Community > Posts By > northrn_yanke

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:51 PM

guess you really can't understand ....you should get someone to read it to you ...especially this part.."For those who don't have the capacity to know right from wrong that they get some professional help as soon as possible."

The war is illegal. Besides how very dictatorial of our illustrious baby shrub to push aside the UN at his convenience and try to use the UN charters to legitimize his illegal war.noway huh Unbelievablenoway

sure it is.....is it not time for your bottle and your afternoon nap?

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:50 PM
Edited by northrn_yanke on Tue 03/04/08 12:50 PM

Its our military and our President.

Do you suggest we turn over all our rights to the UN? Including Justice?

I don't really know how to answer that....look why don't you read up on international law and the court and when you can offer somewhat of an intelligent conversation then get back to me..noway

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:43 PM

usdoj.gov/usa

I believe they have jurisdiction within our borders.

duh...the war is in Iraq....that's outside of the US borders...

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:42 PM
if you want to read the entire four pages of really interesting torture methods and whatever, to practice up on your skills, since we all know the US tortures people(we just use water and a sheet-and dont kill'em) then check out the site.

it should be required reading before commenting...those are some nasty people and nothing the US did could make the monsters those "people" are....and no words in any language could be used to negotiate with these animals...

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:34 PM

cool,we cloned our own army....now when we leave,a small Al-qaeda militia led by Osama can infiltrate that army and destabilize Iraq.

why don't you go try to infiltrate the Iraqi army and report back to us when you've completed your mission...bigsmile

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:28 PM
here's the stats for suicides in the US in 2005...

All suicides

Number of deaths: 32,439

Deaths per 100,000 population: 11.0

it's not just a military issue......

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:22 PM
that's great news...drinker

but a sure thread killer...huh

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:21 PM
see what happens Doc....when you throw in a few facts it kills the thread..laugh

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:19 PM

The International Court of Justice?

Did we suddenly give up our laws and constitution for a One World Gov?noway noway noway noway

you never heard of the International Court of Justice??...noway

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:11 PM
you can write an article about it tomorrow

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:07 PM
funny how some can read this yet they have no understanding of the english language...noway

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:04 PM
yawn yawn

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:00 PM
guess you really can't understand ....you should get someone to read it to you ...especially this part.."For those who don't have the capacity to know right from wrong that they get some professional help as soon as possible."

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 11:54 AM
It's only an article in a news paper...who knows what the real story is...yawn

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 11:47 AM
I wouldn't call them "completely different" symbols.
It is a five pointed star, the same symbol used on our American Flag and the same symbol on some Sheriff's badges.

Putting a circle around it only makes it a five pointed star inside of a circle. Whoever used it for whatever reason ~ means only what you or they want it to mean.

putting a circle around it only makes it a different symbol with it's own meaning....you might have cards you can read but that does not give you the power to change the english language...noway

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 11:37 AM
It seems some people are not capable of understanding english and are still perpetrating the lie the the war in Iraq is illegal..I wish those who are capable of understanding they are lying they would have the integrity to stop. For those who don't have the capacity to know right from wrong that they get some professional help as soon as possible.....

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 11:30 AM
laugh

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 09:42 AM
But from my studying of Obama , I think he is a Constitutionalist

I think you should do a bit more studying

Constitution is a living document; no strict constructionism

When we get in a tussle, we appeal to the Founding Fathers and the Constitution's ratifiers to give direction. Some, like Justice Scalia, conclude that the original understanding must be followed and if we obey this rule, democracy is respected.

Others, like Justice Breyers, insist that sometimes the original understanding can take you only so far--that on the truly big arguments, we have to take context, history, and the practical outcomes of a decision into account.

I have to side with Justice Breyer's view of the Constitution--that it is not a static but rather a living document and must be read in the context of an ever-changing world.

I see democracy as a conversation to be had. According to this conception, the genius of Madison's design is not that it provides a fixed blueprint for action. It provides us with a framework and rules, but all its machinery are designed to force us into a conversation.
Source: The Audacity of Hope, by Barack Obama, p. 89-92 Oct 1, 2006

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 09:36 AM

yep current events is dead today

are you sure?...I googled dead and couldn't find current events on it...bigsmile

no photo
Tue 03/04/08 08:57 AM

Lindyy says:

FIRST: Christians never did nor do they need any phoney symbol to ward off witches. The shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary gives Christians all the protection needed. smile smile smile

In Christian times:
1..The five points of the pentagram have been interpreted as representing the five wounds of Christ (2 wrist, 2 ankle and 1 side).
2..The Roman Emperor Constantine used the pentagram in his seal and amulet.
3..It has been referred to as the Star of Bethlehem
4..It was used to symbolize the star which allegedly led three Zoroastrian astrologers to the baby Jesus; it was called the Three Kings' star.
5..The English warrior Sir Gawain, a nephew of King Arthur, adopted the pentagram as his personal symbol and placed it on his shield. It appeared in gold on a red background. The five points symbolized "the five knightly virtues - generosity, courtesy, chastity, chivalry and piety."
6..Tarot cards originally had a suit of coins or discs. These were changed in the 19th century to pentacles when the Tarot became associated with the Kabbalah. They eventually became the suit of diamonds in modern playing cards.
7..It has been widely used by past Christians as a protective amulet.
8..During the burning times when the Christian church burned alive hundreds of thousands of innocent people, the meaning of the pentagram changed. It began to symbolize a goat's head or the devil in the form of Baphomet. "The folk-symbol of security - for the first time in history - was equated with evil and was called the Witch's Foot.

your talking about a pentagram...Lindyy was talking about a pentacle...two completely different symbols with two completely different meanings....

The pentacle, a pentagram within a circle, is the most recognizable symbol of Wicca.

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25