Community > Posts By > Manskirt

Manskirt's photo
Thu 10/23/14 05:45 AM
G-d and Messiah, wish for the sacrifice of the heart, which means do as they have instructed, out of Love for them and not grudgingly. But the same 7th day then is the same 7th day today. We all admit, to keeping the other nine because those don't involve a certain day, but an attitude of a righteous Spirit. But since the 7th day is actually a day set aside for Remembrance and Worship, this is the one that got change. It was the easiest one to change so the many would follow. All the history books on Biblical and Christian teachings also say the 7th day is the Sabbath and that Constantine had changed it. So since G-d, created it and sanctified it why did man change it. It wasn't because authority was given him. So why do the many follow it? Food for thought. To all have a Bless Day :-)

Manskirt's photo
Tue 10/21/14 04:25 PM
Dude I am really impressed with your research, It shows me that there is a will to learn inside of you. Amen! It's true that the Gentiles did not have to keep the food or ritual laws as the Hebrews. I don't keep the food laws or any of the ritual laws. I am Commandment Keeper and I keep Passover just as Messiah taught us what most call the last supper. I will pray that G-d keeps you in His Hands my Friend. I have not seen such dedication to study the Word as you have shown me today, Amen!!! I also don't keep xmas or easter, but that subject is for another day. You have my up most Respect, May G-d Bless you abundantly!

Manskirt's photo
Tue 10/21/14 04:23 PM
Dude I am really impressed with your research, It shows me that there is a will to learn inside of you. Amen! It's true that the Gentiles did not have to keep the food or ritual laws as the Hebrews. I don't keep the food laws or any of the ritual laws. I am Commandment Keeper and I keep Passover just as Messiah taught us what most call the last supper. I will pray that G-d keeps you in His Hands my Friend. I have not seen such dedication to study the Word as you have shown me today, Amen!!! I also don't keep xmas or easter, but that subject is for another day. You have my up most Respect, May G-d Bless you abundantly!

Manskirt's photo
Tue 10/21/14 01:26 PM
Edited by Manskirt on Tue 10/21/14 01:30 PM
He was referring to the physical laws such as circumcision, the washing of utensils and such. That had nothing to do with the Commandments. The Commandments are a separate law from all the other laws. When Messiah said I give you the two Greatest laws, the first one was to Love G-d with all your heart and soul, mind. The other is like it to love your neighbor as yourself. Since Messiah came as the example are we to follow Him or what man says. Is there one place in Scripture that shows Messiah not keeping the Sabbath or where He changed to be just any 7th day. If Scripture doesn't support Scripture then what is left is what man has come up with to justify his life style.

Manskirt's photo
Tue 10/21/14 08:16 AM
Edited by Manskirt on Tue 10/21/14 08:40 AM

Isaiah 1:13 The new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity.
Matthew 12:2 Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
John 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another; another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat and drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon; or of the sabbath days.

All of the Scripture that you quoted is indeed correct, but Paul wasn't referring to actual days kept but how they were to be kept. The Jews wanted the new converts not only to believe in Messiah but keep there traditions that they had put around all of the days. It wasn't that the days were done away with.

Matt. 5: 19 Messiah said " Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these Commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven.

James 2: 10,11 "For whoever shall keep the whole law and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. For He who said "Do not commit adultery" also said "Do not murder" Now if you do not commit adultery but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law (The 10 Commandments)

Manskirt's photo
Tue 10/21/14 08:12 AM

After the resurrection of Jesus, wich occurred on the first day of the week...the Lord's disciples began observing the Sabbath on the first day of the week...Sunday(act 20 :7)
Christianity is not about keeping the law though...or even the ten commandments, it is about fulfilling the law through the spirit of love...just saying..

Yes, Messiah was seen early on the first day of the week, but He did not tell or instruct anyone that He was changing the Sabbath day. Also just because the Apostle Paul had dinner with people on the first day of the week, does not mean that the 7th day was changed. It was a dinner. Time shared before he had to leave on his next trip.

Manskirt's photo
Tue 10/21/14 07:11 AM

Was Man made for the Sabbath, or the Sabbath made for Man?

The Sabbath was made for man. I am trying to understand why we as humans and not the Creator has the right to change the day that He had Sanctified for us, He said to Remember the Sabbath Day and to keep it Holy!

