lemondropkid2008's photo
Sat 07/19/08 11:14 AM

You know maybe this is my problem...I try and put the people that I care about or want to get to know ahead of me....maybe I should put myself first and the heck with everyone else...

You couldn't be self-absorbed and cold like that if you tried ... I can tell by your comments here that you have a great heart - don't change a thing! :smile:

But it doesn't seem that people want someone with a great heart...

lemondropkid2008's photo
Sat 07/19/08 11:12 AM

You know maybe this is my problem...I try and put the people that I care about or want to get to know ahead of me....maybe I should put myself first and the heck with everyone else...

No, you have it right. Finding someone who will do the same is what's hard! I do what you do, despite a busy schedule and lots of demands on my time. It may not always be returned, but the truth is that I wouldn't know how ~ or want to ~ love any other way. Besides, that special time together only encourages and energizes me to accomplish the things I need to do...cause I'm happy!! That's the "me, me, me" side we should focus on...cause you always get alot back when you let love in.

I know....I'm a sap!! LOL laugh flowerforyou (COME ON, GYPSY! What's one more thing on the "TO DO" list?)

No you're not a sap....I am just like you....when I am with someone I try and get everything done as fast as I can cause that frees up more time to spend with that special someone...I am not saying being up each others butt and I know that the time apart makes the time together mean more...

lemondropkid2008's photo
Sat 07/19/08 11:08 AM
With oil going down this week has gas prices come down in your neck of the woods...???

lemondropkid2008's photo
Sat 07/19/08 11:03 AM

I can only do 140 things at once!!!noway laugh laugh laugh laugh

Gee can I be 141...???rofl

lemondropkid2008's photo
Sat 07/19/08 11:03 AM

lemondropkid2008's photo
Sat 07/19/08 11:00 AM

We always can make time for what is TRULY important to us.

I agree...flowerforyou but in this "me, me, me" society do people really have those priorities set? Do we know what's important any more?
I find there are alot of people on here with their "my way or the highway" attitude. Especially with the distance thing......

This is so true.....oh my life is so busy I can't even send you an email.....but yet I can chat up a storm on here...

lemondropkid2008's photo
Sat 07/19/08 10:58 AM
The more I think about things I think I am better off single....now I just have to find time for myself....rofl

No really what bothers me is that people don't even want to take the time to get to know you....so how in the world will they know if they ever want to make time further in life for you if they can't even take the time to get to know you in the begging....

lemondropkid2008's photo
Sat 07/19/08 10:50 AM

I can pencil love in at noon.......or after 11 pm.......lotta love there!!noway or on my days off when other people work!!!grumble

But yes Im willing but not sure if anyone can handle my hours.....ohwell

Pencil me in....but I'll have to get an airline ticket....kinda far for me...
laugh blushing laugh

So we'll shot for your day off...???
I only have 1 day off this week.....and Im doing my hair!!!laugh laugh laugh laugh

well that is a better excuse than I am doing my nails....rofl

lemondropkid2008's photo
Sat 07/19/08 10:48 AM

I can pencil love in at noon.......or after 11 pm.......lotta love there!!noway or on my days off when other people work!!!grumble

laugh blushing laugh

So we'll shot for your day off...???

lemondropkid2008's photo
Sat 07/19/08 10:44 AM

lemondropkid2008's photo
Sat 07/19/08 10:41 AM
I have to agree with you it seems all that people want is for someone to do things on their terms and only when they have time.....it's like they don't want to make time that you have to make time for them when they want you to....it is like people has lost thier feelings for others...it has turned into a me me me world..

lemondropkid2008's photo
Fri 07/18/08 09:11 PM
What is or was your favorite Drinking Game?????

I would have to say Quarters...with Rules....

lemondropkid2008's photo
Fri 07/18/08 09:10 PM

Is it better 2 have :heart:'d & lost or 2 have never :heart:'d at all?

Well if we're talking about my ex wife then it is better to have never :heart:'d at all

lemondropkid2008's photo
Fri 07/18/08 08:55 PM
March 6, 1933
Using a wartime statute passed in 1917, Mr Roosevelt issued a proclamation closing every bank in the U.S. for four days. The banks were closed from March 6 to March 9.

Makes one wonder if this ever could happen again...

lemondropkid2008's photo
Fri 07/18/08 08:32 PM
The international gold standard only existed for a comparatively short period - from the 1870s to the outbreak of the First World War in 1914. Much has been written about it. Views on its success differ but there is broad academic agreement about certain points. It provided the backdrop to a period of fairly steadily rising economic prosperity and of generally low and stable inflation. The system survived the shocks of the period well (until the major shock of the first world war). A crucial advantage of the gold standard was that by offering the near-certainty to foreign investors that the value of their investment was unlikely to be hurt by the depreciation of the recipient country's currency relative to their own, it facilitated large flows of international direct investment capital that helped to open up and develop much of the United States, Canada, Australia and other "emerging markets" of that day. Relative to the size of the world economy, these flows were as large as or even larger than today's and they were far less volatile.

Since the breakdown of the Bretton Woods system in the early 1970s gold has no longer been been the formal backbone of the international monetary system and under IMF rules member countries can no longer back their currencies by it. It nevertheless retains certain monetary functions and is considered by some as "the ultimate form of payment". Its main formal use is as a reserve asset for central banks. It is widely used as a means of saving in Asia and the Middle East and at times used in transactions (for example property in Vietnam is often bought using gold). More recently there have been developments using gold as the basis for private electronic (digital) currency systems.

lemondropkid2008's photo
Fri 07/18/08 08:19 PM

Lemon - the world is bigger than the United States. In fact, the world is SO GREAT BIG that a small thing like gold or silver could never be the supporting foundation of capitalism. It's gotten way too big, it's spread has been one of the best hidden diseases in the history of man.

Then why is that so many governments own so much GOLD and SILVER.....and our money use to be backed by GOLD and SILVER.....GOLD and SILVER has always surived in the worst of times......When money isn't worth anything what will you use to buy things....GOLD SILVER.....

lemondropkid2008's photo
Fri 07/18/08 08:13 PM
I would join them have a very expesive dinner get sloshed and then say see yaaaa

lemondropkid2008's photo
Fri 07/18/08 08:10 PM
What is up with all the cranes collasping...??

lemondropkid2008's photo
Fri 07/18/08 08:08 PM

okay maybe at least 4 months

Do I here 3....???

lemondropkid2008's photo
Fri 07/18/08 07:38 PM
Edited by lemondropkid2008 on Fri 07/18/08 07:39 PM
Yea it is nights like this that I wish I had a special someone....but ol well I guess I crap into one hand and wish into the other....

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 13 14