Community > Posts By > MysterHK

MysterHK's photo
Fri 03/07/08 10:10 AM
Ebony Eyes - Bob Welch

MysterHK's photo
Fri 03/07/08 09:51 AM

So what did the teach look like? Was she hot?
(:-)

I remember a time when I was typing an English paper for school on the use of metaphors. I procrastinated and waited until the last minute to get it done.

One of the metaphors I meant to use was, "The pen is mightier than the sword." Well, I didn't proof read my paper before I turned it in, and I accidentally didn't leave a space between the "pen" and "is". Oooops!

When my paper was returned I got a big red circle around that word with one of these type of faces noway and a small comment on the side, "You did mean the (pen is), right? Proof read! Proof read!"

I got a B+ on it, though. :tongue:

It was a he, forever_fifties. But I could only just imagine the outcome if it was a female. happy

MysterHK's photo
Fri 03/07/08 09:43 AM
I remember a time when I was typing an English paper for school on the use of metaphors. I procrastinated and waited until the last minute to get it done.

One of the metaphors I meant to use was, "The pen is mightier than the sword." Well, I didn't proof read my paper before I turned it in, and I accidentally didn't leave a space between the "pen" and "is". Oooops!

When my paper was returned I got a big red circle around that word with one of these type of faces noway and a small comment on the side, "You did mean the (pen is), right? Proof read! Proof read!"

I got a B+ on it, though. :tongue:

MysterHK's photo
Fri 03/07/08 09:25 AM

May I have a technical difference of them?

A wise instructor once told me. You are born a nerd, but you chose to be a geek.

That said I would say geek.

In all honesty, I think it's nothing more than just a superficial label that you choose to identify yourself with. :smile:

MysterHK's photo
Thu 03/06/08 12:54 PM

Disk Drives - For any one who has ever dropped a collection of punch cards. or waited 20 mins to load a game of pong from a cassette drive.

At my Jr. High School's Computer Science Lab, we had an Imsai 8080. It ran BASIC as its OS and it could be loaded by a cassette drive or by a punch tape from an Olivetti Teletype. Remember those? happy

MysterHK's photo
Thu 03/06/08 12:46 PM
I would have to say when they incorporated them into video games.

I can still remember the days when I had my old Atari gaming system and spending money at the arcades like there was no tomorrow.

Asteroids and Space Invaders were among my favorites.

MysterHK's photo
Thu 03/06/08 12:37 PM
It had to be you. - Harry Connick, Jr. happy

MysterHK's photo
Thu 03/06/08 12:34 PM
As for sports heroes go, I would definitely have to say Clyde Drexler and John Elway. Why? They weathered through so many challenges and gave so much of themselves.

I was almost in tears when they finally won a championship. It's because of them, I keep trying in life and never fear losing. No matter how many attempts it will take.

MysterHK's photo
Thu 03/06/08 11:56 AM
GreeneyedHippieChick, by any chance are you a fan of Ayurvedic healing? If so, I highly recommend products made by Maharishi Ayurveda. There's a product they make called, "Amrit Kalash". It's a wonderful antioxidant herbal supplement.

MysterHK's photo
Thu 03/06/08 11:51 AM

Tibetan chimes aka tingshas.... Sound therapy

(Tibetan Bells, Tibetan Chimes, Tibetan Hand Cymbals)

Awaken your spirit and summon peacefulness to your mind and body with the vibration of tingsha chimes. These prayer chimes have been used for centuries by Tibetan Buddhists to prepare for meditation. When the two pieces strike each other they produce a clear, pure, cleansing sound which can be used to focus the mind before and after meditation. Tinghsas are also for clearing space of negative energies and the healing and balancing of auric fields. They are used in feng shui to ring in the four corners of a room in order to open the energy and for clearing spaces.

How do you play Tingshas? Tingshas come in matched pairs, held together by a leather cord. Simply hold each cymbal by the cord close to the hole where it enters the tingsha. Strike one cymbal against the other on their edges at right angles. Let the bell ring until there is silence.

The sound of tingshas is like a summons. The pure, ringing sound of the Tingsha creates an opening in reality. They are used at the beginning and end of a meditation to open the mind for meditation and then to open the mind to go back to reality. Some teachings say that Tingshas can be used to push or fill energy and diagnose energy blocks. By passing the tingshas’s vibration over a person’s energy field the sound can clear the imbalance.

Today, many people use sound healing as an alternative to modern medicine. In the article "The Power of Sound to Heal, to Create New Life", Sandra Cosentino writes, “Vibration is the basis of life. Every sound you ever made echoes still. Sound waves never entirely disappear. Every part of our body has its own frequency. Resonance occurs when frequencies come into synchronization. Different frequencies influence genes and cells. Form is created by underlying vibration. A solid is actually a wave, created and organized by pulse.

