Community > Posts By > LouLou2

LouLou2's photo
Sat 05/08/10 08:05 PM
I believe that every creature and every thing is connected/interdependent in ways we do not understand. Perhaps in the way the cells of our bodies are connected/interdependent...or the atoms that make up everything we believe to be real. I think it possible that we and everything may actually be the tiny cells/atoms that make up the 'Supreme Being' that is called God. Sadly, we don't comprehend the interconnection with all that is around us...much as our liver cells do not comprehend the need for the cells of our hearts.

LouLou2's photo
Sat 05/08/10 07:52 PM
Used to work on a detox unit. Blue cheese smells a great deal like an old alcoholics feet. Never could get past the smell...of the cheese...or those feet...*shudder*

LouLou2's photo
Sat 05/08/10 07:41 PM
David Gray - My Oh My

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MPvjh-4G4E

LouLou2's photo
Sat 05/08/10 10:17 AM
I find the wording of the question interesting...

"Do you support desecrating Ground 0?"

I'm not sure I've ever known anyone who supports desecration.

LouLou2's photo
Sat 05/08/10 07:25 AM

I had one once...he died. Weird when your stalker dies.

Same thing happened to the man who stalked me for 4 years...shot in the back as he fled a violent invasion of his home. Although he brought only fear, anger and annoyance to my life, I felt kind of sorry for him when I heard of how he died. He died as he had lived, and never had much joy in his life...ever. His death, however, brought peace to mine. Sad to think that the only good he ever gave came because of his death.

LouLou2's photo
Sat 05/08/10 07:15 AM
:cry:

LouLou2's photo
Sat 05/08/10 07:13 AM

This is what happens when y' take on 'The Machine' ... the ones who THINK they have 'rights' are starting to ACT like they have 'rights' ... If they find the senders, the words 'firing squad' come to mind ... well, those and 'object lesson' ...

Um...case in point...sad2

LouLou2's photo
Sat 05/08/10 07:09 AM
Yay!!! All the best to both of youflowerforyou

LouLou2's photo
Sat 05/08/10 07:08 AM
Left wing, right wing, religious...the list goes on and on. Extremists, fanatics, hard-liners are all frightening.

Nothing wrong with having convictions and being passionate about them, but when those convictions lead someone to harm another...sad2

Wish people would stop to think about what they are saying and doing in the name of their conviction. Will this help or just cause more harm. Am I inflaming, antagonizing, or terrorizing or am I motivating, assisting, or teaching. Guess it is human to act first and then think. Not one of our best qualities...

LouLou2's photo
Sat 05/08/10 06:42 AM
drinker <---toasting with a coupla cuppas!!!flowerforyou

LouLou2's photo
Sat 05/08/10 05:14 AM
Can't carry a tune in a bucket myself, but I can still serenade you. Hope you have a great day...flowerforyou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzd-VNs-NaQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMyDJMAlHGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQe0ig2NZcQ

LouLou2's photo
Fri 05/07/10 07:49 PM
No

LouLou2's photo
Fri 05/07/10 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suCu6K3pgc

but then again...maybe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7wSefU2H9Q

No...wait...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JSx2uPVHZw

LouLou2's photo
Fri 05/07/10 07:14 PM

Yeah, I hear that about the value of friends. I am thankful for the friends who were there to pick up the pieces of what was me when a relationship failed.:smile:

Me. too...flowerforyou

LouLou2's photo
Fri 05/07/10 07:04 PM

I think what is sad is how when we are younger we can feel snubbed when a member of the opposite sex asks if we can't be just friends. The older I get the more I value just friends. To me just friends is still a whole lot.

Oh, believe me...I truly value my friends. I owe them much more than I could ever, ever repay.

