, then, is not just a theological musing; it
is not a mere passive response to mystery.
Rather, it is something more down to earth,
something with life in it. It is something that
is done, not just talked about. This powerful
story that is remembered in this passage
reveals faith in its most profound sense, that
is, in action. It recalls this mother and her
seven sons who refused, even under the threat
of death, to go against the laws of God. They
could have saved their lives, simply by eating,
but they chose, rather, to remain true to the
law. Now, if it was just a matter of ‘laws’ this
story could be interpreted as nothing less than
foolishness on this family’s part. But, in fact, it
is about something beyond the law, something
much deeper than a mere law. These seven
young men and their mother do not just
believe in the ‘law’ but, more importantly, they
believe in the One who gives the law, and his
promise. Indeed, the law is as nothing in
comparison to the One who gives the law,
whose wisdom is beyond that of human
beings. This mother and her seven sons
endured what they did, because of their faith
and the hope that it inspired in them. They
saw in the One who gives the law the
‘substance of what they hoped for and the
evidence for what they could not see with
their finite bodies.
What strikes me most here is that this story,
this famous act of faith is undertaken by
people whose hope is in a savior who had not
yet come, who was a promise yet to be
fulfilled. We Christians have had the
immeasurable grace of being witnesses to, and
the inheritors of, that promise. Jesus, the
promised savior, has come and he has
revealed the truth about God’s love for us in
the flesh, in and through his suffering, death
and resurrection. This mother and her seven
sons did what they did out of the hope for
eternal life that only their faith could have
revealed to them, long before the coming of
Christ into the world. This is faith! What they
did seems utterly foolish in the eyes of the
world. But with the eyes of faith this mother
could say to each son as he was being led to
his torture and death, and which she was
forced to witness each time: “”I do not know
how you came to be in my womb…”” She had
none of the knowledge that we possess almost
without thought today, because of modern
science and technology. But her statement
here is not one of ignorance, but one of
humility. Such wonders, even today, with the
knowledge that science gives us, is still
miraculous and mysterious. Her humility is
revealed further as she goes on to say, “”…it
was not I who gave you breath and life, nor
was it I who arranged the elements you are
made of…”” And so it is today.
This mother was able to counsel each one of
her sons, giving them courage in the faith,
because her faith gave her the ability to ‘see
the unseen.’ Even though, she did not have the
advantage that we do as Christians who have
seen the promise come to be in the flesh, she
was able to tell her sons, “”Therefore, since it
is the Creator of the universe who shaped the
beginning of humankind and brought about the
origin of everything, he, in his mercy, will give
you back both breath and life, because you
now disregard yourselves for the sake of his
law.””
How does one accept, endure, undergo such
suffering and death for something that one has
not seen? Faith is the only conceivable
explanation. Can you see a scientist willingly
enduring such suffering and death for the
second law of thermodynamics? Yet this
mother and her seven sons did so for their
faith in a promise that had yet to be fulfilled.
They did so for the One whom they had not
seen, but who they believed in faith had
’caused them to come to be in their mother’s
womb,’ who had ‘given them breath and life,’
who had ‘arranged the elements they were
made of.’ For this reason alone, were they able
to ‘disregard’ themselves ‘for the sake of his
law.’
We Christians need to hear and to contemplate
this story even more today. There are parts of
the world today where Christians are
confronting this same choice; either submit to
a forced conversion, or suffer and die for the
sake of his name, the one who was promised
and who has come. But even in our own
situation, many of us are ridiculed for our
faith, and our Christian beliefs are daily
threatened and challenged by the powers of
political correctness and hatred. We have to
ask ourselves if our faith is as rich and deep as
that of this mother and her seven sons. Is our
faith strong enough to stand up in the face of
threat and personal attack? Do we have the
courage of our convictions that this mother
and her seven sons had? We may not be put to
a test as extreme as theirs every day, but we
are tested.
We need to meditate on the faith that this
story remembers in Second Maccabees. It
reveals the reality of faith very clearly. While
we may not be threatened with death, we are
challenged to help those we are challenged by.
The culture we live in presently is more and
more a culture of death. We need to challenge
it with our clear and evident faith in a God of
life and hope. We need to have the courage to
live our faith openly and meaningfully.
Christians are a people charged with faith,
hope, and love. We need to help lead the
people back to a culture of life, where life in
all of its diversity is honored, respected and
protected. We are a people who believe in the
natural goodness of all of God’s creation. If we
are not willing to suffer, and maybe even to
die for these truths, then who will? The world
needs us tho have the faith of this mother and
her seven sons. Let us pray for the grace to be
so. Let us pray that God give us the grace to
be his true and enduring sons and daughters.
Amen.
-Dan D