Manskirt's photo
Tue 10/21/14 06:09 AM
I don't want anyone to misunderstand me, I'm not looking to convert or convince anyone to believe the way I do. I am trying figure out how it all got changed around from what was actually taught by Messiah and the Apostles. To clarify Quotes from Messiah like in Matt. 7:12,14 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." and again in Matt. 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to Me, L-rd,L-rd shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name? And I will declare to them, I never knew you, depart from Me you who practice Lawlessness! (breaking of the Commandments) When Messiah said He would declare, that is a strong word to use and then He told them I never knew you. That's pretty clear and strong as well.

Manskirt's photo
Tue 10/21/14 04:44 AM
Edited by Manskirt on Tue 10/21/14 04:45 AM

if their is anything the Jews make sure and do it is tradition. The Sabbath we are told is a sign of his people.

The calander does reflex Sabbath ( Saturday) as the 7th day of the week. Constantine put out an edict at the council of Nicea to distinquish the Jews from the new believers. That was the day of worship. History shows the believers were keeping the same day as the jews. In Acts 15 at the council when 4 things a new believer was to abstain from the Sabbath was not included. Why? Because every Sabbath in the synagues they could hear the words of Moses.

No respectable minister will tell you the Sabbath ( Saturday ) is not the 7th day of the week. Yahweh said in Ps. 51 a broken and contrite Heart he will not despise.

Why? Is this not the conversion? Is this not the washing away of your sins? Is this not humbling yourself?

The Sabbath is a sign between him and his people. He says his ways r higher than your ways. Do you think the Sabbath is not kept before the throne in Heaven for all eternity? That Heaven does not obey his laws?

It is a sign of creation as Hebrews tells us. It is a sign of who the Creator is because he rested on this day and so do we in rememberence of this.

The command even says to REMEMBER The Sabbath. No other commandment tells us to Remember as if it will be something forgotten. And it clearly has been forgotten and put aside by the Hearts of Men. If Yahshua was the our Example then follow what he did.

:smile: You are correct, the teachings of Messiah and the Apostles were of the 10 Commandments. G-d is not interested in what our work schedules are. HE IS G-D, The Almighty Father, The Almighty Creator! A whole nation keeps the Sabbath, but we still go by what man says and not what Messiah came to teach. One of the prophecies, regarding Messiah states in (Isaiah 42:21 "The L-rd is well pleased for His Righteousness sake, He will magnify the law and make it honorable"

Matt. 5:17,18 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass way one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the Law till all is fulfilled."

Messiah came to show us how to make the Law (Commandments) honorable by showing how to keep them in the Spirit of Love towards G-d and Messiah. Not to change it, that is why He fought with the Pharisees, Scribes, because they wanted the people to follow what they said the Law meant and not G-d. (Mark 7:6-9) "These people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the Commandments of G-d, you hold the tradition of men. All too well you reject the Commandments of G-d that you may keep your traditions"

Manskirt's photo
Mon 10/20/14 07:11 PM
So all of the Scriptures that refer to the Commandments firm except for the Sabbath? The others Don't Steal, Don't murder, don't commit Adultery and so forth are what they are and the Sabbath is any 7th day in your work Schedule, Hmmm! So you don't believe G-d set a day aside for rest for people to follow. interesting!

Manskirt's photo
Mon 10/20/14 12:56 PM
Edited by Manskirt on Mon 10/20/14 01:09 PM

They keep Saturday as the Sabbath.

And you can know their calender is without flaw how? And God made the calender? I ask because "time" was going before man stepped foot on this planet. How can one know if Sunday was actually the day God started the creation of the world? And inevitably rested on Saturday and blessing it for the Sabbath.

One reason I know that they keep the calender is that G-d made them the keepers of the Commandments. When Messiah came He also kept the Commandments. He came to show us that we are to keep it out of Love for G-d. Not the traditions of man, who made the Sabbath a Burden and not a joyful rest as intended. If we use the excuse that any day could be the Sabbath, then that would mean that G-d wants us to fail. In (Rev. 12:17) it says: "And the dragon was wroth with the woman (church) and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the Commandments of G-d, and have the testimony of Messiah-Jesus." So here we see that there is a church that keeps the Sabbath and the testimony of Messiah-Jesus, which he kept the Sabbath and in (Mark 2: 25-28)He says that He is the L-rd of the Sabbath! I really don't believe that G-d would give us the Sabbath Day and then hide it from us so we couldn't keep it. G-d is Love and Compassion for us His Creation. Besides if you were to look it up on the internet you will find that the early Roman Church under Constantine changed the 7th day for the 1st because he didn't want to be like the Jews.

