Community > Posts By > bxy

no photo
Mon 02/11/13 06:07 PM
The Town Diner on 372, is by far the best food I have found in town.

no photo
Wed 01/02/13 08:01 PM
Well I've got a Town Lot I'd love to sell there, right on 4th street next to the Bottle House Truck Stop. Use to get a lot of work up there, and needed my own spot, but times change.

no photo
Wed 01/02/13 07:55 PM
Back about 2002 Pahrump did almost that, blow away. Mobile Homes were literally blowing across roads. And yes there is too much Meth, in the town, in the Government, and in the Sheriffs Dpt, etc. But Drugs are a growing problem everywhere, something we need to fix, and something the Law will never fix, can not, and will not. However, there are a lot of good people here too, in all walks of life. I do kind of like the roads though, they are most certainly not the typical boringly simple squares. As for Pahrump Valley Lies, or their Reflection, well their well earned nickname about sums up everything.

no photo
Sun 11/25/12 06:40 AM

I have more male friends than female friends. There will be quite a few out there with their now skewered vision that "All men are the same" or "All men are pigs", but if I live my life thinking that, I might aswell not even be dating or even on a dating site. It's a bit hypocritical to me, when I see women spew stuff about how men are only after sex and how they can't ever trust men ever again. If it's that bad, why put yourself in the dating scene again? Some seem to not understand they're saying one thing, yet doing the opposite.

Well said. But we are designed to not not be complete when we live alone, that is in our nature.

However we are raised with the belief that man is the aggressor, and woman is the nurturer. Which is a root of this problem. Hence we grow up thus askewed looking for a mate to fill a need, from those we don't trust, instead of looking for the benefits in others that we do not possess, beyond mate, and beyond money, that would form much stronger teem - mates.

no photo
Sat 11/24/12 06:11 PM
From the experience we call life, I will say there is a LOT of truth in what she said, not only from women, but from society in general. But there are exceptions to every rule, I am looking for that exceptional women.

no photo
Wed 11/21/12 06:43 AM
Been all over the world, but the most fun is just over that next mountain. Exploring has become my favored past time, living in the Desert. So much to see, so much to find, so much to learn. And such is true of every back yard in the world.

no photo
Wed 11/21/12 06:13 AM
I don't know about waiting, but certainly not into one nighters. Getting to know someone isn't just knowing their name.

However your topic is Christian in Sin City, seems contradictory, unless you are a true Cristian, as in, does not judge. I find that to be very rare, as most that wave that flag are indeed very judgmental, gotta find something wrong with everyone, and tell them how bad they are.

no photo
Mon 10/22/12 08:33 PM

huh In what parallel universe?

Well certainly not the one at the bottom of that beer mug. Quit listening to the parties and read a little history. They split around 1820, a little before whatever you thought you studied.

However if you want to start a Political Party for drunks who have obviated their minds, hey, a habitual alcoholic who has never seen a sober moment in his / her life could probably do less damage to this country then Obama or Romney.

no photo
Sun 10/21/12 08:08 PM
Truly if you read American History, you will see that the Democrats and Republicans started as one Party. So why should it be strange that the two parties both do the same things, or compliment each other. The whole election process is just a farce put on more like a pep rally for some stupid ball game, and the majority of the people are stupid enough to follow right along. I mean, how many have died for bad politics, in this country and others. I'm not just talking oil wars, but death marches, concentration camps, slavery. We have seen it all, time and time again, yet every time people are stupid enough not to avoid it, and even when it comes, they just comply.

no photo
Thu 10/18/12 12:03 PM

They arn't real candidates and the Green Party isn't a real party. They were there to just disrupt the debate.

What Irony. Lpdon, do you understand the definition of a Corporation? A Corporation, by law, is a "Legal Fiction". A "Fiction" as in imaginary, a made up fallacy, a lie, a cartoon... a Fiction, but Legal. These Fictions given the full power of a living human can, and do outlive us, gathering enormous power and wealth the older they get. General Motors for example huge, well beyond what any person could ever amass in but a mere lifetime. Yet let's go to court and sit General Motors in that witness chair. You can't, because General Motors is a FICTION, you can only sit a representative there, because there is no "REAL" General Motors.

Now these hugely powerful, and immensely wealthy, legal "fictions" throw their weight behind a candidate, and you call a Candidate that only mere, but very real people stand behind, "not real". Lpdon, can you see the irony?

boredinaz06, glad to see someone beat me to the post!!!

Conrad You should tell us dummies that you are from Zurich, when we are discussing US politics, helps us relate. But heck we had a Republican that took all our Gold away from us all together, trade it all for paper.

adj4u
two worst terrorist groups
Democrats and Republicans, boy how almost true. Sadly I see your point.

no photo
Mon 10/01/12 08:03 PM
Let's look at the real problems of this country.
1) Gasoline Prices are absurd.
2) Deceptive Bank Practices cost a lot of people their homes.
3) Military Spending out of control.
4) Bailing out of Big Corporations: Insurance, Banking, and Automotive.
5) Deficit Spending.
Those are the top, and they have effected a serious majority of the US. Crippled us and our economy. And what are either of the "Two Evils" going to do about it?

And let's add some frightening undertones.
a) FEMA massive camp build ups, great increases in funding, provisions, and arms.
b) Patriot Act eroding our freedom rapidly.
The "Two Evils" plan what? More?

Does either one of there louts give a D*** about you or me?

no photo
Fri 09/28/12 06:24 AM
No, you said

it is a big country, it has survived and evolved through generations and will continue to do so

America is absurdly corrupt, and unless we stand up and remove this corruption America is doomed to fall. History has shown us time and time again, civilizations grow big, then they become corrupt, and thusly fail, every time.

Trust me, we will not continue to survive if we continue down this road.

no photo
Thu 09/27/12 08:08 PM
If your country is that bad, just get up and leave; there are plenty of places in this world where things are better then that.

no photo
Thu 09/27/12 07:43 PM

it is a big country, it has survived and evolved through generations and will continue to do so

things are ALWAYS changing, even when they aernt grand enough for everyone to recognize or admire,,,

Wow, wish it was that simple. Have you ever read a History book? And American History, the propaganda they feed us in High School doesn't count. Rome, Egypt, Azteca, etc.

no photo
Fri 09/21/12 12:39 PM
Then why not vote for someone else, anyone else? My vote is for Jill Stein, but the fact is, the more votes that leave the two parties the quicker this sameness of the two parties will change.

no photo
Fri 09/21/12 12:21 PM
Yep there are plenty of real men here in Vegas. But why are you looking for a Vegas man, and why do you say so little about you in your profile? Communication is a very important factor in a good relationship.

no photo
Sun 09/16/12 06:37 PM

Wait a minute Bxy!!! ...Which barn???....Don't tell me you went to the red barn at the bottom of the hill, you know I always go to the white barn at the top of the hill...You know, the one with the "Black Horse & The Cherry Tree"....:tongue:

http://youtu.be/HYEU91d8ngc

Red Barn? Isn't that a restaurant? Mean I've got to take you out first. And a White Barn, you mean up there where all those fancy houses are, I have to buy you a house too? I went to the pink barn, thought that was a girls barn. And all I wanted was some pictures to remember you by, honest, they didn't even have to be good, bad would have even been better. Guess I gotta just curl back up in my Lamborghini and go back to sleep. Homelessness is just so much easier... you got me so corn fused.

Thanks s1owhand.

no photo
Sat 09/15/12 10:37 AM

The Edison battery does not have the kind of energy density and charging/discharging characteristics needed for this application.
The orginal Edison battery was very slow to charge and could not
supply much current.

Researchers at Stanford have produced a faster charge/discharge
version but it still does not have the energy density or ability
to hold its charge for a long time without decay.

I still like a battery that I'll never have to replace.

I had one for many years, bought it off a Railroad guy. The RR had discarded it for it's age, and that battery outlasted several vehicles and was always dependable. Started even on the coldest days, well below zero, and would crank forever. Had her for about 15 years. Sold it with my 66 Ford and have regretted it ever since.

Building an Electric at the moment, and she will be Edison powered, and I will be building the batteries myself, considering the insane prices they want for them.

Do you have a link to that Stanford project? Would love to read it.

Leigh2154, napped the night away out behind the barn, even brought night film, you never showed? Ah, just all talk...

no photo
Fri 09/14/12 08:53 PM
Torgo70, Anything Barris says he did, if you consider it a lie your probably closer to the truth. Barris is notorious for taking credit for the work of others. California Customs altered Freeway Hauler for Red Fox, that's where Dick Dean worked. In his letters to me he expressed his distaste of those alterations.

Also of interest Freeway Hauler was a piece of Art, metal art, not plastic, but she was not a functioning ride, one of Red Foxes alterations, and perhaps the only one I agree with was to make her function.

no photo
Fri 09/14/12 08:35 PM
Europe has had bolt on hybrid conversions for years, and I prefer the Edison Battery, lasts for about a hundred years, and it is much more environmentally friendly

Previous 1 3