Community > Posts By > Zion

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 05:39 PM
You might want to learn about the history of a people before you invite them to be allies to your cause...that same thing hurt the #metoo movement.

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 05:30 PM
The first tweet about the death of Michael Brown was a minute or two after he collapsed on Canfield Dr., just past noon Aug. 9, 2014. Local rapper Emanuel Freeman (@ TheePharaoh) tweeted from inside his home a photo of Browns body face down in the street, an officer standing over him.

12:03 p.m. "Just saw someone die OMFG."

12:03 p.m. "I'm about to hyperventilate."

12:04 p.m. "the police just shot someone dead in the of my crib yo."

And then a minute later, within five minutes of the shooting, the picture of an officer standing over Browns prone body. Twitter users identified the officer as Darren Wilson.

Forty minutes later, at 12:48 p.m., a previously unknown young woman, La Toya Cash, joined the conversation. She posted this tweet as @AyoMissDarkSkin: "Ferguson police just executed an unarmed 17-year-old boy that was walking to the store. Shot him 10 times smh."

The account of the "boy" "executed" walking on the street and shot 10 times established Mike Browns victimhood. smh--Twitter speak for "shaking my head,"--drove home the point, as did a photo showing dozens of police cars in the street.

The tweet was retweeted 3,500 times in the next few hours, researchers found, as word of the shooting passed through the community like an electrical charge. @AyoMissDarkSkin's report received much more attention than the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's first report of the killing several hours later.

As Ben Lyons reports in his social media analysis (pg. 14), the narrative quickly emerging in social media was that Brown had his hands up, was executed or shot in the back. This was picked up in traditional media where references to hands up, shot in the back and executed appeared six times more often in the days after the killing than terms indicating a struggle with the officer.

But that narrative was wrong. As the Justice Department's investigation concluded seven months later, "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" didn't happen. And Brown didn't look like a "gentle giant" in the convenience store video police released.

Few of the media accounts--either social or traditional--included the fact that Brown struggled with Officer Darren Wilson over Wilson's gun--a key factor in Wilson's ultimate exoneration.

Hands Up, Don't Shoot was a myth created in the hot media environment that came alive in the hours after Brown's death. "Eyewitness" accounts on Twitter, cable news and elsewhere turned out to have been based on what people who hadn't seen the shooting had read on Twitter or heard from neighbors.

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 03:15 PM
July 1 - 11

On July 7, 2009 a mortar shell was fired at an IDF patrol near the Karni crossing, falling in Israeli territory. On July 11 a mortar shell was fired near the Karni crossing, falling inside the Gaza Strip. On July 2, 2009 an IDF patrol was fired on south of the Karni crossing. On July 5 three mortar shells were fired at an IDF patrol near the Sufa crossing.

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 03:13 PM
I guess that's why you started it...because you needed to try to bring other people in when your original thread has lost interest...the communists did the same thing with the counter-culture movement in the 60s...all that BLACK POWER was nothing more than RED POWER...but SHHHH that's actual history so we don't want to talk about that...stay with the fiction, it plays better...you see the modern left do the same thing when one of their prize movements stalls...they piggyback onto the next new wave of interest...just like how the #metoo movement got wrapped up by the Anti-Semantic Hate crowd...then they tried to separate themselves and couldn't.

I'll just start over here.

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 03:02 PM
The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day (2009)

The Saints Are Calling

Skillfully framed by an unknown enemy for the murder of a priest, wanted vigilante MacManus brothers Murphy and Connor must come out of hiding on a sheep farm in Ireland to fight for justice in Boston.

5 out of 10

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 02:57 PM

June 21 - 29

On June 29 two Palestinians were observed placing an IED 2 kilometers southwest of the Karni crossing. On June 25, 2009 light weapons were fired at the Nahal Oz fuel terminal; there were no casualties.On June 21, 2009 an IDF force on routine patrol uncovered four IEDs placed along the border security fence in the Kissufim region of the western Negev . As the IEDs were being disarmed, two mortar shells were fired and light arms were used to attack the soldiers. There were no casualties.

June 9 - 15

One (1) rocket hit was indentified in the western Negev . There were no casualties and no damage was done.

May 19

One (1) rocket hit a house in the southern city of Sderot, causing damage. Two people were treated for shock.

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 02:50 PM
May 5 - 12

Four (4) rockets and two (2) mortar shell hits were identified, all of them in non-inhabited areas. There were no casualties and no damage was done.

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 02:47 PM

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 02:44 PM
Edited by Zion on Sun 06/14/20 02:45 PM

April 28 - May 5

One (1) rocket and three (3) mortar shells were fired at Israel.

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 02:42 PM
I'm not talking about protesters...protest all you want. Burn all you want. Loot all you want. Society has deemed it acceptable to count your coup and just take whatever you want. Doesn't affect me so I just don't care. My livelihood isn't being burnt to the ground, my inventory isn't being spread to the winds...if others are too weak to stop them...oh well...I'm sure those evil Hamburger Restaurants, Drug and Liquor stores will make sure to never be involved in racist activities again.

I'm talking about all the mother-killers, father-rapers, store-robbers, drug-users, car-jackers...you know...all those poor innocent college-bound students just out for a walk or looking to bring mom home a quart of milk from the corner store.

Maybe a stern scolding along with a vigorous finger-wagging will set them on the path of the straight and narrow...

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 02:17 PM

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 02:16 PM

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 09:40 AM

If you like horror Bella, then let me suggest a brilliant horror series "Ash Vs the Evil Dead" starring Bruce Campbell and based on the films. It's very gory but the humour saves it from being too much.

EXCELLENT suggestion. Everything Bruce Campbell is something worthy of attention.

ANYWAY..horror is relative..

Some people are scared stiff with snakes...some with frogs...some with slugs...

Closed spaces are terrible...darkness is unacceptable...underground demons are what others fear...

Anime is drawn..horror is horror...not much for comparison...

Spooky Markers FTW??? Not likely

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 09:32 AM
God is a joke.

If you believe in an all-powerful..all-knowing..all encompassing deity...

In a Universe of Billions of Billions of galaxies...with a billion of billion of stars within each galaxy...

And trillion of trillions of possible lifeforms...

You think this Ultimate Power...this Ultimate Being actually gives a **** if you do A or B for a certain situation in your meaningless life...

You are nothing more than a complete idiot...

Really, when was the last time YOU were concerned with the life choice of a single Ant...

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 09:20 AM

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 07:56 AM
Graboid onto anything you can...

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 07:50 AM
Nobody cares anymore...LMAO

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 07:46 AM

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 07:40 AM

Good luck on the recruitment...

April 15 - 20

Two (2) rockets were fired at the western Negev falling in open fields.

no photo
Sun 06/14/20 07:37 AM

April 1 - 7

Two (2) rockets and two (2) mortar shells were fired at Israel. No injuries or damage was reported.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25