Community > Posts By > MarsNeverSleeps

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 11:20 PM

That's why I have my IM turned off.

I'm amused by them, but yeah, the IM's might need to be turned off soon...lol

Perhaps it's just me, but personally I'd have fun crafting clever responses and toying with them..mind games can be a great passtime :wink:

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 11:19 PM
Nope! Keep it up sister! You have every right to expect suitors to actually have a brain

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 11:16 PM
If you have a profile pic like Mirror you get more responses :tongue:

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 11:14 PM
Could be better, yeah. Try getting a few (three or four, tops) professionally-made photos; the kind actors get to use as their "calling card" work great if you can afford it. Then get some normal pics of you having serious fun, ideally with some female friends of yours in a couple of em. Fairs, parties, theme parks, etc. work great for that, or even just family gatherings.

And yes, I know, I need to follow my own advice. Hush.

Cheers! smokin
-MarsNS

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 11:05 PM
Thanks Drew. My point exactly

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 07:35 PM
I would.

Would you have the guts to demask Batman?

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 07:27 PM
Seems like it basically comes down to "men" never having grown past boyhood.

You want a girl, guys? A good, lasting relationship? Those things don't just happen. It's up to you to step up, be a man, and earn the skills you need to meet, attract and keep a woman. Otherwise, more for the guys who do put in the effort.

Point of interest: the man widely regarded to be the world's best pick-up artist, bar none, who's dated some of the most beautiful, successful, desirable women in the world, started out as a frustrated, awkward, unattractive geek. If he can do it, so can you. smokin

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 07:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2aGMavQGks

Out of curiosity, what do y'all military folks think of this? 98% body coverage, 95% flexibility I believe.

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 07:10 PM
No prob bro. I'm here to help drinker

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 07:00 PM
I wanted to be a USMC fighter pilot.

Come to find out Tourette's is on the entire military's Permanently Disqualified list.

Their loss smokin

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 06:55 PM
Rule 1: do *not* "express your feelings." That virtually always drives her away, no matter how much people will tell you it's "the right thing to do."
Rule 2: Attraction is NOT a choice. If she's not into you, there's nothing you can do about it. Conversely, if she's into you, there's nothing *she* can do about it
Rule 3: A woman becomes attracted to a man based on the FEELING she gets when she's around you, and when you're not around and she thinks of you.

Your best bet: have *fun* when you're around her, and pull her along into your fun, so to speak. Make her laugh, make her smile, be relaxed, confident, and at ease around her. (Important point: don't use self-depreciating humor. A lot of guys hear that laughter works wonders, and then go on to make fun of themselves, getting lots of laughs as a result, of course, but in the end self-depreciating humor kills attraction just as much as no humor at all).

Be spontaneous! There are few things a woman likes more than a man who's totally unpredictable when it comes to the next adventure. You don't have to be adventurous, of course, but you get my drift. A good idea: watch some romantic comedies and some James Bond movies as well. And watch "Accepted"..Bartleby Gaines is the perfect example of what I'm talking about in the last 3/4 of the movie.

Also: Chivalry isn't dead.

Cheers! smokin
-MarsNS

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 06:01 PM
Also: laugh laugh

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 06:01 PM
If you know "the game" well enough, any of them will work. If you don't, nothing you do will work, period. :wink:

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sun 03/30/08 01:28 PM
Why do people feel the need to start pointless arguments like this?

I'm not going to argue with you, mate. You've already made up your mind.

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sat 03/29/08 10:52 PM
Ahh, I see what you're getting at, Creative. That I can't answer for sure, but I will say that it probably has to do with a few factors: first, many Christians assume that all the books of the Bible were written without bias. That's silly though. No one is devoid of bias. Even some of the letters in the New Testament begin with "I am writing to you so that..." There is intent in each book. So that could be one thing; difference in intent leading to slightly different recordings of the story.

Also, the Gospels were scribed years after the events took place. There's certainly going to be a little bit of discrepancy from that, though I don't think any of it from that source is going to be significant.

<quote>By your wording in which you say "'he's' not consistent", and "'he' is revealing", I would venture to guess that you believe that all which has been attributed to Jesus is authentic in nature. Is that an accurate conclusion? </quote>

Yes, I do believe that everything attributed to Him is authentic. Even though the books of the Bible were written by fallible man, and often recorded many years after the events they describe, and compiled by fallible man into the 66 books we know and love today, all this was done by people who had consciously (with a very few notable exceptions) submitted themselves to the will of God.

I don't believe the Bible *is* god..that's taking John 1:1 a little far I think...but I do believe, for the reason I just described, that it is the perfect, infallible, and yes, living, breathing message from the Creator to His creation.

Umm..is that everything? *glances at Creative's post*

Hope so. It's bed time... -__-zzzzz

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sat 03/29/08 09:39 PM
Stoppit with the rules. Rules kill, in more ways than one, and Jesus Himself acknowledged that. Get close to God, and everything else--the theology, the deeds, the wisdom--will follow naturally. Pray. Read the Bible. Praise and worship Him, however you like. When rules come first, religion is the result. When your personal, intimate relationship with God is your focus, you will find yourself freed more and more from those bonds that have become so familiar. You know what bonds I'm talking about: loneliness, low self esteem, addiction, worry...

Don't get me wrong, the rules are wonderful in their place. They show us the enlightened way God means for us to live. But when they become the end instead of the means there is death instead of life.

I pray God blesses you and guides you on your journey, my friend :)

Cheers!smokin
-MarsNS

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sat 03/29/08 09:22 PM
Edited by MarsNeverSleeps on Sat 03/29/08 09:25 PM
True. But again, it's a matter of context and the message he was was conveying.

He does a similar thing when he sometimes referred to himself as the "son of man," and at others the "son of God." Just because he's not "consistent" with one or the other doesn't mean there's necessarily a contradiction. On the contrary, he is revealing many aspects of the same world and the same God by making use of these sometimes subtle discrepancies.

When he refers to himself as the son of man, it's a reference to Elijah, and to Adam: his fully human nature, having descended from Adam. Son of God, of course, refers to his fully divine nature, being not simply the son of God but God Himself in the flesh.

flowerforyou

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sat 03/29/08 09:14 PM

Flirting is an art form, and I am Monet.

really pretty from far away, but looks like a mess upclose?? kidding j/klaugh laugh laugh

Beautiful at first glance, chaotic yet intricate close-up, and my contemporaries lop off their own ears in fits of jealousy.

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sat 03/29/08 09:09 PM
Edited by MarsNeverSleeps on Sat 03/29/08 09:09 PM
Flirting is an art form, and I am Monet. ~_^

MarsNeverSleeps's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:58 PM
Explain?

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 17 18