Sound energy can be used to heal when entities vibrating at different frequencies come into resonance with one another. Sound can trigger memories, release past memories, stimulate joy. Sympathetic resonance is a healing technique in which the practitioner applies positive intention, focus and attention to the sound healing instrument being used. The harmonics create the shift.”

One website sums it up describing sound healing as:
“Vibration + Visualization = Manifestation. Creation myths from around the world speak of sound as the originating act of creating life on earth. May you find your soul's song and resonate it joyfully to all of Creation!”

"Today, many people use sound healing as an alternative to medicine."

PeAcE & :heart:

Oh this is a fantastic post! I've always been a big fan of sound therapy. I love Steven Halpern's Chakra Suite album. I'm planning to buy the CD at Amazon and rip the tracks into mp3s and play them on my winamp with the milkdrop visualizer tool. Like a sound therapy and light show together. :)

MysterHK's photo
Thu 03/06/08 09:46 AM

Helen Keller and Teacher have always been my heroes...can you post the link to the picture if you have it I would love to see that.
Thanks
flowerforyou

I found it on the google news search engine. The picture was dated July 1888. The picture is also now on Wikipedia.

MysterHK's photo
Thu 03/06/08 09:43 AM
Did you guys see that newly released photo of her and Mrs. Sullivan?

I read her autobiography in grade school and I just feel like picking up that book again and reading it again, after all these years! :wink:

MysterHK's photo
Thu 03/06/08 09:10 AM
These are all great posts! I'm reading them all right now! I feel some sense of hope now that I can slowly but surely beat my addiction.

Keep them coming!

MysterHK's photo
Thu 03/06/08 08:57 AM

I've been called both (and worse)

I'm gonna go with geek though.

You're alright, in my book. :)

MysterHK's photo
Thu 03/06/08 08:55 AM

Feeling Stooopid. I thought they were kinda the same.

???

They are in the sense that they are both good with tech stuff. :)

MysterHK's photo
Thu 03/06/08 08:42 AM

1992 out of high school. went school in Meridian Miss., then Groton Conn., was aboard the SSN Montpielier out of Norfolk till 96

The Montpielier: Is it a boomer or a fast attack sub?

MysterHK's photo
Wed 03/05/08 01:13 PM
I'd love to hear from you.

I went in 1984, under the DEP program right out of high school. I went to RTC Orlando for boot camp and then went to NTTC Meridian Mississippi for "A" School. My first duty station was in Arlington, Virginia and my last was onboard the USS Mount Vernon based out of San Diego, CA. happy

MysterHK's photo
Wed 03/05/08 01:05 PM

My nerd-ness....let me show you it...
laugh

KFC!!!!!!!! You're awesome, man!

MysterHK's photo
Wed 03/05/08 12:47 PM
Edited by MysterHK on Wed 03/05/08 12:48 PM

way to go ,,, don't worry about finances ,, put your trust in the big guy , and he'll take care of you...

i should of been a bag lady years ago (i'm still collecting pink and purple PLASTIC bags in case any one wants to donate laugh laugh laugh laugh
i'd like to be a bag lady in style ,,, if that 's what the lord wants for me .....

try temping , it will take alot of stress off you and you get to try a variety of work .....

(((hugs))) to a couragous lady ,, it will be ok , if you haint got you ,,,, you haint got nothing drinker drinker drinker

I totally agree. Back then, a good-sized portion of my paycheck was going to pay off my credit card debt. I wiped the slate clean and filed for Chapter 7. I'm a more responsible spender now and I have money in the bank and I was able to experience all kinds of other work until I finally settled into my current occupation.

I don't really care if my credit rating goes down the tubes for the next 10 years either, because I don't ever plan own a credit card ever again.

MysterHK's photo
Wed 03/05/08 12:23 PM

I have been with my company for 8 yrs and since the new owner took over ,it has been a living h*ll..we found out yesterday that we have no i.d. #'s on our paycheck stubs...so if the business folds we can't collect unemployment. Today I was asked to fill in for an absent employee and do her job ( no problem....I've done it many times) but I was constantly put down that I wasn't doing it correctly and told that I could be replaced for less money as the company is struggling. I did kinda flip out on my boss at that point and told him I was leaving. He told me I was uncool (lol) and to go and then yelled ...see ya tommarrow! So I left. He will be screwed if he fires me but ,I can't work with him anymore. But it seems I am up the creek with no paddle here if I leave. Any opinions? I don't know what to do.

I had this experience 5 years ago. I wonder if the new owner's intentions are to "milk" the business of all of it's cash flow and deliberately close it down in the very near future?

All these elements you are now mentioning would be an indicator for me to start looking for a better employer. It's a tough thing, depending upon your current economic situation. But believe me, when you do succeed in landing a better job, there's no better feeling in the world. You'll be on Cloud 9. You can do it! :smile: