Community > Posts By > JuliaA

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 01:48 PM
Thanks for the flowers....it's been awhile.

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 01:46 PM
To me....I love flowers and haven't had any in some time.

Lynann why didn't you just go ahead and say you had seen him in a coffee shop?

We are all here paying lip service to being honest about who and what we are. Where do we/you draw the line?

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 10:54 AM
It depends on how much drinking is going on as to how much I can or will tolerate. When out at clubs, of any age group, I have found that 10 pm is the stupid hour. When people who, of all ages, go from being slightlytipsy entertaining to obnoxiously irrating drunks and then the crowd, whether it has grown in reality or not becomes suffocating and I must say my good bys.

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 10:50 AM
Are we talking - dating or sex???? They are two very different things. Having had a sexual fling with a man who at the time was 14 years my junior 29/43 it was not about going clubbing-been there done that. It was not about going to the symphony or theatre-the last tux he had worn was in high school. It was about my frustration trying to find a man in his mid-40's to early 50's who had a libido that was even close to mind. Still a frustration today. Purely my experience, I would not dare to speak for or to someone else's experience. If you can find a common ground with which to hold a conversation with a man of such a different generation then you are indeed a lucky woman.

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 07:52 AM
Wrong 6-pack "ABS!!!!" A little eye candy for the ladies. I just park the boat and let them have the lake. That's why God made poolslaugh

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 06:03 AM
Too funny...if you think that's bad you ouGHT to try Lake Havasue City,AZ over spring break. Nothing like six packs everywhere you LOOKshocked

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 05:55 AM

Absolutely!!!No book can be judged by the pretty pictures.

Sounds like I could be considered gullible. Thanks for the education Lady. I know I got lucky and God was and is looking out for me in my inexperience in these matters. I too am not "looking" for a man just spending some time when I can't sleep.

However, my education and what I do for a living has honed my ability to identify BS skills to the max and I ALWAYS follow my instincts. This is not my first rodeo so to speak...maybe on this venue but you can meet frauds in person too. I do value your experience and appreciate the heads up...If you are a reader check out the book "Kiss My Tiara" sorry my daughter has it with her and the authors name escapes me...Great book lots of empowerment and laughter. Have a great day

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 04:35 AM
Ouch, sounds like you have been burned...too bad you are on the east coast. I am in Phoenix and on the female side of your statement. I keep running into guys who just want to"date"; translation=get laid a couple of times and then move on.

Good luck and if you need a grounded female perspective to remind you, when your hope is low and you are feeling cynical. That there are still wonderful, sensual, passionate, intelligent ladies with some serious private skills available. Just check into this forum. If what I have been reading all night, due to sleeplessness, is any indication you can find them here. God speed and be safe

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 04:24 AM
Sometimes I prefer no picture. I then have no preconceived ideas about the person I am corresponding with and I tend to take more time getting to know them. As best as one can on the internet. How well a person expressess himself is important to me. Can He find a coherent sentence much less write one. I have learned in this dating venue, which I started in Jan of 2008, that I need to think outside the box in order to meet new and interesting people. That does not mean that lying about who you are and what you are is acceptable. I speak for me only. Lies always come out, eventually.

If I am focused on a picture then I tend to discount someone who may not necessarily be "my type". The last/only man I have dated (past tense) on this site was not "my type" However, we did make some good memories and I learned alot from the experience.

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 04:14 AM
Careful Teleman, you may not want that posted on the internet....some people have no sense of humor, particularly if said psycho ends up dead!!!

Having said that if implementing a restraining order you must document and immediately contact the police when he shows up and breaks it, in any way, shape or form. Make double sure to include, verbatim, any contact such as e-mail, text, and within x amount of yards, feet etc...Be prepared to defend the being drawn in the sand by calling the police Or...

change phone numbers, e-mail addresses etc...

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 03:51 AM
It's nice to know I am not alone out here in cyber space this early in the morning....Good morningdrinker

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 03:49 AM
Is that a long way of saying you would settle for just one woman if she is a woman of substance, who gives as well as takes????