Ploduwa03's photo
Mon 09/22/14 02:29 AM
GOD'S PROVISION IS IN HIS PROMISES - FIND THEM, PROCLAIM THEM and LIVE
THEM........ 2Pet 1:4 tells us God has given us His " VERY GREAT AND PRECIOUS
PROMISES SO THAT THRU THEM YOU MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE DIVINE NATURE" ......
Have a GLORIOUS day PARTICIPATING IN THE DIVINE NATURE.......

Rhapsody of Realities

Believe In Perfection

Monday, September 22nd
-Pastor Chris

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect (Matthew
5:48).

There’re many who don’t believe that perfection is possible. When you try to talk to them about perfection, they don’t want to hear it. With a sneer, they accuse you of being a “perfectionist,” because in their erroneous belief, “nobody can be perfect.” Yet, when you study the Word, there’s no place that suggests to us the impossibility of perfection. God doesn’t give us a chance
not to be perfect. Everything about Him calls for perfection; He requires us to be perfect, not when we get to heaven, but here and now—in the earth!
The reason most people don’t think perfection is possible, which is why they’re not perfect, is that they don’t know what perfection is. Perfection is like success, which can be measured at different stages of your life, according to the set-out objectives, purpose, and goal. Perfection is measured according to the light, instruction, or information that you have with respect to the underlying objectives.
Our opening verse says, “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” The word “perfect” here is the Greek “teleios,” which describes perfection in your heart; a completeness;
measuring your heart with the heart of God.
The way to do this is through the Word. Think, love and forgive as God wants you to—let your heart be like the Father’s heart.
The word “perfect” is also used in 2 Corinthians 13:11; it says, “Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect….” This time, another Greek word, “katartizo” is used for
“perfect.” It means to do things perfectly.
This is not the perfection in the heart (teleios) but of your actions: the things you do and how you do them. The emphasis here is on doing things impeccably right the first time. And the first step in achieving this is learning to pay attention to details!
Believe in perfection and don’t be intimidated by it. Your perfection will be judged according to the training and information that you’ve received, not the one you didn’t get. So, practise being
perfect; think and talk perfection, because the Lord requires it of you.

Prayer:
Dear Father, I thank you for revealing to me your desire for me to be perfect; I affirm my faith in your Word and declare that by reason of your Spirit of excellence that’s at work in me, I think, talk and do perfect things, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

F U R T H E R S T U D Y:
1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit
we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Daily Scripture Reading:
1 Year Bible Reading Plan:
Galatians 6:1-18, Isaiah 9-10
2 Year Bible Reading Plan:
1 Timothy 5:19-25, Jeremiah 40.

Ploduwa03's photo
Sun 09/21/14 10:15 AM
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES SUNDAY, 21ST
SEPTEMBER.
Revealing Christ .
For we which live are alway delivered unto
death for Jesus’ sake, that the life also of
Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal
flesh (2 Corinthians 4:11).
Christianity is the revelation of Christ in you,
the manifestation of the Christ-life in you.
It’s so important that you understand this.
For example, as a Christian, when you act
humbly, it isn’t just because you made an
effort to be humble. When you show love,
care, and kindness to people, it’s much more
than you trying to be nice or uphold good
moral standards; rather, it’s the
manifestation of the life of Christ in you. It’s
because the humility of Christ is in your
spirit.
That outward show of love, kindness,
humility, etc., that others experience from
you is the manifestation of the life of Christ