Community > Posts By > 1Magnum

1Magnum's photo
Sat 07/07/12 11:44 PM
Edited by 1Magnum on Sun 07/08/12 12:12 AM

1Magnum's photo
Sun 09/12/10 12:18 AM
laugh PRINCE POPPYCOCK laugh

I like the other three acts, especially Fighting Gravity, but the True Entertainer of them all is Prince Poppycock!

1Magnum's photo
Sat 04/17/10 04:32 PM
The first thing I notice is whether or not she is wearing a wedding ring.

1Magnum's photo
Fri 02/20/09 09:24 PM
Mage, you sound like a heck of a guy and a true gentleman. It's to bad that this girl is unable to appreciate what you offer. I know that it is hard to walk away from a situation like this after the time and feelings that have been invested, but it appears that this girl has some baggage issues from her past that made her respond in this way.

My experience is that you will not change someone and will end up butting your head against the wall before long. The most important thing is that she knows how you feel, and that you have attempted to contact her. Now the ball is in her court. Give her a little time.

I am very much a gentleman myself, but I agree with Lilith. I have always said that there is a critical point in the dating process...by the third date, if you are really beginning to like someone, it needs to be shown with more than just a hug. The kiss will show the other person how you feel, and let's them know that your intentions go beyond just friends. Often, if a guy doesn't give some kind of indication of his intentions by the third or fourth date, the woman will sometimes get the impression that you only want to be friends. Not always true, but always better to show how you feel.

1Magnum's photo
Wed 02/11/09 11:23 PM
Hillary let Bill smoke in the other room with Monica...and look where that went!!!!bigsmile

1Magnum's photo
Wed 02/11/09 11:10 PM
Edited by 1Magnum on Wed 02/11/09 11:12 PM

1Magnum's photo
Tue 02/10/09 10:47 PM
I also used to date a girl that lived 2 hours away. The important thing is that this girl obviously likes you and you have let her know how you feel. Remember that women don't usually jump into things as quickly, as they are often more gaurded with their feelings.

Now that she knows how you feel, I would suggest that you now just let things naturally progress. Like you said "you've only actually spent 4 weekends together". Be patient and good things will come!

1Magnum's photo
Mon 02/09/09 10:59 PM
Can't imagine that you would have a hard time finding a good date from this site. You are as cute as a button and sound very nice.

As far as your profile goes.....It's good, but you might want to shorten it a little. Some guys won't take the time to read through all of it...but those are the kind of guys that you don't want anyway! Good Luck!

1Magnum's photo
Sun 02/08/09 12:04 PM

get totally ripped so I don't remember the day.

That sounds like a good plan......get that day over with ASAP!......Unless, of course I meet that special woman before then!!

1Magnum's photo
Sat 02/07/09 02:20 PM
It's funny, last time this happened to me I called Michael Phelps. He said a few tokes on the Bong,and I would forget all about her.

1Magnum's photo
Sat 02/07/09 12:23 PM

Remember the days when you found that someone special and his or hers careers, goals, aspirations did not matter? When you just enjoyed being with each other and the chemistry was right, or the sex was just good (Hmmm rethink that one), but you where just together. I am referring to dating in your teens and early 20’s, when you thought people in their 40’s was old: Ancient actually…LOL Why is it that when we get older we start adding all the garbage into the dating equation?
Does he or she have an education, job, how many kids and how old? Do we like all the same things? What happened to opposites attract? How many divorces, lovers, are they strait or bi? Why are they single, divorced or separated? Is there anyone out there that gets me? Ha I’d say most likely not….Do we in actuality make it harder on ourselves to date in our 40’s? Remember the days of passing him or her note reading “I like you! Do you like me?” In today’s world we wink at each other online hoping that we connect at least for the moment. We go out on that first online date hoping for the best prepared for the worst…..sometimes we are mildly surprised and find a nice fit, other times we are calling for the check thinking God get me out of here.
In summary I have come to one conclusion about dating in my 40’s, it goes back to the game of our teens. Spin the bottle and hope like all hell that sucker lands on the person you want to kiss the most…..To all of you in your 40’s like me still out there dating I salute you because we are all in the same boat….or bottle…

Very well stated by debreeze. I find that people make dating much harder than it has to be at this age.

1Magnum's photo
Sat 02/07/09 11:49 AM
I believe that you should tell someone if you truly love them. Better to let them know how you feel than regret not telling them down the road.

However, timing is important. Often one persons feelings may be a little bit ahead of what the other is feeling. Then there are those that will run away as Cristina mentioned. If you waited for the right time and they still run away....then this person was wasting your time.

1Magnum's photo
Fri 02/06/09 11:25 PM
Edited by 1Magnum on Fri 02/06/09 11:26 PM