Community > Posts By > SteveX33

SteveX33's photo
Fri 02/01/08 05:04 AM
Oh well, a lot of us get a lil' carried away with politics in these times. That took class, though, Tomie.

SteveX33's photo
Fri 02/01/08 03:59 AM
I can handle your going to vote for Ron Paul. I hope he goes in as and Indy and you vote for him again!!! I just did not like your response to what I said why his ideas are bad and the fact that he has been proven to have a history to have propagated racist beleiefs. I did NOT call you any names. cept for hell kitty instead of hellkitten. Did you find that insulting? I'm sorry. It was not quite as bad as you telling me to shove my opinion up my arse though.

Maybe it was unfair of me to lump you in with the conspiracy dude, but you don't seem too concerned about "DR" Ron's racial history, that is a fact. You yawned, remember.

SteveX33's photo
Fri 02/01/08 03:46 AM
You don't judge me, but when I took the time to write a thoughful post about what was said in the thread, you showed your wit and put responded with a yawn symbol. Maybe you were just tired from the medical marijuana, I dunno, but I'd say that passes as judgement.glasses

SteveX33's photo
Fri 02/01/08 03:41 AM
You can block me, I just wanted to see where you from, figured it was deep South. *Hums Neil Young's Alabama*

SteveX33's photo
Fri 02/01/08 03:38 AM
This is for guitar players and music lovers.

Who is your favorite, or do you rate as the best 10 guitar players of all time?

Mine.

1. Jimi Hendrix
2. Stevie Ray Vaughan
3. Jimmy Page
4. Duane Allman
5. Jeff Beck
6. B.B. King
7. Buddy Guy
8. Freddie King
9. Peter Greene
10. Eric Clapton

Honorable mention: Magic Sam, Huber Sumlin, Chuck Berry, Randy Rhodes, Van Halen, Alvin Lee, Michael Bloomfield

SteveX33's photo
Fri 02/01/08 03:23 AM
OMG a secret cabal of Jews, maybe you, borat, and hell kitty can get your pitchforks and go after them!

They should save this thread in a time capsule to help mark the decline of Western Civilization.

Anyone for an IQ test criteria for the right to vote?

I thought not.laugh

SteveX33's photo
Fri 02/01/08 02:40 AM

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A series of newsletters in the name of GOP presidential hopeful Ron Paul contain several racist remarks -- including one that says order was restored to Los Angeles after the 1992 riots when blacks went "to pick up their welfare checks."

This is a copy of one of the "Ron Paul Political Report" newsletters, which has stirred controversy.

CNN recently obtained the newsletters -- written in the 1990s and one from the late 1980s -- after a report was published about their existence in The New Republic.

None of the newsletters CNN found says who wrote them, but each was published under Paul's name between his stints as a U.S. congressman from Texas.

END QUOTE

Then he says he did not write them, read them, or even know about them, but they all went out under his name.

It seems to me the people who Ron Paul appeals to are typically very naive about politics and are just tired of the same old R vs. D arguing.

Making Social Security optional is the dumbest idea in politics today. It would destroy the whole system. Social Security is probably the best domestic policy that has ever been achieved in this country.

Before Social Security, people just worked themselves to death, usually at a young age. They had to depend on family to take care of them if they could not work and quality of life basically sucked.

Look at any 3rd world country today, and you can get a good idea what American life was like before SS.

It really doesn't matter, because nothing is ever going to happen to it. Bush thought he was going to privatize it, and he found out real fast, it was DOA. That's when his decline started.

States right's?? That's what the Southern states said about slavery? You think any state should just be able to do whatever the population in it decides? Funny how when state's do something the repubs don't like, they are all for the power of the Fed. government. Medical Marijuana is one example.

The Constitution gives Congress the right to regulate all interstate commerce and make all laws necessary and proper. So anything that Constitution does not specifically give states the right to do, Congress, if it chooses to, and if the President signs it, can supercede any action by a particular state.

And of course, the Constitution protects some rights, even without any law, i.e. the right to privacy in one's person or effects, like what a woman chooses to do with her reproductive life.

SteveX33's photo
Sun 01/27/08 06:09 PM
Edited by SteveX33 on Sun 01/27/08 06:16 PM
Never mind. I don't want to be beefing with someone in the middle of a war. It's just not that important and not right. Your entitled to your opinions just as I am.

SteveX33's photo
Sun 01/27/08 05:35 PM
riiight. I certainly don't read it that way, but if so I apologize.
Doc, no matter what your opinions, I really do wish you the best in coming back home safe.

And for all your people too Zap. We'll end it on that note.

SteveX33's photo
Sun 01/27/08 05:25 PM
That's my line to you.drinker

SteveX33's photo
Sun 01/27/08 05:18 PM
OK fair enough, Star. But you would go if you could?

And Doc, you know I respect people who are willing to do whatever their country asks of them. That's what your supposed to do. So if Hillary is elected, you keep that in mind. She will be your commander and cheif, and if your really serving your country, you will follow it, like it or not.

But don't try to pull rank on me. Your opinion is not weighted because your one of the millions who have worn the uniform. And please don't call me stevey like I'm some punk you'll just ***** slap if you want. Because it's not that way, trust me.

I've know lots of people who served and I don't think it gave them any advantage in whippin my ass.

As a matter a fact, a few months ago, some dude that just went to Iraq was trying to get my face and I told him he better step back or he may not make it to Iraq. He decided against it. He's in the 82nd I think. So guess what, I respect what your doing but don't try that tough guy crap on me, ok?

SteveX33's photo
Sun 01/27/08 04:43 PM
Whatever dude, I have to have protein shakes. I had weight loss surgery. I'm sure in you knuckle draggin world view, that's some kind easy way out or whatever.