Manskirt's photo
Mon 10/20/14 12:32 PM
They keep Saturday as the Sabbath.

Manskirt's photo
Mon 10/20/14 12:21 PM

Why is it that just about all denominations only keep nine of the ten? The only one they want to change is the 7th day Sabbath. Which was Sanctified during the week of Creation (Gen. 2: 1-3) I myself am a Sabbath keeper. I welcome all opinions. G-d Bless to all.

Amen, but I think the main problem with specifically the Sabbath and man. Is that God blessed the 7th day and sanctified it. But who's to say our 7th day is the day he did that. Also since the calender technically starts on Sunday, that would make Saturday the 7th day. But if we go by the culture, Sunday is the last day as Monday is normally seen as the first day of the week.

I think the main thing God wants is for us to focus purely on him for at least one day out of the week. And not entirely focus on money/life all the time. I don't personally feel it has to be a specific day eg., Sunday/Saturday, ect.

The Jews have been keeping the calender since the being of our creation, and there 7th day is the same as ours. Also Messiah was asked by a young man what he needed to have Eternal life. This was Messiah's reply (Matt. 19: 16-20) Messiah said that if you want to enter into life keep the Commandments. This is the short version, but you can look at it your Bible.

Manskirt's photo
Mon 10/20/14 12:06 PM
Why is it that just about all denominations only keep nine of the ten? The only one they want to change is the 7th day Sabbath. Which was Sanctified during the week of Creation (Gen. 2: 1-3) I myself am a Sabbath keeper. I welcome all opinions. G-d Bless to all.

Manskirt's photo
Mon 10/20/14 10:56 AM
Hello everyone, I hope that ya'll are having a Bless Day. I was married for 32 years to the same Lady, Rebecca. She passed away a little over 2 1/2 years ago. Since I made the decision to start dating again, I found that women want to take me for a test drive in the bedroom. I am sure that there are men out there also that feel the same way. Sex should not be something that is tested just because you went out two or three times. Sex is the sacred bond between and husband and wife. The Apostle Paul said that immoral sex is a sin against the body, that all other sins are outside the body. I agree, IF G-d allows another Lady into my life we will just have to wait until the wedding night. This would be proper in G-d's sight! Are we not to be the examples for G-d and not examples against G-d.

Manskirt's photo
Sun 10/19/14 04:26 PM

Love is an action Word, it requires a physical and mental action. I was married to the same Lady for 32 years, and lost her 2 1/2 years ago to cancer. I know that every time I held her hand I still got goose bumps, I was holding her hand the day she passed away. I know that we tried to keep at least two nights a month that was just us, we called it DATE NIGHT!!! It was a life of slow dancing in the kitchen while cooking. It was a pat on the butt just because she walked by. It was a look of amazement that she was with me, love requires honesty, respect, humor, touch, smell, it's the want of being with each other. Love is forgiving and forgetting, Love is never a need, it is a want because it was chosen between the two of you to be!! Love is real, and I hope and Pray that all on here find that someone to finish this life out with together.

this is beautiful. you and your wife were blessed to have worked together to keep love alive for all the time you were married. flowerforyou

Thank you, we were, and we did work at it. It doesn't mean that we didn't have our disagreements, we just chose not to take them to bed with us. It also means that we picked up where we left off in the morning of tea and coffee. But true love is not a spectator sport it is full throttle and passionate.flowerforyou

Manskirt's photo
Sat 10/18/14 09:45 AM

Man.....chicks in Kentucky be tough to please. :tongue: laugh
[/quote

Nah, it isn't that they are hard to please, the trick is to keep there interest!! I'd rather keep the interest of one for life, than have many over length of my life.

:thumbsup: Now this turns me on!!!! Lol! Hello fellow Kentuckian!

Hello, how are you today?smooched

Manskirt's photo
Sat 10/18/14 08:26 AM

Man.....chicks in Kentucky be tough to please. :tongue: laugh
[/quote

Nah, it isn't that they are hard to please, the trick is to keep there interest!! I'd rather keep the interest of one for life, than have many over length of my life.

Manskirt's photo
Sat 10/18/14 08:12 AM

Repeat...

Love is friendship on fire....smitten

Thank you, that is the best answer about Love!!!!

Manskirt's photo
Sat 10/18/14 06:57 AM
Love is action, words in motion, a touch just because! a smile shared, sharing a sunrise and sunset together knowing that we won't live forever, but to live with each other passionately.

Previous 1