Community > Posts By > Hawkan

Hawkan's photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:50 AM

Go by bike or use collective transport. That is much better for the environment and for your health. It has been proven that yuor risks of heart disease are drastically lowered.

Hawkan's photo
Mon 12/22/08 11:41 AM

Thank you for posting all this information. This has been by far the most outright corrupt and criminal presidency in my lifetime, and I feel almost sick by reading this stuff. I'm glad that they will be out of office soon.

Hawkan's photo
Sun 12/21/08 10:31 AM

Why is Sarah still discussed?

Because she is being shaped and packaged as a future candidate.

That is why her views and actions are relevant.

The Republicans would be nuts to ever make her a candidate again. When was the last time that a losing VP got a second chance? They are not going to put her up. Most importantly, I think that her "crimes" pale in comparison to what the acting VP did to make money of the war in Iraq with the Halliburton oil connection. He does not seem to be the same kind of easy target that she is.

Hawkan's photo
Sat 12/20/08 03:01 PM

*sigh* frustrated

I totally agree. How much fun is it to jump on the bash Sarah Palin bandwagon? She wuoldn't ven have gotten half of all that **** if she was a man. Anyway, she is not going to be the VP, so why bother discussing her views on birth control education? It would be much more interesting to note for example that Obama does not intend to do anything to change gun laws in America.

Hawkan's photo
Thu 12/18/08 01:33 PM

There is a great "Christmas song" in Swedish by a punk guy from the 80's. The text is an irony about the Christmas rush and consumerism. I love the song and the video is oustanding!! It is called "Det är inte snön som faller" and the artist is calld Anders F Rönnblom. Just a great alternative to all the fake happiness.

Hawkan's photo
Tue 12/16/08 01:14 PM

Not in the same category, but a nice tautology from baseball player Todd Walker: "Last year was just so incredibly unbelievable".

Hawkan's photo
Fri 10/03/08 11:07 AM

I prefer to use Netscape version 3. It's not always possible, but I like the user interface of that one much better than later generation browsers. It's nice that someone asked about this stuff.

Hawkan's photo
Wed 05/14/08 01:09 PM

This is the last best hope? We not be as bad as some other countries, but I don't think we should be put on a pedistal either. Not just because we push for humanitarian policies world wide. We have done our own damage too.

I think that you are generally right. The idea of America "pushing for humanitarian policies worldwide" is however far from the truth. Do you realise that they turn the other side when it suits big business better? There are lots of examples. Think about Chile in 1973, huge parts of the Arab world including Saudi Arabia and the Guantamo bay prison. I'd say that they say one thing and do another. It would be nice if they had consistently been really humanitarian.

Hawkan's photo
Sun 05/11/08 04:27 AM

"Rainman's theme" from Rainman when they are driving in that car.