Community > Posts By > Zion

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 07:31 PM
The Thin Man Goes Home (1944)

Together again in M-G-M's riotous comedy.

On a trip to visit his parents, detective Nick Charles gets mixed up in a murder investigation.

7 out of 10

The Fisher King (1991)

A Modern Day Tale About The Search For Love, Sanity, Ethel Merman And The Holy Grail.

Two troubled men face their terrible destinies and events of their past as they join together on a mission to find the Holy Grail and thus to save themselves.

9 out of 10

One in a Million: The Ron LeFlore Story (1978)

One in a Million: The Ron LeFlore Story was a 1978 made for TV movie telling the story of Ron LeFlore, a troubled Detroit youth who rose from Michigan prisons to star in Major League Baseball with the Detroit Tigers. The movie was based on LeFlore's autobiography, Breakout: From Prison to the Big Leagues.

It follows LeFlore from his heroin addiction, to his time in Michigan's Jackson State Penitentiary, and tells of his discovery in prison by Billy Martin, who was then the manager of the Detroit Tigers. The role of Ron LeFlore was played by LeVar Burton. Larry B. Scott portrayed Ron LeFlore's younger brother.

Former Detroit manager Billy Martin played himself, and former Tiger players Norm Cash, Bill Freehan, Al Kaline, and Jim Northrup also appeared as themselves. The movie first aired on CBS Television on September 26, 1978.

9 out of 10

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 07:09 PM
The Left is getting ready to hand Trump more power than any President has had since the Civil War.

Say hello to my little friend: Martial Law.

Keep up the good work. laugh

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 06:58 PM
Edited by Zion on Tue 06/02/20 07:17 PM
no

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 06:57 PM
We did all of this in 2012...

the DOJ instituted new restrictions and regulations for local law enforcement...

Required more sensitivity training. More restrictions on accepted arrest policies...

So what's next? More, more sensitivity training?

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 06:17 PM
unicycle riding trained monkey

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 04:48 PM
They don't want a discussion...they want to lecture.

Everything is the fault of somebody else. Minneapolis has been run by Democrats since 1974. Baltimore, the last city that had massive police corruption charges and mass riots, has been run by Democrats since 1967. How much longer do they need to fix the problems of race within their city? Aren't they the ones with all the answers?

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 09:32 AM
“A man's sexual choice is the result and the sum of his fundamental convictions.... He will always be attracted to the woman who reflects his deepest vision of himself, the woman whose surrender permits him to experience a sense of self-esteem. The man who is proudly certain of his own value, will want the highest type of woman he can find, the woman he admires, the strongest, the hardest to conquer--because only the possession of a heroine will give him the sense of an achievement.”
― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 09:29 AM
Still haven't slept...I did get the back yard and the dog pen mowed...

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 08:43 AM
At least two people were killed and at least five police officers were shot on Monday night in the US during protests over the death of George Floyd.

The two deaths were in the Chicago suburb of Cicero, Illinois, officials confirmed.

Four police officers in St. Louis County, Missouri, were shot, though the injuries were not said to be life-threatening.

An officer was shot on the Las Vegas strip. Local media suggested he was more seriously hurt.

There were also violent scenes in Buffalo, New York, New York City, Washington, DC, and Philadelphia, among other cities.

https://www.insider.com/george-floyd-protests-2-dead-5-police-shot-hundreds-arrested-2020-6

I guess those lives don't count...I'm sure there won't be a vigil for those 2 dead in Chicago...that doesn't further the agenda

See, now (it actually should have been 6 days ago) is where the "movement" should lose all respectability and have civic leaders condemning those actions instead of warping the words of MLK to justify the actions. I really don't know what more these protesters want...the cops were fired, the ex-officer responsible has been charged and the wheels of justice are turning...

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 08:03 AM
“Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.”
― George Orwell, 1984

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 02:03 AM

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 01:04 AM
Listening to the dogs snore and Watching Tim with Mel Gibson.

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 12:55 AM
I'm pretty much even with you for those...we both are missing the Mothra Rebirth series it seems...I'm just missing 3 of the original Godzilla series on DVD...just waiting to find them at one of my local shops. I've got:

Gamera 1: Gamera the Invincible (1965) *
Gamera 2: War of the Monsters (1966) *
Gamera 3: Gamera vs. Gyaos (1967) *
Gamera 4: Destroy All Planets (1968) *
Gamera 5: Attack of the Monsters (1969) *
Gamera 6: Gamera vs. Monster X (1970) *
Gamera 9: Guardian of the Universe (1995)

Godzilla 01: Gojira
Godzilla 01a: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 02: Godzilla Raids Again
Godzilla 03: King Kong vs.
Godzilla 04: vs. Mothra
Godzilla 05: Ghidorah
Godzilla 06: vs Monster Zero
Godzilla 07: vs. the Sea Monster
Godzilla 09: Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla 10: Revenge
Godzilla 11: vs. the Smog Monster
Godzilla 12: vs. Gigan
Godzilla 15: Terror of Mechagodzilla
Godzilla 16: 1984: The Return of Godzilla
Godzilla 17: vs. Biollante
Godzilla 18: vs. King Ghidorah *
Godzilla 19: Battle for Earth *
Godzilla 20: vs. Mechagodzilla 2
Godzilla 21: vs. Space Godzilla *
Godzilla 22: vs. Destoroyah *
Godzilla 23: 1998
Godzilla 24: 2000
Godzilla 25: vs. Megaguirus
Godzilla 26: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack
Godzilla 27: Against Mechagodzilla
Godzilla 28: Tokyo S.O.S.
Godzilla 29: Final Wars
Godzilla 30: 2014
Godzilla 31: Shin Godzilla

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 12:38 AM

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 12:33 AM

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 12:24 AM
Edited by Zion on Tue 06/02/20 12:25 AM
The Thin Man (1934)

A laugh tops every thrilling moment!

A husband-and-wife detective team takes on the search for a missing inventor and almost get killed for their efforts. My new favorite series...no Sherlock Holmes ever worked better with a snoot-full of Gin.

9 out of 10

After the Thin Man (1936)

Continuing the fun in their NEW hit!

Nick and Nora Charles investigate when Nora's cousin reports her disreputable husband is missing, and find themselves in a mystery involving the shady owners of a popular nightclub, a singer and her dark brother, the cousin's forsaken true love, and Nora's bombastic and controlling aunt.

8 out of 10

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 12:17 AM
I haven't been to sleep...Insomnia is my roommate and he keeps wanting to play Led Zeppelin at 2 am...

no photo
Tue 06/02/20 12:04 AM

Many thoughts.

Expound on them...

If I did mine, I'm sure I would shock and scare enough people to have a visit by men in black suits and sunglasses...

no photo
Mon 06/01/20 11:56 PM
[censored]

no photo
Mon 06/01/20 11:49 PM
Onions