Community > Posts By > MissyAnn

MissyAnn's photo
Tue 05/20/08 09:56 AM
Call me crazy, but I found this last post profound! You have a good handle on our situation. We were worried that because we stated out kinda hot and heavy that things would fizzle out...I think I am going to take some of this advice to heart...You people rock!!

~Melissa

MissyAnn's photo
Tue 05/20/08 08:15 AM
AND YOU ARE TOO!

MissyAnn's photo
Tue 05/20/08 08:14 AM
there are some real pigs in the world...i have actually had men im me just to tell me i was not their type bacause I am overweight! Screw 'em, I am fabulous!

MissyAnn's photo
Tue 05/20/08 08:11 AM
Whew!!!! I wanted the advice, and whether I like it or not, I am going to take it and move on, I guess....do I just call him and tell him my intentions; be honest with him, or do I just go away?

~Melissa

MissyAnn's photo
Tue 05/20/08 08:00 AM
Thank you!

MissyAnn's photo
Tue 05/20/08 07:58 AM
Dang! I'm gonna miss him, but I guess it's better to get my heart broken now, thne in 6 months when I've fallen in love with him. We were both pretty needy people to start with, and I have a feeling that did not help at all!

MissyAnn's photo
Tue 05/20/08 07:55 AM
LOL...That is the truest statement I have heard in a LONG TIME!

flowerforyou

MissyAnn's photo
Tue 05/20/08 07:52 AM
No, I did not sleep with him right off the bat...We knew each other for a few months, and then we dated for a couple of weeks, then it happened. And I was as willing as he was!

~Melissa

MissyAnn's photo
Tue 05/20/08 07:45 AM
Thank you...I amy just have to do that...it would hurt, but I think I am spinning my wheels here!

MissyAnn's photo
Tue 05/20/08 07:44 AM
I live in Cameron but work in Temple

~Melissa

MissyAnn's photo
Tue 05/20/08 07:39 AM
Good morning,

Looking for some input here. I just broke up with a man after knowing him for some time, but only dating him exclusively for a few weeks. He and I are compatible in so many ways, enjoy each others company, have the same warped sense of humor…well, I could go on, but you get the picture. We spend almost every waking moment together that we are not working, and some sleeping moments, as well. He was concerned that the “spark” wasn’t there…that he did not get that little “pitter-patter” in his chest when he sees me. We have continued to be, well, friends with benefits, and I am not sure I can do this anymore. We are both dating other people when we want to, but I have come to the conclusion that I want him and not another person. So I think I am hanging on to him in hopes that we will find that “spark.” He looks into my eyes a lot, and I can’t help but wonder how someone can look at you that way and there not be something. I think I am going about this the wrong way.

Now, I have friends tell me that he is just using me…and I tell them that I am using him to, so what’s the difference? My Daddy tells me to back off (though he calls me most of the time, and run right over like a little puppy) Daddy says that I need to not make myself so available, and that maybe he will miss me.

We do other things besides the “benefits” stuff. We eat out, cook together, go to the movies, shop, talk for hours…It’s not all about sex.

I guess my question is can that spark develop? He says if it does, that I will be the first to know.

Bottom line, I want this man! Is he just not into me?

~Melissa

MissyAnn's photo
Fri 05/16/08 02:56 PM

have a friend who never shuts up?

I am that friend, too!!!

MissyAnn's photo
Fri 05/16/08 02:56 PM

If ya'll get this post moved to the SEX-dating forum you will all have to go wiffout me...that place Scaressssssssssssssss me!!!!!!!sick

ME TOOOO!!yawn

MissyAnn's photo
Fri 05/16/08 02:24 PM
If I told you, I'd have to kill you!

explode

MissyAnn's photo
Fri 05/16/08 12:50 PM
You know, I am in this position as well. I have been dating this wonderful man for the last 6 weeks (have known him longer), and early this week we broke up...

On our second date, he asked me what my "reproductive status" was. WTF?? So I told him, I have kids, cannot have anymore, and do not want anymore...I am 40, and I already have 2 adult boys, one teenage boy and a 5 year old girl. I am done!

He said that a ready made family was ok with him, but I could tell that was not the case. He wants his own kids terribly.

I think this break-up is the best for him; I am hoping he will find a woman that can give him what he wants. I miss him alot, but I know in my heart I am doing the right thing for him.

I am so hoping there are men out there that really do NOT mind the "ready-made family." I guess we will see!!

~Melissa

MissyAnn's photo
Fri 05/16/08 12:04 PM
They are wise beyond their years...My kids are so excellent they take my breath away! I need to listen to them more, I think!

MissyAnn's photo
Fri 05/16/08 10:25 AM
My son is one of the funniest people I know, and he never fails to make me smile...wise for his 20 years!

And I am not sorry I told him that, I just was not expecting him to freak out; so much so that we broke up last week. We are trying to be friends, but that is no longer working out for me...hurts too much!

~Melissa

MissyAnn's photo
Fri 05/16/08 10:00 AM
That is great. Ain't love grand!

I just scared a man I was dating off by saying that to him. He flipped out. LOL. My 20 year old son gave me some advice. He said that I should never say the "L" word first, no matter what. This was his example:

"Mom, I don't care if you are standing by some drapes that you really like, so not say, 'man, I love those drapes,' but instead say, 'I dig those drapes.' and if you are eating and the salsa is great, do not say, 'I love this salsa,' instead say, 'damn, this is good salsa,' otherwise, Mom, you will scare him to death!!"

Got that advice a little to late, I guess. LOL

~Melissa

MissyAnn's photo
Fri 05/16/08 06:45 AM
Cameron/Temple Area here

MissyAnn's photo
Thu 05/15/08 07:18 AM
Now that was cute!!!

~Melissa