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 03:42 AM
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE....you are appreciated.drinker Cheers to you all. I have some young men and women who mean alot to me who are currently serving this country and while I may have some (motherly) protective genes that say keep my "Kids" here protecting home! I will always stand behind or beside them and love them and support them for their honor, integrity and willingness to serve

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 03:34 AM
To each his/her own...consenting adults are just that and What you do in your bedroom is none of my business and vice versa, just be safe. it's not like it was in the early 70's and 80's. Sex can kill you todaygrumble

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 03:21 AM

Heck no... I have had several careers and going for another.

I was a blue collar die maker for 13 years... then I took a two year sabbatical to figure out something better than blue collar work... and I ran across a job as a contract telephone engineer...

When the industry died in 2002, I survived a whole year on unemployment, and decided to go back to college. I figured out I was actually very good at college... then I had people telling me I was good at it, like honor societies and folks that hand out scholarships...

Now I am on my way to earn a Master's degree in January... then a PhD after that... the next career? I want to be a full-time college professor. After 6 years you receive tenure at the university you work at and have job security for life.

My advice would be to quit the job you hate, and figure out what you love in life... then do that...

There is no time in one lifetime to waste your time doing something you hate doing. I wasted 13 years in the die making business and I hated life... now, I am a full-time college student, I give guitar lessons for what money I do make, and I couldn't be happier.

Its not always about STUFF... (big screen TVs, huge houses, and having a bigger SUV than your neighbor who lives 3 feet from your exterior wall...)

Its all about peace and enjoying this life that passes by so fast we will be in the grave before we make up our minds to enjoy it rather than b*tch and complain about every little thing...

I was married for five years to a complete psychopath... and I decided when I got away from that b*tch that I was going to live in peace and tranquility the rest of my life,,, I wasn't going to put up with the crazy chaos and domestic bullsh*t she had in her life when we met... she had problems, and I got the hell away from her... thank God... talk about being delivered... whew... thank you Jesus !!!!!

Yup, you can start over as many times as you wish... with a career... I'm holding out until I find a decent woman who actually has her stuff together... but I'm not holding my breath... on here, if you find somebody interesting they write you one e-mail then drop off the planet...

But as far as careers?... go for it

I too made a career change after re-inventing myself at 40 and educating myself to do something that at the time I believed I was called to do, loved it however....It took too much out of me and I ended up working and not living.

I now have changed careers again this time blending two past working experiences into one. I am very excited about the possibilities.:thumbsup:

And you sir, don't quit just before the miracle happens. I enjoy the art of letter writing and am pretty good at it...so maybe, if your curious let's see who drops off the planet and if not just remember this is a sorting process. Maybe they saved you alot of potentially wasted time. signed sleepless in Phoenix (Julia)

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 03:03 AM
Since we spent one month writing long, involved, explorative letters back and forth after meeting on this site, sex was the most logical, instinctual next step. We knew alot about each other, had already had mental sex, made each other laugh orgasmicly and talked for extended periods of time, numerous times on the phone, once we kissed it was a done deal! Yes, it only lasted for 6 months but I was true to myself and my needs and didn't feel the need to play by some unwritten set of rules that "they" whoever "they" are had written centuries ago. And yes we did practice safe sex. I may be passionate, I am not stupid.

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 02:39 AM
46-going strong but still goin alone

"Old enough to know better but young enough to do it anyway"

Wish I had explored this site sooner, havin too much fun for a sleepless in Phoenix kinda night. Thanks for keeping me company ya'llwaving

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 02:19 AM
That sounds great, now where are all the men at???? I certainly have not run into any between the ages of 39 and 50....I did my young thing in my early 40's. I am tired of being the "teacher". Where does a hot woman in her 40's find a willing partner to learn with,get better with and have fun with exclusively

JuliaA's photo
Thu 09/04/08 02:05 AM
Good for you and all the rest of you who have been blessed.drinker I met someone right off the bat and he said he was falling in love with me, even took me home to meet his family, in antoher state and proceeded to plan the next 10 months of our lives together. 60 days later he couldn't be "exclusive" but wanted a "relationship".Ouch!!! brokenheart I have more or less given up but did learn to pay attention to tag lines when I do go forth and explore. frustrated If it says "looking for woman FOR DATING" believe it.

JuliaA's photo
Sat 01/12/08 05:08 PM
I posted, God I feel so inept, where am I supposed to be looking for the reply YIKES!!! HELP PLEASE

Previous 1