Community > Posts By > Duttoneer

 
Duttoneer's photo
Sun 10/11/26 04:23 AM
I agree there are the legal implications, which are even now under scrutiny with driverless vehicles controlled by AI. In the event of a fatal accident where the driverless car is at fault, who is responsible, the coder/programmer, the service provider, the car designer, etc. I don't know whether, if any, decisions have been made here in the UK. There should be a lot more discussion regarding these AI systems and the legal operating requirements of the companies creating these AI systems, and their responsibilities. Seems no one wants to constrain these AIs because they are frightened of falling behind in the development of their own, so its very much the Wild West out there.

These AIs do make judgements or a better word would be decisions, and respond accordingly, but I believe this is following a program.

We are now hearing of the creation of quantum computers, machines that if and when produced, would be so much quicker and more powerful than the digital computers in use today. Hopefully, we will all still be here to see these future developments

Duttoneer's photo
Sun 10/11/26 12:37 AM
Oasis.

Duttoneer's photo
Fri 10/09/26 02:04 AM
Jethro Tull Band.

Duttoneer's photo
Thu 10/08/26 08:27 AM
Freddie and the Dreamers.

Duttoneer's photo
Thu 10/08/26 08:23 AM

AI in no way shape or form can touch my Vodka and OJ.....so I can still drink...



OT: It is quite easy to stage a suicide in a prison ...only a gaurd or prison officer has to do it ....and gets paid to keep his mouth shut....or even get a new life with all that bribe money.....not like it has'nt been done before.....

What about the Malaysian Airliner that simply vanquished on the way to China....?MH370....therories abound ....


MH370 is certainly a mystery, and the search continues in 2027 when the better weather arrives in the search area again.

Apparently the pilot is a strong suspect after they found information on a flight simulator at his home, showing he had looked at maps of the area where they believe the flight ended, but nothing more than that.

Duttoneer's photo
Thu 10/08/26 08:10 AM
Edited by Duttoneer on Thu 10/08/26 08:13 AM

so I'm a "ewe" now?? laugh

yer funny Dut...

I saw the video.. wow.. I wouldn't be surprised if we DID.. although taking the 'human' factor out of policing could be extremely disastrous.. scared and a "h.e.l.l. no" from me.. noway


At least it looks like the Robocop is unarmed. I agree, traffic cop is one thing, one turning up at your local shopping mall as security would certainly be different. scared

Duttoneer's photo
Wed 10/07/26 03:18 AM
Edited by Duttoneer on Wed 10/07/26 03:46 AM
Do you think we will see the Robo Police soon?


Robcop is on the way in China.


http://www.youtube.com/shorts/KZ9I5-0LuGE


Here is one ewe made earlier.:smile:


Duttoneer's photo
Wed 10/07/26 02:43 AM
Edited by Duttoneer on Wed 10/07/26 03:13 AM
.

Duttoneer's photo
Wed 10/07/26 01:20 AM
Cream.

Duttoneer's photo
Tue 10/06/26 01:50 AM
Edited by Duttoneer on Tue 10/06/26 01:50 AM
Sorry double post.

Duttoneer's photo
Tue 10/06/26 01:50 AM
Westlife.

Duttoneer's photo
Mon 10/05/26 02:35 AM

These neural nets are very complex, have taken years to develop, and are used in computer systems. I cannot see how you could program an AI to think for itself. You can program it to make decisions based on searches, visual. internet, ect. and move through a decision process, but I can never see a time when a machine would be able to decide for itself outside a program. I don't see an AI thinking for itself, rather than following a program. These conversations we here of between a user and an AI where the user has killed themselves are extremely rare, but this is where we definitely need safeguards in place.


Duttoneer's photo
Sun 10/04/26 12:27 PM
Rolling Stones.

Duttoneer's photo
Sun 10/04/26 12:20 PM
I agree with you, the wording used in the media, and the hype, help create the illusion of the AI to be an entity not a machine. Everyone describes them as 'thinking machines' but they are not thinking in the way humans do, they follow a complex program we have described as thinking which in my opinion is misleading people to believe they are actually thinking. but It Is very sophisticated programs that produce an AI.

My basic understanding is these chatbots pick up on the users topic of conversation to reply, they recognise words and context to be able to engage in conversation with a user, an AI is simply following along in a conversation taking the lead from the user. These systems use complex 'neural networks' in their programming, no longer just coding, computer science has become a very complex science in the past 50+ years, I certainly could not explain how they work, I would need to go back to college :-).

These chatbots do need safeguards to prevent certain lines of conversation which could lead to bad outcomes for the user. It is only in recent years the UK government has taken strong action on these internet sites that explain ways to commit suicide, after many child suicides. I don't know of any UK government action taken against chatbots, hopefully they have taken some to make them safer.

Duttoneer's photo
Sun 10/04/26 12:58 AM
Edited by Duttoneer on Sun 10/04/26 01:02 AM
Across the World, People Say They’re Finding Conscious Entities Within ChatGPT

I often wonder if theses AI companies are promoting the idea these AIs are a real entity, even though they all say otherwise, seems a lot of people believe they are.

http://futurism.com/artificial-intelligence/ai-chatgpt-conscious-entities

Duttoneer's photo
Sat 10/03/26 11:50 PM
Mothers of Invention, The.

Duttoneer's photo
Sat 10/03/26 05:30 AM

Thanks again Zee for the video link.

I did find the video interesting, my main thought was the speakers use of the word 'deceit' towards the end when referring to results from questions put to the AI. He was commenting that not all found results by the AI were made known, and his interpretation was that the AI was purposely withholding these results, so being 'deceitful' was his turn of phrase. I find this very difficult to accept. The AI is following a program, to omit some data on printout must be as programmed, or a fault or bug in in the program in my opinion, it cannot be deception.

Deceit. From the dictionary, is an act to mislead, make a deliberate misrepresentation. If this were true the AI must be aware, to deliberately attempt to deceive. I don't believe any AI is sentient, conscious or aware to deliberately deceive, I believe the guy has perhaps seen what he has wanted to see since he offered no other explanation. In my opinion as sophisticated as these AIs are, they are not and never will be 'Conscious and Aware' as humans are. It's the mistakes the designers of these AIs make, and the resulting consequences we all need to be worried about. As you say in America, that's just my 10cents worth.

Duttoneer's photo
Sat 10/03/26 03:11 AM
Kinks, The.

Duttoneer's photo
Fri 10/02/26 03:59 AM
Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Duttoneer's photo
Fri 10/02/26 03:49 AM
Edited by Duttoneer on Fri 10/02/26 03:52 AM
Thanks Zee, even more interesting videos.

The interview certainly points out a lot and what we should think the future of AI and robotics may hold regarding future employment. How people would earn a living and what would they do to live without employment, all very worrying for most people. All those jobs and workers replaced by machines, this will require a completely new system to sustain the millions of people finding themselves unemployed, schemes to retrain for other types of employment, and say the option of retirement and a good pension from 40 years old. I have been retired for many years, and I don't know how I would fit any work in today, I am so busy doing stuff that interests me. The governments need to decide how all this is going to be controlled and introduced, an example will be the introduction of driverless taxis, buses, HGVs and what happens to all those people currently doing those jobs. I guess these are the kind of questions we should all be asking of politicians now. I would prefer a nice female carer, but If I get a robot carer 10 years down the road I want a pretty one. laugh

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 … 24 25