LouLou2's photo
Fri 05/07/10 07:02 PM
Thank you for your kindness...just so sad. I put my friends through so much worry a few years back when I was going through a divorce...hate to cause them a moments concern now. Sometimes you just have to tell someone how crummy you feel. |For those who wanted a recipe for duck, I've supplied a spicy one. Sorry, have no idea if it is any good. I come from a long line of women who are dreadful cooks. thanks, though...it made me chuckle...so Mangle2...flowerforyou

LouLou2's photo
Fri 05/07/10 06:52 PM
BBQ Duck and Sauteed Shiitake Mushroom filled Blue Corn Pancakes with Habanero Sauce

Ingredients
For the Blue Corn Pancakes:

* 1/2 cup blue cornmeal or blue cornmeal
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* Pinch salt
* 2 large eggs, beaten
* 1 cup whole milk
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

For the Mesa BBQ sauce:

* 2 tablespoons canola oil
* 1 large Spanish onion, coarsely chopped
* 5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
* 3 cups canned plum tomatoes and juices, pureed
* 1 cup water
* 1/4 cup ketchup
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
* 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
* 2 tablespoon honey
* 1/4 cup molasses
* 3 tablespoons ancho chile powder
* 3 tablespoons pasilla chile powder
* 2 tablespoons pureed chipotle chiles in adobo
* Salt
* Freshly ground black pepper

For the Sauteed Shiitake Mushrooms:

* 3 tablespoons canola oil
* 3 shiitake mushrooms, caps removed and thinly sliced
* 2 shallots, finely chopped
* Salt

For the Habanero Sauce:

* 10 cups rich chicken stock
* 1 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
* 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
* 2 star anise
* 1 cinnamon stick
* 1/2 habanero pepper, coarsely chopped
* 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, toasted
* Salt

For the BBQ duck:

* 1 cup Mesa BBQ Sauce
* 6 duck legs, skin removed
* 3 cups chicken stock
* 1/2 cup Habanero Sauce
* 1 recipe Sauteed Shiitake Mushrooms
* 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
* Salt

For the Blue Corn Pancakes:
Directions

Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, honey and melted butter, add to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Let rest for 1 hour.

Place a 6-inch nonstick pan over high heat. Spray with cooking spray and reduce heat to medium. Ladle 2 ounces of the mixture into the pan, swirling to evenly coat the pan with the mixture. Cook pancake until just set on first side, approximately 1 minute. Flip over and cook for an additional 20 to 30 seconds. Remove to a plate and repeat all steps with the remaining mixture, stacking the pancakes and covering with foil to keep warm.
For the Habanero Sauce:

Place all ingredients in a large saucepan, place over high heat and reduce to 1 cup, approximately, 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Strain into a bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
For the Mesa BBQ sauce:

Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan. Add the onions and cook until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and water, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for an additional 30 to 40 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.

Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool at room temperature. Sauce will keep for 1 week in the refrigerator stored in a tightly sealed container.
For the Sauteed Shiitake Mushrooms:

Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown, add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes longer, season with salt and pepper, to taste.
For the BBQ duck:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Generously brush the duck legs with the BBQ sauce and place them in a baking pan. Pour stock and 1/2 cup of the habanero sauce around the legs. Cover the pan and place in the oven. Cook for 2 hours or until the meat begins to fall off the bone. Strain liquid and reserve.

Remove the duck from the braising liquid and let cool slightly. When the duck is cool enough to handle, shred the duck meat into bite-size pieces and discard bones. Cook the shredded meat and mushrooms with a 1/2 cup of the BBQ braising liquid in a saute pan over medium heat until heated through, add the cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
For assembly:

Mound 1/4 of the duck mixture in the center of each pancake. Fold the pancake over the filling to make a semi-circle and drizzle with the remaining habanero sauce. Garnish with chopped cilantro.

LouLou2's photo
Fri 05/07/10 06:38 PM
TY...it still feels so sad, though...

LouLou2's photo
Fri 05/07/10 06:37 PM
Oh, I so need just a hug and a soft place to lay my head for a short time. Room for one who is feeling far older than she actually is. I'm so tired.

LouLou2's photo
Fri 05/07/10 06:34 PM
that a 'duck' really is just a 'duck'. Had to point out to the fella I've been dating that after a year and a half, we are really just friends...not significant others...not lovers. Good friends, for sure, but nothing more. Not my choice, but his. He hasn't behaved as if he was interested in me for months and months. Odd that he seemed so upset, but I think it was just letting go of the pipe dreams of something more. We had such hopes when we first met. At our age it, is hard to hang on to hope for one last chance at real love. Especially when love is so elusive to the young and beautiful. What are the chances for people at our age? He seemed very sad. It all has had me very sad, too, for a long time...but it doesn't change the fact that a 'duck' is just that...a 'duck'. Reality bites.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25