Community > Posts By > TheRedHead

TheRedHead's photo
Thu 06/19/08 06:14 PM
Ultimately, I want love. If I happen to meet that person online rather than bump into him at the grocery store, so be it.

TheRedHead's photo
Thu 06/19/08 06:07 PM
Give me flowers, not STDs!

TheRedHead's photo
Sat 02/16/08 09:14 PM
single--and this last time it was my own fault sad

TheRedHead's photo
Sat 02/09/08 09:27 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Date #2 went better and was much less awkward. I feel a little more settled about things and am not quite as apprehensive. We're going to try date #3 tomorrow and it will be an activity as opposed to just dinner and a drink, so hopefully this will be a great opportunity to really get to know one another.

TheRedHead's photo
Sat 02/09/08 05:17 PM

I don't understand why someone judges someone from one meeting.Taking an example of myself, I have known to be a bit shy in the beginning myself, but after few meeting, I am the funniest person in the world and people really see that side of me, but they won't see that in one meeting.

So if it was me, I will see where it goes.most of the people never show their true color in one meeting.

I know most people don't show their true colors right away, that's why I'm hesitant to call it off so quickly. However, I don't want to keep stringing him along if I'm not feeling like this could go anywhere.

Hence the problem.

TheRedHead's photo
Sat 02/09/08 04:27 PM

I'm a little shy, when it comes to approaching women, But I do get dates from women approaching me.
What do women want to here when I guy approaches them?
I just don’t know what to say—I want to be different, I don’t want to say what all man say... So all the women out here, how would a guy get your attention? happy

If you're approaching me for the first time, the best way to break the ice is to make me feel comfortable. The best way to do that is to make me laugh.

TheRedHead's photo
Sat 02/09/08 04:02 PM

see how tonight goes, and then make your assessment :) But if it's not there, then it's probably not going to be, and go ahead and let him know.

And that's the part I hate...

TheRedHead's photo
Sat 02/09/08 03:59 PM

Totally off subject...but kind of not. I went out to a "new to me" place a few weeks ago, kind of on business. I started talking to one of the guys Ill be dealing with, we talked all night, went to breakfast and didnt get home till 4 am. I happened to be there again last night, have chatted on line a bit with him over the past couple weeks. But again last night we went to breakfast...530 this am.

I couldnt imagine just sitting there with the weird discomfort nd lack of chemistry. Tell him its not what youre looking for right now

See, I want someone I can stay up until 4:30 with at some all-night diner. I love doing that! The conversation my date and I had during the first date was really uncomfortable because we were both searching for a topic and we never really struck on one that worked for us both.

I'm a really shy person around new people, so it's hard to get me to open up sometimes, but he might just be really shy too, so I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and try to allow us time to get to know one another.

But then again, there just weren't any flying sparks that were bright enough to make me really look forward to seeing him again.

ohwell

TheRedHead's photo
Sat 02/09/08 03:31 PM
When and how should you tell someone that the chemistry isn't there?

A mutual friend set the two of us up on what was virtually a blind date and he's a nice guy, very good-looking. We had dinner and it was fine, but it didn't knock me off my feet. If I never saw or heard from him again, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even be disappointed. We're going out again tonight for a second date and I'm not really excited about it.

I don't know if this means I'm just nervous and psyching myself out or if it means that I'm really not all that interested.

How many dates should you have before you can reasonably say that there really isn't a spark between the two of you? If it's not working for me, I certainly don't want to lead him on, but I also don't want to panic and jump ship before I've even let myself get to know him.

TheRedHead's photo
Thu 01/31/08 09:31 PM
If he's just going to dump you over because of possibly getting back with an ex, then he's not worth it. It sounds like he's not even willing to meet you as a friend, so he's definitly not worth it.

TheRedHead's photo
Thu 01/31/08 09:25 PM
Ok. I met someone over the internet a long time ago and our whole 5-year relationship was based around chatting and phone calls and emails. I never met him in person although I really wanted to. I felt we had such a connection, and we did. But I think I was putting too much into the relationship because I was single and really just wanted to feel attractive and loved by someone and he was basically the one constant guy in my life.

I also think I became so emotionally involved because I never did have a chance to meet him and so we never discovered each other's faults and bad habits in person. It was almost like a relationship that couldn't go wrong, and that's why it felt so great. It was "safe" to care about him.

It's not sad that you feel so strongly about someone you've never met but feel such a connection toward, I think it would be sad if you did nothing about it and let an opportunity slip away.

TheRedHead's photo
Wed 01/30/08 08:16 PM

To send me and Redhead on a cruise to the Bahamas

please click on the banner above one million times, thank you in advance :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Ooh! I like cruises! Where are we going? happy

TheRedHead's photo
Tue 01/29/08 08:03 PM
I'll hold your hand, Brian.

TheRedHead's photo
Tue 01/29/08 06:52 PM
Thanks, everyone.  I'm feeling a little better and more confidant about how I should act on here. 

AaronzDad, you were right, I was getting a lot of emails and it threw me a little bit. I hadn't expected such an enthusiastic welcome.  And I really loved your profile. You have a great sense of humor.

TheRedHead's photo
Mon 01/28/08 08:40 PM
Edited by TheRedHead on Mon 01/28/08 08:46 PM
I met someone online several years ago and we kept up a long-distance friendship for about 5 years until he just up and disappeared. This was someone I chatted with on a near daily basis, traded phone calls with, and felt was someone really special.

Don't know what happened or why he stopped contacting me. I got an email several months later saying that he'd been really busy and that he would try to do better. And I haven't heard from him in about three years.

I know exactly how you feel. And it sucks. And, yes, I'm still a little bitter years later.

My point is that people will up and disappear on you for no good reason. It happens to all of us.

TheRedHead's photo
Mon 01/28/08 04:19 PM
I'm new to the site and feeling my way around. Are there any written (or unwritten) rules I should follow when contacting or being contacted?

For example: If someone IMs me or sends me a message and I'm just not digging that person, is it generally good form to respond politely and say "No thanks/Not interested" or just ignore the contact?

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to be logged into your account without appearing "Online Now!" to everyone?

Thanks!