Community > Posts By > LouLou2

LouLou2's photo
Wed 02/25/09 03:55 PM
Destiny? No.

I do believe we all have our 'place' or 'job' in the world that we do best, just as the other creatures in this world. When we stray from what only we, as individuals, can best contribute, I believe things don't go so well for us. When we accept the role (in the world) for which we are best suited, I think we reach our fullest potential and are most fullfilled. Is that role our destiny? No, don't think so...I think our role in the world is determined by our talents and experiences...to accept it and use our talents and experience is our choice.

LouLou2's photo
Wed 02/25/09 03:43 PM
I don't put much stock in it. As has been stated...we are so diverse...also, I'm not convinced we will ever fully understand all of the ways the stars affect us. But then again...the ex is my antithesis astrologically, so maybe I should pay more attentionohwell ...

LouLou2's photo
Wed 02/25/09 03:38 PM
Edited by LouLou2 on Wed 02/25/09 03:39 PM
Um...yeah...I doohwell . I've been pulled over only once, just last summer by an Ohio State trooper (hee, hee...remember that, Ed?) - 85+ in a 65 zone. It was kinda late at night on a not quite deserted interstate. I wasn't intentionally speeding, but was singing along with a Lucinda Williams CD and simply not paying attention slaphead. I was so flustered that I forgot to turn down the music before trying to talk with the troopersurprised! I apologized profusely, and damned if he didn't let me go with a warning...whew!

LouLou2's photo
Wed 02/25/09 03:29 PM
The last person to flirt with me was a very sick older gentleman...a patient of mine at work. He said, "What are you doing for the next 20 years? I'm in need of a sweet nurse" with a wink and a chuckle. It was cute, but sadly, the possibility of "20 years" of private duty was a bit overly optimistic...:cry:he is a very sick man:cry:...sadtears

But yesterday, a gentleman I've been seeing told me that he thought of me all day and couldn't quit smiling. Nice.

LouLou2's photo
Tue 02/24/09 06:29 PM
I haven't built a brick wall. I've just eliminated the one I've been hitting my head on for years. Well, almost eliminated itfrustrated

LouLou2's photo
Tue 02/24/09 06:25 PM

Four words...

Court Ordered Restraining Order

Ouch! It's not like he says or does anything threatening, but you may be right. the whole concept of 'divorce' seems to be eluding him. Something court ordered just may work. Heyyyy, wait a minute. The divorce was court ordered...huh

LouLou2's photo
Tue 02/24/09 06:19 PM
I did laundry tonight, too. Just checked the pockets again. I found lint...

LouLou2's photo
Tue 02/24/09 06:17 PM
How can I effectively end communication with the ex now that the divorce is final? I don't want to be unkind, but I want it to end.

Is ignoring it my best plan of action, or is there something I could say to help him reach the decision to finally just let it go?

LouLou2's photo
Sat 02/21/09 08:27 PM
mischievious

LouLou2's photo
Sat 02/21/09 08:02 PM
A new special man in my life...first guy I've ever dated who actually likes holding hands.

LouLou2's photo
Sat 02/21/09 08:00 PM

but it must be nice for females to know they have all of that power over us!

I don't think that is how it always is, but then again...I'm still trying to figure out why power must be part of the equation at all.

LouLou2's photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:54 PM
If someone would have told me 30 years ago that I would have found a man with a Mr. Magoo nose and a little Dunlop around the middle absolutely irresistable, I would have told them they were nuts. Thank the powers that be for opening my eyes to see all that really matters. Those warm brown eyes, that incredibly sexy voice and a tender heart like I've never known before. All of which will still be there 20 years from now. It's as if I see with new eyes when I look at you...

LouLou2's photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:36 PM
Edited by LouLou2 on Sat 02/21/09 07:37 PM

No fkn way! Im not holding your..OH!!!! CALLS!
If you'd get those fingers out of your nose you might be able to hear...I mean readlaugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Awww...geez, Dan...are you still doin' that???huh laugh

LouLou2's photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:35 PM
After all the huffin', puffin', ohhhhin', ahhhhhin' and ooo-la-la-in' is long over...when you find that simply being lucky enough to hold each other until sleep comes seems like a wonderful gift in and of itself.

LouLou2's photo
Sat 02/21/09 02:53 PM
Using a large metal putty knife-like tool to scrape hardened stucco from the windows of newly constructed condos in Orlando, Fla in the middle of July. Hot, mean work. If your hand slipped, it would scrape across the rough stucco. Ouch! It was too hot for gloves, so my hands looked like raw hamburger after 2 weeks. Wicked minimum wage job...

LouLou2's photo
Sat 02/21/09 01:55 PM
I have a few...can't pick my favorite - I love them all!
'Bringing up Baby'
'Arsenic and Old Lace'
'The Boy With Green Hair' and "The Wizard of Oz'

...oh, and 'Peter Pan' - the one with Mary Martin.

LouLou2's photo
Thu 02/19/09 04:53 PM
I've never understood thinking of people as being in or out of my league. There will always be someone who is smarter, more attractive, funnier, has more 'stuff', is better in some way than I am...but that goes for me, too. There will always be something I am better at than the next person.

LouLou2's photo
Thu 02/19/09 04:43 PM
A wee bit of turmoil in my life as of late. Wishing for the good fortune to have that end...permanently, so I can once again just enjoy who and what I have in my life. Would like to take the focus off of what is missingohwell .

LouLou2's photo
Mon 02/16/09 06:12 PM

show her that the roll around your waist is not fat, but a money belt full of hundreds. She'll not only like you, she will love you without your asking. If you can show her perhaps a thousand hundreds, she is yours.drinker

Quite a few of us are used to paying our own way and take comfort in knowing we can provide for ourselves financially. I, for one, will never be in a position where I find myself beholden to anyone else for the roof over my head. That roof is in my name...no one can take it away from me nor pull the rug out from under my feet. Sorry, about the women you've run into. Sorry for you and sorry for any woman who lives in such a vulnerable situation. Money doesn't buy me, and many of the women I know feel the same way.

LouLou2's photo
Mon 02/16/09 06:01 PM
Sure! And I'll answer your question with another: "Why not?"

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next