But I don't care. I lifted almost my own weight before I had the the surgery and can bench more than my weight now. I don't even work out, just work. All that means nothing to me.

You brought it up as a cheap shot. When I was 20, I tried to join the Army but a knee injury kept me out. I was in good enough shape then. If I was that age now, and believed this was a good war, I would join.

I grew up in military, I understand what it's about. And anyone who is of age to serve and thinks this a good war and has talent and education that could be of service to our country, should be joining. Period. Put up or shut up! I asked him if he had a reason why he couldn't serve, he gave me back a list of names of great leaders.

I don't think he is playing the role of a great leader right now, is he? So do something other than argue about on a board.

That should be the test if a war is a good enough reason to fight, are you willing to go????

I don't blame you for not wanting to. Because it's not like they are the one's who attacked us.

There is no good reason to be there now, other than to try to stabilize the mess Bush created.

For one thing, none of the Deomcratic canidates said they would just pull out, excpet Richardson. None of them would pledge to be out by their first term.

So the whole start of this thread was based on a bunch of repug b.s. anyway.

But Star could be of service to his country, and fight for what he believes. I would like to know why he can't do it.

SteveX33's photo
Sun 01/27/08 03:57 PM
You can try but it seems your content to give up while your behind.laugh

SteveX33's photo
Sun 01/27/08 03:41 PM
Edited by SteveX33 on Sun 01/27/08 03:55 PM
I'm mentally unarmed, huh. Yeah, zap listening to Russia Limbodomy and watching Fox news is not really considered education. I hate to tell you.

Don't be so hard on yourself about the weight problem thing. I'm a little overweight, too. So I can sympathize. But thank God I still got some of my hair. :wink:

No, trust me, I don't have the whole bleeding heart thing going. I hate people who try to spit venom and hyperbole and then act all innocent when they get called on their sh**!

SteveX33's photo
Sun 01/27/08 03:24 PM
oh so your saying your role is one of strategist???laugh laugh laugh laugh

You got a degree in history, go in as an officer and put your great strategist mind to work. Hey your the one that said that Obama is just dumb and it would be stupid to take the troops out. So what are you do hear on the net? Get out there and get you some of them taraist's, man. I'm sure a history major is just what they are looking for in an officer.

I think you should anti up and pitch in. Your country needs your great strategic mind over there so we continue the AMAZING progress were making! It's not personal. It's a totally legit point. You think this a good war, but your not willing to fight it.

How much you wanna bet if there was a draft, you'd have some other good reasons to get out of it. Your connected family, some weird medical condition, or you'd be combing the forums for Canadian girls to mary real quick.

I respect people with different opinion's than mine if they actually walk the talk.

No really, have you given any thought to being a military officer?? We really need people badly right now. You know with your knowledge you could being helping out our country.

My Dad is a retired recruiter, I could have someone get in touch with you if you like. bigsmile

SteveX33's photo
Sun 01/27/08 02:26 PM
lol you won't fall prey to one of thos roadside bombs either, with ya? Yeah, I love all these chicken hawks running around saying what a good idea it is to be there, but that's not your role. Your role is to sell real estate that the warriors coming back will never be able to afford.

But Obama is just dumb. We need someone smart like Mccain who can't figure out who the hell attacked us in the first place. Do you have some medical reason you can't fight? Like Rush Limbau who had a boil on his arse?

Maybe you have a future in Republican politics. That will be your "role" sending other people to back up your tough words.

SteveX33's photo
Sun 01/27/08 02:08 PM
Was she tied up, I hadn't heard that. Yeah well at least our prez was on the receiving end of the **ow job! Unlike Bush who had that male hooker visiting the WH after hours on several occassions.

You may be right Monosy, it would be not be that high a probability. But I am not really talking about out and out treason. More of a bias of policy decisions that could have a big impact on our country.

Trust me, I'm not anti-hispanic, but when you live here, and you go to parts of LA, it's like your going to another country already.

Let's put it this way, if they did ever change it, I think it should be grandfathered in. Say anyone born after 1990. And then they would have to have lived in the country for 40 years from time of a young child. Something like that.

SteveX33's photo
Sun 01/27/08 01:46 PM
Yeah, you have a point about that. Many immigrants do appreciate this country more than many of us born here. But I still think it's not possible to know.

My ex-wife is from El Salvador and became a citizen and she loves this country ( and is going to vote for Hillary lol) but I know her heart is always going to be in El Salvador.

Sometimes you see kids born here that seem to have more loyalty to their family's roots. I guess living in Cal I see that more. But many Mexican people really believe that Cal, Texas, NM, Arizona, really belong to them.

I think that would be the biggest threat. I'm just trying to be realistic. Obviously, I know there are millions of Mexican American's who love this country. I don't want to sound like I'm dissing them. I just see that as a potential threat to what is best for our country.

SteveX33's photo
Sun 01/27/08 01:27 PM
Well, it's hard to think of that question without thinking of Arnold. Living here in Cal, the idea that he could become prez scares the heck out of me.

I don't think there is any real chance of that happening. Right now, they can't even get an energy bill through Congress. It's a tall order to amend the constitution, especially in this day and age. I think it's 3/4ths of congress and 3/4ths of the states legislature by a majority vote.

If Arnold is waiting in the wings, the dem controlled states are not going to go for it. It's pretty sad that someone so unqualified could be prez just because he's a star. Also, the fact that he's a son of a Nazi should answer the question. NO! We should not allow it.

Think 50 years in the future, when hispanics will be the majority in the south west. A Mexican born person could easily become President and really be more loyal to Mexico than the U.S.

SteveX33's photo
Sun 01/27/08 12:49 PM
Monosyllabic♥Girl: You have a future in poltics!love

You got my vote!

Previous 1 3